It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Obamacare Commercial Features 1/2 Naked Gay Men Licking Candy Canes

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Realtruth
t will be interesting to see what the results will bring.

Because they are going to piss off lots of people with this one.
edit on 21-12-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

There is no stopping the 'madness.' Anyone against the vid will be labeled.

Off topic:
Heard on C2C back in Nov/Dec 2011, a psychic predicted that 2012 would start the downfall of the alpha (masculine) figure and the underdog would gain favor. Can't remember how long she said it would last.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
OMG....I just replied to a thread regarding homosexuality and now this subject popped put as number 2 to see on the ATS webpage. Please tell me that I am NOT now just going to see gay stuff on ATS because of some kind of fancy filter you having running behind the screens on with me. I promise, I wont post in another gay thread. Take it away! Please!
edit on 21-12-2013 by ItzMeRon because: Added NOT....Not sure how I missed that word. lol

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

The administration should be embarrassed over this. Oh wait...someone gave approval.

Not liking this administrative... I am embarrassed for them and our country.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

ItzMeRon
OMG....I just replied to a thread regarding homosexuality and now this subject popped put as number 2 to see on the ATS webpage. Please tell me that I am NOT now just going to see gay stuff on ATS because of some kind of fancy filter you having running behind the screens on with me. I promise, I wont post in another gay thread. Take it away! Please!
edit on 21-12-2013 by ItzMeRon because: Added NOT....Not sure how I missed that word. lol

Sorry, but you have been infected...

Prepare to see things in Technicolor... Fabulous Technicolor....

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

It is rather upsetting they are using our tax money to make things like this to sell healthcare. Sex sells and they are trying to get young people to sign up which is why they went that route IMO. There was one sick part in that video and that is the window in the gingerbread house (the one above the door). They made the "window" look like that on purpose and it made me kinda sick to the stomach that they did that.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by OrphanApology

Also why are all the gay topic threads started by what appears to be straight identifying males?

What gives you the impression all the gay threads are started by straight identifying males? That's a broad statement. Even stereotyping and generalizing, it would seem?

I've paid attention to most of them and my own small note taking finds the trend. I could be 100% wrong, I was only making an observation.

I am not afraid of stereotyping or generalizing if it's based on small survey data that for that small demographic appears to fit.

Or broad research data like crime rates or gay women wearing flannel.

I am actually studying right now for the actuarial tests so when I go back to school I can take them. I can't afford tuition to finish my degree right now but when I do actuarial science is what I'm getting a second in. It's all I can study for right now.

The OP could be a woman? I haven't stalked him/her to know otherwise lol. I have just seen A LOT of gay threads not started by what appears to be teh gays lately.

This wasn't a generalization of every forum in the whole world, only of my isolated data from the very recent times in regard to gay related material on ATS.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Just don't try to put a bean in my butt and we are cool.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
And what about the opening in the ginger bread house above the door..!!! (lol)

It just seems, the whole thing, a little weird and rather stereotypical on the part of the federal government of the united states, relative to the gay community, to encourage enrollment in a health insurance program..?*%#%

I mean is that the way the gay community sees itself and the way that the rest of the country is supposed to see them? I don't think so.

I just don't get it.

If I were gay I'd be offended by it by the statement it appears to be making on my behalf. Being gay surely isn't a hyper-sexual thing, not as far as it relates to health care, is it? Aren't they just like every other citizen?

And if I were nothing more than an American citizen, period, whether gay or straight I'd be perhaps somewhat concerned about the thinking of my government that this is how they would represent their new health insurance program to that particular demographic.

And it's not because I'm anti-American, or anti-gay, or a prude that I say any of this, and it's not the homosexual content that makes this commercial creepy in a way, why can't anyone see that?

It's offensive to the gay community, not because of it's hyper-sexual content, but because of it's overtly stereotypical nature.

If I were a gay American I'd be insulted by it, turned on perhaps, but also deeply insulted.

Has the world and everyone gone insane?

It was a Christmassy commercial too..

It's absurd.

edit on 22-12-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
That's fine,,,now where is the one for lesbians?? oooh oooh!!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by snarky412

Seriously tho, do they really need 'sex' of any kind to sell Obamacare?
*shakes head*

Bingo!

I would be just as pissed if it was half naked men AND women!

This administration is absolutely disgusting!

This. Morals out the door. I guess this is what they call progress. I don't like it.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by snarky412

I wish people weren't so butt hurt ( pun intended) about sexuality in general.

North American Puritan Ideals are so 20th century.

