It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science and the Afterlife Experience

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Why, whatever do you mean my good man? Lets just say I
was very content looking down on myself and everyone
else in the room. Content and very safe, then in a wave
of glitches that seem to wash over me and pull me down.
Boom, it was over. i'll never forget it and I have no fear
of death. It felt so familiar, I guess would be the word.

I've sat on that very same fence, it's comforting, safe and cozy. Glitches seems to stand out the most in your response, that's a perfect word to explain it.

Death... As another stated "Graduation", possibly better stated as "The Great Release", yea I fear not the reaper and look forward when "my name is called".

It's rare that I move off that fence, the decisions one can make along w/ the words anyone can use are a dime a dozen. Maybe, for me at least, when threads as this pop up, as they are rare, I feel the need to share, something personal and move. Maybe that story, that experiance, will trigger something in someone, maybe not but maybe it will help another realize that what they are experiancing is "Normal" for lack of better words and they are "not" the only one.

As always randy, it's a plessure talking with you

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I do belive.
Not because im afraid of death, but because its the only thing that makes sence.

Humans are not logical at all...We hurt ourself and others that we love, we almost never do the "right" thing, we crave things like handbags because there is a name on it, explain that.
We do things that are dangerous, we can even have this conversation. What if there wasn`t an afterlive, how wierd of us to come up with this strange cosept then...

If you go back 1000 years from now i think people would think of cell Phones as a more impossible possibility than life after death.

We dont fit in in this world. And people who do, live in an illusion created by humans.

Even though my life seems Perfect for some, i feel that i dont belonge here. I hate the feeling, and sometime i wish i would die and never wake up so i diddent have to deal with this world again and again with all the mindless sheeps. But then again, i belive there is a plan, and that i have to stay so i can do whatever i was meant to do....

Thank you for the thread

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

"The Great Release",

Seems odd to also make note that we almost use an identical moniker
for this phenomena. I often even within these boards call it, " The Great Mystery".
Of which we all must solve on our own. Some are given clues, others find them
because they do not sit idle. They venture out and make themselves available, to
the clues that can never be found in fear or safety." For the Devil dreams on an
idle horse ". I love life with a vikings heart, but will embrace death as a servant,
who awaits the arrival of his master. I will greet him with loyalty and good cheer.

The pleasure is also mine Sulaw.
edit on 9-1-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Aldrin

What a provactive response

Humans are not logical at all...We hurt ourself and others that we love, we almost never do the "right" thing, we crave things like handbags because there is a name on it, explain that.
We do things that are dangerous, we can even have this conversation. What if there wasn`t an afterlive, how wierd of us to come up with this strange cosept then...

I agree we as a whole are not logical, but we try to use logic in a illogical world, this is most confusing. Handbags, cell phones, cars, houses all parts of the "material". Do we as a species look outside ourselves to define that which we cannot, too define the individual? Where, the possessions aquired, we try and use to define the individual where it's illogical to do so? Is it not more logical to look within ourselves and then exude that behavior forward? This to can seem illogical and logical as the inner self sometimes comes out in various unhealthy ill manored ways, yet all in the name of experiance and growth?

We dont fit in in this world. And people who do, live in an illusion created by humans.

Don't we though? Is it not the grander illusion not created by the humans but the cosmos that is the reality we live? I would agree that we as the human species "create" illusions in our individual reality and experiance, but not to the point that we don't fit. The people who do can also live outside the illusion as a outsider looking in and still take part in the "illusion".... I hope I'm responding the right way, this response is like a enigma wraped in bacon and stir fried with pork....

Even though my life seems Perfect for some, i feel that i dont belonge here. I hate the feeling, and sometime i wish i would die and never wake up so i diddent have to deal with this world again and again with all the mindless sheeps. But then again, i belive there is a plan, and that i have to stay so i can do whatever i was meant to do....

I think most have had this same exact thought at one time or another in life. I too have felt this way. The saying "Everything is going according to plan" comes to mind. Even mindless sheep have a purpose and nobody is not, not meant to be here.

Sorry if I was OT, the Science we have is affirming the infinate possibilities and Illogicality of this single one world we live. To where one day, these stories of legend, myth and lore, we may come to find are more "Truthfull" than we had ever imagined. Reality is that much stranger than any factual evidence ever postulated.

