It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

ArMaP

Char-Lee
Or it could be a fossilized spine or tail. I have been looking at really old fossils and I am stunned at how many objects we are seeing that are so like them.

That's funny, because I have seen only a handful of rocks that really look like fossils.

Edit: I forgot to add that, many years ago, I spent some time looking for fossils on a construction site in the middle of Almada, where I live. That's how I got a Charcarodon Megalodon tooth.

edit on 14/2/2014 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

Really I feel just the opposite. It has always been an interest of mine. I studied Geology and Anthropology in college. We have a friend who is serious enough about the subject that many of his great finds have been written up in pro journals, unfortunately he is seriously ill so I can't get any imput from him.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

The only problem is that the "spoke object"

We have seen many spoked shapes.

There are many forms of sea life that whole or part look like spoke shapes also. Clearly we can't look for an exact match this is not the same planet, but similarities would make sense.
edit on 14-2-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

hehehe
a girl from Mars , doubt ive seen such passion

funBox

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Char-Lee

funbox
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

im guessing your meaning this

funBox

I think size also should not be taken into account as some things have grown smaller or larger throughout time even on earth.

en.wikipedia.org...:Arhimedes3d.jpg

Things like this look familiar

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Aleister

funbox

I found them , your right, tiny things , what type of errorsion is going on there?

funBox

Ah, yes, very good. That's one for the geologists among us (none, the one ATS has hasn't come to this thread) to explore. And as a catch-all thread, this is a good place to "find them first" and let the pickin'at the bones begin.

there are many types of fossil tube worms...could be.

www.discoveringfossils.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

some great pics to compare with Char-lee , liked the clam ones so familiar

was digging about sol542 fronthaz has something else been digging about too ? this mound/rock has a softness too it with a darker shadow on top ( in direct sunlight) what could cause that diffusement of light on a rock? its surface must be loose or extreamly light absorbent.. see pic

funBox

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

funbox

hehehe
a girl from Mars , doubt ive seen such passion

funBox
take your mask off funbox!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

you really want to see wurzle gummage ? I prefer the scorpion addition

funBox

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Char-Lee
Giant clam fossils look like a lot of objects we have seen.

No.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse

Blue Shift
Here's a little one. A piece of some kind of spokey ring thing.

Oh, and what else would you expect to find in a river?

edit on 10-2-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)
a sealion(honks like a seal) thats made my day thanks

Fishies can come in "flat"
AUSTRALIA'S biggest fish fossil has been discovered on the ancient inland sea of northwest Queensland.
huntnetwork.net...

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

No.

We do have very similar looking old clams...my comparison clam may not be identical but to me the many of these similar looking things I have seen look like life forms.

The one with the thing sticking out, that may not be a part of the clam, may be a coral.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Not sure what to make of this.
Here is the link to NASA pic:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
FYI: Count v4 lines over from the left of the pic and zoom in, you will see it too!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Char-Lee
And of course the similarity of the nasa jelly donut. And a fossil earth bivalve

I don't think they are that similar, only the general shape.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

funbox

some great pics to compare with Char-lee , liked the clam ones so familiar

was digging about sol542 fronthaz has something else been digging about too ? this mound/rock has a softness too it with a darker shadow on top ( in direct sunlight) what could cause that diffusement of light on a rock? its surface must be loose or extreamly light absorbent.. see pic

funBox

Strange. Looks all wrong.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Char-Lee
We do have very similar looking old clams...my comparison clam may not be identical but to me the many of these similar looking things I have seen look like life forms.

Most of the fossils we (me, my sister and a friend) found were from several types of clams (or whatever those bivalves are called), none looked like what we see on Mars.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

ArMaP

Char-Lee
And of course the similarity of the nasa jelly donut. And a fossil earth bivalve

I don't think they are that similar, only the general shape.

Well we have some near exact matches (even red inside) if a person wanted to be precise instead of getting a quick example.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

funbox
this mound/rock has a softness too it with a darker shadow on top ( in direct sunlight) what could cause that diffusement of light on a rock?

The shape and material from which the rock is made. And that side is not in direct sunlight, only a small part (obviously the brighter one).

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Char-Lee
Well we have some near exact matches (even red inside) if a person wanted to be precise instead of getting a quick example.

Well, I don't remember seeing one that matches the whole shape (the shape as seen from above and the three dimensional shape, with that highly concave shape).

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
My experience with archeological/paleontological examples is that some of them look exactly like something (a fish or a leaf, or whatever), but many of them don't look like much of anything until an expert points out what they are. Especially broken pieces of something. A fossilized broken bone looks a lot like a rock, which is basically what it is. That's why I prefer to look for something more obvious and something that would logically and reasonably be found in that area, if it was alive and evolved, etc. Sponges, reeds, small bivalves or molluscs. Things that could utilize the oxygen in the water.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Rope

center right

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join