It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does everyone mysteriously hate/dislike me for no reason? Is the shadow gov behind it?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Very interesting thread you have here. You seem like a bright person
and I would really like be friends with someone like you in real life.
Facebook however is not real life and from what I have read it
is not doing you any favors. My advice to you is to try to get off Facebook
for a while and see how it goes. Also friendship cannot be forced or rushed.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

grandmakdw
Ok, some basics (I too have had trouble making friends because I grew up in the military where we moved every 2 years and I had to learn how to make lasting friends at an older age)

Shower daily. Fix your hair into a decent style daily. Wear at least minimal makeup daily. Keep your nails short and clean. Brush your teeth daily. (People notice these things I have learned)

Pay attention to fashion. You do not have to be super fashionable, just notice what type of jeans most wear and what type of shirt most wear (keep them clean and hole free) and change your outfits daily. Rotate your wardrobe. Wear the types of shoes (clean and hole free) that most of the people around you wear. I learned a lot of this at a job in my 20s, people unfortunately do care and judge you on these things.

Needy behavior is repellant. Only initiate contact with someone who has not initiated with you no more than once a week for 2 weeks, if they do not respond, wait 2 weeks, if they still do not respond, then forget them. If someone contacts you, get back to them in an appropriate amount of time depending on what they say. For immediate invites, respond immediately. For non urgent matters wait a few hours or even a day or so to reply, this is so you do not seem needy.

Do not ask favors of people you barely know. Do not act upset when someone turns down a request for contact, they may be genuinely busy, you getting upset where they see it or hear it in your voice is needy behavior. Be cheerful and say - that is ok I understand when turned down.

I have some friends I had to cut off because of their constant needy behavior which was driving my family crazy. They constantly expected me to drop what I was doing and be with them or do for them, or they would pout or be fussy.

Do ask people to do things with you and go places with you, then wait for them to ask you, after that you should ask them again. Do not keep asking for contact if the person does not return the favor. Friendship that builds is a back and forth pathway that builds slowly if it is to be solid.

Be kind, help when asked cheerfully, be generous (but not overly generous). Be thoughful, remember and ask about ill relatives, a worry over a test, a worry over a car etc. (make notes if you have to in order to remind yourself until you get the hang of it) Talk as little about yourself as possible, unless asked, ask the other person questions about themselves and be genuinely interested and remember what they say and respond to what they say, but not about yourself or what you know, just an oh, ahh, I see, oh how awful, what else happened etc.

Print this out and post it in your closet for daily review.

I think that's the best advise yet! I wish I could give you a flag!
Even if she doesn't pay any attention to your wisdom, I'm certain you have just helped numerous people!
edit on 200000055America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: Correct spelling

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I went out to find a friend, and couldn't find one there.
I went out to be a friend, and friends were everywhere.

Good luck in your adventure through life.
Nugget

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wutdouthink

are you attractive?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
All I can say is, there are 2 types of friends in one respect. The kind that want you to do well in life and the kind who do not. While your young, lose the ones who don't and consider them acquaintances, they will cost you, keep and cherish the ones who do. You will meet many people in your life, just LET it happen, don't LOOK for friends. A friend is someone you can have fun with , that has your back, that respects you and isn't jealous, someone who calls you when they cant make it but usually makes it. Im alone tonight , in a fat apartment on the beach and I sit here alone every night almost. Most of the friends I have , I have had since 7th grade, some not, but they all live in other states. We still keep in touch. All of us are so far beyond jealousy and nonsense and its great. My best friend of 10 years blew me off because his 2 kids loved me so much, but I gained a way better friend last year and we have a blast. You will also need admiration for your true friends or I don't see how a close friendship can work and be any fun if you don't. Fun and laughing is what its all about , making people laugh is always helpful. People attract for all sorts of reasons. PM me if you like.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I know I will get flamed for saying this but.....

Are you REALLLY pretty, but just don't know maybe? Apparently I used to be really pretty, and had NO clue at ALL.

People were friggin weird to me beyond nuts.

Then I gained a bunch of weight when I got pregnant and have a lot of friends now, and people tell me they were just plain afraid to talk to me etc.

in MY mind I was the ugly duckling because, no one liked me so I thought I must be some freak or something etc, but it was the opposite they say.

