It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Had a Mythical Beast Encounter?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Onyxzyv

Dinosaur prints?! WOW!

That must have been terrifying thinking something like that was tracking you! Glad you got away safely!

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Kissyface

Gremlins... WOW! That IS really weird!

I can't say that I've heard anything like this!
I'm surprised they didn't get cut to pieces with the radiator fan, or caught in the belts or something! But they do love to dismantle machinery so... possibly!!!

FREAKY!!!!

Sorry for the damage to your car; better it than you, right?!!

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Guess I'll share my "hell hound" experience.

The year would have been 1997 I believe. I was 17 years old and living on my own in a rented house with a room mate. I'm pretty sure the house was haunted, and experienced all kinds of weird things there. I would often hear people talking when I was the only one home, or I'd be sleeping and hear someone walking around in the kitchen and living room and think my room mate had returned from work only to get up and find that no one was there. I also experienced poltergeist activity in that house, and once saw an ashtray fly across the room and hit the wall on the opposite side of the room on it's own. Many of my friends felt a bad energy in the house, and I myself felt it the first time I ever set foot in it.

Long story short, one night I went to sleep fairly early as I had to be up in the morning for work. I remember having a dream about going to college (it was a very vivid dream and I still remember it), and then I started waking up. I opened my eyes and could see my room around me (it was dark, no idea what time it was) and standing over top of me was what I can only describe as a "hell hound". It looked like a rottweiler but without any skin/fur. I could see it's muscles and veins, etc. It had wild, bulging bloodshot eyes and it's teeth were stained with blood. It was straddling me and staring directly at me. I was immediately paralyzed with fear, and squeezed my eyes shut. I tried not to panic and told myself I was perhaps still dreaming. I opened one eye again and it was still there. I shut my eyes again and told myself that if I could just fall back asleep, it would be gone when I woke up.

I laid there for what seemed like hours, with my eyes closed tight until I eventually fell asleep from exhaustion. I remember the next morning as I started to wake up, because the first thought that entered my mind before I opened my eyes was "It will still be there!". I opened my eyes and all was normal, and the sun was just coming up and casting rays through the window above my bed.

Now this was a fairly unnerving experience, but I chalked it up to a dream within a dream, and decided I would make no mention of it to anyone. About 6 months later, I moved out of the house, and hadn't really thought much more about the experience at that point. A friend of mine moved into the house when I left, and she took my old room.

This is where it gets weird. One evening I was over at the house visiting my friend (the one who had moved into my old room), and we were having a couple of drinks when she mentioned that she had the scariest dream the evening before. She went on to describe a dream where she felt like she woke up and there was a dog standing in her room in the corner. Of course I was immediately spooked, but said nothing about my own experience and only asked her to describe the dog she had seen by saying "what did it look like?"

She proceeded to describe the EXACT same thing I had seen, word for word, right down to the missing skin, the eyes, and that it looked like a rottweiler. Pretty weird. I told her I had experienced the same thing. She believed me as she had experienced some weird things in that house as well.

I used to sort of laugh about it years later when I would drive by the house and see a "beware of dog" sign in the living room window (my friends had long since moved out).

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

sled735

Gremlins... WOW! That IS really weird!

I can't say that I've heard anything like this!
I'm surprised they didn't get cut to pieces with the radiator fan, or caught in the belts or something! But they do love to dismantle machinery so... possibly!!!

FREAKY!!!!

Sorry for the damage to your car; better it than you, right?!!

It was the only logical thing that would do all that damage to a MOVING car....sooooo strange. Gremlins must be inter-dimensional beings to not get chewed up by moving motor parts.

The mechanic who told me about the chewed up parts with animal teeth marks in them KNEW my car. I drive an older car so he has seen all of my car many times but according to him this one beat the cake. He and my uncle said that the parts that were chewed on by the animal shouldn't have failed because they were newer parts that had been put on last summer. Lower intakes usually stay good for more than a year after being replaced.

If Gremlins are inter-dimensional, then maybe bigfoot, loch ness monster and other unknown creatures are too..

