It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Char-Lee

papajake

MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by Aleister

A cave entrance

It would be awesome if you found a cave entrance. Have you checked the scale of that area to confirm it's large enough to have a cave with a tiled entrance?

The people are tinie weenie so perfect...

Like this guy

Women are from Venus and Question Marks are from Mars?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Hey peeps some more tracks from way back sol 389 mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

PLEASE NOTE obvious machinery just left of center and down a bit.. A spark plug or drill type gun thing

edit on 13-2-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse
Hey peeps some more tracks from way back sol 389 mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

PLEASE NOTE obvious machinery just left of center and down a bit.. A spark plug or drill type gun thing

Wow, that really does look like a some kind of crusty old tool. Nice find!

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

funbox
reply to post by Dianec

indeed there was a thread on this with some great info and discussion

Mystery rock appears..

I eager to see more photos of the interior of the rock , the red bit , to me it looks kinda blue on the interior see pic

funBox

edit on 12-2-2014 by funbox because: spelling wolves

But NASA said the inside was bright red. Sure looks blue so I am really wondering about Mars colors. Ah I read back a page I see you already noted that :-)
edit on 13-2-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

ArMaP

Char-Lee
I don't understand how to use the pixel address.

What software do you use?

Ahhh well, when I download a photo I use a very old Image expert...when they open on the web...ahhh

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

taking their sweet time about it , maybe they just want to make sure , triple check before making any further announcements, got to say the anticipation is boring me senseless

funBox

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

im guessing your meaning this

funBox

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

That looks like an old battle cannon, aye, and one that with just a little bit of elbow grease (and chipping the barnacles off the side) would be ready to fire at the wee ships again.

Gale Lake must have been a mean battleground, with all the chopped up soldiers being found, and the guy with the spear, and helmets and heads, a mean graveyard of ships (as Jeep has said). Makes me glad to be an earthling (and by earthling, I mean martian).
edit on 13-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Aleister
That looks like an old battle cannon, aye, and one with just a little bit of elbow grease (and chipping the barnacles off the side) would be ready to fire at the wee ships again.

That's my ray gun. Mom told me not to leave it out in the rain, and now it's all rusty.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

ahoy Aliester , Blueshift , yep , its a bit decrepid looking, definatly well past its 'kill lots of humans' sell by date, in fact it pretty much looks how I feel ,

*deep treamor eminate from some deep down well in funBox, taps and valves threaten to open and close in a non organised fashion*

yep feeling crook, will be my last gif tonight , instead im going to recharge with a early night :O

funBOx

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

ArMaP

Blue Shift
The rover team guys just love stratification.

Stratification shows the story of the place.

There's plenty where they are. They don't have to travel long distances to look at more, but they want to. They're like your dad driving the family on vacation. In a big hurry to get to the destination, not stopping to look at cool stuff along the way.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

maybe theres a bar fiull of wd40 waiting at the tram rail bars

funBox
edit on 13-2-2014 by funbox because: double wolves

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Yeah thats the part that sunk this ship mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
Looks like it was in dock,you can see one of the things they tie the boats too at the right. The boat stretches across the image,50ft battle cruiser perhaps ,thanks for doing the zoom.
sol 540

Some good stuff coming up judging by nasa thumbnails

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse

Some good stuff coming up judging by nasa thumbnails

Yes, some of the latest low-res 'thumbnail previews' look quite promising, like this one for example (acquired on sol 540):

Would be interesting to see what that looks like in full resolution, that notch-like cut-out will probably turn out to be much less dramatic and pronounced, but let's wait and see (source).

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Blue Shift
There's plenty where they are.

Not really, we can see three or four layers, the whole mountain is made of layers, so the lower area, accessible to Curiosity, has much more layers, so the "story" is longer and older.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

ArMaP
Not really, we can see three or four layers, the whole mountain is made of layers, so the lower area, accessible to Curiosity, has much more layers, so the "story" is longer and older.

Just like I said. They're like tourists. They want to see grandeur.

It's too bad the rover doesn't have a simple rock hammer on it to bust apart those layers and find the fossils in-between. Maybe next time!

edit on 14-2-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

yep looks like there been another massive influx of pics

totally seeing the battleship , here's a artistic impression overlay

uncanny

reply to post by Blue Shift

ahh Mr Blueshift, have you found another fossil , you getting quite a collection now, have any links for them pics? look interesting enough for a overlayed gif.. I take it they're from two photos?

funBox

edit on 14-2-2014 by funbox because: of a bad case of worms

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Blue Shift

ArMaP

Just like I said. They're like tourists. They want to see grandeur.

It's too bad the rover doesn't have a simple rock hammer on it to bust apart those layers and find the fossils in-between. Maybe next time!

edit on 14-2-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

Ah, Blue Shift the magician of Mars, that first one looks mighty close to the camera unless that's an optician's illusion. How close is it to the camera which took it? If close, that is the miner's gold standard. The second one, no less impressive, seems further away. tis it a long distance, or within a walk?

Edit, few minutes later: Ah, it seems to be the same rock --- which means, maybe, possibly, NASA drove the rover over (red rover red rover) to give an observational to it. If so.....then they've been looking at the same things we've been looking at. That's all one scenario anyway, may be furthest from the truth...or spot on to the elusive truth. And yes, it has the undulating rim.
edit on 14-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Martian: "npgbp3q b-333-3 npvj

vnrnrn

va;poikkdkdkdkd"

Translated (by the Translator2000): "You sunk my battleship!"

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

AHH I knew there was something missing from that gif

funBox