Keep your head up, we all have a purpose, even if that purpose is shrouded.

The school of life doesn't need a reason of logic, it wouldn't be a school otherwise.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Seems odd to also make note that we almost use an identical moniker
for this phenomena. I often even within these boards call it, " The Great Mystery".
Of which we all must solve on our own. Some are given clues, others find them
because they do not sit idle. They venture out and make themselves available, to
the clues that can never be found in fear or safety." For the Devil dreams on an
idle horse ". I love life with a vikings heart, but will embrace death as a servant,
who awaits the arrival of his master. I will greet him with loyalty and good cheer

This is a reason I love ATS, it's a gathering of "Seekers" that brings individuals together from the great divide known as Earth. I believe we use an almost identical moniker, due to a global concioucness that some know about some like you good sir actually utilize.

Once tap'd into, we as seekers, access the same information the "clues" and start merging paths. Sometimes we get only tidbits of information and once we find a similiar individual who pushes that tidbit forward, do we as individuals move forward with the idea/thought that has been found in that gloable concious network.

Really fascinating... I am loving this thread...

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I've never read any books

That deserves a face-palm.

As I said I was on a journey looking for the actual truth. I'm still on that journey but I now know that I don't have to dive headlong with blind faith, but rather the burden of proof is on those making the claim. So yeah, the skeptics chair is pretty comfy, is cushioned by uncertainty and doubt and follows wherever the actual evidence leads.

So..... what, you're now all of 25?

I'm on a journey too. I'm not talking about blind faith; I'm talking about hard research with significant results. The burden of proof has been met.
Until you read the books, you are just spouting opinionated bs.

There is evidence that leads to an afterlife. Look at it, or don't. Just please stop posting as if you know everything there is to know. That was quite a long post for someone who has neither read the book nor has an open mind anymore.

Good luck on your journey.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Sometimes we get only tidbits of information and once we find a similiar individual who pushes that tidbit forward, do we as individuals move forward with the idea/thought that has been found in that gloable concious network.

OP knocked this one in to the next nearest stadium IMO.
It seems to me that moving forward has to be a decision based on the
individuals own collective information chosen to retain. According to
what is significant, of importance or desired or is tasteful to them.
This creates their own two one way paths. Or one path that reciprocates
in opposite directions, thru what to me is quite obviously a Kingdom.

Yes indeed, a great thread.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Strayed

What if you don't care for uniting with a Source? Even if one did have all they could garner from human experience through going through a hellish cycle of having yourself erased and having your individual human experiences belittled by having them ripped away and replaced with new ones ad nauseum... making the actual human experience wholly artificial and meaningless what then if you would rather not exist than exist as a bland boring monster of a human experience parasite in a sea of other bland boring human experience parasites?

This is an exceptionally negative view, but you are, of course, entitled to it.

No one said anything about having your 'individual human experiences belittled by having them ripped away.'

Who says souls - oh, sorry, "human experience parasites" are 'bland and boring'?

The point is education through experience. But, if you're not interested, you're not. Whatever you think you want is your prerogative. I don't find people 'bland and boring', and I think the purpose is to continue growing.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

I will see the video but there are no taboos in science only in man and science is a process used by man...

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

Cool, watch it and then come back and share some more of your thoughts with us.

It is 'taboo', and the video will explain to you how and why.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Aldrin

Thank you for the thread

You're welcome!

Yes, I understand the feeling of not really 'belonging' - but being compelled to see it through. I don't have any idea how old you are; but as I get older (just turned 55), I understand the 'weariness' of older people that didn't make sense to me when I was in my 20s, 30s, 40s....

Glad you're going to hang in there! Thanks for your contribution to the thread; I'm finding it very interesting so far.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Titen-Sxull
reply to post by PhotonEffect

I've never read any books but here's a brief history of things I've explored:

You should pick up the book I referenced earlier in this thread written by cardiologist Pim van Lommel. This man brings an air of legitimacy to this topic. Only if you're interested though. I'm not here to convince anyone, but it would be nice that before someone criticizes something they've actually done their own research first.

Believe it or not there is nothing religious about this phenomenon as can be gleaned from Dr Van Lommel's thorough research. He's spoken to atheists who have had this experience. Look him up and once you've read some material come back an offer your more informed opinion.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

OP knocked this one in to the next nearest stadium IMO.

