It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin - Russia Must 'Cleanse' Itself of Homosexuality

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

FlyersFan
1 - YES, Russia can run itself anyway it wants. It's their country ... so their rules.

That being said ....
2 - "Cleanse' out the homosexuals? Shades of Nazi germany.

3 - Even if he were to magically get every homosexual man and woman to stop having same sex relations, that doesn't mean they'd go out and start having relations with people of the opposite sex. THEY DO NOT WANT TO. It doesn't work that way.

4 - You can't turn someone gay by talking about homosexuality. It's not 'catchy' or anything.

How can you jump to these conclusions without any context?
Cleansing Russia of homosexuals could mean lots of things. He could be talking about killing all the homosexuals, he could be talking about converting them, or he could be talking about prenatal treatment. So which is it, and how do you know?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I agree 'Cleanse' is a very ominous choice of word and throws shade to ethnic cleansing.

Also agree homosexuals have no bearing on population growth.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

It cannot have anything to do with ethnic cleansing due to not being an ethnicity but rather a choice. I think perhaps Mr. Putin was referring to something much less sinister than murder.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Maybe they should start a gay for straight exchange program then with America.

Seriously though I get that people feel the way they feel about things. Russia is his country and if he feels that way and apparently a huge majority do to, then instead of taking the Hitler route they should create a program that helps get them out of there and into a country that welcomes them.

I am curious though why so much hate for the leave the kids alone statement?

Here in America straight people are not allowed to talk to kids about sex, because they are freaking kids. Teachers will be suspended and perhaps investigated if they talk to your child about sex unless its specifically sex ed.

So why is everyone up in arms? Kids do not need to talk about sex with any adults other than the birds and bees with one of their parents or perhaps a doctor. If an adult talks to my kids about sex gay or straight we are going to have a very big problem. I see nothing wrong with this at all, nothing.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

brandiwine14

that's a different thread .... but I'll respond to say that the implication is that Putin can't tell the difference between homosexuals and pedophiles. Those are two different sexual orientations. He thinks homosexuals are running around recruiting children to be gay or something. It doesn't work like that.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by Annee

It cannot have anything to do with ethnic cleansing due to not being an ethnicity but rather a choice. I think perhaps Mr. Putin was referring to something much less sinister than murder.

Why do you keep insisting that homosexuality is a choice? Having sex with a man is a choice. Being sexually attracted to that man in the first place is not a choice. Can you not see the difference?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Already had this discussion. Beat it to death. Yes it is a choice, and you are derailing the thread .

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

FlyersFan

brandiwine14

that's a different thread .... but I'll respond to say that the implication is that Putin can't tell the difference between homosexuals and pedophiles.

That's just plain ridiculous. I still don't understand how you and the author of the article came to that conclusion based on Russia's law that basically says "Keep your 'gay is okay' campaign out of the view of children".

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Umm, actually it is a well known fact that they try and recruit others into their lifestyle. That is why they have their parades and pass out cards and flyers with gay websites and progay websites on them. Go to Spencers at any given time and see all of the gay recruitment paraphanalia.

Because homosexuals can't reproduce naturally, they resort to recruiting children. Homosexuals can be heard chanting "TEN PERCENT IS NOT ENOUGH, RECRUIT, RECRUIT, RECRUIT" in their homosexual parades. A group called the "Lesbian Avengers" prides itself on trying to recruit young girls. They print "WE RECRUIT" on their literature. Some other homosexuals aren't as overt about this, but rather try to infiltrate society and get into positions where they will have access to the malleable minds of young children (e.g., the clergy, teachers, Boy Scout leaders, etc.) (8). See the DC Lesbian Avengers web page, and DC Lesbian Avengers Press Release, where they threaten to recruit little boys and girls. Also, see AFA Action Alert.
www.freerepublic.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Christian Voice
Already had this discussion. Beat it to death. Yes it is a choice, and you are derailing the thread .

Already had this discussion. Beat it to death. NO it's not a choice. It's a sexual orientation.

Go back and read the educational material that is posted.
And then read this - Prenatal hormones and sexual orientation

As to Putin wanting to 'cleanse' homosexuality from the population ...
Sexual Orientation

According to the American Psychological Association and the Royal College of Psychiatrists' Gay and Lesbian Mental Health Special Interest Group, there is no sound scientific evidence that sexual orientation can be changed.

(post by knoxie removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Christian Voice
Umm, actually it is a well known fact that they try and recruit others into their lifestyle. That is why they have their parades and pass out cards and flyers with gay websites and progay websites on them.

Umm, actually it is a well known fact that a person can't be 'recruited' to have a sexual orientation. The reason they have their parades and have gay websites is because they want homosexual people to understand that they aren't 'bad' and they aren't 'damned' and they aren't 'godless heathens' and that they aren't alone simply because they were born homosexual. It's got absolutely nothing to do with 'recruiting' ... that's impossible. It's got to do with people feeling safe enough to 'come out' if they are homosexual.

They may recruit homosexuals to join a group.
But they can't recruit straight people to be gay.
It doesn't work that way.

edit on 1/19/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

That's a discussion for a different thread. This one isn't talking about that so I won't address it.
It would be off topic and I don't feel like getting a warning.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
GOOD FOR PUTIN !!!! he is doing the right thing unlike this Godless unmoral country.

and if I could leave this country and have my kids elsewhere I could and will.

So sick of this country WILL NOT RETIRE HERE (am 23 btw)... anyways back on topic...

He is right that the media can influence people. Hasn't that already been proven true ?
I don't see anything new here....

We were put on this earth to multiply. Just like in the laws of the universe as it were created,

LIKE PARTICLES REPEL, OPPOSITES ATTRACT.

It is that simple.

Noone is born gay. Sexuality and what you like isn't within your genes. You are taught it.
A child did not come into this world with hate until he was taught it.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Touchy subject.

I will offend if I posted my honest opinion. It's not acceptable to do that. Need to go with the flow and if they say gay is ok then I suppose it is. They're the boss. They make the rules. Must keep opinions to myself.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

joshuaislord
Noone is born gay. Sexuality and what you like isn't within your genes.

Um ... no.
Sexual Orientation Prenatal hormones and sexual orientation

And since people are born that way .... there is no way to 'cleanse' a nation of homosexuals
unless he intends to kill off people who engage in homosexuality.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by knoxie

But I Love you

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Nope, no one is born that way so he is just trying to help them make better choices.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

FlyersFan

joshuaislord
Noone is born gay. Sexuality and what you like isn't within your genes.

Um ... no.
Sexual Orientation Prenatal hormones and sexual orientation

And since people are born that way .... there is no way to 'cleanse' a nation of homosexuals
unless he intends to kill off people who engage in homosexuality.

Or the less sinister and more realistic option that I have stated numerous times now... treat them prenatally.

(post by knoxie removed for a manners violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join