It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Duck Dynasty' to resume filming with Phil Robertson

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
in my opinion the show is terrible, didn't watch it before the controversy, watched an episode after to see what it was all about and it was awful scripted garbage but that's just my opinion. i don't think what he said was right because i believe jesus would be tolerant of gays and would not hate on them, jesus said love the sinner and he stood up for the ostracized. that phil guy will take any script out of the bible to try and use it to his advantage he even tried to pull a script from the bible to get his wife to have sex with him. he has the freedom to say and believe whatever he wants, i would have hoped it would blow up in his face but quite honestly i don't believe there is a big enough number of homosexuals in his fanbase to throw off his ratings lol. i'm sure his ratings will actually go up after all this nonsense, oh well ce la vie.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMoonJoe

He just doesn't agree with the way the country's going. Many folks don't.
Right. And surely it must be them homosexuals what's the cause... since the commies don't seem to be around so much anymore.

It's your fellow PC travelers who want to shut people up.

Pardon me?
You seem to have confused me (or the company I keep) with someone else. I said he made homophobic comments. He did.

I've also repeatedly said he has every right to spout his ignorant nonsense and make a fool of himself. Just as A&E has a right to deal with their contractor as they see fit.

edit on 12/27/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
yet another thread about duck dynasty....... a TV show....sad, very very sad.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I have seen the end of the world and it's not pretty. Phage sucked into a Duck dynasty debate...

Is there a WTF forum?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I don't get sucked in.
I pick 'em. And pickin's have been slim as of late.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Gotta agree with the slim pickings.... I so dislike seeing this being the most popular thread of the day. Maybe everyone is a bit overwhelmed...

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

antonia

seeker1963
reply to post by antonia

Amazing how those on the Progressive side of things like to point out appearances of other people while screaming "Racist" and "Intolerance" every chance they get........

Yea, I am pointing out what they looked like. It's indicative of the scripted nature of their show. The controversy was never real. A&E never intended to keep him off the show permanently and that is the point: people getting outraged over fake, scripted BS.

ya, only took a couple weeks to grow that stuff, in pre production.

i have a DD thing going on with the face, cut the hair off, tho. can't stand to take care of it anymore.

took months to grow it.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

butcherguy
reply to post by antonia

I just want to cover the point that they have actually played golf at a country club on the show.

They also have been shuttled around for business meetings in helicopters, leased limos painted in a camoflage scheme and they tool around in very expensive vehicles.... on the show. They commonly show the son's homes in 'the subdivision', which in my humble opinion are very nice.

The beards? There have been several times in my adult life that I did not have a beard. The DD guys are the same way, they have also performed this act called shaving.

ZZ Top has two gentlemen that wear beards and it has become part of their persona. Are they fake beards also?
edit on 27-12-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

and the drummer, who's name is frank beard, is clean shaven! lol!

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

antonia
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

And you win the day. This was all a big scam. I knew they would take him back.

The whole damn show is fake. Check them out before they started Duck Dynasty:

Nothing but a bunch of fakes acting like rednecks for a TV show. They were normal yuppies before they started and now all of sudden they are long haired red-necks with beards wearing camo and wrapping themselves up in the flag. Please, people lap it up too. The only social issue here is that people are so easy to fool.

Oh and to them:

1 Corinthians 11:14

Does not nature itself teach you that if a man wears long hair it is a disgrace for him,

Oh, I guess that part doesn't matter though.
edit on 27-12-2013 by antonia because: opps

You obviously know nothing about the family, that picture was in their younger years right out of high school. Phil and Kay have been backwoods, swamp living country people all their lives. Do a little research before spreading false statements please.

The only one who never had a beard was Alan Robertson and he is the preacher.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Stormdancer777
So how do you think this went down exactly?
phil and A&E producers sat down together and plotted the whole thing?

No, I doubt it. IMHO -

- The interviewer knew that he was asking an inflammatory 'question'. He already knew how Mr. Duck would answer. So the faux-shock was manufactured.

- A&E thought they could gain points by firing the man. They had no idea the family would stick together, quit, and thumb their nose at all the money. A&E is used to buying people to fit their progressive agenda. The inability to do so with this was new for them.

- A&E realized they 'stepped in it' and had to figure out a way to save face AND keep their money flowing in. So it is pretending Mr. Duck apologized and they are putting the show back on as originally scheduled. A&E values money above all else.

That's what I think happened. But of course we'll never know.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Right. And surely it must be them homosexuals what's the cause... since the commies don't seem to be around so much anymore.

Heh. And where do you think they went? And what about them what's been holed up right where they were moled up for decades brewing up their PC madness?

Pardon me?

Done. Full absolution.

