It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Had a Mythical Beast Encounter?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
OK, so here goes. May have to work on this post in between tasks....

When I was in my 7th grade-high school years we lived in a two story brick house in Coahoma, TX. It sat right next to the softball fields by the interstate. The house was originally built in the 1880's as a "shotgun" house. It was a very simple, single story dwelling with a living area, kitchen, and bedroom. In the 20's the back half of the hosue was added on, adding in a bedroom, bathroom, and pantry. In the 50's, the second story was added, bringing in another bedroom. They also added the private bath into the master bedroom.

I slept on the upper floor, which was basically just a huge room. There was another room off to the side that was much smaller, an several closets that made use of the edges of the room (the roof was sloped, and so was the ceiling....so there was a lot of room on the edge that had a short ceiling and were best used for storage cubby's). In my room, i had the bed slid into an alcove where a window was. I had a couch and recliner on the other half of the room, and set up a coffee table and TV. Like a little living room.

Growing up I was a huge Metallica fan. Still am, actually. I bought upwards of 10 copies of Master of Puppets, each of them coming up missing within a few days. I started just copying a friends cassette to save money. The copies would come up missing just about as frequently. When we moved from that house, none of the missing cassette tapes showed up. Strangely, I have that same album "ripped" onto my hard drive. Half of the files have corrupted and are full of squeaks. So I can't really listen to it. Like i lifelong curse, LOL.

Were that all there is, I would think little of it and move on with life. But....other stuff would come up missing. An example: all the candy from my stocking was stuffed into a ziploc baggie. I took it upstairs to snack on while I laid on my couch and watched TV. That night, I laid down on my couch and was watching something or other, and fell asleep. I had eaten maybe 5 or 6 chocolates before going to sleep, leaving the bag almost full. I woke up around 4am, and the bag was gone. It wasn't on my coffee table where I had left it....it was completely absent.

I mentioned this to my mom, who said something like, "Yeah, I know they are here too. I just ignore them and it keeps them from acting out". This freaked me out severely, but I knew what she meant immediately. So we left the house to talk for awhile. I told her about how at night when I would go to the restroom, the area at the base of the stairs would be frigid. And how going through my sisters bedroom to get to the bathroom, it became utterly terrifying. I am not, and never have been, one that spooks over the dark. So it was unusual.

My mom shared that throughout her life, my grandmother would tell her, "Yes, just ignore them. The more you ignore them, the less they come around. They respond to attention." She advised that we employ the same strategy in this case. So we would talk about the strange things happening at home, but only while we were away from the house. The activity seemed to slow, but like I said....to this day it seems I am not allowed to own a copy of Master of Puppets. My very first concert was Master of Puppets tour when Metllica and Celtic Frost played in El Paso...i love that album.

I tell that whole story to say this: what if "ignoring" was the difference between what adults see, and what children and animals see? What if not seeing these things, or interacting with these things, is a natural state of being. And we are not able to because we condition our mind to ignore?

What if that conditioning is a fear response? The psyche forces you to ignore as an act of self preservation?

I have 1 more story I will share. I may have shared it on ATS before. Its about Jeremy, the little boy who lived with us long after he had died. But that'll be later, after I get some work done.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Glad I stuck around long enough to catch your story! I am in total agreement with your granny and your mama- ignore them and they simmer down! I think the more attention they are given the more energy they are able to draw from you, thus increasing their activity. All the friends who have been brave enough to stick with me over the years have learned to just ignore anything strange that happens and not to talk about it here.

I also think there is plausibility to your theory that ignoring such activity may be a built in defense mechanism that maybe children haven't yet reached maturity enough to achieve and thus may be more vulnerable. I'm interested to hear your other story because we also have ghosts in our house who we happen to know some details about as well, also from different generations as our house is the same as you described- shotgun with lots of add ons. We have 4 permanent residents and the occasional visiting spirit- they are all fairly tame unless the shadow people are acting up, then it really gets freaky to the point of people running out of our house!

Looking forward to the rest of the story!

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Have You Had a Mythical Beast Encounter?
I sure and i believe i think i have while i was in Greece while driving in our family Van to celebrate Greece's Cheery fest back in 2008.

While driving to an area near Thessaloniki mountain or near there was a line of bushes beside the Road as i was looking outside the window into the bushes.
I saw what it appeared to be red eyes glowing out from the bushes. At least there were two.

After i saw the red eyes i was shocked when i saw them i said to my self (Well this is Greece)

Does anyone have any tales or legends of Creatures of Greece or in the areas of Thessaloniki?

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Meh i also have a story. But i shared it soo many times that i'm lazy to write it again. So will just sumarize it.

