It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Obamacare Commercial Features 1/2 Naked Gay Men Licking Candy Canes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

The Obama administration has recently teamed up with a campaign called #Out2Enroll, the brainchild of the Sellers Dorsey Foundation, a 501(c)(3) that focuses on “improving the health of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community,” according to their website.

The video, which features homosexual men licking candy canes, seems to promote risky sexual behavior and promiscuity.

Source

Now considering the current atmosphere involving Phil, and the intolerance toward him, how about this sick video!!
Now I don't care if your gay or straight but this is sickening to be a government promoted commercial for OBAMACARE!

Are these supposed to be "Sugar Plum Fairies"?

edit on 20-12-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Wait what?

You're outraged that a company or organization that caters specifically to LGBT citizens, has created a commercial to try and get those people to use the new exchange?

Are you kidding me?

From your source:

The video, which features homosexual men licking candy canes, seems to promote risky sexual behavior and promiscuity

See, this is the problem. Already slugging insults at the community for no apparent reason.

This is getting pathetic.

~Tenth
edit on 12/20/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

+53 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Sexuality should NOT be a concern of the government!!!

If this was a commercial sponsored by some random organization, I could care less. However, this is sponsored by the so called Affordable Care Act! IE government..............

Would it be okay if it was a video of Christians sitting in a church????? Doubt it.............

Just more sick political pandering!

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I do not subscribe to anything obummer promotes, and this is just another lame tactic to turn our focus away from this complete trainwreck of THEIR design and implementation. As some have said, they will target and force. After this they will hit the next group and so on... Every day you will find some news of just how corrupt and misleading they were and still are. This is the very meaning of sheer incompitent, and it is proven almost daily...joke of an administration...

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I bet every LGBT Signs up, and lots and lots of women!!

+27 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

tothetenthpower

Wait what?

You're outraged that a company or organization that caters specifically to LGBT citizens, has created a commercial to try and get those people to use the new exchange?

Are you kidding me?

From your source:

The video, which features homosexual men licking candy canes, seems to promote risky sexual behavior and promiscuity

See, this is the problem. Already slugging insults at the community for no apparent reason.

This is getting pathetic.

~Tenth
edit on 12/20/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

lol wait what?

I saw a gay guy at the mall the other day he wasn't in his underwear licking candy canes. Who's being insulting actually?

+34 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Where is the video of Myley Cyrus sticking a candy cane up her hoohaa to get the teen demographic sign up?

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I cannot stop giggling...

Is this what they have to resort to?

Wonder who will be the "face" of this farce that is chosen to properly represent after they toss these Chippendale-rejects out there?

The candy canes are mortified I'm sure

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

What, no big bossum blondes available to sell Obamacare???

Oh wait, that will be next.

Seriously tho, do they really need 'sex' of any kind to sell Obamacare?
*shakes head*

What does one's sexual preference have to do with AHA any way?
Nada, zilch

The video doesn't bother me.....the intentions of this administration is what bothers me.
However, it may draw women as well.
Also would provide for a good Hanes underwear commercial as well.....

edit on 20-12-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Sexuality should NOT be a concern of the government!!!

It's not, it's the concern of the organization who is reaching out to the LGBT community.

What you think the Gov is going to turn down FREE ADVERTISING?!

Would it be okay if it was a video of Christians sitting in a church????? Doubt it.............

Yes, and there are many religious groups and organizations who have supported similar, targeted advertising for similar programs like Medicare and Medicaid.

Just more sick political pandering!

If you say so.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

About as much to do with healthcare as the IRS does.

Votes,Baby...votes.

link   
reply to post by boncho

There isn't anything in that video that any of my gay friends would be offended by.

All of that is perfectly acceptable in the gay community at large. Personally I think it's all dumb but that's just one gay man's opinion.

~Tenth

+14 more 
link   

Seriously tho, do they really need 'sex' of any kind to sell Obamacare?
*shakes head*

Bingo!

I would be just as pissed if it was half naked men AND women!

This administration is absolutely disgusting!

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by boncho

There isn't anything in that video that any of my gay friends would be offended by.

All of that is perfectly acceptable in the gay community at large. Personally I think it's all dumb but that's just one gay man's opinion.

~Tenth

Heck there's not much in there that any one should be offended by IMO.

It reminds me of a Hanes underwear commercial but with dancing in a Chippendale-type of way

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I wish people weren't so butt hurt ( pun intended) about sexuality in general.

North American Puritan Ideals are so 20th century.

~Tenth

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I wonder WHY this particular group would somehow need additional and extra help on "strategies"?

Did the organizations involved receive extra donations perhaps?

(from the source)

In September, U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius held a meeting with the foundation at the White House to prepare for Obamacare’s launch.

The Obama administration and the foundation discussed strategies to get the gay and lesbian community to enroll. The above video is a result of such collaboration.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
There are little things on this, aside from a video so over-the-top for stereotype that the response it's bringing for some should be predictable, which make me wonder if it's legit at all. Nothing to be positive about ...but the Youtube channel has only 2 videos. There are also many points between the way the Foundation registers it's domains and the way this one is registered, to look at those details.

I'm hesitant before seeing more than groups obviously against it, making the connections to say they do in fact connect.

That just strikes me as one step this side of parody, and not in a nice way.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Perhaps because the LGBT community hasn't had any kind of support from the Government since...forever?!

And now that they've actually gained themselves some political ground as a community, they are doing what any political group does, which is engage the government in issues that are important to them.

Methinks healthcare is VERY important to the LGBT community, for the same reasons it is to everybody else.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

tothetenthpower

I wish people weren't so butt hurt ( pun intended) about sexuality in general.

North American Puritan Ideals are so 20th century.

~Tenth

I always say to each their own.
As long a person is happy, who cares who does what with whom???

Happiness is the main goal IMO

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Obviously, the people doing the advertising are relying heavily on the idea that sex sells. Compare this one to the ad with the young woman eyeballing the young man as she holds a pack of free birth control pills.

"OMG, lets hope he's as easy to get as this birth control!" reads the legend on the ad.

It's targeted at single women, but as a woman, I find it offensive.

So, I can't imagine that the implication that the only reason anyone signs up for health insurance is to get easy access to sex isn't equally offensive to a gay.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join