It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Had a Mythical Beast Encounter?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I remember seing a dark quadruped running across the road in front of my truck. I was working on a forest service contract refueling a helicopter when I saw this thing. If it was a bear it was so skinny it would be a dying bear. It was too big to be a dog or a wolf but it just cleared the road in two strides. Never identified what it was and I have seen all kinds of creatures. Never had an explanation for this one.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by allthings2allmen

Was it skinnier than this one?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

About as skinny but it was no the same stride more like a wolf or a cat with a double front and rear paws touching the ground at the same time and the paws were much smaller. In the Olympic penisnula in the state of Washington. Where is this bear from?
edit on 7-3-2014 by allthings2allmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
In July of 2000 while on a canoe trip down the Mullica River in N.J. I saw something standing in the river as I came around a bend. This river is located in the southern part of the state on the coastal plain so it is a slow, winding, flat water type river located in the Pinelands Preserve. At first I thought it was a person standing there fishing, which is unusual because all of the rivers in the Pinelands are loaded with tannic acid and there's almost no fish in them worth fishing for.

This river is also located within Wharton State Forest. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited, so I was being cautious in making certain that whatever standing in the river was not a Forest Ranger. Their main priority seems to be catching people drinking on the rivers. So I was holding my position on the bend while trying to ascertain what I was looking at and in doing so banged the side of the canoe with my paddle.

That is when I knew what I was looking at was not a fisherman or Forest Ranger! It turned its head towards me and that's when I saw the shape of its head. It looked like a horses' head! And the legs were huge. I quickly back paddled back upstream around the bend out of sight from this thing. My heart was pounding and I searched for my machete and got that within reach. My next thought was to try and get a photo because I couldn't believe what I was looking at. At the time I had a Canon 35mm automatic camera and managed to creep back to the bend stern first and peek downstream.

It was still there looking down at the water in the river. I managed to get 2 or 3 photos. When I showed them to co-workers after getting them developed, one guy could see something even though the original photos showed the thing so far off in the distance. Well he took one of the photos in the office and scanned it and blew it up. The 2 photos below are the only thing I'm able to find at this date.

I moved a couple of times since then and somewhere in a box are the original prints. Anyway take a look and let me know if you can see it. I will not locate it in the photo until asked to do so. I am prepared for opinions of "...it's a tree stump." I have heard it before and know that tree stumps don't move! I was scared and didn't want the thing to see me. After taking the photos I retreated back upstream around the bend and decided to wait until this thing left. After about a half hour I looked again and it was gone. I think I saw the Jersey Devil!

Also I want to say that the photos below are a re-scan of a poor quality printed scan, that a friend had made from the scan that was made from my co-worker of the original print photo. That was a long but accurate description of the below photos. Some day I will find the original photos. I know I've got them in a box somewhere. Also the 2 photos are the same, 1 is zoomed in closer.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

Yes, I see what you're referring to. Hard to make out, but I believe your story.
You must have been terrified out there all alone with this thing! It would be great if you could get your story on the t.v. show, Monsters and Mysteries.

I have always wondered if that was the Jersey Devil that ran/flew past my window as a child. There are times I wished I had looked out to see what it was, but I was to frightened of what I might see.

Thank you for sharing with us. If you come across better quality photos, please come back and share them. You are the first one on the thread to offer pictures of what you saw. Awesome!!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

allthings2allmen
reply to post by sled735

About as skinny but it was no the same stride more like a wolf or a cat with a double front and rear paws touching the ground at the same time and the paws were much smaller. In the Olympic penisnula in the state of Washington. Where is this bear from?
edit on 7-3-2014 by allthings2allmen because: (no reason given)

Oh, I see. Well, that does sound like a strange creature. Weird!!
I don't know where the bear is from I posted; I grabbed it off the internet.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Well, I have had paranormal experiences. I guess you would call them "ghostly" encounters, but, no, I have never seen a mythical creature as far as I can remember. Now, I have a friend who is pretty certain he has, but I don't know. I wasn't present.
edit on 7-3-2014 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Ok... Well, just glancing at them, I would initially say it was a "tree stump." However, honestly, when I look at it, it does appear to be a figure with a hood on its head of some sort, kneeling down by the water with its hands clasped in front of its bended knees as if it were "praying" or something. Very odd picture.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Well then, jump on over to my paranormal thread (click on my signature) and share your stories with us.

And tell your friend I/we want to hear his experience here.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Elphineas

My niece swears she saw a pegasus... Again, I don't know, but she swears she did.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I sure will.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

SpeakerofTruth
reply to post by Elphineas

My niece swears she saw a pegasus... Again, I don't know, but she swears she did.

Pegasus is one of the best known mythological creatures in Greek mythology. He is a winged divine stallion usually depicted as pure white in color. He was sired by Poseidon, in his role as horse-god, and foaled by the Gorgon Medusa. Wikipedia

Well, after everything I've seen myself, and others' accounts, I wouldn't doubt it.

Sylvia Browne claimed to have seen an elf, or fairy, or something while she was traveling with a tour guide. She mentioned it to him and he said, "Yes, people see them around here all the time."

