It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Not sure if this was mentioned, but on
this image it looks like the rover has lost a nut while
driving over that displaced stone.
www.nasa.gov...
You can see it between tracks to the right of the stone with arrow pointing to it.

))

edit on 16-2-2014 by darkorange because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

funbox

Aleister
reply to post by funbox

Yes it is, you have discovered gold on Mars. It will be the biggest gold rush since the Americans signed the papers letting the Indians keep their South Dakota holy land, found gold, and elbowed them out of the way. Gold! Dere be Gold in dem dere Martian hills! Good finds.

The Mars Gold Rush of '14:

"Jedediah, these darn spoke things keep clogging up my goldfishing pan"

But to be serious, it is something new, at least I haven't seen a gold reflection coming off any other Mars rock. Again, a geologist would be good, and if we can lasso that one guy who was wandering around with geologist credentials, hogtie him, and busy him with looking at rocks, we'd know more than we did before he unties himself and escapes.

edit on 16-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

goanhh huh curiosity is contaminating the place ! quick, hit the self destruct before we wipe out the entire race of blueits ! never mind the gold/, think of the children

looking at it more, it does have a lower reflectivity than a metal would have , its more akin to bone than metal I refractive index wise

funBox

Bones! Dere be bones in dem dere hills!

That'd be something, worth its weight in gold, I reckon.

That new downloaded picture, where you found the buried chestrock, is an interesting outcrop of spikey rocks (I learned from the best geologist in my school to call them spikey rocks), and the extensions off of the rocks that you've been pointing out seem to be in abundance there. Down memory lane: Remember that time Phage found a shell in a picture of no rocks? Ah, the good old days.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

darkorange
Not sure if this was mentioned, but on
this image it looks like the rover has lost a nut while
driving over that displaced stone.
www.nasa.gov...
You can see it between tracks to the right of the stone with arrow pointing to it.

EDIT: Or there is another object which could be a nut (maybe the one you mean?) way over to the right of the larger rock. Interesting, and I hope not (although it does seem to have well-spaced sides, like a nut), and I wonder if the Rover even had nuts on it, that seems like low-tech for such a machine.

That seashell-thing-rock over on the left is a nice find. The other object you mention may be just the Rover knocking the dust off of that portion of a rock, or turning it over a bit so its underside is shown. It seems to me that many, if not most, of the rocks on Mars are white - whenever the rover dusted off an area in preparation for a drilling it seemed to discover that the rock under the dust was white.

Nice finds.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

the object im referring is at 1 o'clock on that picture. just to be sure we are talking of the same thing.

looks like a nut that is part of the rover..very funny)))

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by darkorange

are you meaning this ?

seems to have a similar divot next to it , has this flipped to ?

funBox

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

darkorange

the object im referring is at 1 o'clock on that picture. just to be sure we are talking of the same thing.

looks like a nut that is part of the rover..very funny)))

The one I thought you meant is directly right of the "north" end of the big rock in the middle. It is a six-sided metal looking piece, and looks exactly like a nut. If you didn't mean that one (I see something going towards one o'clock as well) then there is a hardware store up there.

edit: Yes, the one funbox pic'ed is the one I was seeing. Close up it doesn't look so much like a man-made nut.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

yeah , almost looks like a dry wall that feature, and the structure reminds me of previous sarcophaguses shaped rocks

as for the dinosaur head
mars rocks have a sense of humour at least

ahh Phage's shell, fantastic , although i'm thinking he's got another fantastic find to post
quit keeping us in suspense Phage

funBox

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
yes, I was referring to that object all along.

I don't think it is part of the rover's suspension, hardly nuts of that size were on rover design.

yes, that 'nut' looks like fell off, then hit the ground, bounces and leaves a mark on the thin sand layer a little west from were it is now.

thank you, good people

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Good people? Where?

I think the mark you're seeing just west of the "nut" is an example of photoJPEG artifact, lines and bumps and slashes which exist only in the image and not on the ground. If you read back in this thread (all 1100+ posts, hahahahaha) you will find lots of people (me) getting excited over photo and pixel artifacts which I later learned how to spot. This thread is like a college course in smart and dumb (I'm trying to get passing grades in both), and when something is spotted nearer the camera that removes just a little more of the "pixel artifact" explanation (all explanations include "rocks"). Good to meet you.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Aleister

Good people? Where?

