It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

jeep3r
reply to post by ArMaP

Works fine for me in Firefox, including the latest flashplayer plugin.
That's excellent work, ArMaP, as usual ... thanks for posting those updates!

Thanks Armap and Jeeper. Firefox works!

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

well that I agree with you with, along with this rock having a textured upper surface

and at this file size makes that grey soup a lot harder to define

o and ArMaP whats with the quoting two words of my post "how amusing" , that's almost as grey as the soup in some of these pictures
im sure it was all a context of my thought at the time
please quote those not just snippets

funBox

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

If you can't see it try to download it from here. It's a 65.5 MB JPG file.

Edit: although the preview doesn't work it looks like the download button does.
edit on 15/2/2014 by ArMaP because: Link changed to a non-automatic download.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

funbox
please quote those not just snippets

Done.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

cheers ArMaP heres one im dedicating to you , a gesture so to speak

sol 542 rightnav

funBox

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

ArMaP
Edit: just to add a link to the panorama

That is awesome, ArMaP! Thanks for taking the time to make the panorama and sharing the link.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

hey Arken , did you notice in ArMaP's excellent panorama upper left , how long is that protrusion , and how has it survived erosion ?

funBox

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

I thought so , and at the time it was eerie, but then I was in quite a bit of pain, its interesting by chance of light, but its not apparent in the other pics ArMaP posted earlier , although I havnt zoomed and adjust the contrast ,..yet

funBox

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

funbox
reply to post by ArMaP

cheers ArMaP heres one im dedicating to you , a gesture so to speak

sol 542 rightnav

funBox

Good find, aye, the critters come a crawling nearer the Rover, or is it the Rover has crawled over to them - either or, Mars/Earth relationships are the best for it.

This is another one that NASA likely has seen (the other one, Blue Shift's, for sure, they hovered right on top of it) so they're fine with having us snoop around, find, and publish this stuff. It creates an interesting set of characteristics to look for. I wish the NASA people who have spotted this shape would at least let us know how they're ruling it out as a possible fossil (even with a five percent chance? more?), because that would have taken further analysis and close-ups of the one that Blue Shift recently published. The Rover was right there, over it, and they couldn't have missed it. So they at least had a choice to swing an arm over a little ways, lower it, and get some good close-ups.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Char-Lee

ArMaP
While saving the images to make a panorama for Sol 540 I found the first signs I have seen of movement, even if it's just two mini landslides, near the centre of the photo.

0540MR2131022000E1_DXXX

What I find more interesting is that it looks like the landslide happened below those two areas instead of being a slide of the top part of the soil.

edit on 15/2/2014 by ArMaP because: adding a missing "the"

How does everyone get the shots like this from part of the panarama...humm I will never figure it out!

Is the black bug in that picture an image artifact?

How about the crawly Marsinsecteum in the forground?

it looks like a rock eater made a home of this rock!

Char-Lee, you just casually throw that insectiemartian in, like lalala, here's an insect. Whatever it is, it's a pretty complex structure with repeating segments. As always, I am no rock expert, nor insects professor, nor a past or present student of biology or seaology or extra-sensorymarine biology. Just when something looks interesting I'd really like more people with some professional knowledge to do a visual analysis of the doohickeys and flipper-majimits.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

You have found a cannon sir, standing sentry over the valley of rocks and sand, Barsoom lives, and awakes to the rumble of the Roving machine inching its way along their land and scaring the neighbors away.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Just when something looks interesting I'd really like more people with some professional knowledge to do a visual analysis of the doohickeys and flipper-majimits.

I have seen some amazing looking things myself and what others have found. No one is going to seriously look at any of it and we won't be able to verify anything, just go looking for more. I am kinda depressed today, maybe it is the windy rainy day here...maybe because I need to find a Marsimal Marsupial

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Looking is most of the fun, and playing with the stuff is the rest of it. Nice. And I thought I saw one of the marsupials jumping around here somewhere, kind of looks like this...

...but with more rocks and dust.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

im expecting Buzz to come back from his travels with a live an dead specimen of a genuine mars-suopial of sorts

specimen
but I reckon Phage has already found it , just waiting to see if we see

maybe one lives in the little hut rock you found

that's the happy face rock !
he might have a range, like that gurner head , only more pics will tell .. strangly enough theres been a few from mastcam mast 542 and 543 thumbs awaiting download , so theres a chance

funBox

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Ahoy. Little things in little houses...or is that a maroach hotel. The thing that was Char-Lee's insect doesn't have segments, that was again a photo anomaly (those black lines running across it). A pity that another insect may have bitten the dust, or may still be an insect, only unsegmented. I await the new downloads with unbated breath, drawing oodles of doodles of doodles and expecting things to jump around here today for some reason.
edit on 16-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

just pouring my eyes into them now Aleister, some curious rocks

this landscape seem to me to be a bit oooozy, animated at least .. is that a gold vein in the tree shaped rock ?

mast 542

funBox

edit on 16-2-2014 by funbox because: w link

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Yes it is, you have discovered gold on Mars. It will be the biggest gold rush since the Americans signed the papers letting the Indians keep their South Dakota holy land, found gold, and elbowed them out of the way. Gold! Dere be Gold in dem dere Martian hills! Good finds.

The Mars Gold Rush of '14:

"Jedediah, these darn spoke things keep clogging up my goldfishing pan"

But to be serious, it is something new, at least I haven't seen a gold reflection coming off any other Mars rock. Again, a geologist would be good, and if we can lasso that one guy who was wandering around with geologist credentials, hogtie him, and busy him with looking at rocks, we'd know more than we did before he unties himself and escapes.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

funbox
is that a gold vein in the tree shaped rock ?

I think that it should appear much brighter if it was some kind of metal.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

*prepares the horses*

had to go back in time to 540 , they have this habit of adding pictures a few sols later, must have thought these were interesting enough to download in retrospect,

rewind to 540

reply to post by ArMaP

maybe , or it could have a light dusting of martian soil , it struck me as note worthy , whatever it is

funBox
edit on 16-2-2014 by funbox because: add

edit on 16-2-2014 by funbox because: * wolves demand the keyboard cleaned

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by funbox

Yes it is, you have discovered gold on Mars. It will be the biggest gold rush since the Americans signed the papers letting the Indians keep their South Dakota holy land, found gold, and elbowed them out of the way. Gold! Dere be Gold in dem dere Martian hills! Good finds.

The Mars Gold Rush of '14:

"Jedediah, these darn spoke things keep clogging up my goldfishing pan"

But to be serious, it is something new, at least I haven't seen a gold reflection coming off any other Mars rock. Again, a geologist would be good, and if we can lasso that one guy who was wandering around with geologist credentials, hogtie him, and busy him with looking at rocks, we'd know more than we did before he unties himself and escapes.

goanhh huh curiosity is contaminating the place ! quick, hit the self destruct before we wipe out the entire race of blueits ! never mind the gold/, think of the children

looking at it more, it does have a lower reflectivity than a metal would have , its more akin to bone than metal I refractive index wise

funBox

new topics

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join