It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Had a Mythical Beast Encounter?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

as soon as i buy batteries!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by catiepiller

What about macaw feathers for a comparison? I'm not doubting you saw something that day that couldn't be explained, but some macaws have brightly coloured feathers and can get pretty large. They also have a pretty nasty screech.

In Australia we have a small parrot called the Rainbow Lorikeet which has multi-hued feathers. We quite often find them out in the yard where they gather in trees, but obviously they are only small, about as big as a forearm, and only exist here in the wild.

It almost sounds like a phoenix or a Thunderbird is what you saw, I would also like to see the feathers too, even just to compare to others I have seen over the years.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by therainmaker

i've lived in central ma my whole life and had many *strange* experiences. this one baffles me since i have never heard of anything like it. about ten years ago a friend lived near the blackstone river and we walked a lot of trails in the area. we had explored king phillip's rock and decided to sit and rest beside the river at rice city pond. the pond itself is full of vegetation but the blackstone cuts through beside the banking we sat on. the channel was murky (the blackstone after all) and about 60-70 feet across. as we sat watching for birds, out of the corner of my eye i noticed a ripple coming up river and against the current. it was as wide as the channel and a perfect semi-circle. keeping my eyes on this ripple, i reached out and tapped my friend on the arm while whispering "look!". i startled him and he loudly said "HUH?". at this point the ripple was only about 5 feet downstream. the creature underwater looked up at me. this sounds crazy but it looked to me like the killer from the movie scream!
then it dove down further into the water and was gone, ripple and all. we have very large snapping turtles in the area but not THAT large. i've seen then swimming under the surface and they make a V shaped ripple. if it was a school of fish, i would have seen lots of small ripples, not one so perfectly rounded. not even a school of carp (i've seen some that were frightenly huge) could make that ripple! bizzaro! sadly, my friend did not see it and so i have no one to back up my story. i will never forget that thing looking up at me.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I havent seen anything myself ,but years ago when we had a farm, the farm next door to us i was told by someone whose father knew the owners well, had a waterhole called the Hell Hole ,dogs would not go near it, or swim in it ,and were scared of it ,had always wanted to see it, but never got to find out exactly where it was ,maybe a Bunyip lived in it .A friend i had who was religious got fed up with his wife using religion to dominate him and manipulate him, so moved out ,and in with four young people, one having a three year daughter ,they were all 'smokers' and he said at night there was something huge and heavy that walked across the roof at night ,the 3 year old daughter called it the monster and it would come and play with her private parts at night .A fellow i knew living with his friends [smokers to] said to me every morning the stereo would turn itself on,and one morning he said he woke up and their was a werewolf walking around the house .The other thing i had read about was that how witchdoctors in Africa could create Transfigurations by making animals like Hyenas ,lions ,appear to be other animals or people or vice versa to observers .Which i believe are demonic manifestations ,much the same as alot of weird animal sightings,mothman ,etc ,i believe drugs and excesses of alcohol ''attract ''them .When i used to drink alot i could feel and sense their presence a lot more ,on the road i drive on the way to work each night ,which is dark, bush and swamp i have bad feeling and anxiety ,like ''something '' menacing is there ,or something bad happened there .

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

It wasn't a macaw. I had one, general, in my living room growing up. the largest is about the size of general's whole body & the smallest is about the size of his tail feather, they're close to the same feel as his but the coloring is off. I've grown up my whole life with birds, chickens, parrots, quail, geese, ducks, call ducks, wood ducks, falcons, etc. all my life & I know what their feathers look like. The down looks like it could be from some sort of pigeon, but it wasn't a pigeon. The other weird thing was my game traps were ripped open & torn apart, that added to my scare factor. I think a coyote did it, but I guess it could be Mrs. Terrifying bird thingy or her kiddos. I haven't gone back there alone in 3 years.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

edit on 15-2-2014 by catiepiller because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
From my OP...

"There was a creature that used to run past my window when I was around the age of 10 years old. My bedroom was on one end of the house, and my parents bedroom was on the other end, with my sister's room in between the two.

During the winter of 1967 (?) a creature of some type would start running at the other end of the house (at my parents bedroom), and run past the three bedrooms, all next to each other.
When it reached my window at the end of the house, it sounded like it took flight with very large wings; I could hear them flapping as it went airborne.
As it ran it sounded like horse hooves, but only with two legs, which was very loud! (I never could figure out why my parents and sister were never awakened by it.)

The sound it made when it screamed (if this was it) was unlike anything the old-timers in the area had ever heard!
They had heard panthers, bobcats, etc. all their lives, and they said this was not a cat, or anything they had ever heard! To me it sounded exactly like a pteranodon, like the squeal they give it in the movies!