It was a long time ago. I was probably 11 or 12. I was coming back from the mall at about 12:00 PM. We were passing trough the same road we always tok to go back home (me my mom and my brother) i was passing trough dififculties at the time, There was like around 3-4 other people in the same road. Me and my brother were looking at the same direction when the lights of the street turned of. We tought it was just another blackout because others happend in the same weak in the same area.

BUUUUUT. After like 10 meters we looked into the entrace of a garage parking and there it was. It was huge and i could say it was around 9 feet tall because it was crouched under the mechanic fence. That thing was, i can't describe how scary it looked, the moment we saw it, it looked to us. It had grey skin, no hair (i could see it's bones behind the arms, don't know what those are called), it was pale and had a pair of bat like wings atached to it's back . I didn't saw i'ts eyes, but my brother said it had red eyes and black pupils which moved like of a chamaleon.

The moment it looked to us it moved into the dark and we couldn't see it anymore. I was terrified (the moment i saw the thing i feelt my heart reaching my chest and gonig back like a sligshot) , i could only think on getting home and trying to understand wtf i saw.

And that's it. My brother also saw more details, but i'm too lazy to describe. Even today i don't sleep with my windowns open.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

These are awesome paranormal stories you and Littled are sharing, but I really wish you would post it in my paranormal thread (click on my signature). This thread is more about monsters/creatures that they have in the show I posted in the OP.

Don't think I don't appreciate your stories, I really do!!

Anyone else that has a paranormal story, please post in my paranormal thread. You won't be ridiculed there. I have over 200 pages of people who have shared.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Frocharocha

Yeah, that sounds like one of the creatures in the show... Mothman! WOW!

Thanks to all who have shared to this point. Maybe I'll get time to reply in a day or two, but work is demanding my time right now.

Please continue...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

littled16
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Glad to know I'm not the only one! I've learned over the years that if I ignore them to the best of my ability eventually they become less active but for some reason they seem to be stronger and more active during particular times of the year- mainly late fall but early spring as well- I'm not sure exactly what that means other than maybe the "veil" is thinner at those times. And you are correct in that they mess with me more when I'm doing really good things- they were most active during the times when I taught Sunday school and vacation Bible school!

No, you aren't the only one! Many people, even Christians, don't always recognize them for what they are, though, because discernment is a gift that we don't all share. I happen to have that one, and others have their own gifts. The timing makes sense, though, if you think about it. In a battle, those fighting aren't likely to pay attention to someone sitting on the sidelines, and posing no threat. It's when someone is actively working against their goals that they draw attention. Since this is a spiritual battle, coming to their attention, and perhaps under attack, when more active makes perfect sense.

Watch for moles, too. Sometimes, if they can't get to you through other methods, they will place people in a church that aren't what they seem to be. Have a few of those around here now. That you notice the other sort, the not-people ones, tells me you can probably spot the fakes as well.

The good thing is, we already won.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

sled735

Yeah, that sounds like one of the creatures in the show... Mothman! WOW!

Thanks to all who have shared to this point. Maybe I'll get time to reply in a day or two, but work is demanding my time right now.

Please continue...

Yeah i knew it was Mothman the moment the 'disaster' thing happend. If you can call it. In my country, in November 10 (2009) for unkown reasons the main distribuiton usine of eletricity in my country just stopped working in the night. I wasn't awake at that time. But according to official statements over 60 million people and 18 states in Brazil were completely in the dark for over 4 hours.

The result was pretty unpredictble. Chaos everywhere, hundreds of milions in dollars of people' s personal stuff in the trash, robery everywhere, car accidents everywhere, deaths and the list goes on.

According to official statements, almost 90% of the country Paraguai was also affected. Even today, no one was ever able to explain the reason of the biggest blackout in the country. Ever.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   

That's a pretty powerful creature!!! Dang!!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

One of our neighbors that lived about 2 miles up the road found his pig ripped open on it's belly, but the only thing taken was the liver. He said it was a very clean cut; looked like it could have been done with a knife. He found long white hairs caught on the barbed wire fence close by. An albino big foot? I don't know what the white hairs could have been from.

Hi Sled. You mentioned in your OP that you and your sister experienced a large creature in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, right? And in your quote above, you say your neighbor found long white hairs on a fence, and you were wondering where they came from?

This could be your answer:
I watched an episode from the show in your OP about monsters in the Appalachians, and one of the things some of the people saw in that area was a large creature with long white hair, like a big foot, except they called it Sheep Squatch.
This was on the show entitled, Appalchia.
I wanted to tell you so you can watch it. It could be your answer.

I have watched several of the shows since you posted the link. Oh my goddess! I have never seen such scary monsters that people are claiming to be real! It makes me scared to ever go into the woods again!

I can't imagine running into something like these people claim to have seen!

