It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Comes Ion!!!! Look Out Midwest US and Ontario Canada!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Many parts of the Midwest/Northeast are still cleaning up after Hercules dumped a foot or more of snow in some place. And the aftermath of frigid temperatures...and now the next storm is due in less than 24 hours: ION.

And another 6-12 or more inches of snow is due

www.spc.noaa.gov...
[map from 10:30 EST, Saturday]

[map from 9AM EST, Sunday]

9:30PM EST, Sunday

and
weather.gc.ca...

Stay safe and warm, folks

edit on Sat Jan 4 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: added Ontario

edit on Sat Jan 4 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Jan 5 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Jan 5 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I hope you guys have warm blankets, extra generators, and lots of hot beverages.
You're going to need it.
(I'm thinking mulled wine.)

And stay warm, cozy and safe indoors.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Time to pick up some more propane for my campstove and soup fixins'. I've been negligent in that regard, but lucky as well as my power hasn't crashed.

I do have plenty of beans & Jerky though and as long as I'm under a blanket, that should keep me warm...though smelly.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

We've had terrible storms and rain the last couple of weeks in the UK, but no major reports of snow yet. maybe some in Scotland. Not looking forward to that at all.

Hope you all stock up and stay warm. And don't forget elderly neighbours.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Good thing we're right on the edge of this one although I still don't think anyone is going to want to go outside to shovel even 2" to 4" of snow in the cold that's chasing this storm!

Oh, well, we'll refresh our hot tea and hunker down here. Our power shouldn't get interrupted, and I'm not due back at work until the 15th. Yay for me.

Oh, and I looked at the title of this thread and thought you misspelled ISON ...
edit on 4-1-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
You know what I find alarming about all this? That we name our Winter Storms like hurricanes/typhoons. Have I been living under a rock the whole time or is this a new trend? Because if it is new, holy wake the $#%^ up people! amiright?
edit on 4-1-2014 by Lighterside because: silent k is a sneaky fella

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

High of -7 on Monday and I still haven't finished installing my new furnace.

My name is Robbie and I'm an ATSaholic!

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not so much worried about the snow as I am the sub-zero temperatures. Those are the biggest threats.

But why these people have this absurd urge to personify any type of winter storm is beyond me. I am still left wondering the root cause of all the hype. It is a winter snow storm. It's winter and we get snow and bad weather every year. No surprise, as it is rather normal in these parts. Seriously, do we need to name the storm each time it happens? Is this really necessary or just a way to send people off in a frenzy to the local stores to empty shelves instead of being prepared from the beginning?

I am beginning to think that we turn too many things into entertainment.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Lighterside
You know what I find alarming about all this? That we name our Winter Storms like hurricanes/typhoons. Have I been living under a rock the whole time or is this a new trend? Because if it is new, holy wake the $#%^ up people! amiright?
edit on 4-1-2014 by Lighterside because: silent k is a sneaky fella

The Weather Channel started it last year. They felt it would make people take winter storms more seriously.

I think it's stupid. I always pay attention to the winter weather because it is actually more disruptive than even the worst summer storms unless you are unlucky enough to sustain a direct hit from a tornado or live on the coast where a hurricane can get you.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

Oh, EEEEEEK!
My sister in Wisconsin is facing about -15 as a high on Monday, but not so much snow....good luck on the furnace completion....hope you don't have to snow to deal with too

Tuesday looks to be our coldest day, and maybe we'll be dug out by then

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Dangerously cold conditions will spread into the region Sunday night into early next week behind this system. Wind chill values Sunday night into Tuesday morning will fall to 10 to 30 degrees below zero at times. Precautionary/preparedness actions...

As a single Mom, this is scary stuff. 4 Kids, 2 doggies, 6 cats and 21 chickens...

Been working our buts off trying to get everything in order before this deluge.

Kids are already tooting in rehearsal for this hunker down period...

Beans beans the musical fruit...

Help me...

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Gather wood, Books, paper, fuel etc... don't rely on the system in case this goes longer than expected.

If you end up in a vehicle for warmth don't forget to crack a window as you could end up dead with carbon monoxide poisoning. Cycle engine on and off as the car heats up and cools to conserve fuel. Keep it cool but livable not HOT to conserve fuel.

Many homes have internal walls made of wood. If desperate tear them down and burn it. Remember staying cool is better than warm so you can last longer with the supplies you have. Ventilation...

If you know old people get them to come stay with you so they dont have to rely on themselves to survive. Not only can you help preserve their life but their additional body heat can help you all stay warm.

Good time to lose some weight to conserve food supplies. Diet time.
edit on 4-1-2014 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Cats and dogs can become emergency food supply if it is life and death. They also produce heat so keep them near.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

The naming of the storms certainly got my attention and I live in Florida. It's a good idea it will save lives as it WILL make more people pay attention.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

I worry about people who lose power in these situations, in 07 when we were in a deep ice freeze, no power for a couple weeks the stories surfaced afterwards of just horrific survival and death experiences. You would be surprised at how people think they can rely on the system and have no other preparedness for these types of emergencies.

Noone is safe in this type of event, fire preparedness and an alternate place to go are essential. You cant get out and drive in it even if you have a place to go in an emergency situation like fire. Keeping extra supplies in a garage or shed is advisable until help can come.

My little one said yesterday, so we meet at the mailbox? ?????? We had a revised fire plan last night...

Just a couple minutes exposed in these temps causes frost bite.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Yeah, well, no. My pets own us... they are family not food. We are not overly supplied for sure but we can always eat beans and garden veggies that I canned. WATER is the most important thing to me. People and pets get reallly thirsty in emergencies and power failures where water is rationed.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Brrrrr. Ba ba ba ba baby it's cold outside.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
gees...and out here in Stockton, cal., it's going to be a frigid 63 degrees with clear skies....I might have to wear pants instead of shorts....they say body heat is best, when shared...so...snuggle up to someone naked, preferably someone that you are attracted to. oh...and as an edit....someone that will want to snuggle up to you
edit on 4-1-2014 by jimmyx because: addition

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Aaaaall IIII Knnnnoow, iiitt's bbbbbbbeen aaaaawfully cococold ththese pppppppasst fffffew dddddays.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Yall come on down to sunny warm Georgia. Its going to be 0.f here on Tuesday. Bundle up folks.

When I said I wanted to visit the artic, I didnt mean I wanted the artic to visit me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join