It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Holder Tells MSNBC: Feds Must Intervene to Stop Voter Photo ID Laws

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Kali74
reply to post by beezzer

There's virtually no voter fraud. This is another unnecessary law that grows government. It won't help Republicans even with the voters they disenfranchise with this bill, which is the aim. Republican ideals are dying out, you're a sinking ship. Toodles.

I am an independent voter, but I gotta disagree with every single sentence you wrote. Even the snarky "Toodles".

How does requiring an ID to vote going to "grow government"? How does requiring proof that you are who you say you are going to disenfranchise anybody except those people who are liars?

I eagerly await your educated and erudite response to my questions.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

nah ... point being ....

if i have to show my photo id and insurance card during a traffic stop. then why the hail shouldn't i expect to have to do the same [voter id and photo id] when VOTING for ELECTED officials. (???)

how else are folks to know they're 'ENTITLED' to vote, otherwise.

it's an entitlement/privilege that comes with and requires proof of eligibility, RIGHT!???

just like driving/operating a vehicle, gambling, entering the armed services, buying a beer, etc.

ALL require a photo id ....

to claim 'voting' a 'lesser act' of citizenship than buying a beer would seem a disgrace to the office with which he has been assigned/charged with duty over. (??)

we're held 'photo id' accountable for so many everyday transactions, activities and the like, yet this bozo feels it necessary to just say, ah..... what the hell ... vote away" - for anyone who shows up and 'wants to 'vote'.

stop the ride ..... please ....

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Destinyone

Kali74
reply to post by Destinyone

I'm not a Democrat, so I'm glad to know Leftists are leaving the Centrists behind.

No matter what your party affiliation is, Kali. It's your lack of concern for this administrations steamrolling over any
State law that gets in the way of their agenda. That leaves me feeling, you just don't give a damn about how our forefathers set up a foundation of checks and balances to keep us a Free Nation, of Free People.

Holder would give you an appointed seat in a heart beat. JMOHO....

Des

Total BS. I've been quite critical on here and in real life of Obama, his administration and the whole system in general. Voter ID, doesn't cut the mustard in my eyes. Coming down on organizations that skirt tax laws, doesn't cut it. Phony witnesses to muddy waters in a terrorist attack, doesn't cut it.

Drones
NDAA
NSA
KeystoneXL
Global warming

No one could be harsher on Obama and crew than I.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Does it not cost money to get an ID?
And I imagine that where these laws get enacted there will be special positions added to help people that have a hard time obtaining ID's.
edit on 1/24/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Kali, as a debater, I have to give you props for sticking to your guns on this. But it is a losing argument.

ID's are used for everything except the most important thing.

Voting for the folks that are supposed to represent/work for us.

This ennui, this lack of caring is pervasive throughout our society.

If we want accountability for the people that represent us, we should expect accountability for the process that brings them to office.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Except it's total crap based on your paranoia.
And leaves people out.
End of.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Kali74
reply to post by beezzer

And leaves people out.
End of.

What people?

What crap?

Start of. . . .

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Kali74
reply to post by beezzer

And leaves people out.
End of.

Leaves what people, out of what, Kali. Please explain who is getting left out by being required to have a voter ID. Illegals who can't vote otherwise? Are those the people you claim are being left out?

Damn straight they should be left out! They don't have the constitutional right to vote in this Country. Holder is trying to give them the golden ticket to the voting booth. No questions asked, put your X here ...thank you for voting. It's BS!

Des

edit on 24-1-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Honestly what illegal is going to risk getting caught in order to vote?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Kali74

Does it not cost money to get an ID?
And I imagine that where these laws get enacted there will be special positions added to help people that have a hard time obtaining ID's.
edit on 1/24/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

It costs $16 here in Texas, as long as you have your proper proof of citizenship. It would be very easy for the gov't to set up a waiver of fees for those who are poor...but most who are poor are already getting benefits in the way of TANF, food stamps and Medicaid. Those ALL require social security numbers, fake or not. There wouldn't be any special employees just for these people. They can wait in line at the DMV or DPS just like everybody else.

A simple waiver for those who cannot afford it would be quite easy to accomplish for those who actually have no ID whatsoever but can prove they were either born here or are here legally.....and there's the rub, isn't it? If you don't have proof that you are a citizen, then you ought to be S.O.L. anyway.

