It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does everyone mysteriously hate/dislike me for no reason? Is the shadow gov behind it?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wutdouthink

I just grabbed a photo from the two different accounts in your screen name and his.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

JBA2848

I just grabbed a photo from the two different accounts in your screen name and his.

Well you have made a mistake. Please take up your concern with a mod.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Could be the other user trolled you then? And I have seen that before.
Sorry if your not involved with it.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

edit on 31-12-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

you live in a constant state of doubt. How can you ever realize anything that you perceive as positive if everything is veiled in doubt? The change that you yearn for starts within you, then it is expressed through conscious action that reflects your inner change and motivation. These things can only happen if you truly want and choose that they do. If you find those changes and feelings in an exterior source (e.g. a boyfriend) then you must remember that those ideas/words are from the exterior of your existence, and must be viewed as such. Do not allow an outside force to dictate the outcome of your decisions, for if you truly know yourself then you truly know the answers.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

JBA2848

Could be the other user trolled you then? And I have seen that before.
Sorry if your not involved with it.

No, no one trolled me. And can you please explain exactly how you think those pictures have anything to do with me?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Your screen names showed up on ATS together.And it seems to have also showed up there together. I was not really digging it just popped up after I did a search to see what other threads you posted in. Those two screen names also showed up under a second website which was curious. And the mistaken post from the other user was a tale tale sign of sockpuppetry. Search engine I have has a mind of its own and some times pulls up the strangest things for no reason. Think it is the copy paste function that is tied to it. And I was just curious about your sadness which is why I wanted to see your other post. Clicking on the screen names will bring up the profile and allow you look at post of other users. It is just a interesting way to know people on ATS I guess. People seem to follow each other on ATS in different threads or you just see certain poster with the same interest as you and curious what else they are doing. I usually just stick to threads I visited in the past or the recent post. Not to sure about the chats and emails on this site?New layout has hidden things on me I guess?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I know what's going on here.

I sent you a u2u. Hit me up. I can tell you what I know, which is more than you do (from observing this post) about the subject and more than a lot of people as I have a psychology major and spend a lot of my free time studying psychology and this subject in general - but I have the same issues and even finding strings of hope doesn't solve the fundamental problem

In the meantime, I can direct you towards some answers. Start a conversation - I don't go away, unless it's on the forums, then I might get lost - and besides, I'm in-tune with this conversation at the moment. Never seen another one like it on A.T.S. and this is the only time I've been depressed and thinking along the same lines this much.
edit on 31amTue, 31 Dec 2013 00:47:14 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

apokalupsis33vital

you live in a constant state of doubt. How can you ever realize anything that you perceive as positive if everything is veiled in doubt? The change that you yearn for starts within you, then it is expressed through conscious action that reflects your inner change and motivation. These things can only happen if you truly want and choose that they do. If you find those changes and feelings in an exterior source (e.g. a boyfriend) then you must remember that those ideas/words are from the exterior of your existence, and must be viewed as such. Do not allow an outside force to dictate the outcome of your decisions, for if you truly know yourself then you truly know the answers.

Thanks apokalupsis! I was thinking about this today. I was actually doing pretty well for myself until I got older - like around this year, I'm 28, and living on my own and *now* is when things are starting to wear me down.

I think that advice is good... at least a good place to start.
edit on 31amTue, 31 Dec 2013 00:48:58 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

fossilera

The short answer: The reason why you are seeing a pattern is because you are most likely trying to get the same type of people to "like" you, instead of letting the process happen naturally. By not fighting, and not losing hope, you should meet a couple people that will become friends eventually (just for your info, all those people on facebook that have 500-1000 friends? Bet the person only communicates with 5 percent of them). And, friends are usually those that like the same topics as yourself.

-fossilera

Something like this, yeah. Fossilera - I like your last sentence.

I feel for the O.P., though. I am fairly certain she hits on the autistic spectrum. There are differences between autistic males and autistic females, and the autistic male has been studied the most.

For me, there is a big difference in how I view the world - it is like the difference between cats and dogs. A friend for me is someone who I can hang out with and do things with -

Phrases like "letting the process happen naturally" don't work for me, because the "natural process" as it is for me appears to others as "unnatural." So your post basically advises, from my perspective, that I take an unnatural process towards socialization.

