It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Holder Tells MSNBC: Feds Must Intervene to Stop Voter Photo ID Laws

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Look folks this ID stuff is all BS with one intended purpose.
To track you...

This is true because the ID's are generated from “seed” documents that aren't biometric. So unless you have a biometric birth certificate, they really have no way to verify that you are the same person whose BC you present at the DMV or at a polling center. Now, once you have a database entry, yes, you cannot apply for a new one or have a duplicate ID as the software will catch it.

That is...
Unless you want to go have plastic surgery to an extent that it fools the FR software and allows you to get another ID under a different identity.

So in reality this stops nothing and no one that has a driven intent to fool it. What it really is about is that they figure that 99.9% of folks out there have nothing to hide, and will submit to it. As such they can track everyone but those who its supposedly intended to stop...

Again the reality is that its intended to track the 99.9% that the elites are afraid may one day rebel against them, or in the short term to automate fining you for everything from littering to speeding.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Eric the crime syndicate Holder? haha Enjoy!

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
STOP FEEDING THE TROLLS!!!!!

Good god- 6 pages with the same troll going on and on and on talking about not a damned thing of relevance.
Everything that was said by that troll- was debunked- yet it keeps on going.

That said-

Eric Holder should tread more lightly when hes talking about the voting requirements of this nation.
Theres already so much fraud going on that to make it any worse should be met with treason charges.

The democratic base would not have a base if it werent for illegal voters and blind sheep who do not have a mind of their own.
Not to mention their entire platform seems to be based off of race baiting.
All in which seems to be based on a "its all the white mans fault" cue.

If anything- the voting system needs to be TIGHTENED- and there should be a better standard to make sure that all votes are counted fairly, and accurately.

Till then- you are going to see asshats like holder going on national tv spouting nonsense like this.

To the troll- dont bother replying to my post just in case you were thinking about doing so- I wont feed you.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
As long as a person has a state issued ID a voter ID is unnecessary. And if they are wanting to go the voter ID route then they have to issue them free of charge something they don't want to do. You can't charge for the ID because in America you cannot make a person pay for the right to vote. This is something even the most simpleminded Republican and Tea Party member should be able to understand.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

How do they live ? unless your talking about street people that sleep on the street and eat in soup kitchen's.

Aren't these people entitled to some sort of assistance ?

I'm not being combative here, I'm asking a question. If you choose to answer it then please follow with a source. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

buster2010
As long as a person has a state issued ID a voter ID is unnecessary. And if they are wanting to go the voter ID route then they have to issue them free of charge something they don't want to do. You can't charge for the ID because in America you cannot make a person pay for the right to vote. This is something even the most simpleminded Republican and Tea Party member should be able to understand.

As long as your talking about simple minds then how is you don't know that FREE ID's are offered all the time, it has nothing to do with politics'.

So hateful !! you have a nice day Buster.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Destinyone
reply to post by defcon5

Thanks Defcon!

Interesting section from your link.

The Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (SAVE) Program is a service that helps federal, state and local benefit-issuing agencies, institutions, and licensing agencies determine the immigration status of benefit applicants so only those entitled to benefits receive them.
www.uscis.gov...

This being the case. I would think they should have to provide E-Verify for voting as well. Not what Holder is pushing, providing no ID at all.

Des

edit on 24-1-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Aye, there's the rub, then.......when I worked in immigration processing visas, we did biometric scanning, especially of fingerprints. This was required by law. If you're here illegally, your biometric scans are not in any database.

Requiring biometric scanning would leave out a bunch of "unregistered visitors" in this country, wouldn't it?

