It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzDengue

interesting stuff Buzz, sticks out like a sore thumb

reply to post by Char-Lee

mini blue it airways , could you fassen your safety belts please, all cats and marsimals on a leash.

funBox

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse

Char-Lee
reply to post by funbox

How about a little aircraft? Bottom right.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
yep and the glowing rod bottom left corner and my favorite propella bottom right corner, off one of my first threads.. thankyou charlee
www.abovetopsecret.com...
You live and learn.
edit on 11-2-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

Nice not often others choose the same odd stuff I choose! Maybe a mini flying creature. I assume it is pretty small.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

BuzzDengue
reply to post by jeep3r

PIA17360.TIF
Target at 393X, 139Y (No Hard to Find...)
How has this one been explained away?
http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/jq52fad680.png

Aw man, now you've gone and done it. After all of us looking for strange Martians, you go and find that the life on Mars are giant cockroaches.

Seriously, that's an interesting thing, and as another illusion (or is it?) it seems to be lifted a bit with insectly legs underneath (again, our brain reading out images we are familiar with or hard-wired to see in the environment). Or is it a larger rock that's popping up over the sand horizon. Good one. Have you gone back over this thread, from, say, four hours ago on up? Lots of really unique finds.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse

Char-Lee
reply to post by funbox

How about a little aircraft? Bottom right.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
yep and the glowing rod bottom left corner and my favorite propella bottom right corner, off one of my first threads.. thankyou charlee
You live and learn.
edit on 11-2-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

that's not a bad one

funBox

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

You have misidentified that as a cockroach, it is CLEARLY a gigundo Queen-Mother termite, jeeeesh, get it right... (and likely starving to death, I might add.)

Yes, you are correct, you can see under it... the bluish background, it is elevated... and I believe reflective. It would be nice to see one of the images from the other filters of the Mastcam R2 or R7 would be nice, if I got to pick.

edit on 2014/2/11 by BuzzDengue because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I see what you mean on the new finds! SOLS 538-539-540 new data... I didn't want to sleep anyway... ugh

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

SOL 540 NRB_445440060EDR_F026110
Target Location 740X - 603Y
Vertical Disk, as the shadow cast...
With patterned perforated circumference (even the shadow shows this)
and solid center area.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

getting your technique down Buzz,, what package did you resort to in the end?

funBox

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

I stuck with IrfanView (Free) and got all my settings tweaked-in for highest resolution viewing... yes, getting easier now. Thanks much for the guidance and input!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

BuzzDengue
Yes, you are correct, you can see under it... the bluish background,

No, what can be seen under that flat area is not bluish as the background, the background colour has more blue than red or green, the area under that flat part has more red than green and more green than blue.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Your vertical disk with perforated edges, another nice find (depending on the pixel and artifact noise). If it's not too distorted of a picture, I can make out what look like spokes inside the object, spokes which "fit into" the edges of the rim where it undulates/dips. The middle circle is larger in comparison to the spokes than in most spoke pictures, and is not raised with the central vug, but, just free-wheeling it here in totally imaginary speculation, that could be on the other side (although as a Heinlein fair witness, as we ought to be with these pictures, we of course can only see one side and that's all we can visually analyze).

For those who may come to this thread in a few years, when the reading level in society has dropped below the bookline, and who don't know what a Heinlein fair witness is - and "groking" this can relieve a lot of stress in some people who work off of assumptions on a daily or minute-by-minute basis - in A Stranger in A Strange Land the old writer has a woman fair witness who works for him. He's talking to someone else in the car (the Martian?) and says he'll show him what he means. He asks his fair witness what color the house is that the car is passing. She says "It's white on this side", because that's all the sensory information she has.

Here's a new thread by Arken about the long lines in the sand on Mars. Posters came up with dust devils as an explanation. A poster sees a skeleton in one picture, but no pics (as yet), just directions on where to find it, and to me it was easily seen to be rocks and distance illusion. The thread:

And here's a link to a December page about the next destination of the Rover, KMS-9, which includes a nice overhead pic of the site:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov... C74093E5D8F88B0CCDC9C70ADA4412E0DB0AC9CA037BCE2E00CEFB4ADD0ACAD3D20906C7D1D220C5AFCBABFBC2EFD1CBD1CD85DF0C

Images of locations in Gale Crater taken from orbit around Mars reveal evidence of erosion in recent geological times and development of small scarps, or vertical surfaces. These two images come from the High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment (HiRISE) camera on NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter. ...

The image on the right shows the KMS_9 area, which Curiosity may investigate on the rover's route to Mount Sharp. The purple arrow points to the contact between the lowermost striated unit and the middle bedded unit. The yellow arrow marks the contact between the middle bedded unit and the upper smooth hummocky material. It is possible that the rocks adjacent to these scarps have also been only recently exhumed and exposed due to wind erosion.

edit on 12-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

The "holes" look like JPEG artefacts, and I don't see how the holes could appear as a darker shadow on the ground.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

BuzzDengue

SOL 540 NRB_445440060EDR_F026110
Target Location 740X - 603Y
Vertical Disk, as the shadow cast...
With patterned perforated circumference (even the shadow shows this)
and solid center area.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

I think there might be a slight misconception here ... the section you selected for your zoom is solely 20 x 20 pixels in dimensions (the original navcam image is 1024 x 1024 pixels). Your seemingly round holes are most probably the result of blowing such a small section up and smoothing the images in the process via oversampling.

There is no way to get such details out of a 20 x 20 pixel section unless you more or less 'manipulate' the pic via excessive zoom settings and oversampling. If you zoom in, switch off oversampling and adjust the contrast stretch, you get this:

Apparently, we now look at something that pretty much resembles a rock with a flat side facing the viewer, the 'rings' are much less pronounced and may well be compression artifacts. Let's wait for the MastCam100 images of that very same feature so that we can check whether or not these rings are still there ...

Also, Buzz, could you please post direct links to the original source images instead of just giving us the image ID to look up? Thanks in advance!
edit on 12-2-2014 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
3 skull like...uh...rocks...with just so happen to be near each other...innocently similar looking...with distinct 2 black holes

or

3 spider like creatures with a pair of big black eyes crawling the martian floor...

You tell me 'cos I'm obviously seeing things...

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Animal skull most likely...with 2 nasal cavities. The only such "white" rock in the source.

source

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

I've been examining the source pic, and there are some interesting areas in there. Lots of strata, and some very flat thin large rocks laying upon other rocks. There's a rock bear, nice lighting effect, and a rock that looks like it has snow on it but that's probably a very reflective surface. Lots of spoke things, but at distances which would wash out in the pixel game. A very nice area of Mars exploration, the strata alone are worth tneir weight in Martian gold deposits.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Interesting to say the least...

check this out...

A cave entrance

Close up...see the tile on the floor of the entrance.

Than...above the cave, on the roof...there is an intricate web of canals...they are either dug by hand or by water erosion. Take your pic. To me it looks hand made to perhaps serve as a water drainage system off the roof of the cave.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

MarioOnTheFly

A cave entrance

It would be awesome if you found a cave entrance. Have you checked the scale of that area to confirm it's large enough to have a cave with a tiled entrance?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

papajake

MarioOnTheFly

A cave entrance

It would be awesome if you found a cave entrance. Have you checked the scale of that area to confirm it's large enough to have a cave with a tiled entrance?

Nope...it's difficult to tell from that link...no measurements. And nothing in the area is "familiar" to compare with...is there somewhere on NASA sight where one can look it up ?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Char-Lee

papajake

funbox
did you make a gif

funBox

Link to source.

From your photo Lizard!

Reminds me of the Goa'uld from Stargate....

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join