The wierdest part though is while I was standing near my dresser (today) in my bedroom (kind of close to closet) I distinctly smelled dog poop. Not people poop or wild animal poop, but dog poop---it smelled like the kind that ate dry food...

Maybe that stretch of road is haunted by a run over dog??? Maybe my car came by at the right time like a anniversary of it's death? That might explain the chewed up wires..the spirit didn't know it was dead and had such strong feelings remembering/re-living its death that it chewed through some real materials because tghe strong emotions of fear caused it to re-materialize?????

Just a wierd thought? Do I need a priest to exorcize the dog from my house if it is a dog even...maybe gremlins smell like dog poop? When should I be start being afraid?

edit on 8-2-2014 by Kissyface because: mispelled

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

This place sounds like one for the t.v. shows!! The Haunted show would be very interested, I'm sure!

Hell Hounds! (Shivers!) Wow! That is so freaky! I'm glad you and your friend both moved out without it following you.
There is definitely demonic activity taking place there!

Thanks for sharing that!

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

If activity picks up, then yes, get a priest to come in right away!
If things don't get any worse than smelling dog poop, you should be okay.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

It was a pretty creepy house. The basement was really weird too. In my buddies room (the guy I lived with before I moved out), there was this little wooden door that looked sort of like a small closet. But when you opened it there were stairs to the basement, and in the basement there was just dirt. You couldn't see the foundation or whatever, just lots and lots of dirt/soil. Really weird.

I don't think the house is standing anymore (pretty sure it was torn down a few years ago). I heard all sorts of rumors about it. I heard at one point it was a whore house, a drug house, etc. Supposedly someone shot themselves in the face in my room, but I was never able to confirm that.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
HI i'm new to this site but the reason i joined this site is because i have encountered mythical beasts my entire life, not to mention i have been a psychic for the past 4 years i been predicting random events.but back to the subject at hand the summer of 2010 when i was 18 i was living with a friend in a little shack like shed.We were both broke but still living the life by partying and having fun like teenagers.

One day i'd say in mid June i was with 4 of my friends including my roommate we were just about to start boozing and doing drugs.When we looked up at the sky from my mini deck because i spotted a UFO in the air.It was metallic sliver color and was a circular disc shape. it was swaying back and forth in a u shape direction roughly 6 times before flying aprox. light speed into nowhere it moved faster than i have ever seen, but that's nothing to what i encountered after this incident.

Approx a week after the UFO encounter i was sitting in my living room watching T.V. with my friend when all of a sudden my roommate's face turned into a lizard like reptilian. it was scaly and green his eyes were yellow and vertical pupil not to mention his tongue was a pitchfork shape.This # was not cool not by a long shot i was #ting my pants not literally but i had to turn my head away for 10 seconds counting in my head then i looked back he turn back to normal.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST maybe a couple days after seeing the roommate turning into a reptilian like creature. I was riding my bike down the street to head to my friends house when i see this woman mid 20's walk out of a house driveway. then she stood still on the sidewalk waiting for some strange reason it was like 3 in the morning. when i approached her i turned to look at her the bitch #ing hissed at me and showed a evil look with fangs and everything.This bitch was a #ing vampire a #ing vampire i pedal as fast as i could while looking back she disappeared.

Now i know what every one thinks when i tell my story you were on some crazy drugs or plain and simple your crazy.Actually i'm not crazy i'm a spiritual kind of person.I hear ghosts sometimes,I experienced a hell dog growl at me from my closets one time it made my ass jump out of bed before you could say peace out, and i seen a gargoyle like ogre face at 3 in the morning while researching the Illuminati # freaked me out. sorry for rambling i had a pretty #ed up life running into these creatures just thought to share people my story and what i truly believe in now.Demons,Vampires,Reptilians,Ghosts/Spirits,UFO Aliens they are all real!!!!!