You seem to have confused me (or the company I keep) with someone else. I said he made homophobic comments. He did.

I confuse lots of people. Still, if I did confuse you with your company, it's probably due to the muddiness re paraphrasing vs. interpreting. One ain't the other and his comments were the former, not the latter. That kind of looseness with the details is a PC trait, since the facts don't matter what with all that postmodern slop they throw on top of things.

I've also repeatedly said he has every right to spout his ignorant nonsense and make a fool of himself. Just as A&E has a right to deal with their contractor as they see fit.

He does and they do. But the glaadiators are another story. The more I learn about them, the more they suck.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Phage
A&E is based in New York, not Hollywood,

SAME ATTITUDE.

its decisions were not based on the strength of conviction of the family.

A&E didn't expect the family to stick together and leave the show together.
A&E underestimated the family.
A&E underestimated the response to their premature 'firing' of Mr. Duck.

If the family had thrown Phil under the bus, A&E wouldn't have caved like it did. Instead, the family decided to kill the whole show and so A&E went into a panic at the thought of the loss of money. It's pretty darn obvious.

So yes, the decision was based on the family sticking together as well as A&E's love of money.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Mamatus
I have seen the end of the world and it's not pretty. Phage sucked into a Duck dynasty debate...

Is there a WTF forum?

OMG that is to funny

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

Yea, it's all real. Arguing about a chair she sold while the chair sits in the background.

Really, People are easy to fool. Duck Dynasty is a masterful example of emotional branding.

Emotional branding uses a series of themes and symbols to create meaning for a consumer. In this sense, "theme" means a concept or story line that is present throughout an ad, and if integrated well-enough, throughout the brand.

Vance Packard highlights the eight hidden needs that consumers have that themes and symbols attempt to sell. The eight needs are as follows:
Emotional security
Reassurance of worth
Ego-gratification
Creative outlets
Love objects
Sense of power
Sense of roots
Immorality

en.wikipedia.org...

And that's all it is. Most of you defend this because you love it therefore It must be real, it means something to you, so it has to be real, but it's not. It's just manipulation. It's no different than any other faux-reality show on the air today. One day it will wear out it's welcome and fade into obscurity like most of them have. Then they will find some other crop of characters they can sell you that push all your emotional buttons.

edit on 28-12-2013 by antonia because: need coffee

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

All those 'reality' TV shows are scripted.
There is no 'reality' behind them.
Ever read the blogs of the 'Dance Moms'?
I did .. once .. just for hoots ...
Its' heavily edited and heavily 'suggested' during filming.
They all are like that.

I've never watched Duck Dynasty. The only reality show I watched was Ghost Hunters.
(until I saw the footage of how some of the ghosts were faked).

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

FlyersFan
reply to post by antonia

All those 'reality' TV shows are scripted.
There is no 'reality' behind them.
Ever read the blogs of the 'Dance Moms'?
I did .. once .. just for hoots ...
Its' heavily edited and heavily 'suggested' during filming.
They all are like that.

Well, except people here are arguing it's real. That's what I'm against. I'm arguing this whole mess was a stunt on A&E's part.

Although it is funny this guy would be against gays but is totally ok with lying.
edit on 28-12-2013 by antonia because: opps, wrong letter

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

antonia
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

And you win the day. This was all a big scam. I knew they would take him back.

The whole damn show is fake. Check them out before they started Duck Dynasty:

Nothing but a bunch of fakes acting like rednecks for a TV show. They were normal yuppies before they started and now all of sudden they are long haired red-necks with beards wearing camo and wrapping themselves up in the flag. Please, people lap it up too. The only social issue here is that people are so easy to fool.

Oh and to them:

1 Corinthians 11:14

Does not nature itself teach you that if a man wears long hair it is a disgrace for him,

Oh, I guess that part doesn't matter though.
edit on 27-12-2013 by antonia because: opps

I've seen this photo before - is there any [other] proof that this is even them?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Sure, they showed that photo on their own tv show. Here are the other ones:
www.aetv.com...

Sorry, a bunch of rich guys playing to an audience. Larry the Cable Guy is a prime example of this crap. it's just an act.
edit on 28-12-2013 by antonia because: added a thought

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Copy That.

Thx.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I've never said it wasn't scripted.

I wondered how you figured that they are fake rednecks. Your post on page one shows the four sons sans facial hair with golf clubs in their hands. Rednecks are fully capable of shaving and wielding golf clubs.

You went further to say that they are not really religious, that they are faking that too.

I think it is telling how so many people went off on this 'inbred, backwards redneck' immediately after A&E suspended him... And now that he is back on the show, he is a fake redneck and the interview and the aftermath was a designed ploy for ratings.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join