It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

tc842senior
reply to post by Char-Lee

Not sure what to make of this.
Here is the link to NASA pic:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
FYI: Count v4 lines over from the left of the pic and zoom in, you will see it too!

truly weird!I tried to find the original but I don't seem to know how, the panorama has enough weird stuff to keep me looking for months! I can't do anything with them though because i don't know how.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Blue Shift
A fossilized broken bone looks a lot like a rock, which is basically what it is.

That's the biggest problem, a fossil is really a rock.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

The best I can say is go to the URL. Look at the top edge of the picture and count 4 lines from the left side.
Put your cursor right at the top and click and zoom it, you'll see a small brown box, that is the object.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

the shadow on it is odd to say the least, the abrupt shadow at the bottom seemed odd to me, and the undulating apearence of it in total, I had to adjust the levels on the the blowup a fair bit .

o, the video was no great proclamation of undying love , im not in love with you, was just a bit of fun, give the thread a valentines feel a tribute so to speak to all those girls that love mars pics .. seems like ive burnt some fingers tho

funBox

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Char-Lee

tc842senior

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
FYI: Count v4 lines over from the left of the pic and zoom in, you will see it too!

truly weird!I tried to find the original but I don't seem to know how, the panorama has enough weird stuff to keep me looking for months! I can't do anything with them though because i don't know how.

Saw it! How about this little black dino.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

im not in love with you, was just a bit of fun,

Ahh shoot!

Dang I actually forgot Valentines day!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

tc842senior

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Wonder how big it is.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

i took a few of the other rocks from around the same pic ,do you mind running by your explanation again , im not sure i quite follow

can anyone read a word on the blow up at the bottom of the rock? zoom in i swear i never put it there

stormy Valentines stuck in ill is the only reason im eating fruit an sweet things

funBox[
edit on 14-2-2014 by funbox because: no way

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Marsimal

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Blue Shift

Aleister
How much zoom was required?

I don't zoom. So it was pretty close. Maybe they got a better image of it than the thumbnail.

This one doesn't look so spoke-like.
edit on 14-2-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

Thanks. That is pretty close, and small. At a minimum it's a great addition to the "maybe don't know scratchin' the head well, I dunno" file, and maybe the best example we have of these things so far. At least a good one. The search for others continues.

Now wouldn't you think NASA, if it is edging up on the rock, would swing an arm over to grab a real close up view? When would they release such a picture? Because if they didn't, they have a fool for a client.

Or don't get fooled again?

One of those.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Char-Lee, whoo, you've been giving ArMap some spins the last couple of hours. Nice finds. That new large picture is interesting, and I only scanned around it for about a minute. I didn't find the box thing the poster pictured, and will go back to look around it. I can't capture any images from it, every time I try on one of the panning pictures my machine won't grab the right spots.

I like all the older pics you've found and reposted. I'll go look for that one a couple of days ago where it looked like one of these Mars spokey things standing up (optimists illusion).

edit: Haven't found that one yet, but remember this shell from Mario. I held it to my ear and heard the commotion:

MarioOnTheFly
I'm not gonna say it...because my mind tells me it's impossible. Instead, I'm just gonna say that I named the pic....Dolphin.

Still can't find it. But here's a good un by Buzz:

Rocknest PIA-16452 at 5157X, 1321Y Center Frame
Spokes & Hub Amid Rubble

files.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 14-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

funbox
reply to post by Aleister

AHH I knew there was something missing from that gif

funBox
brilliant vision,
speculation is the best fun we earthlings can speculate on,

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

That spokey thing is the most machine looking one i have seen.

Love the Marsimal looking "shell like" smooth thing!

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
You guys....
You're going about it backwards. You see neat rocks then come with cute names.

Your task is to find me a....

Marsupial!

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Not a marsupial, but an ear in the shape of Australia in Arken's new thread where he finds an Aztec statue with a triangle groove eye. D+ for effort and the triangle, but another thread that "rocks on".
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

1 - Areas in direct sunlight. The rock being discussed, because of its shape and position, doesn't have a face in direct sunlight facing the camera;
2 - Area in direct sunlight but in a very low angle, making it less bright than if it was getting the light at a higher angle;
3 - Face of the rock in the shade (or shadow, I never know what to call that, we don't use that distinction in Portuguese);
4 - Shadow of the rock projected on the ground;
5 - Darker area of the rock, either because of being in a different angle, having a different colour or being made of a different material. There are other smaller areas like that on that rock.

I hope that helps understand my interpretation.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by funbox

Gale Lake must have been a mean battleground, with all the chopped up soldiers being found, and the guy with the spear, and helmets and heads, a mean graveyard of ships (as Jeep has said). Makes me glad to be an earthling (and by earthling, I mean martian).

Naval vessels, indeed ... sols 64 to 109, with features that are more reminiscent of hulls & machinery than anything else. It was a "provocative statement" from my first posts on ATS, but I'll stick to that personal interpretation until proven wrong. I'm still wondering why those shapes & formations haven't been imaged up-close!

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The smooth rock - Part II

You just had to look at the stereo pair of the photo you posted to see the side of the rock that was in direct sunlight.

See this.< br />
Having a stereo pair, here is an animated GIF to show the 3D effect...

... and a cross-eye image.

The smooth rock - Part III

There's already a pair of photos from Sol 543.
Here's the image from the left camera and the image from the right camera, with the light shining from a different direction.

The corresponding GIF...

... and cross-eye image.

The image is a little dark, but I thought it better to keep it as it is.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Most likely a rock, but kind of looks like this:

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
While saving the images to make a panorama for Sol 540 I found the first signs I have seen of movement, even if it's just two mini landslides, near the centre of the photo.

0540MR2131022000E1_DXXX

What I find more interesting is that it looks like the landslide happened below those two areas instead of being a slide of the top part of the soil.

edit on 15/2/2014 by ArMaP because: adding a missing "the"

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join