I forgot to mention after the first 3 incidents occurred my roommate changed big time into a violent person i had to move out and thank god i did because my friend moved in and not even 2 weeks later they get into a agruement while my friends in bed over rent which he was going to pay the next day my old roommate smashed my friend in the head with a hammer twice.That could of been me but my friend walked literally 10 blocks with a fracture skull up my stairs just so i could call a ambulance i'm pretty sure this had something to do with him having a reptilian soul.this might not be related but i have been having the number 32 33 and 66 or 333 666 follow me for years now aswell.
edit on 9-2-2014 by blazer24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

i think i have heard this "hell dog" as well, but it growled at me soo loud i couldnt move at first but then i ran out of bed so quick.It sounded like it was 6 feet tall(it was in my closet). good thing i didnt see it like you i would of been petrified.

edit on 9-2-2014 by blazer24 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2014 by blazer24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by blazer24

Holy Hound Dog!!!

Wow! What a terrible experience that must have been, seeing your roommate turn into a Reptilian!!
You aren't the first one to have mentioned this happening. I have a few others on my paranormal thread making those claims too.

This backs up the claim that we have alien hybrids walking among us! Wonder what sets them off to make their reptilian side show through like that?

That's bad about the other guy getting hit in the head. I'm glad he didn't kill him!!

I would love you to swing by my paranormal thread and share some of your ghostly encounters. Just click on my signature. I have over 200 pages of like-minded people sharing their experiences there. You won't be ridiculed.

Welcome to ATS, and thanks for sharing here!

edit on 2/10/2014 by sled735 because: dyslexia!

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Okay, I don't know if these count as "mythical beasts" but they are definitely freaky. At least to me. I have had two experiences once when I was a child and once when I was an adult.

The first "encounter" I had occurred when I was around 6-7 years old (1972-73) in Mission, TX (on the Mexican border). My parents were having a house built but it was going to take a while so we moved into a mobile home. The mobile home was in a brand new park and was huge, about 40 or 50 acres. Since the park was new there were only 3-5 homes in the park, very sparse, surrounded by citrus orchards.

It was very early in the morning, sun was not even up yet, but I was wide awake laying in my bed. I kept hearing scratches on the side of the trailer and figured that it was either dogs or coyotes (which we would see occasionally). I stood up on my bed and looked out the window but couldn't really see anything. I probably stood there for 3 or 4 minutes hoping to catch a glimpse of a coyote. I don't know what made me turn my head but I turned and looked at my Mom's car in the driveway and next to it was a huge "man"…actually not even a man but an OUTLINE of a man. The outline was sort of silvery. The closest thing I have ever seen to it on TV was in the move Predator (which came out MANY years later). Not exactly like that but very similar. The outline was almost like someone in a large spacesuit..big and bulky but totally transparent and strangely iridescent (but not bright, just barely). Strangely enough I wasn't scared. We both remained there looking at each other for about a minute then "he" just sort of wandered off slowly. Looking back, comparing him to the car he was standing next to, I would estimate him to be about 6-7 feet tall and maybe about 4 feet wide at the shoulders"

I got out of bed and my mom had just woken up and was coming down the hall. And she said something about having to go to work and she would see me that evening. And I said "NO don't go outside! The big man will get you!" Which of course totally freaked her out. She looked out the windows and didn't see anything. Then she asked me what I saw..I described what I saw as best I could at the time and I said there was a big man outside, like a gorilla, only you could see through him" At that point my Mom assumed I had been dreaming. I of course insisted I had not been dreaming, so she just humored me. UNTIL about a week later when an article appeared in the local paper about someone who had reported seeing the EXACT same thing, they made the lady who reported out to be some "wacko". My mom kept that article for a long time but it eventually got lost. To this day I don't know what it was. I wish I still had it because I wanted to find that lady and tell her that she was definitely not a wacko and that I saw it too. Weirdest thing is that I have always had this feeling that I would see it again one day.

