It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does everyone mysteriously hate/dislike me for no reason? Is the shadow gov behind it?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesquid

"How to win friends and influence people" it's an awesome book, I read that about 20 years ago, there are some amazing insights in that book, all set to common everyday people and situations. Reading a book about understanding body language will reveal some valuable insights to. Great suggestion,
edit on 30-12-2013 by DonVoigt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Bluesquid
Being liked is an art form. I would read "How to win friends and influence people" should get you started. Also analyze your body language , posture and general way of moving. I have met many girls that dont move like women, and its a huge turnoff for many men. Its really subtle. Watch some "L Word" and notice how the masculine women move act versus the feminine women.

Everyone likes "nice" but look it up in an etymology dictionary.

Really nice people that smile all the time are like dogs wagging their tails at me. Your just around. You need to have a little mystery and edge about you. Pick on people in a clever way. You want them to like you because your trust worthy and occasionally witty.

You want them to like you because your trust worthy and occasionally witty.

This is the opposite of everything else you said.
If you have to do any pretending to get a guy and he thinks because you are smiling sweet and kind you are like a dog...who needs it?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

But does anyone find it at least slightly bizarre that people ignore me in the exact same manor each time?
reply to post by wutdouthink

Not the least bit bizarre. You are repeatedly behaving in a manner that people want nothing to do with.
Do you gossip, and say unkind things about others?
Are you a negative person?
Do you come across as needy and clingy?
Do you say rude or hurtful things?
Try using the internet to find out what it takes to have a healthy relationship with friends.
If you don't figure out what you are doing to push people away, you'll never be able to end the loop of loneliness.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I came across this on another thread, "Here is the point - the things you inherently seek are products of love, not hate. By embracing the negativity, you are sabotaging yourself and your possibilities for happiness, but safeguarding your psyche with excuses to continue down dark paths. "

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I think your feelings are fairly common now a days. Good Friends are hard to find, and ones you jive with even fewer.

For what it's worth I have no animosity and gladly would call u a friend...I'm an old married guy but I got lots of friendship to go around.

Be yourself, he honest to yourself it's all you can do really...the rest comes sure enough.

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

My point is be nice with your actions and not always nice with your words. Be trustworthy in your actions, and a bit of an imp in your words.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I'll tr y and keep this short.

If you truly love yourself, most of the other problems will solve themselves.

If i worked at the fast food joint i would have taken you under my wing (zero strings attached) and find out more about you and what makes you tick.

You might be socially awkward but so what? That Doesn't mean you're not a wonderful person, it usually means you're unconfident in yourself for whatever reason.

We are all complicated, your real friends will notice this and stick by you (providing you have a good heart)

I say don't worry, love yourself and be nice to everyone at all times. That should do the trick.

Good luck, i think you're ok! :-)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Be aware that none of us are "normal." What is normal, anyway? Eh! I've never figured it out, and I'm 64. I grew up much as you did, with people getting to know me, and then having nothing to do with me. The list is long, probably longer than yours, simply because I'm 3X your age. In 'Merica, there is a mostly unspoken culture of manners, decorum, and custom. Some kids pick it up, maybe most, and some do not. I was of the "not" variety, and it has taken me most of my life to catch up, and I'm still catching up. Yet, my last job came to an end mostly due to the social side of it. In your case, having been home-schooled, I suspect you missed a good deal of that 'Merican culture. The best thing you can do is to find a positive social group which is structured in a way that you can not be easily shunned. Observe others, observe yourself, and observe your interaction with them. Be conscious!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenEars123

We are all complicated, your real friends will notice this and stick by you (providing you have a good heart)

Very very true, so this is how I learned i had no real friend.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Char-Lee
reply to post by OpenEars123

Very very true, so this is how I learned i had no real friend.

Ummm it could be? I'd probably need some more info though.

Are you saying you have no real friends?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Just because the folks you place trust in are false doesn't mean there are not folks out there that are friends.

We come in all shapes and sizes but have more in common than folks really realize.

I will wear your shoes, and you can have mine....that way we can get to know each other.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

wutdouthink
No one has ever asked me to have sex with them

After reading that, I am going to start homeschooling my 3 daughters ASAP!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DonVoigt

I just make sure I like myself enough for everyone else included,
That way I don't even notice if anyone likes me. But if they don't,
they better not let me find out about it.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I like you.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I think you need to hire someone to evaluate you and give you their honest impressions. Your friends and family aren't being honest with you. There has to be some social peculiarity about you...to quote an earlier poster. Your job, if you chose to accept it, is to find out what that is. You have a quirk, that can be changed and modified, but it's there and you don't know what it is and those around you won't tell you.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The reason I say great suggestion to those reading suggestions, is because not only did I learn a lot about myself and other people , but I learned a lot about human nature in general, as some other posters pointed out in this thread, there are many different reasons that many different people have difficulty in the social arena, the social arena, always came easy to me, but learning specifics of human nature like that can improve MANY aspects of a person's life. Social , business, family. Anything that can improve any aspect of a person's life is a good thing.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

What you might like to conisder doing is getting feedback from others around you, particularly those near to you but not close, people who know what others are saying about you.

We all have blind spots in our personalities, in our self perception, things we dont know about ourselves but others do. How we percieve ourselves is often not how the rest of the world percieves us. This has positive and negative aspects to it.

By getting this feed back from many different people, you will be able to identify those things about yourself that you might like to change. We are all capable of self improvement without changing who we are.

From what you have said, I suspect you may have already been given this feedback but you haven't recognised it for what it is.

Have a happy new year

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Friends are really overrated. Of all the people i have met my life and grew up with i can only call 2% real friends. The rest is all fake.

But if ur looking for a friend just holla

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

15 flags and five pages of replies.. You are not being ignored...

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

Youre certainly right about that.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join