I think the mark you're seeing just west of the "nut" is an example of photoJPEG artifact, lines and bumps and slashes which exist only in the image and not on the ground. If you read back in this thread (all 1100+ posts, hahahahaha) you will find lots of people (me) getting excited over photo and pixel artifacts which I later learned how to spot. This thread is like a college course in smart and dumb (I'm trying to get passing grades in both), and when something is spotted nearer the camera that removes just a little more of the "pixel artifact" explanation (all explanations include "rocks"). Good to meet you.

I am hardly excited over this one. It just was funny at that moment to think it is part of the rover. I made a parallel to my car ongoing suspension problems.

good to meet you too and all members here.)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

mars-suopial

Purrfect!

edit on 16-2-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

When I saw it was you who first mentioned the divot next to the "nut" I put in more minutes, and there aren't any similar divot looking holes around, so maybe it twas. A disservice to DarkOrange, who I just met, and, after a quick glance at the picture, assumed he was seeing a photo artifact. But what caught my attention during this picturewide search was the position of the Rover and its camera.

What was the possible scenario? Did the Rover slip and slide and meander down into an area it knew was rough sailing, then, after sliding around, circle around to the other side, just to take a picture of the shell-like object? It could be another one of the flip rocks, or an actual shell, or just a interesting rock (3rd choice probably, I always go with rocks now, but ask questions about them). It might have caught NASA's attention, unless the only intent of the position was to take a picture of its own tracks to analyze what was unsettled. But as long as the Rover was right there, maybe they have a close-up.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

darkorange
yes, I was referring to that object all along.

I don't think it is part of the rover's suspension, hardly nuts of that size were on rover design.

yes, that 'nut' looks like fell off, then hit the ground, bounces and leaves a mark on the thin sand layer a little west from were it is now.

thank you, good people

I think these are all shells plus the one FunBox enlarged.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

it could be ..

funBox
edit on 16-2-2014 by funbox because: wolves with napkins appeared

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Here is the thing...I say there are shells and fossils all over Mars. IF you could ask anyone who knows me I am never wrong...soooo that's it. Fossils and shells.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I haven't the foggiest Aleister, maybe it had a little to much wd40 , trod in something , flicked it off its tracks , then wiped the rest clean on the proverbial grass, drunken antics ide say . but as you have said , where are the new pictures of the interior , a teaser picture of the lip , nearly a month ago? talk about juicing,

*funBox checks the undercarpet for smoke&shadows and microscopic nano-cockroaches*

funBox

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

funbox

it could be ..

funBox
edit on 16-2-2014 by funbox because: wolves with napkins appeared

And Purrfect! Again!

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Char-Lee
reply to post by funbox

Here is the thing...I say there are shells and fossils all over Mars. IF you could ask anyone who knows me I am never wrong...soooo that's it. Fossils and shells.

If you are never wrong....that does it, agreed. I know that "knowingness" is real, and if his feels so right to you, and you and others are coming up with pretty convincing shells and fossils, it adds to the chance that you are totally right.

To funbox: Soup for you!

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

from what ive seen so far I would agree, all manner of odd looking things , it makes sense really , if it used to be a lake of liquid water, and life was there , things die get left in the silt , then ( a huge change ) water retreats to caps and underground, the surface becomes arid, silt layers get erroded away by current conditions ,

and like a farmers field , thing being constantly turned over year after year, buried, exposed , buried exposed, shifting sands burying and revealing the past ,ill bet in a hundred years there would be a lot of change in the crater.... what I would like to see is a mars timeline , its scientifically reasoned history so to speak, some of the numbers seems like sheer guesswork to me , billions of this and that , how accurate
I think ill do a search

found one , courtesy of Nasa

big numbers and much guesswork, must be in the wording

funBox
edit on 16-2-2014 by funbox because: add

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

I don't understand this object, is the spikes in front the same shadow as behind?

Middle of this
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join