My other story also occurred in Mission, TX, although many years later and in a different part of town. I was probably about 19 or so. The house we lived in had a huge back porch which I converted to my bedroom. Outside my "bedroom" was a big back yard that had a streetlight towards the back, beyond that miles of open brush and farmland. I had stayed up late and gotten into bed and was laying there looking at the light when this snake-like creature flew threw the air and flew around the light several times (like it was catching insects). Totally freaked me out! It was big, maybe 4 feet long and grayish, smooth and maybe about 8 inches around with these weird tear-drop shaped wings, skin-like, not feathers and also gray. The skin didn't look like scales but was smooth like the skin of a catfish. It scared me so bad that I slept in the living room with the lights on for the next several nights and I certainly didn't want to sleep on the back porch anymore!

About two weeks later I saw it again, this time in the middle of the night. The dogs barking woke me up and I opened the front door and looked out, the moon was full so I could see the entire front yard. about 40 yards away was a large cement irrigation pipe and flying around and over it were these two snake-like things. I ran to wake everyone up but by the time I got people up they were gone.
Never saw it again after that.

Okay..so there's ma stories! Hand over my heart that every word I said was true. If anyone has ever experienced anything similar, especially similar to the first story, please let me know, I would love to hear from you.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AllInMyHead

I saw that thing too! The thing that looked like Predator! My sighting was in the woods, but unlike you, I WAS scared! lol
It sounds like this could have been around the same time you had your sighting. I know it was several years before that movie came out.
I think I told about that in this thread already, didn't I?

Now we know of at least three people who have seen this invisible big foot creature, so we're NOT crazy!!

I've never encountered the snake-like creatures. That's wild!!
I've seen a documentary that had flying snakes on it, but not any with wings. What those snakes do is jump off a tree and glide through the air. You can google "flying snakes" and get a lot of links talking about them. I didn't see any links that spoke of any having wings.
Has anyone else ever seen anything like that, or know what it could be?

Thanks for sharing your stories.

edit on 2/10/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The last two stories remind me of something that a friend’s family experienced. This may even deserve its own thread, but it is all about weird beasts, so I guess this will suffice.

This occurred in central MA and the family did not tell the media or want to draw attention. They only told close friends and family. I was good friends with one of the sons, and knew the other one as well, and I have no reason to think they would make anything up. This took place circa 1985-1990. I do not think it is fair for me to reveal the town or street.

The two brothers and their friends, several of which I knew, all reported seeing shimmering, see-through, silvery-colored beings in the woods behind the house. When the Predator movie came out, they said the things they saw resembled what was in the movie. I only saw the movie once, so I really don’t recall the specifics. The beings looked human-shaped, but were very fast and agile on the rare occasions that the kids tried chasing them. I recall one time they said that one of the beings climbed a tree about as fast as a cat would, then disappeared. The sightings happened several times over the course of a few years, to the point where the boys were over their fears and were more intrigued. But each incident lasted only a minute or so, and the beings moved so fast that the boys’ efforts to pursue them never went far.

The parents told the kids that it was all in their imagination.

Meanwhile, the parents did see these beings as well as others in the house, and did not tell the kids so the kids would not be scared. That all came to an end one night, I believe it was around Christmas, when the extended family was over for a holiday celebration. In full view of a large gathering in the living room, something that my friends described as looking like “a hairless cat walking on its hind legs” came out from behind something, ran across the room, behind a piece of furniture, and disappeared. Everyone screamed and ran out of the room. Once they calmed down, the family that lived there packed as much of their belongings as they could fit into the vehicles that were there (plenty, as there were many family members there for the gathering), left the house and never set foot in it again. I mean, never, not for one moment. The kids were just suddenly out of school for about a week, and when they came back they refused to tell anyone what had happened for a long time. Trust me, this family did not and does not want any sort of attention from these incidents. I believe it really happened and that they just wanted to put the experiences behind them.

I have never heard of anything else happening since then on that property. Satellite imagery reveals nothing unusual about it or the nearby woods. It did not have many owners in a few years, or any other signs that people kept fleeing something there.