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Kali74
reply to post by Libertygal

Many years ago I was in a desperate situation and had to shelter with my infant son. I left everything behind. When I got to the safehouse, I had to apply for welfare. I was treated like dirt by the worker, I had no papers for myself or my son. There was a process to getting my documents for free. I had to reapply for Social Security cards, I couldn't go further with the application process until I had them so that took weeks. Luckily my mom could afford to give me money until then but because it was a safety situation I couldn't give the address of the shelter and had to walk a half mile in a completely unfamiliar place to meet her. Anyway once I had our SS cards I had to go to some building downtown which I had to borrow cab fare from the petty cash to get to the train station. And because I was born in Alabama but lived in MA it was going to take even longer to get my birth certificate. It took three months all in all to get my documents and my ID then my benefits.

The situation I was in is not unique. I'm not the only person in the country to have gone through some kind of tragedy and lose my documents. There's fires everyday. People become homeless for all kinds of reasons everyday and lose track of their stuff. People can't afford to get to where they need to go to get them for all kinds of reasons.

I lost everything, should I have lost my right to vote as well?

If you were "treated like dirt" by the welfare worker, there's a good chance you may have had an attitude with her. It's not an easy job and so many come in all disorganized and screaming for instantaneous benefits. It does get old.

As far as the rest of it......as a grown adult, did you not see the need for identification? That way, even if you lost it, it is easy to replace. Apparently you didn't have even basic ID. So yeah, even if you "fell through the cracks", I don't see why you shouldn't be required to show an ID in order to vote.

Apples and oranges. Should we let everybody vote just because there are a few people who cannot prove they are who they say they are? Sure people lose stuff in fires, etc. Those people can get replacement IDs quite easily. The few that are adults but walk around as children without any sort of ID? Nope. Can't seem to work up the sympathy factor for them. Not in this day and age.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

buster2010
As long as a person has a state issued ID a voter ID is unnecessary.

That is a very good point and goes to further prove that despite their claims none of this is really about identification. Its about collecting biometrics, and eliminating anything that can be used as an ID that does not contain them.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
As lame as this issue is, it is of no suprise the comments of the left, and of buster, as every time, when a real libby runs out of lame points, and they do quite often, they turn to childish, playground name calling every time. Even to those with hardships and limits can vote, as long as they prove who they are, simple and easy, and it is the law, deal with it or do not friggin vote. pack of luckys, ID, vote, ID, simple, even for the children. There is no excuse for an adult whom wants to vote, not to have identification, and there is no reasoning worth crap otherwise. if some of the posters on here are chemically altered spoiled children with bad parents, it is starting to show, big time....

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

And as a very low percentage of americans,(or otherwise) vote, but most cash checks or drive, transactions or the like, the biometric side of this issue is low. Understanding the scumbags want data and blood, their concentration is not on the low end of the population activities...

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

defcon5

buster2010
As long as a person has a state issued ID a voter ID is unnecessary.

That is a very good point and goes to further prove that despite their claims none of this is really about identification. Its about collecting biometrics, and eliminating anything that can be used as an ID that does not contain them.

Granted, collection of an extensive Biometrics data base is the long term goal, Defcon. I still want a person to show up to a voting booth with a photo ID in hand, to prove to those in charge of collecting ballots, who they are. Free for all voting, is not what I want to see.

Des

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I have no problem with old style photo ID's, I just have a problem with the new biometric ID's.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

defcon5
reply to post by Destinyone

I have no problem with old style photo ID's, I just have a problem with the new biometric ID's.

I can see possible new products sold to attempt to get around the facial recognition software. Everything from cosmetic dental inserts to alter facial structure, to specialty colored lenses for eyes. The scam artists will have a field day with promises on products. I do know my DMV is using the new biometrics cameras for DL photos. I asked, and was told my new photo went straight into a federal data bank , per the new requirements for the Real ID Act. Was also told, I'd have to have a new pic taken for my DL in 4 years. No longer have the option for a 10 year DL.

Holder is off his rocker to want to make voting for the law makers of our land, a free for all, with no checks in place for verification of citizenship. When the legal citizens of our Country have to walk through fire to renew an existing DL, he wants to serve up on a silver platter the right to vote to anyone who walks in the door. Shameful use of bully power and authority.

