It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

this best be it , my eyeballs are worst than the guy who leapt of a pier in India and , well , lets just say it wasn't good

@Blueshift

are you a marine biologist by any chance?

funBox

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

By George, I think you've got it! Not the finest looking example of the species (species of rock, who's on first), but still posing to the camera. And you best rest those weary eyes, the long work of a day on Mars starts to chip away at the sanity section of the brain. Just wait till they land one on Venus, where the spoke creatures and shell-guys have fangs, furry claws, and take their prey sunny-side up.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

A suggestion about our pics, please don't use thumbnails. We are about to pass the "Forest on Mars" thread for the most posts on a Martian thread, and I was looking at its last pages, and, take page 56 for example (link below). The posters seem to have been finding pic after pic of martian finds, some sounding very interesting, but every thumbnail I clicked on was gone. All of them, and there are many, have been whoosed out of the internet. The posters there, finding thing after thing, don't have a record of it.

Does anyone know why? Were they lost here on some code turnover, or lost on the NASA sites?

So please post our pictures on the thread. Here is page 56 of that thread, maybe your browser will see the pics where mine couldn't.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And congrats everyone, for making this the most posted on Martian thread on ATS (at least it will be any post now).
edit on 16-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Not an anomaly but just interesting
heart shaped formation at 2 o'clock on this image.
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

darkorange
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

And it may be the best find of all....a Valentine to the Earth, from Mars (and darkorange), on Valentine's Day week.

Mars is a romantic at heart.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Aleister

darkorange
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

And it may be the best find of all....a Valentine to the Earth, from Mars (and darkorange), on Valentine's Day week.

Mars is a romantic at heart.

Yes, Mars is cool like that.

Curious stone looks like a helmet of some sort. Middle of the image
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Probably was already posted.

edit on 17-2-2014 by darkorange because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

So please post our pictures on the thread. Here is page 56 of that thread, maybe your browser will see the pics where mine couldn't.

Pity. I can't see any of those links either.

There was this NASA link that worked though! marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

So I went looking around and found this critter, center right:

Look like a long tailed badger.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

funbox
reply to post by Char-Lee

the rate at which you find rockstuff Charlee , you seriously need to get some new software , did you try paintshop pro ? I can get a gif on the go ?
, and its much easier than photoshop

from MRO , if someone could help refind the link it would be appreciated, downloaded it a few days ago and cannot find the right place on the jpl site

uncertain to what the little round thing is ? a sandtrap?
unusual plateau , the way the rocks faces angle in towards the cliff , struck me as odd

funBox
edit on 16-2-2014 by funbox because: wo l f s ,,

Aww ... you beat me to it, funBox!

I was also preparing some pics on that disc-like feature. Good work, though, thanks for bringing this to our attention. Here we go homing in on that formation (white-balanced, to the west of Dingo Gap):

And here goes the source image:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Amazing discovery Jeep3r!

A very big and bright anomaly...

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Cheers Jeep3r,, the sites a bit horrible to navigate sometimes I can carry on making a gif of the region with that link, see if there are any changes
, honestly the area looks disturbing to me at certain contrast levels , theres a place nearby, ive lost it temporarily,. the mountain side looks like it has a path or stair winding up it, but it all looks odd , ill get a gif up when I can but its hard work , these files are much larger than the rovers..

funBox

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Arken
reply to post by jeep3r

Just to keep the record straight (I'm fussy about that, blame the messenger), the UFO landing pod was first discovered and posted here by funbox, and then independently by Jeep (great minds thinking alike and scary). A good find for both of them. Is the Rover scheduled to be anywhere close to the area, at least enough to get a long-range pic of it?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Blue Shift
This is not an eroded clam fossil on the right:

Is that supposed to be a cross-eye image? The effect isn't working for me, did you use the right side image for the left side and vice versa?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Arken
reply to post by jeep3r

Much appreciated, Arken ... although the credit for this one definitely goes to funBox, without the shadow of a doubt!

I wonder what it is, though. First thought was: Curiosity's parachute, but that's located a few hundred feet to the north. Second thought was: heatshield, but that would have left an impact crater and some other debris ... so what is it? Difficult to say, let's hope someone over at NASA/JPL will get curious enough to check it out!

edit on 17-2-2014 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Interesting flat stone features. Rover went right over it...

Sol 017

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

MarioOnTheFly
Interesting flat stone features. Rover went right over it...

Sol 017

The object at the top cent is interesting and look at the odd break shape of the rock at the bottom left.
Was there a picture showing the are before they ran over it?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

windword

Pity. I can't see any of those links either.

There was this NASA link that worked though! marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

So I went looking around and found this critter, center right:

Look like a long tailed badger.

This area seems full of grisly remains, the cat like skull with teeth in your picture many skulls and bones of different creatures all in one place.
Seems to be two of this kind of animal.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

A suggestion about our pics, please don't use thumbnails.

Very good suggestion. So very sad, I hate reading old threads and having the pictures lost because they were not in the thread but linked. Sometimes it is stuff gone from the web no longer to be found.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I don't think so...there are a few different shots...but the feature looks the same in everyone.

The thing I'm not sure about...if those are solid stone blocks or dirt compressed by the rovers tracks.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

to me it looks like an electric eel...

Good find.

edit:

not sure what you guys call this creature...we call it Murina. I don't think it's an eel.

edit on 17-2-2014 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by windword

to me it looks like an electric eel...

Good find.

edit:

not sure what you guys call this creature...we call it Murina. I don't think it's an eel.

But also look at the object it is leaning on.

This looks alive to me at the back of the picture.

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 17-2-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join