But, after researching every creature I could find, I came to the conclusion the description fit The New Jersey Devil better than anything else. The NJD has two hoofs that would sound like horse hoofs, and wings to take flight.

That winter when it snowed, there were prints in the snow that would have matched the upper legs of the creature; three long '"fingers" in the front, and a lone one in the back. Very similar to a very large chicken print."
reply to post by sled735

I was watching the latest show from Monsters and Mysteries in America last night that I recorded. This episode was about flying creatures. They had one segment with sightings the New Jersey Devil.
The sound this creature made sounded exactly like what I heard in the woods, except louder!!

I tried to find the video to post here, but so far, no luck. I will post it, if they ever put it up on Y/T.

Wow! That brought back some frightening memories!!

ETA: They do have a short clip up from the link in my OP, if anyone wants to see it. It's the one entitled, Jersey Devil.
america.discovery.com...

edit on 2/15/2014 by sled735 because: add link

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Can't wait for you to get some pics up. I have tons of exp with bird ID, and would love to see of there is a common explanation or if you have run across some cryptid (sounds plausible in this case).

Thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wombatta

Any idea of a more solid location for the 'hell hole' location? As a fellow Aussie, this is one very interesting, old yet strange Island. ever heard of the "doolagi"?; as the aboriginals call them the keepers of the "sacred places"

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AllInMyHead

Well, thats really interesting. In your first experience, it sounds like a stealthed cloaked giant hybrid. A fairly well known genetic hybrid, generally used by the western military's for recon and such. At that height, if it were a full blown giant, then that would put it at a pre juvenile age, due to the fact the full grown adults are known to reach heights of 24 foot.

As for the flying snakes, once again a species generally attributed to the genetic/ hybrid programs.
Both are fairly harmless, unless attacked outright, as the diets of both would generally be that like a fruit bat and herbivoure.

There is one place on the planet where both can be seen in there natural habitate. the Solomon islands
do a web search for the book titled, 'the solomon island mysteries', or go to the website, 'www.nexusmagazine.com'
The man who wrote the book has written it quite factually, as everyone i've spoken to from the pacific island regions, can confirm it. Trying to get into the Solomon Islands is another task. As the Australian Government have locked down the place, and entry is heavily restricted. Also, the author use to have a website, but it was commandeered by a rogue christian site nearly 9 years ago

On another note, another species is said to exist there, as the Japanese War Memorial for WW2, is a 14 foot high reptillian with a laser type weapon being held in its tail
serious

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Really enjoying all the posts, s & f for you ! As for the comment it being aliens, i would have to disagree with you on that.
You're absolutely correct about animal/human genetic hybridisation, as its a very strong endeavor by the western militaries and their corporate counterparts, as well as the intelligence agencies attached to them.

Several militaries and co, have for quite some time the capacity to cloak or make invisible recon assests. Whilst various sciences are just now starting to claim to be able to create the 'cloak of harry potter', i believe its just misinformation to give the public the false sense that technology isn't beyond their comphrension. Especially since 80% of the population is now able to pretty well much narrate what they have seen, heard etc at the touch of a finger
, and all these experiences from the past 30 -40 years become easier to narrate, as well as to much larger audience.

Something to also express to all the people contributing here.There generally isn't anything to fear except fear itself. Although, if faced with malevance, there is a easily made device that helps disipitate the encouragement and visitation of such 'oriented' species. They're called "power pyramids", or "holy, holy hand grenades". A simple web search should provide you with simple instructions to build them. Also, known to have assisted children in ridding disruptive and disturbing visitations

Whilst i've had numerous experiences from early child hood through to recent years, i've a little knowledge and a kind considerate approach can make all the difference. peace all.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by M3RCSENTINAL

Warwick ,Queensland

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by wombatta

yep, i know where you. I use to go out to Lake Moogerah as a child, but back to that area. hmmm, there's a whole line of unexplained, perfectly circular holes all around that area, particularly up and down the 'range'. been rumored there's facility's under the range, more credence to the fact that entire east coast is just a series of volcanic cores, basins and cave systems. Particularly, with all the yowie activity, it only goes to prove the point. cheers fella

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Please don't think I doubt your story for a second. Having seen things that shouldn't be there myself I know full well there are things we haven't seen or discovered that are potentially real, including very large birds.

On the property I lived where I saw the big cat we also watched a Wedge-Tailed Eagle through binoculars at the top of our property. It spread it's wings at one stage and the span was over a pole on the fence to each side, close on two metres apart. This gave it a wingspan close to four metres.