Nearly twenty years later, I was a passenger in a friend’s car and another passenger was a gentleman who had for years claimed to have all kinds of paranormal abilities, ability to interact with unseen entities, and whatnot…things my friends and I generally took with a grain of salt. I did not realize that we were driving by the house described above, as it was just a normal place for me to pass by. Just as we approached the house, the guy with the alleged paranormal sensitivity started freaking out and panicking. He wouldn’t say why but he started looking all around as if searching for something. He started screaming to “get out of here” and told my friend who was driving to drive faster. When we asked why, he said he wasn’t sure, but he thought that “demons” were trying to draw him to something. He didn’t know where they wanted him to go and he claimed he didn’t see them, just sensed them. When the house was out of sight, he relaxed and calmed down again. For some reason I did not tell him about the stories about that house. In retrospect I should have, and asked for more information that he may have sensed. At the moment I think I was just glad that he was calm again and I did not want to upset him.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by therainmaker

I'll have to comment on this in the morning. I'm about to leave for work.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Very interesting! Before I told my story above I had not relayed it to one other person, well other than my Mom who refuses to talk about it. Felt good to get it off my chest. Makes me wonder how many other people out there have seen these things. Who knows what the hell they are? Aliens? Demons? Inter-dimensional Beings? Or maybe something else completely. All I know is that if I ever see it again I am going to get a picture or video

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Wow I'm just loving people's stories and experiences with these creatures. I have never seen anything and I'm beginning to think.....Thank god!....I wonder what they are. Demons? Or maybe creatures what live amongst us here on earth. Or even some kind of visitors..who knows....

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

From what some of them look like, I'd say they are either alien animals, or secret experiments the gov. has been doing, working on a hybrid/genetic project to see what they can come up with by cross-breeding different types of animals.
But I think some are aliens, especially the ones that can disappear, like this big foot creature that can become invisible.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Wow! That's incredible! I said I would comment later, but what can I say?!

Very freaky experience, for sure!! These creatures, whatever they are, must be all over the place.
The more I read, the more it makes me shiver, thinking about all the time I spent alone out in the woods when I was growing up... and that thing was probably there watching me the whole time.

Thank you for sharing that. More validation these invisible creatures exist.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I'm an avid hunter & I don't get scared easy. The only time i remember being petrified was a few years ago back home. I was hunting one day, not a bird or animal in sight. I remember thinking 'that's weird! Usually there's 63 zillion birds & 4 zillion game!' I heard an ear splitting shriek & looked up to see a flying... something... that had a 8-9 foot wingspan & I couldn't see any legs. Not too sure what it was. I saw it skin a tree & fly off towards the pond. I was tempted to follow it, but decided against it. I didn't feel like being gutted. I've seen eagles. It wasn't an eagle. I've seen bats. It was too big to be a bat. It wasn't anything I know of out there & I was terrified. I'm an open minded septic & I decided to find some proof so no one would laugh me off (what i found got me laughed off anyway.). I ran up the tree it skinned & found some rainbow colored flight feathers & a ton of green down, okay, I guess it's a parrot... No. Too big, unless there's a huge rainbow-colored giant a** parrots in the middle of Kansas. I hit the web Googling like crazy & rummaging through all of the zoology, bird, endangered animal books in the collection from my mom. The only things i could come up were a giant a** rainbow-colored parrot (Not likely) A hoax (I'm in the middle of no where! Not likely to happen!) & some sort of thunder bird or amphitheater. I've compared the feathers to blue jays, robins, cardinals, parrots, chicken, quail, etc. & found nothing that matched them.

I still don't like going to that spot. I try to avoid going to the pond in case that was a Mrs. Terrifying feathered bird thingy & there was a Mr. Terrifying feathered bird thingy & baby terrifying feathered bird thingies. I still have the feathers & down locked in a box in my bedroom. That shriek is the stuff of nightmares. I'm terrified that it'll come back & gut me.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by catiepiller

Really cool story. Would it be too much to ask to have you post a pic of the feathers? I'm genuinely curious what they look like, as I've always found stories of thunderbirds to be intriguing.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join