It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin - Russia Must 'Cleanse' Itself of Homosexuality

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Christian Voice
Same tired argument. Animals are not homosexual, it is a dominance thing.

Same tired off topic argument from you. And wrong. This isn't 'dominance'. You made that up.
It's animals getting off on other animals of the same sex because they want to.
List of Animals that Display Homosexual Behavior).

And again .. you are off topic.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by FlyersFan

Same tired argument. Animals are not homosexual, it is a dominance thing. Again, why do you compare homosexuals to primal lower animals ? Some animals eat their young, guess people are free to do so then. Some animals piss and even defecate on everything to mark their territory, guess people are fine to do so as well.
Give me a break

You were given several links to scientific studies in a previous thread relating to homosexuality in the animal kingdom, you chose not to comment to this evidence.

"Lower Animals" did your god not create all animals of the land and if so could he possibly make the mistake having homosexuality in the animal kingdom.

"Some animals piss to mark their territory" humans do the same thing, it's called a "fence".

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Nope you give animals entirely too much credit. Sad.

link   

link   

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by flammadraco

Really ? Piss and a fence are the same ? Weird, remind me to never come to your house. Your links were obviously biased and quite stupid to insinuate that lower animals experience sexual desire. You add too many human qualities to animals. Again what does that have to do with humans ? You think homosexuality is "natural" because animals have been shown to dominate other animals by humping them ? Ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

FlyersFan
It's to discuss Putins words that he wants to 'cleanse Russia of homosexuals so the birth rate can increase'.

Good to keep the topic on point. Some people inject a lot of other issues and water a topic down to craziness.

I would suggest you consider that Putin's words are being translated, and often during that process a bias is introduced depending on who does the translation. Further, Russian culture speaks differently and 'stronger' language is generally used compared to American cultural norms (if there is such a thing).
Example: An American says "# your mother!" and you start swinging wildly to beat him up and teach him some manners.
A Russian says "# your mother!" and he's simply upset about something that happened and venting to you.

The 'Spin' in these stories nowadays is terrible and you need to be careful before running off and calling the president of a rather large country all sorts of derogatory things.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Well Putin may want to "cleanse" Russia of gays, but he is going to have a tough time doing it.

I have been there many times and you sure want to be careful when the "straight" Russian guys
get a little vodka in them after they invite you to the Sauna.

(post by Christian Voice removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Christian Voice

Really ? Piss and a fence are the same ? Weird, remind me to never come to your house. Your links were obviously biased and quite stupid to insinuate that lower animals experience sexual desire. You add too many human qualities to animals. Again what does that have to do with humans ? You think homosexuality is "natural" because animals have been shown to dominate other animals by humping them ? Ridiculous.

Really, you think being gay is abnormal because you read it in a 2000 year old book written by man?

And yes a fence to mark our terrority and boundaries with our neighbours, animals are not that good at building fences so they mark their territory by pissing.

As you believe your relgion word for word, tell me where the dinosaurs are in your 2000 year old book. We know they existed but no reference in the bible about Adam and Eve running away from a t-Rex.

Your god did not create the earth or the animals on it, our sun and solar system is 4.5 billion years old and it's a proven fact that the earth was created by a dust cloud around the sun at its formation, over a course of millions of years but your bible says god did everything in seven days. All lies and thus your relgion is based on a fairytale to install law and order to a civilisation a long time ago. It was used then to control the masses but thank god (pun intended) relgion is loosing its hold on the modern world in most countries.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Prove God did not make everything. YOU CANNOT! No more than I can prove he did. Seriously, take your hatred somewhere else. I will gladly continue the original topic but will not continue this road.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

SubSea
I have been there many times and you sure want to be careful when the "straight" Russian guys
get a little vodka in them after they invite you to the Sauna.

Ha Ha! You've been beaten with branches in a Banya by your new best friend I see!!! Actually those are the places a large amount of prostitution takes place at (commercial ones of course). I never felt at risk myself in the Sauna and I'm not one to get naked with my bro's either. Culture difference for sure!

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Okay ENOUGH

From here on any posts not about the topic

Putin - Russia Must 'Cleanse' Itself of Homosexuality

WILL be removed and the Member possibly warned

Thank you

Semper

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

FlyersFan
SIDE NOTE .... Lets try to stay on topic - PUTINs comments.

Any chance we can get a transcript of everything else he said before and after this cherry-picked sentence? Its kind of hard to limit our responses to his comments when all we have is some reporters obviously biased analysis of his comments to go on.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Oops sent my response before I saw your post

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Here is an interesting part to this
"Putin refused to answer a question from the BBC on whether he believes that people are born gay or become gay. The Russian law, however, suggests information about homosexuality can influence a child's sexual orientation."
america.aljazeera.com...

This speaks loads to why he is taking this stance.

I'm wondering why this is such a big deal though. I mean with such a small percentage of the population that is homosexual I don't get the outrage. Some seem to be under the impression that there will be a large amount of the homosexual population there and that they will be in danger. I'm confused, did I miss where the Olympics are primarily gay in attendance as well as participants ?

edit on 19-1-2014 by Christian Voice because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join