Thank you again for bringing this show to my attention.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindless1980

Thank you, Mindless. I'll have to be sure to watch that one, especially since it is right in my "backyard"!!

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindless1980

I watched the show last night. WOW! That is freaky!
And to think that thing could be lurking so near to me! Goosebumps!

I'll be sure to notice my surroundings from now on. I work third shift, and I live in the country!

edit on 1/19/2014 by sled735 because: typo

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

sled735

These are awesome paranormal stories you and Littled are sharing, but I really wish you would post it in my paranormal thread (click on my signature). This thread is more about monsters/creatures that they have in the show I posted in the OP.

Don't think I don't appreciate your stories, I really do!!

Anyone else that has a paranormal story, please post in my paranormal thread. You won't be ridiculed there. I have over 200 pages of people who have shared.

Okay. I didn't mean to offend either of you. I'm trying to keep my paranormal thread going until my second year anniversary date, and I thought you sharing there would help, but if you aren't going to share there, then please, continue your story here.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by sled735

There was a single foot print right before the water. It was huge. My brother was wearing size 17 shoes at the time and his foot was dinky compared to it.
edit on 10-1-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

How can a creature, mythical or not, and purportedly a bipedal, leave 1 footprint? Even if biggie was an inter-dimensional traveler and materialized right at that spot, don't you think he would've landed on two feet, and even if he was a one legged lander, wouldn't at some point he have put his second foot down? Or have you deduced that he materialized right near you guys on one leg, balanced for a little while, then dematerialized to wander another dimension?

I now believe.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LizardSlicks

I don't know. As I said, it always took flight when it reached my window. Maybe it was having a hard time getting airborne, and came down on one leg to push it'self up. This place where the footprint was would have been in the right area for that to have happened.

I really have no idea. Only know what I saw.

ETA: For some reason, this site isn't allowing the word w-i-n-d-o-w to show up here!!! That's weird!

edit on 1/20/2014 by sled735 because: comment

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I was up in northern California in Humboldt county in the mid 1980's. I was just driving around taking in the sites at Avenue of the Giants, a park with giant red woods.

I decided I needed gas and pulled into a Chevron station to fill up. The gas station was surrounded by wooded areas. As I got out of the car, I kept hearing something akin to a mean dog barking type sound and it was very loud. It seemed to have quite a large lung capacity from the noise it was making. The noise seemed to be coming from behind the station. The attendent there appeared quite concerned about something, too. The noise was very unsettling, which gave me the incentive not to go check it out. I quickly filled up, paid the attendant and left. I have no idea what it was but sounded much bigger than a dog.
edit on 20-1-2014 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

The Following is from a personal blog I used to keep, and was the Entry for December 7, 2005. I have shortened it some.
I am copying this, with my permission! Because I think it the freshest view of my experience.
I was visiting friends in Southwestern Virginia at their retreat land near Galax.
Today I might think differently about what it was, but I know it wasn't a beastie from the forest we recognize. It was massive, at least 8 feet long. The head, was in shadow, but by the eyes alone the head had to be 3 ft across. Still those are my calculations due to me being the one who got the closest to the mystery, I could be wrong and admit that fact.

BLOG ENTRY:

So, that night after a wonderful dinner, Ol Buzzard started a bonfire with wood we had collected early that morning. It was going to rain the next day, so we took advantage of a clear night. We were not expecting what happened, but that was half of the fun, the total synchronistic arrival of a most wonderful and powerful experience for all three of us.

The Bonfire was going good, and White Crow and Ol Buzzard were sipping hot cider and as usual I was with a cup of good strong coffee…. Point being, these friends do not do strong drink or drugs. It was cold too, not real cold, but we were enjoying the fire and in the distance up the mountain I heard something unusual, at first thought it sounded like a goose. It came from the area of the Abaton and when I heard it the second time I asked them if they had heard it also. It made a different sound, deeper and they acknowledged that they heard it too. Then you could tell that it was moving down the mountain from the Abaton, which is about a fourth of a mile from their house. The sound was like a wailing, unlike anything that I have every heard in my life. I am an avid outdoors person who has came face to face with a bear before, I know what bobcats, cougars, badgers and other wild things sound like, and as this “call’’ came down the mountain it was obvious that it was announcing itself with every step it took.

So, we listened to it as it came down the mountain beside the creek which runs by the house, and it got closer and closer and the ‘wail’ was something that was unnerving in it’s power and depth. We stopped our idle banter that was in progress and listened to it come closer and closer. We could tell that it was coming down by the creek, and it sounded like it entered the pasture with the apple trees behind the house where the llamas play in the daytime. The roar/call/wail was enthralling and my adrenaline was pumping. White Crow and Ol Buzzard of course having lived in the woods for some length of time now where much more calm. It was taking its time, not in a hurry, but still moving at a fast clip as the sound it made got closer to us, and we realized it was behind the house and crossing back over the creek to the opposite side. It came down all the time making this sound that is something that I will never in all my days ever forget.

