It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Obamacare Commercial Features 1/2 Naked Gay Men Licking Candy Canes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

snarky412

tothetenthpower
reply to post by snarky412

I wish people weren't so butt hurt ( pun intended) about sexuality in general.

North American Puritan Ideals are so 20th century.

~Tenth

I always say to each their own.
As long a person is happy, who cares who does what with whom???

Happiness is the main goal IMO

Well, now that we're being forced into subsidizing everyone else ... things you do that affect your health do sort of become everyone else's business.

This is why a lot of us didn't want anything to do with socialized health care in any form, Obamacare or otherwise.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I don't even know what to say, exactly. I mean, there's obviously no issue with targeting an underrepresented demographic but... this is kind of insulting.

I know several gay men and none of them do this around the house. It's sort of a cruel stereo type. Maybe it's a regional thing but, in my experience in my personal life, gay men are sports fans, professionals, gamers, car enthusiasts, etc.

I'm hoping this isn't serious. It would be like trying to reach out to Muslims by having a bunch of Arabic men dancing around with Ak-47s or Christians burning books, or Asian women crashing cars... it's just a bit queer.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

It's not, it's the concern of the organization who is reaching out to the LGBT community.

What you think the Gov is going to turn down FREE ADVERTISING?!

Huh what?

Sellers Dorsey Medicaid Consulting Firm or Sellers Dorsey Foundation? Oops.. lines are blurred…

www.sellersdorsey.com...

www.sellersdorsey.com...

tothetenthpower
reply to post by boncho

There isn't anything in that video that any of my gay friends would be offended by.

All of that is perfectly acceptable in the gay community at large. Personally I think it's all dumb but that's just one gay man's opinion.

~Tenth

How about realizing you are getting the wool pulled over your eyes by a medicare consulting company, its two namesake partners who also have a LGBT foundation that decide to use their influence to push crap onto the community they are supposedly fighting for.

Ahh…

edit on 20-12-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

My gripe is also the low class, low brow attempt by something government sponsored. Like I said, if this is status quo, how long till we see Miley Cyrus doing reindeer impressions with candy canes? *Candy canes being the "tail" of the reindeer.

1st rule of marketing. Word of mouth is your best channel.
2nd rule of marketing. If your product sucks, 1st rule will not work.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

How about the Obama Administraion Finally show an Inkling of Decorum for Once and Promote Heterosextual Behavior for what it is to MOST PEOPLE in this Country , NORMAL . Or is that Asking Too Much ?......Geez.......................

i297.photobucket.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by xuenchen

Perhaps because the LGBT community hasn't had any kind of support from the Government since...forever?!

And now that they've actually gained themselves some political ground as a community, they are doing what any political group does, which is engage the government in issues that are important to them.

Methinks healthcare is VERY important to the LGBT community, for the same reasons it is to everybody else.

~Tenth

The LGBT community has gained nothing from their recent government popularity except drawing a line a mile thick between them and anyone that does not agree with them. They want equality yet they scream to be depicted differently.

Why can't they just be people? Why should I know that your gay? I don't care. I don't care if you have sex with farm animals, what ever gets you off... but what does that have to do with politics or family?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Ahh loud noises! I'm losing coherency with understanding any of the gay vs. straightlaced arguments anymore

The advertisement was pretty funny. I like this video, as well - it was hilarious when I was in college.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Frankly I'm surprised the religious right hasn't used "we were born this way" as an argument for homophobic bigotry.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rupertg

Pardon?

As a member of the so-called "religious right" I find it offensive for its implications not because it's aimed at gays. They did the same thing to single women.

I find it offensives that apparently our government thinks everyone out here has the morals of a cat in heat and thus can be enticed into signing up for and forking over punitive amounts of money for anything that will promise to let us carry on like cats in heat with no consequences.

Everyone should be offended by it.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Comments are disabled for this video.

Bummer. I would have like to read those.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Healthcare is important to ALL Americans. And having it be truly affordable even more so.

What I find offensive is trying to get any group to think enrolling in this program is affordable or something most Americans really want.

Slick videos don't make ACA any more palatable.

edit on Fri Dec 20 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: clarity

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by xuenchen

Perhaps because the LGBT community hasn't had any kind of support from the Government since...forever?!

Its not the role of Government to support any group; may it be the CPT, XOXO, or LGBT...

Methinks healthcare is VERY important to the LGBT community, for the same reasons it is to everybody else.

~Tenth

Then sell it on merit; not sex.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Yeah why pander to select groups of American society at all?

Healthcare effects everyone one of us not whoever the administration deems to be 'cool'.

What is the effing point of all the selling of Obama care now?

Its effing law.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I don't know what it's supposed to be, but it sure is cute and "stuffed" with surprises

edit on 12/20/13 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
You target advertising towards a demographic that you need. Not one that you already have.

Just food for thought.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Ummm I saw this earlier on an up and coming "feminist" (which is a movement comprised mostly of LGBT and angry women) blog site which has been getting increasing exposure since the federal government decided they were going to increase their promotion of getting women politically active.

Let me just say that this video is specifically targeted toward the demographic of this site and they LOVE it.

That being said most of the people who frequent that website are very vocal about already having signed up for the ACA so I do not see how this is going to be effective at increasing enrollment.

As a side note I was shocked at the number of posters on said site which openly acknowledge the incredible amount of medication they are on due to (mental) health issues (this is also the case at my university).

This is just your typical attention seeking behavior found ohhh so often in politics and I am not impressed.

-FBB

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by boncho

There isn't anything in that video that any of my gay friends would be offended by.

All of that is perfectly acceptable in the gay community at large. Personally I think it's all dumb but that's just one gay man's opinion.

~Tenth

Well, some of my gay friends do have a problem with it.

It is called CLASS!

The quote: There are two things in society that cannot be faked. It's Class and a lack of Class!

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Whats with the fit scantily clad motif for selling this crap. First the near nude barely legals in Colorado and now this - sick overweight people need this (or at least some health care) not athlete fit adolescents.

Ugh Christmas is never gonna be the same again, Quick wheres my copy of its a wonderful life followed by A Christmas Story - They still do the 24 hour thing right - its gonna take some drastic action to get those images out of my head.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Why? You ask?

Because, they know that their law is crap, and that people arent going to comply.

Their numbers are really low-nobody is signing up- Thats why they are still trying to sell it.

BTW- This commercial is tacky(Just like this administration).
So- I guess it fits for them.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

The biggest problem I see with this video is that they aren't lesbians.

They need to do another one but with Naomi Rapace, Scarlet Johansen, Kate Beckinsale, and Amber Heard.

It wouldn't make me sign up for ACA but somehow I feel that it would improve my overall health and well being.

Regardless, the ACA is a scam and no amount of candy canes or cute gay boys is going to convince the average gay man otherwise. It's a complete piece of #. Everyone knows that now.

Also why are all the gay topic threads started by what appears to be straight identifying males?

Just Sayin'.
edit on 21-12-2013 by OrphanApology because: D

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
well it was entertaining.
i lul'ed a little

i.imgur.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join