I have a keen interest in birds and ornithology and have raised and bred many different species over the years. It would be cool to see what could potentially be a bird cryptid as there so little physical evidence on the subject.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I've seen something strange once. My husband and I were sitting in our jacuzzi a tad bit after dusk about 8 summers ago. We were facing towards the back of our house which would be south. I live in a suburb of Los Angeles so it's not like I'm in the country or the foothills of Altadena just a mile up the road.

Anyway, we were sitting there relaxing and talking about how good it was to finally spend some quiet time together. As we were talking, we were both looking up at the sky and admiring the many stars we could see, when all of a sudden we both focused on the top of a tree which is about 30 plus feet tall (I'm no good with eyeballing distances) and is located on the curbside of my next door neighbors house. It took all of 10 seconds to realize that we were being watched by something that appeared to be 8 feet tall, black with what appeared to be huge wings pulled into its side with glowing red eyes. Just like birds do, it flew or jumped to the next closest tree which seemed to be about 40 feet away. We saw it jump to the tree but then it just seemed to vanish making no noise or anymore movements.

We both looked at each other at the same time right after that. Our eyes were all bugged out, mouths open to the floor and I think we both gasped for air. I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want him to think I was any crazier than he already did at the time (after that event, he's changed his mind about a lot of stuff). But, he's the one that first said "Please tell me you just saw that?" I said "yes, I saw it". We got out of the jacuzzi immediately and ran into the house completely speechless and terrified. We both remember feeling stuck like we couldn't move while looking at this thing. Maybe we were in shock.

The following few days, we would find animals halved in our back yard as if they had been partially eaten and dropped. Definitely wasn't dropped by the local coyotes as I had a huge 145 lb., Rottie in the back yard all the time, who by the way barked relentlessly for the next few nights. He never raised that much hell in all the years we've lived here. Now, it could have been owls that were dropping the uneaten opossums and such, but I'm not sure. All the strange activity stopped within a few days though.

I don't know what it was, but shortly after that I rented "The Mothman Prophecies", movie on DVD and it seemed to be the same thing described in that movie.

I've never seen it since.

ETA
By the way, it was most certainly not an owl or a bat. Waaayyyy too big and tall.
edit on 2/15/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

WOW! Scary! I am more afraid of live monsters than I am of ghosts!

Have you watched any of the shows in the link in my OP? There are several there that have flying creatures that people have seen.
Some of the weirdest things I've ever seen!

No telling what that thing was!!

Thanks for sharing your experience!

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I just recently, a few days ago I watched the Mysteries and Monsters of America or something to that nature. 95% of those creatures I had never heard of before.

Great thread :up

ETA
I'm not the least bit afraid of ghosts or whatever they are. IMO, they're nothing to fear even the bad ones that people speak of. I say this because my experience with whatever entity I encountered was seconds quick and kind of like a "Oooops, you saw me"' type of thing. Then it just left. In all honesty, I don't even think it was a ghost. I think a portal opened up in my house and this thing popped through all translucent like with a human shaped face and we looked at each other incredibly surprised and it just left. It happened a few hours later and the same thing occurred....it just disappeared!

IMO, you just don't give the entity domain over your house. Kind of like "Beat It", or "You gotta get the hell outta here...now" and sincerely mean it.

Just my opinion and experience however. These entities or ghosts are everywhere I think.
edit on 2/15/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

That video I did not watch. But the initial post with vid shows a huge thing with an incredible wingspan!!!

That's just like what my husband and I saw only it was black and much thicker.

Wow

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Wow 😱 I just saw the video and parts of it were very similar. I didn't see teeth though or a mouth. i think my perception of the color black was possibly the distance...i don't know. It was definitely unlike anything Ive ever seen around here and I live blocks from an area called Eaton Canyon.

What I do know is that night my husband and I saw a huge black winged creature on top a tree that was starring at us and we went inside our house after it silently flew away.

The eyes we could definitely see were glowing red...the rest seemed to be a mass of muscle, enormous wings and a huge shoulder ratio that was enormous in size to any animal, let alone a human being. We went inside and have only one other person who happens to be form Visalia, Ca., that's seen some weird things too that we told about a month later.

Until now
edit on 2/16/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

ThePublicEnemyNo1
reply to post by sled735

That video I did not watch. But the initial post with vid shows a huge thing with an incredible wingspan!!!

That's just like what my husband and I saw only it was black and much thicker.

Wow

I watched one last night that had a creature called Batsquatch. (It was on the same show with the Jersey Devil.) It looked like a big foot with wings. Does that sound like what you saw?

I don't see this show listed on the source site. Maybe they'll put it up soon, since it has aired now.

You can pay $1.99 on You Tube for the movie showing all three monsters I watched last night, if you wish. Type in "batsquatch".

I'd really like to know if any of these creatures look like what you saw, if you ever come across anything that resembles it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join