Not quite sure how the OP did that, but....I'm glad you're enjoying the thread!!

It seems to me that moving forward has to be a decision based on the
individuals own collective information chosen to retain. According to
what is significant, of importance or desired or is tasteful to them.

Randy, have you ever seen the movie "Defending Your Life"? (Albert Brooks and Meryl Streep, with Rip Torn also as the 'attorney' for one of them.) A delightful rom-com about the 'newly dead' and how it might work.

Funny, and funnily enough, the more I read, the more that movie strikes me as legit.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Not quite sure how the OP did that, but....I'm glad you're enjoying the thread!!

Well, I can't speak for Randy. The formula of how you composed the OP was done beautifully, it took both sides (maybe because of Chris Carter?) that you neither took not only the knowledge from the read, but if I'm correct personal experiance to deliever the OP.

To that, you really did knock it out of the park. I'm proud to share in this thread, the mood/energy and tone throughout is very pleasent. I'm behind you 1000% for what's that worth, the world may never know

I personally haven't read Chris Carter, but I will look into him for a solid reading experiance.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

And just to add some fuel to the thread, purplemer just found some additional information that I feel backs up Chris Carter, from a scientific POV.

Purplemer's Scientific Afterlife Reference for Mrs. Wildtimes~

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Thank you for Your response Sulaw.

Maybe you think im to harsh With mankind, and Your right. But this is 2014 and im impatient.

I could discusse this matter the rest of my life, but this thread was about the evidence of afterlife and im afraid i am messing up this thread With all my thoughts about the state of humans.

Maybe alot of People do fit in, in this world.

But they dont fit in like animals do. Animals eat, breed, hunt etc. But i dont think they care about possessions. They take care of basic needs and some social needs. I do not think they care about personal growt.

So why are we the only specie on this planet that think like that? Why do we feel the need to fullfill something? Why is it not enough to eat, breed and die?

And my conclusion is that this only makes sense if this is a Place to grow and learn.

And because alot of People dont think like that, they cant find meaning in life unless they make meaning of life based on illusions.

How to starve yourself to be thin.
Or put Things inside Your body to look like something else than yourself. To act against Your will because you dont think Your good enough.
Most People dont know true freedom, Dont know how to not label Things and Place them in some small Box. And they get confused when they cant Place you somewhere. When you dont fit the description in the Box you shuld be in.

I love that life is a Wonderland, so i dont like it when people makes it feel like a prison instead.

BTW. I am going to read those books as soon as possible.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Aldrin

BTW. I am going to read those books as soon as possible.

Yay, glad to hear it!!!
I think you'll be surprised and impressed at the unbiased approach. This stuff, in my opinion, is real.

Also: welcome to ATS!

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I think I have read every book I could get my hands on in regards to the afterlife and science. There is no doubt in my mind it exists and perhaps in stages.

Also, there is no doubt in my mind that we evolve in spirit as well as in the flesh. So many reasons why I think Jesus lived many lives to obtain the ultimate goal set out by Adam/Man/Jesus. If his words on the cross ( if he died on the cross) is correct then when he said it's finished... it's really finished. No worries.

I am not trying to debate beliefs as I understand we each have a different philosophy and said philosophy may even change from time to time as we evolve, but it doesn't negate the fact there are many lives to be lived and an afterlife. Consciousness goes on!!

I will check into those books, THANK YOU!
edit on 9-1-2014 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Funny, and funnily enough, the more I read, the more that movie strikes me as legit.

Note self from............ self.

Must see " Defending your Life ". I like Rip Torn.

reply to post by sulaw

Well, I can't speak for Randy.

Must be that grammar thing again eh Wild ?

edit on 9-1-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I've finished it and sadly it did not contribute anything to what I already knew but on the issue of criticism to science, that there is a taboo it conformed to what I stated, there is no scientific taboo there is a social taboo that extends to all levels including academia and so shapes results in the scientific process but not on the validity of the scientific process or science itself. At best and to be precise we can say that there are taboos in the application and results of science...

PS: I liked the issue of not locality of the mind, as I share that "educated" belief to a point (brain = ~radio).
edit on 9-1-2014 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join