It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Holder Tells MSNBC: Feds Must Intervene to Stop Voter Photo ID Laws

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I don't think there is a person less the people on the streets and probably not many of them that don't need an ID for one thing or another so the only one without an ID or say's they don't have one you have to wonder why.

Hay Holder why don't we check these people out that can't obtain an ID but can get to the voting pole's and see who they are.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

You called me out for saying toodles to Beezer. I'm saying that's just how we are with each other. I don't know why you took issue with it unless it was just about the fact you didn't like what I was saying. This whole thing has gotten ridiculous. I'm not sure why I engaged you on it but I can't take it back. Oh well.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I have clarified why I think it's wrong.
Many impoverished aren't on any benefits.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Kali74
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

If you can't see that I'm being attacked I don't know what to tell you and I don't know how foreigners gaining citizenship through the military applies to the topic at all...

If you come on and start attacking all the way around, it will come back on you. Such is the "magic" that is ATS.

Actually, my father came from Serbia and gained citizenship by immediately enlisting and serving in the military. This shortcut to citizenship has been around for a long time, and still applies. Some young people go that route, serve honorably, and they get naturalized. Easy Peasy. That's one way to get legal, and it shows these people are loyal to their new home.

This would be a great way for many illegals to not only learn a trade, but to gain citizenship legally....so that they can actually vote in their new country.

So it applies, definitely. There are paths to citizenship.....but when a political party wants a bunch of illegals here, who have no education, no real rights in the workplace, and are paid much less than a citizen, AND wants their votes.....that's just sick. Not just for this country, but for these people who aren't being done any favors. It's BUYING VOTES by allowing them carte blanche to vote for politicians who will continue to enable their illegal status, or give them amnesty for breaking the law.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Thank you for the voice of clarity in a thread that needs it.

What Holder and his ilk want, is against our law and Constitution. It is no more than a way to buy votes, in exchange for policies instated that American legal citizen taxpayers foot the bill for.

If I have to show an ID to buy a glass of wine, even at the ripe old age of 63, I damn well expect voters to have to show ID to vote for the policy makers.

JMOHO...

Des

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

If you come on and start attacking all the way around, it will come back on you. Such is the "magic" that is ATS.

Except I didn't.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

FissionSurplus

Actually, my father came from Serbia and gained citizenship by immediately enlisting and serving in the military. This shortcut to citizenship has been around for a long time, and still applies.

my comment regarding that was in no way a slight nor issue with the manner in which they did, have done so.... it was simply to demonstrate how 'easy' it is/was for sooooo many to do so at the time.

enlist. serve honorably. continue to support and contribute in a positive manner.

what more could anyone ask?

just that it was a surefire way to 'gain' citizenship and all that it entails ..... benefits-wise.

privilege-wise

voting-wise

? you worked/strived to 'defend' this nation, in any way shape or form ....

good deal. all the best.

? you came illegally and sought the same 'benefits'/'privileges'?

sorry ..... sux2bu, imho.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Kali74
reply to post by TDawgRex

You guys can gang up on me all you want. It's not going to change the fact that illegals are the new witch hunt, it's so transparent it's ridiculous. It won't change the fact that voter fraud is a non issue. I have an ID so it won't affect me, I vote third party so I have no skin in this game but in my opinion the voting system works, one of the very few things in our system that actually does work.

And sorry people, but you won't chase me off either.

Not hardly Its an old one, and it's rather been consistent.

Starting with the Chinese Exclusion Act.

And the immigration act of 1924

en.wikipedia.org...

The existing law is almost a century old.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I misunderstood what you were saying before about the military, it sounded to me like you were taking issue with it. Look, it's not that I think illegals shouldn't have to gain citizenship. It's that I highly doubt they are voting, it makes no sense for them to take that chance.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Kali74

Except I didn't.

Sure you didn't.

See how that works?

Shall we play nice now, and stick to the topic? If you do not agree with the vote ID act, it is your right as an individual to hold that opinion. But in no way did you demonstrate effectively that it "disenfranchised" people. Calling names and insulting others for the view point that is also their right to hold is no way to debate.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Kali74

I misunderstood what you were saying before about the military, it sounded to me like you were taking issue with it. Look, it's not that I think illegals shouldn't have to gain citizenship. It's that I highly doubt they are voting, it makes no sense for them to take that chance.
]

Now, you are tape looping Kali. This has been explained to you in so many ways in the previous posts. YOU choose not to see what you don't want to see. As more people attempt to show you , you are wrong, you whine that you are being attacked. Attacking you with truth and logic.

From ONE county in ONE State Kali.....

Los Angeles County officials believe that by the end of 2013 illegal immigrant parents will have received $650 million in welfare benefits for their native-born children, according to a CBS Los Angeles report.

Los Angeles County Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich has revealed the most recent Department of Public Works figures showing that through July $376 million in CalWORKS benefits and food stamps have been paid out to illegal immigrant parents, the CBS affiliate reports.

According to the report, about 100,000 children of 60,000 illegal immigrant parents receive about $54 million in welfare payments a month — $20 million in CalWORKs benefits and $34 million in food stamps — up from $53 million in July 2012.

“When you add the $550 million for public safety and nearly $500 million for healthcare, the total cost for illegal immigrants to county taxpayers exceeds $1.6 billion dollars a year,” CBS Los Angeles quoted Antonovich.

“These costs do not even include the hundreds of millions of dollars spent annually for education,” he added.

Follow Caroline on Twitter
Tags: Food stamps, Los Angeles, Welfare

Read more: dailycaller.com...

Kali, if you think for one minute, all those illegals in that ONE county could get to a voting booth and cast a vote for any politician that tells them *vote for me, I'll give you free money*, that they won't........then you have a LOT to learn about real life.

Get educated when attempting to argue your point in a thread.

Des

edit on 24-1-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

if 'it' wasn't an issue/ If large numbers of 'illegals' weren't actively attempting to vote in national elections, then why would we have legislative initiatives like this being put forth by current serving politicians.

Supreme Court Rules: States Cannot Prevent Illegal Aliens from Voting in U.S. Elections

it IS an issue and 'it' DOES need dealt with.

we're not talking a mere few thousand or so here....

it may be lesser an 'issue' in the northern states, but here in texas, the southern border states, it's most definitely a cause for concern ...

just sayin' ...

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Sorry, on ATS Radio, www.semperfortis.us... chime in here if you want to chat

(don't mean to derail)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Maybe you shouldn't attack first?
lol

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

For their native born children.
I don't see how this allows them to vote.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Kali74

Maybe you shouldn't attack first?
lol

Um, if you wish to rewrite history, go for it. I challenged your opinion. But when you outright called me a liar, it was on.

Again, I reiterate, shall we play nice now and stick to the topic?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Kali74

For their native born children.
I don't see how this allows them to vote.

Excuse me. I guess you forgot the topic of this thread you are avidly posting in.

Holder wants to make it so that they can vote, with no way to check and stop them from voting. DUH....

Des

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

The same reason the GOP wants to do away with early voting. So it's harder and harder for the poor and working poor to vote.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Stopping Voter ID laws does not equal wanting to allow illegals to vote.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Kali74

The same reason the GOP wants to do away with early voting. So it's harder and harder for the poor and working poor to vote.

I'm poor. Real poor. I haven't missed my Constitutional right to vote since I started voting at the age of 21. I'm 63 now.

What does being poor have to do with Holder breaking the law? Please educate me.

Des

edit on 24-1-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join