Des

edit on 25-1-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Ultimately the argument over voter ID laws is utterly pointless.

Considering:

www.newsmax.com...

abclocal.go.com...

Which makes Holder look even more like a shill.
edit on 25-1-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I just want to take a quick minute to apologize to everyone in the thread. I shouldn't have let myself become so overly defensive. That said my position still stands.

reply to post by Battleline

The source I have is life. Some are on the streets, nope not all of them can get benefits... some panhandle, collect bottles, busk, do day labor for cash.

reply to post by FissionSurplus

Nope I wasn't nasty or any such thing. I know its a hard job. Some get burnt out. Never saw a need for ID either, that changed pretty quickly after. Everybody doesn't vote, but every US citizen should have the choice even if they don't have an ID.

Factcheck.org
ABC
Slate
Forbes

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Kali74
I just want to take a quick minute to apologize to everyone in the thread. I shouldn't have let myself become so overly defensive. That said my position still stands.

? that anyone physically in the US should be able to walk up to a polling station/booth ... and with no means of identification, whatsoever ...... They Should Be Able To Cast A Vote For A DULY & RIGHTLY Elected Official ????

wow

might as well just live in freebieland then, i guess.

makes not a tinkers damn bit of sense

.... seek/want/require accountability for, of and from Elected Officials ..... but at the same time Require NONE, WHATSOEVER, FROM THOSE ACTUALLY DOING THE VOTING.

color ME stoopid.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

? that anyone physically in the US should be able to walk up to a polling station/booth ... and with no means of identification, whatsoever ...... They Should Be Able To Cast A Vote For A DULY & RIGHTLY Elected Official ????

You know you do have to register before voting. You can't just walk into a polling place and cast a vote. Here in Boston, MA you have to tell an election official, with a cop standing right there, your name and address then they put a check into a box next to your name and hand you a ballot. In every polling place in the US, you have to, in some form, validate that you are a registered voter.

So really Voter ID laws would only stop people impersonating registered voters, which in order to commit such fraud you must know that persons name, address and that the person they are pretending to be won't be voting as well as having to go vote in their victims district.

Now if you want to get into people illegally registering to vote, such as illegal aliens... the law already requires you to show proof of identification the first time you vote. This can be valid State ID, Drivers License, utility bill, paycheck or government document with your name and address on it. When you register to vote your name is checked against the database of US Citizens. So to proceed, you need a citizens name and matching SSN and you must also be living as that person with at the very least utilities in that person's name. So how many laws have been broken before we even get to the voter registration part?

Why can't we focus more on curbing the following?
1) Entering the country illegally
2) Identity theft

Why would any such person barring a total moron risk raising a red flag by registering to vote when the person they are living as may very well already be registered? To take it further why would such a person walk into a building loaded with cops?

The Heritage Foundation put out a spin article about illegal aliens being called to jury duty from voter registration rolls. They use to suggest that these illegals voted or could have voted, but the fact that they were caught because of jury duty actually undermines their argument.

n 2005, the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that up to 3 percent of the 30,000 individuals called for jury duty from voter registration rolls over a two-year period in just one U.S. district court were not U.S. citizens.[1] While that may not seem like many, just 3 percent of registered voters would have been more than enough to provide the winning presidential vote margin in Florida in 2000. Indeed, the Census Bureau estimates that there are over a million illegal aliens in Florida,[2] and the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) has prosecuted more non-citizen voting cases in Florida than in any other state.[3]

I feel dirty using this source

The thing is that every time an illegal alien presents themselves as the person whose identity they stole, in any official capacity... they risk raising that red flag that ends with sir/m'am come with me please. These illegals caught at jury duty after having been pulled from the voter registration database, did not register to vote... their victim did.

Persons registered to vote in more than one State. This is probably the biggest form of voter fraud. And something Voter ID laws do not address in the least because that person is voting as themselves.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join