It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Claim That Quantum Theory Proves Consciousness Moves To Another Universe At Death

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+81 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

A book titled “Biocentrism: How Life and Consciousness Are the Keys to Understanding the Nature of the Universe“ has stirred up the Internet, because it contained a notion that life does not end when the body dies, and it can last forever. The author of this publication, scientist Dr. Robert Lanza who was voted the 3rd most important scientist alive by the NY Times, has no doubts that this is possible.

www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com...

The ideas come from a relatively new factuality of science known as biocentrism . It has the fundamental idea that consciousness is behind the fabric of the universe and that matter is an epiphenomena of consciousness. A lovely video that will explain it much better than me..

Professor Stuart Hameroff from the University of Arizona has no doubts about the existence of eternal soul. As recently as last year, he announced that he has found evidence that consciousness does not perish after death.

According to Hameroff, the human brain is the perfect quantum computer and the soul or consciousness is simply information stored at the quantum level. It can be transferred, following the death of the body; quantum information represented by consciousness merges with our universe and exist there indefinitely. The biocentrism expert Lanza proves that the soul migrates to another universe. That is the main difference from his other colleagues.

www.learning-mind.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Only if you are good, otherwise you wind up stuck in the ground and sooner or later go into a tree and someone burns you in their fireplace.....Aw heck, why wait so long, just get cremated.

Our consciousness could just get absorbed into the consciousness of the planet. It is all energy.
edit on 9-1-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This sort of fits in with my understanding of the nature of reality, hence why I'm not scared of dying.

This also might dovetail nicely with the multiverse theories that I've been reading about. If there is an infinite amount of universes, you could spend eternity jumping back and forth through them. This, is how I think it really works (on a basic, fundamental level).

Consciousness is almost like a prison in some ways, as we are "locked" into our lives. The deeper we dig for answers, the more questions we have. It is almost like an unsolvable puzzle, a program of sorts designed to keep consciousness busy for ever.

This also might explain past lives, re-incarnation and deja-vu. Lets say someone dies and their "soul" goes into a parallel universe that is almost identical to the one they left. I would imagine there may be, on occasion, a "bleed through" -- or maybe echos of memories from the previously experienced universe.

Now, the Tibetans believe that with enough mental training, one can navigate the "Bardos" and direct their souls into a more favorable reincarnation. I think this may carry some merit. If you have been preparing for death and have a general idea of what is happening, you might be able to keep your wits about you and pick a good alternative universe to be born into.

Cool science article man!

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Not much proof.. Just more beliefs..

From the article:

Lanza believes that multiple universes can exist simultaneously. These universes contain multiple ways for possible scenarios to occur. In one universe, the body can be dead. And in another it continues to exist, absorbing consciousness which migrated into this universe. This means that a dead person while traveling through the same tunnel ends up not in hell or in heaven, but in a similar world he or she once inhabited, but this time alive. And so on, infinitely.

The biocentrism expert Lanza proves that the soul migrates to another universe. That is the main difference from his other colleagues.

Lanza claims that souls are basically information and in that sense, we dont die, instead, information migrates to another universe.

The notion that other universes exsist is simply just another theory until proven. Personally, I believe that there are other universes but regardless, this all just sounds too speculative.

+27 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
..in that other universe,
there's a crackpot group of people
who claim in a past life
they lived on a planet called earth

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Purplemer,
I've long been a huge believer in Quantum Physics as a 'signature' of way more than the mere physical reality of the Universe, so thank you for posting this info!!

The websites are definitely bookmark 'worthy' - in my book, at least
so thank you for linking them both! Haven't watched video yet, but am looking forward to it...

edit on 9-1-2014 by lostgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by lostgirl

If you enjoy QP.. You may well enjoy this book too. I did....The Self-Aware Universeby Amit Goswami

Consciousness, not matter, is the ground of all existence, declares University of Oregon physicist Goswami, echoing the mystic sages of his native India. He holds that the universe is self-aware, and that consciousness creates the physical world. Calling this theory "monistic idealism," he claims it is not only "the basis of all religions worldwide" but also the correct philosophy for modern science. Once people give up the assumption that there is an objective reality independent of consciousness, the paradoxes of quantum physics are explainable, contends Goswami, writing with his wife and Reed ( Building the Future from Our Past ). He also applies his hypothesis to the so-called mind-body schism, which he attempts to heal. Sketching a model of the self, this demanding but rewarding treatise uses analogies from the "new physics" to throw light on choice, free will, creativity, the unconscious and paths to spiritual growth.