Those who are not supposed to be here legally tend to avoid government offices, except for the ones that pass out the goodies.

This is an easy fix....no need to "disenfranchise" anybody....just those who are not supposed to be voting in the first place.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

12m8keall2c
reply to post by neo96

nah ... point being ....

if i have to show my photo id and insurance card during a traffic stop. then why the hail shouldn't i expect to have to do the same [voter id and photo id] when VOTING for ELECTED officials. (???)

how else are folks to know they're 'ENTITLED' to vote, otherwise.

it's an entitlement/privilege that comes with and requires proof of eligibility, RIGHT!???

just like driving/operating a vehicle, gambling, entering the armed services, buying a beer, etc.

ALL require a photo id ....

to claim 'voting' a 'lesser act' of citizenship than buying a beer would seem a disgrace to the office with which he has been assigned/charged with duty over. (??)

we're held 'photo id' accountable for so many everyday transactions, activities and the like, yet this bozo feels it necessary to just say, ah..... what the hell ... vote away" - for anyone who shows up and 'wants to 'vote'.

stop the ride ..... please ....

Yeah he's a bozo so is his boss.

Guess the thought never occurred to the to stop disenfranchising the right, or tea party members or try to make people from other countries legal all so they can vote for his party.

And really Voter ID laws like Holder is going after is only after 1 demographic.

Last 2 elections where people were getting carded to vote his boss won.

African Americans turned out for him.

To the current topic.

Voter ID laws is all about giving iilegals ' the right to vote' because no one has to prove who they are.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Kali74
reply to post by beezzer

And leaves people out.
End of.

EXACTLY how would it preclude any REGISTERED, able-bodied, legal Citizen from casting their ballot??

? those who can't 'afford' to obtain a 'state-issued' photo ID card ?

?$20 bucks?

.... hail i can do that in an afternoon 'canvassing' walmart parking lot alone. (???)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Kali74

Perhaps the same amount that risk getting caught by signing up for welfare and other programs.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Kali74

That just let me know, you don't actually vote. If you did, you would know that to vote you have to show your photo ID.

What Holder is attempting to do, is make that no longer a requirement. How in the hell would a voter polling place even know someone was an illegal without a photo ID requirement.

Now, you are making no sense at all. If this is the best you have to offer, take a break, find another thread that you understand the content of the discussion, so you don't embarrass your self.

Des

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Advantage

Kali74

Perhaps the same amount that risk getting caught by signing up for welfare and other programs.

Sorry I don't suffer from illegal alien paranoia. I don't buy that illegals are using fake identities to get benefits either.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Kali74

Advantage

Kali74

Sorry I don't suffer from illegal alien paranoia. I don't buy that illegals are using fake identities to get benefits either.

Sorry, I dont either, but nice ad hom though Kali. Youre really a piece of work lately and impossible not only have a normal conversation with, but impossible to have a normal conversation that youre a part of. Your need to fight online and use childish comebacks lately is getting tiresome.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Kali74

Advantage

Kali74

What ?

So you don't have problems being told that we have to obey the laws of this country.

But when it becomes political expedient for a certain political party. Not so fast 'everyone is equal under the eyes of the law'

No no that law is for other people!

Not you who the government who has whispered sweet nothings in to their ears,and told them they are 'special'.

If that is what is being called 'paranoid'.

I say effing hell no it's not.

The laws of this land are for everyone or no one.

The use of You is a generalization meaning the rest of us.
edit on 24-1-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Kali74

Advantage

Kali74

Ha! I was a welfare worker in an agricultural area of California, as well as working in mental health here in Texas. I gots news for you, Toots. It happens ALL THE TIME. We are encouraged to not worry if a bunch of names come up with the same social security number, we were told to "err" on the side of getting kids something to eat. The lies, the waste of time having to have bilingual workers, and the bull they come up with as far as "lost documents", etc.....I could fill a book with it.

It's not paranoia to expect people to follow the laws of the land. There are so many illegals who use fake SSNs, fake names and fake addresses to get treated at local ERs, it's not even funny.

I suspect you don't have experience in the real world.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I'm not any different now than I was back then.
We just don't travel the same circle anymore, I left so no need to worry about anyone defending me.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Sure you are.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join