~Tenth

Oh man. If I could go back in time, maybe to my great grandparent's time, I would go in a heart beat. My husband and I desperately want a life that doesn't involve what I see today. We just bought ourselves a small plot of land from an 89 year old generational homesteader in Montana. We'll be way out in the country, nearest town, 65 miles away. She interviewed many people and we got it. All of her family is gone, and the ones alive went to the city and would rather die than move up to the hi line.

Yes, I want to go back in time and that's what we're going to do. I'm fed up. I'm ready for hard work, my own food that I grow, a quiet and simple life, and a life away from immorality. If that makes me a horrible person then so be it. I'm not butt hurt over sexuality, but there are limits to everything, and in this day, it seems there are no limits at all.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
uhmm....does everyone know that this was produced, put up, and paid for, by a PRIVATE group?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Asktheanimals
I'd bet I wouldn't care for any of them,

That's just the thing... Just because something doesn't appeal to YOU doesn't mean there aren't others in this country who find it appealing. This country is diverse! And there's plenty of people who approve of things like this. Doesn't mean you have to. But there ARE other people in this country.

If you don't like it, don't watch it.

Our country is diverse, but that doesn't mean everything has to be hyper sexualized.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Taissa

Taissa
Our country is diverse, but that doesn't mean everything has to be hyper sexualized.

True. But advertizing was hyper-sexualized long before this ad came out.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

I'm wondering why everything I see by the mainstream involves overt sex in relation to homosexuals.

You should try being a female some time.

Because everywhere we turn all we see is half naked women in overtly sexual advertisements selling everything from toothpaste to tar remover.

Each gender takes more notice when their own gender is being used as a sex toy to sell goods to the masses.

I think it's great that the shoe is finally being put on the other foot. It's high time men got a taste of their own medicine.

(Not directed at you personally, badgerprints)

Not so fun having to look at some other man's half naked body prancing around with sexual innuendos on the television screen, is it boys ?!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

boncho
Where is the video of Myley Cyrus sticking a candy cane up her hoohaa to get the teen demographic sign up?

OMG so very fitting.

Personally I think the AHCP is crap but that my opinion. I believe it still serves those it was meant to serve....the insurance company. Do I want healthcare for all? Sure.

I propose this; get 3 conservatives and 3 liberals, hell I'll even throw in one lobbyist

Stick them in an office for 3 months with no food. Sooner or later they will form a consensus to eat the lobbyist. After which they will quickly come to an agreement that will serve mankind.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I think we all need to realize that as homosexuality becomes more mainstream and less oppressed, this type of "in your face" advertizing, TV shows and other marketing to the LGBT community is going to be more prevalent, just like other demographics are the focus of marketing. I'm sure it will die down eventually to an extent, but the cat's out of the bag and out of the closet.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Sexuality should NOT be a concern of the government!!!

If this was a commercial sponsored by some random organization, I could care less. However, this is sponsored by the so called Affordable Care Act! IE government..............

Would it be okay if it was a video of Christians sitting in a church????? Doubt it.............

Just more sick political pandering!

But your original post indicates it just may be a huge concern of yours when you added " Are these supposed to be "Sugar Plum Fairies"? ". Generally when one uses disparaging terms against someone / a group it's a clear indication of animosity towards them.

So it appears it's not really about who the government is concerned about, it's that the "concern of the day" on which the commercial was made and or aired happened to the LGBT community.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I'm not going to lie. I just read this headline and laughed for about 5 minutes. That sounds sexy ya'll. If he was some middle aged bald dude with a keg belly the sexiness of all of this would cause your computer screen to explode in orgasm!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

CranialSponge
reply to post by badgerprints

I'm wondering why everything I see by the mainstream involves overt sex in relation to homosexuals.

You should try being a female some time.

Because everywhere we turn all we see is half naked women in overtly sexual advertisements selling everything from toothpaste to tar remover.

Each gender takes more notice when their own gender is being used as a sex toy to sell goods to the masses.

I think it's great that the shoe is finally being put on the other foot. It's high time men got a taste of their own medicine.

(Not directed at you personally, badgerprints)

Not so fun having to look at some other man's half naked body prancing around with sexual innuendos on the television screen, is it boys ?!

Well,
Not quite true.
Any sports product is usually sowing bodies, razors even show men and women painted and showering. The sex sells mentality is all out there for both sexes. Even stuff like drinks, shoes, cars, deodorant....it goes on.
You think average guys don't wish they were built like some of those athletes?
The "buy this or you will remain inferior" mindset is also alive and well in advertising and actively used on both sexes.

My point is that sex is used to identify or target homosexuals as being different.
I don't know.
I'm not gay so maybe I don't "get it" but I see it as divisive.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join