I am sure the book is available free online too if you looked

www.amazon.com...

edit on 9-1-2014 by purplemer because: dont dream it...be it...

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Fringe science. My favorite.

How do non-human life forms fit in with this? Maybe I should read the book but maybe someone has the crib notes?

I've always wondered how humans are so arrogant to believe "heaven" is only for them.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

This theory seems to fit some of the experiences people have (NDE & near miss deaths) but one area about it has always bothered me. What about entropy?

If we are indeed conscious because of the quantum information kept within the microtubules of our physical brains when the body is killed how is that not dispersed across the infinite numbers of universe he believes the multiverse contains?

Probably an unanswerable question at this point. Great article!

edit on 786am2727am112014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EsotericGod

This is something I postulated almost 40 years ago when I was 18. I was certain that I had died and just sort of slid into another similar reality where things were all just a little different. I wanted to write a screenplay based on it, but it obviously never went anywhere. I was going to call it "Parallels".

I never really seriously considered the idea that it was anything other than a good idea for a story.

edit on 1/9/2014 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

In that other universe Anne Hathaway is in the kitchen fixing me dinner right now. "Be with you in a minute Anne" I can hear myself say.

This idea makes some sense, but the concept hinges on multi-verse transcendence of ego-reunion with whatever it is that flashes out last.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Awesome, a man of science believes in Heaven.....Join the club Mr. Science....I knew this all along and you needed a lifetime of research to even think this is something that is possible.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
My initial and current response to this:

edit on 9-1-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by EsotericGod

Which is true. Information doesn't die, because information is pure energy. I mean, I guess you could say information does die, because if you scatter the values so that they are incorporated into disparate informative entities, that would mean the end of that particular informative entity's informative identity - if that makes any sense. The end of an identity is death, in a sense. So the change in a sum is the change of identity. In other words, death. So if death is just change...

Oh, philosophy, you complex mistress, you!

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It all sounds cool and all, but there is one problem.

Something anyone can experience and survive.

Unconsciousness, when you get a whack in the head that turns out the light.

When unconscious every brain function is turned off "except lifevital functions", though you might be put in to a coma to keep some functions running.

You don't think or dream as it's not the same as sleep, hear, smell, taste or react to pain.
You have no memory from your time in unconscious state when waking up, you can though dream in the wake up sequence.

It's just dark and full of nothing.

And IMO so is death, you go in to unconscious state and it's over, you had your chance, you either blew it or got rich in life experience.

So if they can explain to me where my mind goes when unconscious, then i will believe in this theory.
edit on 9-1-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It's so great that finally science going to proof and acknowledge that there is more behind all this. But on the other hand how many would chose to die if this getting more knowledgeable and accepted as truth?

I really like the story of Dr Eben Alexander it shows that someone from pure science and facts radically changes in believer..

Great thread..

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Giving you a just deserved bump.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I have been learning recently, that this idea is millenia old. Only now is modern science taking an interest. Why? IMO, it's something I call 'mass induction.' Not talking about mass as in the weight of matter, but as masses of people. Like a domino effect of consciousness. The more people awaken, the more people WILL awaken. I believe that simply by existing, an idea gains propulsion through the systems of consciousness, and humanity becomes aware of them at the most basic level. It then sort of seeps into the conscious mind. Either through a 'godbomb' (epiphany), or through seeming synchronicity. Something will unlock their mind, and it adds another grain of sand to the box. Soon, it will be as a deluge. A new Great Flood, one of understanding and compassion will engulf mankind. It's picking up speed.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Hey, purp....

I was just advised of your thread here by someone participating in mine over in the Psychology/Philosophy forum here:
Science and the Afterlife Experience

The word is out, folks!!!!

YAY!!

S/F

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Bassago

This theory seems to fit some of the experiences people have (NDE & near miss deaths) but one area about it has always bothered me. What about entropy?

If we are indeed conscious because of the quantum information kept within the microtubules of our physical brains when the body is killed how is that not dispersed across the infinite numbers of universe he believes the multiverse contains?

Perhaps our brain is like a library of information and when we die that information is lost with our decomposing body. At least most of it anyway.

This is awesome that a prominent scientist is proposing this. I have thought that maybe when we die our soul does some sort of quantum leap that is similar to an electron making a quantum jump. There have been many times where I felt like I was trapped in my body and most people who I talk to about this sort of stuff feel the same way.

Still I do not think we will ever have a scientific way of proving an afterlife.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join