Ol Buzzard got the flashlight out as it walked the bank of the hill across the creek, which flows south by the house. With every step (which you could not hear) it let out this ‘call’ that vibrated to my very soul and bones. Finally it was directly across the creek from where we were with the bonfire, but we still could not see it in the almost total darkness. It called out the whole time, obviously not fearful of us at all, and Ol Buzzard was scanning the side of the hill trying to see our invisible visitor. The whole time it kept calling out in its vibrating sound watching us as we were trying to see it. Ol Buzzard must have shown the light over the spot it was four or five times, but you still could see nothing. Impatient and slammed full of adrenaline I snatched the flashlight out of his hands and ran down the embankment a bit to get closer and I scanned the hillside as I walked and finally I shined the lights into ‘it’s ‘ eyes.

I am not sure how loud I screamed this, but I hollered, “Do you see its eyes? Do you see its eyes?” They were huge and yellow/green with a slit, so you could say they were reptilian/cat-like, but I could safely say they were the size of a large mans fist. Still I could see no body to go with the eyes, and the adrenaline was a pumping full force for me now. And it let out another scream that made me return to the sides of Ol Buzzard and White Crow. It did this a few more times and turned to go up the next hillside, we listened as it left the immediate vicinity to head up the hill and over the ridge to the other side where a pasture is located. We continued to listen as it kept up with its calling out until we could not hear it any longer.

“That was no cougar or panther” I think I said, and White Crow and Ol Buzzard agreed that it was NOT a regular animal of the woods. Ol Buzzard has to be given the credit as our Bull # meter, if we had been over reacting to a bear, or other local wildlife, Ol Buzzard would have stopped White Crow in our tracks to reel us back to reality.
The reality was that it was something more, just what we are still debating and assimilating as to what it might have been. It definitely was very atavistic and primordial feeling to me, and after my last day at the Nemeton I had meditated at the spot it had stood when I saw it’s eyes. During that meditation I termed it a ‘dragon’ and an I CHING reading interpretation even termed it by correspondence a Coiled Water Dragon. Today, speaking to White Crow by phone, she said basilisk, the word ‘basilisk’ is from the Greek basiliskos meaning "little king, so I might agree. It had a royal sound like nothing I have ever heard in my life. I listened to animal sounds off the internet for the past day before writing this post, and the only sounds close (but not the same) were from a Sasquatch recording and another that a gorilla made, so I am open minded about it still.

And totally in awe of the whole experience, another piece of my total Transformative trip to the Abaton.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

WHOA! Eyes as big as a man's fist, and you were that close to it?

I would probably have fainted right then and there!!

Thank you so much for sharing your story. That's just crazy! No telling what it was!

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
idk if you want to count this but here's my story anyway:

so last summer i was camping in the forests of oregon by the coast, and one day i randomly went into the forest to track, what i believed to be massive dinosaur prints, eventually i stumbled upon a rock, after reinacting my own star wars fantasies (long story)

at this point it was getting darker and darker, i had to stay at the rock, because , stupid me i took my shoes off........long story...

anyway i hear this "thing" walking not more than 20 feet from me, and "talking" to my suprise. i figured it was a woodsman, so i decided to blurt out "hello", kreepily the person didn't respond, so i blurted out another hello!" again no response

the "thing" eventually left my presence, not saying a thing to me, to this day idk if it was a human, bigfoot, or otherwise "gulp" a bear.

but atleast im here to tell about it

completly true story

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I don't know if this is the right thread to post this, but, here goes...

I was driving home about 6 nights ago and was on the highway when all of a sudden I saw this dark cloudlike thing go up underneath my drivers side fender while I was moving. I couldn't believe it and thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.

Needless to say, not long after that as I was turning into town, my heater went cold and I knew that there was a car problem going on because the thermostat gauge started reading hotter levels. So I hightailed it home the few blocks from there and prayed it wouldn't overheat. Made it home.

Brought it in to the shop not expecting anything wierd out of it. Later on that day the mechanic (my regular guy BTW) called me and told me there were animal teethmarks and chewing marks all over the place. He said it was odd. Some transmission wires were partly chewed through and my lower radiator uptake valve was chewed through and was reason for coolant loss. It was the darndest thing!

I was confused about it for a while but now I realize that it could only mean one things....

Gremlins.....there I said it.

What do you think could it have been gremlins? Today after I got my car home from the shop I heard what could be construed as chirping after I turned off the key.

Really wierd. Has anyone else had this happen to them or is it just me being crazy???

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join