It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Duck Dynasty' to resume filming with Phil Robertson

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'm thinking this is a social issue ...

A&E is making it sound like Phil Robertson (Mr. Duck) apologized.
But he didn't.
And it looks like A&E checked with 'advocacy groups' before keeping the show on.

Duck Dynasty to Resume Filming with Phil Robertson

n a statement released late Friday afternoon, A&E said, “While Phil's comments made in the interview reflect his personal views based on his own beliefs, and his own personal journey, he and his family have publicly stated they regret the "coarse language" he used and the misinterpretation of his core beliefs based only on the article. He also made it clear he would "never incite or encourage hate."

The network added that “Duck Dynasty is not a show about one man's views. It resonates with a large audience because it is a show about family, a family that America has come to love. As you might have seen in many episodes, they come together to reflect and pray for unity, tolerance and forgiveness. These are three values that we at A&E Networks also feel strongly about.

So if the show is about a family that prays for unity, tolerance and forgiveness ....
then why did the network have such a hissy fit about what was said in the interview?
If they already know the show is about tolerance and forgiveness, why the ambush
on Mr. Duck???? It doesn't make sense.

The dude was asked his opinion ... and all the while the interviewer knew exactly what
Mr. Duck would say. The faux-outrage over this has been insane. It's not like he was out
spewing ... he simply answered a question.

Anyways.... he's back on.
I'm sure the fact that the entire family was ready to walk away has a lot to do with it.
edit on 12/27/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Of course, A&E can't give up there top money maker. I live in the South East and their merchandise is sold everywhere, even in the baby isle. He shouldn't have to apologize for his beliefs... Oh, but now I feel sorry for the ducks.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AnnKoontz

I'm thinking the folks at A&E were probably shocked that the family stuck together and that they all were willing to give up all that $$$ in order to stand by their beliefs and stand by their family member. Hollyweird moneygrubbers don't understand those kinds of things.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It would have been just as clear for A&E to release the following comment re: their stance:

"Quack quack quack. Quack Quack. Quack, quack quack quack quack. Quack?"

For the love of quack, I mean, for the love of money

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I have set back and watched this unfold.
My God just how gullibale is the american public ?
Is it any wonder why the general public is refered to as sheep ?
This all started before Christmas, and the new season of DD doesn't start till 1-15-14.
Aside of the gay/ religious issue that both sides jumped on, the only loser was the people who argued over this issue.
Phil and his family won ,sales of DD products sky rocked and their popularity rose, love them or hate them.
A+E won because ,they already have the highest rated cable show and with the new season starting Jan. 15
they will top their own rating with people who never watched the show.

Deny ignorance !

It was a PR stunt !

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Hollyweird moneygrubbers don't understand those kinds of things.

A&E is based in New York, not Hollywood, but in any case its decisions were not based on the strength of conviction of the family. They were based on the executives' perceptions of the impact of Phil's statements upon their advertisers. They couldn't care less about what Phil said or meant when he made his homophobic comments.

edit on 12/27/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Awesome! The people have spoken and the Robertsons did not cave their morals for a dollar. A&E is pathetic but I am very proud of the Robertsons

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

There was ONLY 1 Duck Dynasty....

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Finally, one iota of sense from these people.

The man should not have LOST his job for his answering of a question. A question that the interviewer KNEW FULL WELL would wield some kind of 'shocking' or 'offensive' remarks.

The media created this frenzy.

~Tenth

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

And you win the day. This was all a big scam. I knew they would take him back.

The whole damn show is fake. Check them out before they started Duck Dynasty:

Nothing but a bunch of fakes acting like rednecks for a TV show. They were normal yuppies before they started and now all of sudden they are long haired red-necks with beards wearing camo and wrapping themselves up in the flag. Please, people lap it up too. The only social issue here is that people are so easy to fool.

Oh and to them:

1 Corinthians 11:14

Does not nature itself teach you that if a man wears long hair it is a disgrace for him,

Oh, I guess that part doesn't matter though.
edit on 27-12-2013 by antonia because: opps

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Get real people Phil was never suspended and we'll never really Know.
The family was never going to walk and again we'll never know.
Do you really the Robertson family or A+E would kill their own golden goose. or should i say duck ?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I just find it odd that people care so much about a reality tv show... I don't watch it, but this topic has dominated ATS since the issue went down...

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
So... it was all a publicity stunt after all...
I hope the ignorant fans saw this and adjust their viewing habits accordingly.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Oh don't worry, they won't. They'll watch it all the more.

Genius move by A&E.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

What? Your bashing them for what they looked like when they were younger???? Are you serious? I looked the same way when I was brainwashed into looking like what society wanted me to look like! WTF? Now I look like a Dwarf from the Hobbit! Full beard and all, and I quite frankly could give a damn about what someone like you thinks of how I look!

Amazing how those on the Progressive side of things like to point out appearances of other people while screaming "Racist" and "Intolerance" every chance they get........

Freedom is not a one way street!!! PERIOD!!!! IF YOU VALUE YOURS, DON'T TRY TO TAKE AWAY OTHERS!!!

A&E is a Corporation! All they care about is money. They screwed up and now they are doing nothing more than showing their hypocrisy in order to continue making more money!

Kinda like our elected officials do in Washington, when it time for them to be re elected.....

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

So if the show is about a family that prays for unity, tolerance and forgiveness .... then why did the network have such a hissy fit about what was said in the interview? If they already know the show is about tolerance and forgiveness, why the ambush on Mr. Duck???? It doesn't make sense.

It doesn't make sense, but it makes dollars and lots of them. AE is spinning things as best they can in order to cover for the fact that they caved to the backlash of them caving to glaad. To be fair to them, they were put in a difficult position and are doing what they can to operate from between that rock and hard place the glaadiators put them in.

GLAAD spoke with A&E representatives on Wednesday morning to discuss why people would be offended by the comments and calls to action. ”They took this very seriously, as soon as the news broke,” Ferraro said.

When the glaadiators called for Phil's head, AE had to do something, so they suspended him. Had things gone according to the PC norm, Phil would have apologized and already been doing gay community service just glaad wanted:

“We believe the next step is to use this as an opportunity for Phil to sit down with gay families in Louisiana and learn about their lives and the values they share,” the spokesman said.

tv.yahoo.com...

The dude was asked his opinion ... and all the while the interviewer knew exactly what Mr. Duck would say. The faux-outrage over this has been insane. It's not like he was out spewing ... he simply answered a question. Anyways.... he's back on. I'm sure the fact that the entire family was ready to walk away has a lot to do with it.

HIs family standing firm and not caving had a tremendous impact, as did the overwhelming support they received from the public. The glaadiators overplayed their hand, most likely because they had such a big fish on the line, but it seems they didn't expect things to go so far off the PC script.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by antonia

Amazing how those on the Progressive side of things like to point out appearances of other people while screaming "Racist" and "Intolerance" every chance they get........

Yea, I am pointing out what they looked like. It's indicative of the scripted nature of their show. The controversy was never real. A&E never intended to keep him off the show permanently and that is the point: people getting outraged over fake, scripted BS.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

antonia

seeker1963
reply to post by antonia

Yea, I am pointing out what they looked like. It's indicative of the scripted nature of their show. The controversy was never real. A&E never intended to keep him off the show permanently and that is the point: people getting outraged over fake, scripted BS.

While screaming at the top of their lungs "his civil rights were broken"......

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Who didn't see A&E caving???

My "money" says they knew they would have to cave in the first 24.

edit on 12/27/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Yeah! The world is not going to end now!!

Maybe one day I might even watch one of their shows...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join