It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Comes Ion!!!! Look Out Midwest US and Ontario Canada!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I have a 55g aquarium that usually does for us, but between the kid coming and going to daycare, he brings it home and it gets passed to either me or the husband. Someone in this house has had a humidifier in the room because of the cough for the past two or three months.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

I used to have an aquarium.....loved it...maybe get one again someday.
Do you find your fish react to drops in barometric pressure a lot?

Still snowing here....and the temps still really haven't started to drop.
They say we could still get another 3 inches of snow.
Further north form here, much more snow, I guess.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Never noticed the fish reacting to it, but the cats, child and my migraines sure tend to.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Cannot remember what kind they were, but they would lose some of their color and swim around less.
They were a great predictor of big barometric pressure drops.
And, they were not tiny fish, maybe 2-3 inch varieties, and fresh water.

Temperature is starting to really drop now in SE Michigan.....

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Time to make a big pot of chili and some mulled cider!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
First Hercules and now ION right after the intergalactic snowball fight with the Sun, ISON?

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas,

Everywhere I go.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

Did you get your heat in? Is it gas so you have back up in case of a power outage?
Hope all is well for you and yours!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The party is just getting started. I've been reading reports of Fuku about to go into meltdown; the volcano in the Canary Islands may go off, any day; which could lead to a super Tsunami; then you have the debris of Ison headed our way; Planets are supposed to be lining up; the Sun's magnetic pole flip; a huge sunspot facing earth; then, you have the H1N1 flu and Obamacare. Lots of cray-cray going on.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

You left out the swelling pool of magma underneath Yellowstone!!
And what the weight of the snow could be doing to the New Madrid fault line!!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

Ah, the sun's magnetic poles flip every 11 years or so. It's a natural thing. It just means we've hit the solar max for this particular cycle. This is about as hot as it's going to get for cycle 24 (?). If that's the case, I'm soooo looking forward to the next few winters to come.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thanks for askin'. Yeah, I finished it a few hours before it got cold. Made the wife very happy, as there's heat in the entire house and not just the rooms with electric heaters.

Made me happy cause we're back on gas. My electric bill was over 500 bucks last month!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Any key to interpret the map? I'm going to check other sources to see how much my area is targeted for, but while I like the source of the OP maps, they're kinda useless with no key to the color coding.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

dogstar23

Any key to interpret the map? I'm going to check other sources to see how much my area is targeted for, but while I like the source of the OP maps, they're kinda useless with no key to the color coding.

Those are Headline maps, which only have watches warnings and advisories. At this time, most of those are expired or cancelled, only a few cold headlines remain and a couple of winter weather advisories.

You can view the map live at nws.noaa.gov... - The National Weather Service's official website.
edit on 7.1.2014 by Shugo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Just an FYI for people, here are the winds, wind chills, and temperatures at 1810 CST. Wind is represented by the arrows along with the direction (from being the base, to being the point), the temp key is on the side. The sampler has pulled wind speeds from the central portion of the map.

The next storm should begin on Wednesday, but will mainly be a rain/ice producer with up to 3 tenths of an inch of ice (some areas may experience up to one half), and a lot of perceptible rain, as most locations will be well above freezing for the duration of the event.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

I can relate I had to make arrangements with our electric co-op. Good to hear things will be a bit easier on you from here out. Did your wife bake you a cake for your efforts? LOL!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join