It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Comes Ion!!!! Look Out Midwest US and Ontario Canada!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Anyway, thanks for the thread, PLEASE keep us informed because in a power outage I will come on here after the generator gets started up.

One thing that we did before is to put our freezer outside, the food stayed frozen. We also designated one room in the back of the house as the refrigerator. Closed off the vents and covered the entrance with blankets, but it was perfect as a fridge.

OK I have to get everyone up and continuing to get ready. OH one more thing, people are so used to the forecasts being wrong that they take these types of warnings with a grain of salt. No one seems to care in these parts... Everyone I have spoken to had no idea we even had bad weather on the way...

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

We always have a plan in place, and we always watch what's going to happen. This is one of biggest worries for when we drop our cable. It'll be harder to pick up local forecast info.

The problems occur when nature throws a curve ball. I remember one year when they all forecast some flurries with no accumulation and the "flurries" dropped 8" on us.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

Weatherman just said -50 wind chill for Monday and Tuesday.

*putting phone down, going home and finishing my furnace install.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

-50 Wind Chill!!! Oh my word!! That's very worrying! Hope you get that furnace finished!

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Come down to Tampa Bay, it'll be a balmy 49*F Tuesday, up a few degrees from the 35*F morning low projected. It keeps dropping by a few degrees every day, it wouldn't shock me by any means if the final high forecast for the day was 45* or less.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
My pipes finally unfroze, but I awoke to find my drive way completely filled in with 4-6 foot snow drifts.

I keep telling myself 9 more days until Vegas, but with my luck the airport will be shut down that day due to a blizzard.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I don't think they're gonna be too far off on this one.
Same as the last two...or three

Good ideas on the food/freezer plan.

Interesting about what you said.
Grocery shopping yesterday, the weather, new storm and cold were the talk in most of the stores.
Although, the bread aisle wasn't empty.
The shovels, however, were ALL GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MBMASON

Mine kept freezing as I was doing dishes yesterday, afternoon I finally got the hot water back...

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Found something on the local news I thought you might like to see:

"Major Blizzards in US History"

www.ky3.com...
edit on am131amSat, 04 Jan 2014 10:00:48 -0600 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Have a radio with battery backup for local news. I have a hand crank that has come in handy. We also have a weather band radio but I need to get more batteries as my kids use batteries like crazy on their gaming controllers.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Why do these events always happen when I am broke? I wish I could go shopping...

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yeah it's a real pain in the butt, it took me a full 24 hours to thaw the water meter in my basement , an entire day with no running water. We are lucky we mostly drink bottled water so had plenty of that. But had to melt snow to flush the toilets.
edit on 4-1-2014 by MBMASON because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Well, I live up here in Duluth MN one of the coldest places in the country right now I guess. The map at the bottom of this linked page says it all
wattsupwiththat.com...

Then there is this article. mix108.com... we are some hearty folk up here in the North. So I shouldn't hear anyone else complain about their area (you know which states you are)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

As long as we have power....and not a ton of snow on the roof....we don't complain.

It's pretty damn cold where you are, though....YIKES!!!!
How do you deal with the elements? And how much snow do you have on the ground?
We've found some snow on the roof is pretty good insulation

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
We've had a ton of snow thus far where I live.

Hubby is building up a pretty cool looking wall of snow on both sides of the driveway with the snowblower... it's sitting just under 4 feet high now. Almost deep enough to dig a snow fort into it, LOL.

The yard is sitting under 3 feet of snow with 6 foot drifts here and there, and we've got about 2 feet on our roof.

And we've only just started into January !

I
am
so
sick
of
shoveling
snow

Dammit !

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I live in Indiana - we just had 7.5 inches of snow! It was -10 the other morning. Global Warming..where is that when you need it?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Didnt realize so many members are from up north. No wonder your all so hateful i would be too.

Joking stop hatin!!

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I feel ya! I used to love the winter. But now my heating bill is higher than my A/C bill in the summer. And I keep the thermostat down too!

And where do you get those amazing gifs? That one was pretty cool.
edit on 4-1-2014 by TDawgRex because: Fast fingas

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Shaiker
Didnt realize so many members are from up north. No wonder your all so hateful i would be too.

Joking stop hatin!!

Winters a blast if you can afford it. Otherwise it pretty much sucks.

Ever heard of Cabin Fever?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Ok, got everything together as best we could... now a hot shower and a long winters nap. I will get up later, listen to coasttocoast, play some online games, check in here, do laundry, keep checking the fire, dripping water, snugging the kids in as they kick off the covers. Staying busy seems to help me relax. Ok now zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join