And for me, friends that like the same topics - well, I dislike dinner parties and the like. I have the most success hanging out with people and having things we do in common. It has to do with my wiring - and it is depressing that it cannot easily be changed.

What is even more depressing is that acting in a way that lets me be accepted by society actually involves denying myself. Our society has a long way to progress in the way it treats and integrates people with autism of both genders, and the rates of children with autism is only increasing every year.

Females with autism are able to function in society differently than males in a lot of cases - but experience stress, and their chameleon-like abilities due to differing neurological and social structures than guys often make them go un-diagnosed.

As a guy with autism, I don't even know what to say. There are a # ton of challenges out there, many of them not easily achievable. The only way I've found to make friends having autism as a guy is by letting people use me or by giving people what they want, but that gets very draining, and there are some "good" people out there who appreciate it, but a lot of "bad" people who don't -

And being a "brain wiring" problem - well, that makes it hard, because what others see as "unnatural" is entirely "natural" to someone with autism - and yeah. Besides that, a lot of autistic people are pretty cool until they enter society and start getting roughed around, and that adds on negative bits and pieces like paranoia and anxiety and makes things worse for their personalities.

-----

Oh, on a conspiratorial note - autistics have traditionally found a place in our society and even gotten married to other autistics, but I think that the Information Age has caused so much chaos (as in non-linear movement) that it makes lives particularly hard for autistics these days, if not impossible.
edit on 31amTue, 31 Dec 2013 01:19:54 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

hello there!

I can't say that your story sounds entirely unfamilliar with me.

I have noticed several.. well, plenty of people with stories simmilar to yours.

Can you tell me anything about yourself? (Nothing that would give away your identity)

But... have you ever had your IQ tested? Really Smart?

You say you are homeschooled, and that is typically the type to fall into this sort of thing.

Check out this link, and tell me what you think.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Well, online people are acquainted and maybe Facebook buddies but not real friends. And college guys are not looking for female friends. You also act as though a sexual hookup might have been ok with you and that you went out with same guy like five times.

So five dates without an attempt to score for young male today in college is not happening.

So you have to look at the reasons. Just reading the thread there are a couple of things that might be.

Your prior religious beliefs are a start. Is your family still religious, are these guys being told about any religious beliefs.

Virgin, nothing to be ashamed of if you are, to me it is the opposite. But since you are mainly talking about guys this could be an issue.

Trying to hard. People who are home schooled are generally lacking interpersonal skills that people obtain in school. This is often not evident to the individual and their feeling of normalcy might be the opposite.

You need to find like minded peeps. What do you enjoy, chances are there is a group, club or other like minded people in your college. Seek them out, join that chess group or theatre group, choir, church, whatever. Your in college, post this same post on your college board. Start a group, setup meeting for other home schooled people in your college. They might be feeling the same way. You must start with like minded people and try being friends with some girls too.

Friends always have things in common. Start there, whatever it might be, bowling league, book club.

Where are you, like hey ats people i am in college (insert here) anyone else live here let's meet for coffee and talk aliens or whatever. Friendship usually starts with some commonality and reason to be together and grows out from there. There are probably many people here who would be friends, including me.

The Bot

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Do you post controversial (extreme right wing? jew hating?) stories on your Facebook?

Endless pictures of cats and/or children?

Selfies taken wherever you may be all day long?

Do you take an interest in other folks when conversing or is it all about you?

Are you a racist?

Have poor hygiene?

The above would get you very ignored if we were 'friends'.

I propose an experiment, OP.

We have five volunteers who add you on Facebook. You have a yarn and get to know each other then in a week they have to give a report to this thread on how you did as a cyber friend. We may gain some insight into your perceived problem.

Good luck. You sound very nice, if a little lacking in confidence...
edit on 31-12-2013 by lazernation because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

I "Mysteriously" like you for some reason. The Universe does not hate anyone it is simply responding to our attitudes.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
My 2 cents :

Unless you are highly a-symmetrical,
Ps & Qs mate, Ps & Qs

eg :
I find it impossible to like people who continually interrupt me, with counter argument, just for the sake of it.