I think they exist, but only people with higher frequencies can see them.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

sled735

The strange and magical truth is that there are interdimensional forces that penetrate our world sphere and just kind of hang around I guess.
reply to post by Bilky

I think they came in alien spaceships. Maybe they're the alien's pets? LOL
I say this because I saw soooooo many UFOs during the time these two creatures were in the woods at my childhood home.

The big foot could make itself disappear. Yep! Definitely other-worldly!!

reality is based on the senses. We as a conglomerate of mindless sheep are doomed. Eat your grass and use your ipod my sheeples.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
yep
i lived on the shore of a 5 mile long, half mile wide bay extending from one of the great lakes

as the sun was rising across the bay a boat traveled down the eastern side of the bay going north
a few minutes later another boat traveled south down the western (my) side of the bay...

a few minutes later as the two opposing expanding fan shaped boat wakes began to collide along their lengths
nessie, or maybe it was ogopogo, went humping down the bay head held high...humps rolling

i saw this a couple times while living in that spot as the sun was rising and two boats traveled down their respective sides of the bay

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Cool !! Here is a video on the ogopogo. Seems you aren't alone!!

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I'd like to tell you a story of a mythical beast, although it's not a big, scary monster-type beast, I'm afraid!
in Scotland, and I think Ireland too, there is a belief that moths are spirits, or messengers. Maybe you think that's a bit daft, they're just insects -well, yeah maybe they are.

A couple of years ago, things were difficult - all sorts of financial and housing problems, that I won't bore you with here. I had three little kids in a freezing house, and I found out I was pregnant. Obviously I was delighted, despite what was going on, because I fiercely believed that I was going to get my kids out of the situation we were in, and give them a good life - I believed that what was happening was temporary and we would all get through it (which we did, I should add.)
A couple of nights after I found out I was pregnant, I noticed a white moth, when I took the dog out to the toilet. I used to sit on the step of the house, while the dog went for a late night pee and a snout about before bed. For the next four nights it was there, without fail, on the step beside me. It upset me that it didn't fly, it just walked round and round in circles and generally looked ill -just not right.
On the fifth night, I was expecting to see it, and it wasn't there. I was heading back in with my dog, when I saw it fly right past me, and then it flew straight up. I was pleased, since it seemed better (why I thought it was the same moth, I don't know).

The next morning, I woke up knowing something was wrong, and it broke my heart when I saw that I had been bleeding.
Needless to say, I'd had a miscarriage.
Whether this moth was nature's way of saying that the miscarriage was inevitable, I don't know, but I took solace from the fact that it had seemed so 'free' on the last night, and in a strange way it made the most awful thing in the world almost bearable, after some time had passed.
Anyway, I went on to have another healthy, chubby little boy,who is adored, but you never forget the 'what might have been' children, really, do you?
That's my mythical beast story, only on a small, insecty scale!

B x

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Have you ever heard of Kelpies? They're one of the best known myths around Scotland. Your story has an uncanny ring of Kelpie about It!

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have a co-worker/friend who lost her mother last summer unexpectedly. My friend is having a really hard time dealing with her loss because they lived together, and she helped take care of her after she divorced her step-dad.
Now she is all alone and having a hard time coping in the new house they bought together a few years ago.

She told me her mother loved butterflies, and because they never did see any real ones outside of the house, her mother had little do-dads of butterflies sitting around the house.

She said last week she was having a "hard day". She was talking to her mother, asking her to give her a sign that she was still with her.
Later she looked out on her porch and there was a beautiful, vibrant purple butterfly sitting on the arm of the chair. She said it was the most beautiful butterfly she had ever seen.

She went out and stood in front of it and talked to it, and it didn't fly away. She went back in to get her camera to take a picture and told it not to leave.

It was still there when she returned, and she got the picture.

She said that butterfly stayed on her porch ALL day! She took this as her mother's "sign" that she had asked for.

I'm sorry for your loss.

As you can see from my above post, it seems there are messages carried by these winged "creatures".
Yeah, I believe that.

Thank you for your story. More validation that this happens.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Thank you Sled.
That story you posted reminds me of my grandfather's funeral, which was hilarious, but shouldn't have been! A butterfly flew into the bar where we all were after the service,and sat beside my grandmother. All hell broke loose when my great aunt tried to squash it with her bag, to get rid off it. Everyone was shouting, 'no, it's him, it's him!'
She said 'I know, it's hellish, he's giving me the creeps!'

Sorry to lower the tone, it just came to mind! (No disrespect intended to the author of your story, which was very poignant).
Hope all is well with you

B x

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by allthings2allmen

Let's be clear, I am a believer in many a strange beast, but this sounds like a young bear. Washington state is thick with them, and young bear, especially in spring (not sure when you saw it), look about like an odd black lab. Their normal gait isn't as you described, but when they are running short bits or hopping around obstacles (road), they can and do as you describe.

This is one of those where it could have been something else (can never be ruled out), but lots of things point to bear.
edit on 8-3-2014 by Halfswede because: misspelled

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join