I also am an aspie so I can not tell what is pretty or ugly etc, like normal people do, so I am basically a sapiosexual. (attracted to intellect). So I would talk to any and everybody and I guess was overly friendly for someone who looked like that so it threw people off guard.

So according to people, before I gained the weight, they all thought I wouldn't like THEM or thought I might think was better than them or something, when it was the opposite! I was the loneliest most insecure person out there....
edit on 31-12-2013 by hidingthistime because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Don't worry friend we all like you here!
God Bless...

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
You're in the right place, regardless. Not to make light of your situation but, nobody likes us either that's why we spend our hours after work posting and reading on this website. lol

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I read through the first page of comments after your post - most people here genuinely would like to offer you some assistance if it can be helpful.

Don't pay attention to any of the negative coments - somethings may seem directed at you when in reality these negative vibes directed your way are a resulting manifestation into one's own self - to be blunt people tend only to see themselves in other people and when they don't like someone it almost always is a reflection of themself that they are not liking.

I am no proffessional so trying to explain this is not the easiest.

What I am seeing in you as a possiility to what you are experiencing is only possible through my own thought comparison to myself and my own experiences.

I have made a lot of friends over the years and also have met a lot of people I didn't know who almost immediately showed some form of dislike towards me. Never quite sure what it is you ultimately will think it is yourself, but if you are truly of good heart and good intention than you do not deserve to be treated badly or thought of negatively.

You may be different socially because of your upbringing - however the world is lucky to know you and you are just as important a person as is any on this Earth.

Don't let the negatives run your life.

Focus on the positives - you know you are an intelligent individual - you excel in academics as you have stated and your potential in life is unlimited if you focus on what is good and what is positive.

You are loved by many no matter how much you think you are hated or disliked - do not ever forget that.

You focus on yourself and what is good for you and those you love and for fellow mankind no matter how dumb some of manind can be at times. You do what you know in your heart is right and it may or may not ever make any sense but you know you do what is right and that is all that really matters.

There is nothing wrong with being yourself, there is nothing wrong with trying to fit in, there is nothing wrong with sticking to your principals and there is nothing wrong with making changes. There is nothing wrong with any of these choices so long as you are making them for the right reasons.

My best guess is that you have some social differences from others, related to your upbringing which may have been different from most people's upbringing. Not a big deal. It's only a big deal to those who choose to be simpleminded and get hung up on some superficial quality they perceive as negative. If people are acting like jerks towards you than it most likely they are jerks - simple minded jerks living in a superficial world.

Don't hold it against them - they truly do not even understand what they are doing and how they are wrong at least not at the time they are jerks. It wouldn't surprise me if some years from now you meet up again with one of these jerks and they let you know how they have grown and apologize for being that jerk. Not every jerk remains a jerk forever.

Just keep advancing yourself in the ways you know how because it is clearly working for you.

Don't let anyone in your head that doesn't deserve to be there.

Happy New Year to you and may God bless you and keep you happy and healthy!

It's ok if you don't believe in God - it is the thought that counts right? - I wish you goodness - take it how you want it - a blessing from God, a positive energy directed your way or a positive thought for you.

It always will come down to good or bad - positive or negative - whether you look at it from a religious standpoint or just a general standpoint and that is all that really matters.

Keep up the good work - stay positve - stay focused - it's not easy to do all three. This is what seperates the good from the great and you defintely have the potential to be great.

You are loved.

Happy New Year!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

They probably get the idea that you won't do the horizontal bouncing poke dance with them...
edit on 31-12-2013 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
You need a kitten,people are overated . [Kitten]pic[/kitten] a pet willnever let you down,they arealwayshappy to see you.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I can't quote everybody, but you guys all ROCK, luv ya! HAPPPPPY NEW YEARS!!!!
xoxoxox

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hidingthistime

I don't really sign in much or post, but I feel obligated at this thread.. At first reading the title and the OP, I feel for her to have to come to those conclusions... When, rather, she needs to do some serious soul searching..

I first want to reply to a previous post above, letting you know I thank you for saying that because that is what I went through in school. I had to stick to my books and arts and make my life my own, and I now just wake up and have gratitude for my incarnation rather than make myself insecure.. for what? They wanted me to be insecure.