Most people are really just indifferent to each other,
after all, liking someone requires effort, so does disliking someone.

Aim for people just be indifferent to you. Also be indifferent to them, and they may just like you.
An over zealous need to be liked, is most unattractive.

Unless you are a dick, Be yourself,
there are those like yourself that will, through shared indifference to be liked, like you

If your cool, allow others to be a cool in your presence.

If you are an ugly f#$ck it may be but tricky for people to like you just off the bat, you may have to be impressive in other areas.

"Prejudice is opinion without judgement" - Voltaire

The shadow government is indifferent to you, so is god.

Always remember.
"The secret of being a bore is to tell everything." - Voltaire

Aim to be respected, not liked.

reading this book may help to alleviate your predicament.

edit on 31-12-2013 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

You lack confidence and overemphasis the importance of gaining acceptance from others to build upon your sense of self-worth. You likely project an overzealous, asphyxiating personality when you sense a potential friendship. This causes others to distance themselves from you as they deem you to be "needy" and "annoying".

From reading your opening post, you seem like a decent friendly person just lacking the self-confidence and social skills necessary to build a bridge that closes the gap between yourself and others.

You have the potential to build meaningful friendships and long-lasting relationships. You are young and have a bright future ahead of you.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

I cannot believe you just said all that. Do you realise that someone is reaching out for help?
Someone is feeling very low at the moment and is desperately trying to find the path to happiness.
Did you even stop to think that your comment could cause her to commit suicide?
You have probably destroyed what little bit of confidence she had.
But hey, what do you care? You are probably happy with your life and so long as nothing affects you or your loved ones, it is to hell with everyone else.
Your lack of Empathy infuriates me, but this does not surprise me because Society has become nothing but a bunch of moronic Sociopaths, and explains why you fit in perfectly.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
It almost certainly has to do with some social awkwardness about you. You mentioned being home schooled. I have a friend who was home schooled and he has told me that he was totally unprepared for the world. He will tell anyone who will listen not to home school there kids because they will miss out on much needed social interaction. I wasn't home schooled but I was always socially awkward. It's hard to explain but your different in a way that makes other people uncomfortable, and I know the feeling exactly.

You mentioned that you are intelligent (I agree), but there is also something called 'social intelligence' that most people learn through experience. There is a lot going on in social interaction that most of us take for granted but it's actually very complex.

Looking back to when I was still in school I remember that boys and girls tended to spend more time in groups with same sex peers and I think this time is a crucial time where we learn how to deal with the opposite sex. Those same sex peer groups are like little support groups.

So, essentially the peers and co-workers that you are interacting with now are miles ahead of you in social intelligence and now you have to make up for lost time. Try searching the web for help by using terms like “social awkwardness help”, “improving social intelligence”, and you can also try some reading such as, Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People”. Good luck.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Brother

you remind me of my past.

I used to be needy. I felt (or believe) almost everyone never like me. etc
I tried to do many things to heal the loneliness.
None of them worked!!!

Then I started to think like you 'what IF Life is more than just all these sufferings?'
I started to see all the negatives within me. tons of them.
distrustful, racist, etc. I tried to change towards being positive but that was still not enough!!
Until something happened and magically lead me to ATS lol
And I met tons of friends here (these days i start to love everyone in ATS like family, of course you and non-ATS members included)

All their advices, dunno why, helped me a lot. They healed.
(No advice from family, colleagues etc helped me during those difficult times!!! And I almost considered myself someone with mental ilnesses!!!)
*no buttkissing here*

I see more garbages inside me. All bulls###s
I started to appreciate being alone. No longer needy (and lonely)
Outside the Net, More friends magically 'appeared', but I somehow 'avoid' them!
not because I dont like them. I just love living in solitude lol

Albert Einstein said: The most important decision we make is whether we believe we live in a friendly or hostile universe.

My only advice is: Befriend the Universe (and it will befriend you back!)
Who can be a better friend than the Universe itself!!!!

peace.

edit on 31-12-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

edit on 31-12-2013 by michael1888 because: see next comment

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join