Through finding myself and what I deem to be important to me, interests hobbies passions inquiries curiosities, I never try to limit what my life brings. So, I say to you, OP, just go out and live. If you are going to be alone you might as well make it fun. And when you have gone and experienced and learned and done, people will take interest... People will notice and admire the fact that you are an individual. A beautiful, free person who is different. Go take a yoga class.. Already done that? Find acro yoga. Or, why not find a groupon for a painting class. Speaking of paintings, why not see what nearby art and other museums have on their social schedule and attend a special night there? You are an adult now, you can attend fun things that involve wine and people who are interested in the same thing. Join a cycling club, or join a gym that offers cycling classes indoors (you will not believe the people that just come up to you on a consistent basis, intent on remembering YOUR name).... I can go on and on and on. My point is.... People are always going to suck, and you can't really count on coworkers to be friends. You need to just move on with your life, and the right people will attract themselves to you. Somewhere, your kin awaits. They may not be who you think they are. But it's when you realize you don't need them, that you will have them.
edit on pTue, 31 Dec 2013 22:39:17 -060039122013-12-31T22:39:17-06:00America/Chicago17172014f by PrincessofSwords because: grammar

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hidingthistime

Happy new year!
i would love to be your friend

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Hello and thanks to all of you for your overwhelming amount of responses. It would be impossible for me to reply to each of them individually of course unfortunately. But I was able to read them all, and over the next week or so I am going to try to read them in more detail.

I never actually intended to join this forum long term. Indeed I really only wanted to ask that question, which has had a number of quality responses. So since college is starting back soon I don't think I will be logging back in again after today, but I will read all of the replies that people continue to post. And after much consideration I am not going to be accepting friend request to my real life facebook because I kinda find the nature of my posts here to be extremely embarrassing. I mean I would hate to create a link between my posts here and my real life identity. In fact I had no idea I would get so many facebook requests from people. But I really hope you guys understand I pretty much just wanted to ask an (insane) anonymous question.

Also, I have been completely swamped with messages so please don't feel upset if my replies were short, I did my best to reply to them all!

Once again thank you to all who cared enough to post and send me a message/request, I really appreciate it!

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I had a girl I knew who worked with me who would say the same stuff. So I took her on a date. I never talked to her again unless I absolutely had to for work. She was crazy and had major daddy issues. She also had 3 cats and reeeeeked of desperation.

A few years later she quit and asked me why I stopped talking to her. I told her the absolute truth and she said...no lie..."well that's just your opinion".

Lesson: even when a girl wants the truth she doesn't necessarily really want it.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Lets be friends! mayb you didnt have proper relationships because we were waiting for each other? for true love

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Hey, I'd like to private message you about this, but I don't have enough posts at the moment. Would you wait around for me to have enough posts? Or just check the forum occasionally.. it's not a bad place! Feel like you could benefit from it.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Good luck with making friends. It's rather easy to meet people in college. Just find someone with similar interests and you have something to talk about. I would suggest remembering to let the other person do a lot of the talking. There are actually tips in how to interview that might do you well to study. Let the other person talk. They will think you are a good listener.

If you have no clue about what they are talking about, just tell them you do not know a lot about the subject they mentioned. Then ask if they would like to explain that. A lot of people like to explain things. If not, they will quickly change the subject.

A lot of times people just want to talk about something they have been thinking about. Just listen to them and respond. You don't have to agree if you really do not but with some people if you are disagreeable very much, they will find other friends who have similar viewpoints. You could learn debating skills and ask them why they feel a certain way if it's a viewpoint that disagrees with yours.

I didn't mean to be a bit negative in my first post. I'm just usually very busy and facebook is not very high on my priority list. I guess my negative feelings towards Face book showed up in my first post. Much of that negativity surrounds Face book sending me so many messages and requiring you to do things and making things public unless you turn off every little thing. The younger generation doesn't seem to care if everyone can see what you are doing. When all your relatives and everyone related to you seems to view anything you put on there, I don't want to put much on there.

Anyway good luck in college.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

reject

They probably get the idea that you won't do the horizontal bouncing poke dance with them...
edit on 31-12-2013 by reject because: (no reason given)

hey, hey, hey.....doing the HBPD is not such a bad thing....even if you are doing it 4 times a night and getting paid for it, you still can be a decent human being. remember the economy is bad, jobs are hard to find, and when you find one, some feel like they're getting screwed anyway, for a lot less pay. so let's hear it for all the HBPD'ers....yeeaahhh!!! (now waving a very tiny American flag on a small stick)
edit on 1-1-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join