It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5% of the Population is Gay...Will Gay People ever stop pushing their Agenda?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Aside from pride and openess, I think it comes down to mainly political groups that support gay communities to further their agendas.

It is a bit overdone at times, but we are approaching that time now where people are learning to accept different sexual orientations, I think good for them, people need to become familiar with the gay community and I dont think this will end until we learn to accept them. If they're still feeling the need to express their orientation then it might be because there is still awareness needed.

I don't like hearing about it when there is an election. And as far as were I live that IS the only time I hear about it

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

HerMisfits

Aside from pride and openess, I think it comes down to mainly political groups that support gay communities to further their agendas.

It is a bit overdone at times, but we are approaching that time now where people are learning to accept different sexual orientations, I think good for them, people need to become familiar with the gay community and I dont think this will end until we learn to accept them. If they're still feeling the need to express their orientation then it might be because there is still awareness needed.

I don't like hearing about it when there is an election. And as far as were I live that IS the only time I hear about it

Some people will never accept homosexuality, like myself, because it conflicts in my mind with the truth. But I am one of those that chooses to emigrate to a country with different laws and hope there'll never be a homosexual president of the US or any other LGBT country who would want to attack those countries and enfore their ways upon them. I'd never physically attack anyone nor would I want to mentally be abusive, regardless of orientation. So that leaves me with emigration plans, not blaming the gay community but the first who started doing it wrong, a ghost of the past, people can't help falling for the same lie and each generation it's passed on, wouldn't ever want to go against them since it's pretty much useless and a waste of time.
edit on 22-1-2014 by spiritspeak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by spiritspeak

That's a fair call, mind you if you don't mind me asking..

Why do you want to distance yourself from the LGBT community, or why would you relocate, or not want a president of that orientation?

How do you believe this affects yourself or livelihood?
edit on 22-1-2014 by HerMisfits because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by StarlightNine

Hi Starlightnine -

Sorry it's taken so long to reply. I've had a grandkid underfoot all day which isn't conducive to writing.

It is the wee hours and I've just noticed your reply.

Please don't think you have to loose sleep over a reply to me. I'd wait a week for an intelligent reply without any problems!

"However, when one stops to remember that, as you posit, the gay population is only 5%, who is accountable for the millions of new cases of sexually transmitted diseases each year? Heterosexuals, Ollie."

No, it t'wern't me that posited that but the OP. As far as hetero's passing on the vast majority of STDs I beg to differ with you. The chart at the CDC website here is pretty much the same as was when I looked it up back in the early 2000s. Nothing changed, really, and I doubt it's changed since 2011.

I've tried everything I can think of to pull the chart from page 2 of that .pdf file and post it as a picture here on ATS but nothing's working so far.

The fact that the CDC uses the characterization of "MSM" may be some sort of nod to political correctness but it shows graphically and without question that male homosexual sexual encounters are responsible for, what, 80% or more of the Syphillis infections? It also describes how 40% of those infections are already infected with HIV which is still probably higher than both hetero men and women. However it occurs it doesn't matter, it's the fluid transfer that transmits the infectious agents, not simply "anal sex". Simple kissing can do it just as well. It also speaks volumes as to why male homosexuality is a danger to society at large vs. lesbians that don't, by and large, have such promiscuous lifestyles. This is why the monogamous hetero- union was promoted as the safest and most efficient means of guaranteeing future progeny from the earliest times.

"Certainly Gay men have become more conscious, more careful than they ever were in the 80's. Believe me, I imagine they themselves, fear catching a disease more than you fear them catching one."

From your lips to God's ears but the facts state otherwise. I don't know about you but I've seen a number of news articles bemoaning the increase in "barebacking" and the spread of the HIV/AIDS virus over time.

"So perhaps, the whole idea of Christianity's message, has indeed been twisted so badly, it is not recognizable from its foundation and teachings. Jesus' teachings and messages were above all things:

Love, tolerance, compassion and forgiveness.
Nothing else was on his agenda but that. And above all - Love.
He did not differentiate between a bird loving a fish, or a man loving a man. Not his original teachings, he didn't.
Whatever man has done to them is something else entirely."

Love, yes, but "tolerance"? Even Christ had His limitations on that. He never sent someone off without saying "clean up your act"! Many (the rich man was used as only an example of the many encounters like this Yeshua had) left without doing so because they didn't have the desire. That's when the verse "with Christ all things are possible" comes into play. But if you DON'T want change or you've fallen for the propaganda line that says "this is the way I was born and this is all I can be" then that IS all you ever will be. No good change ever happens without some pain involved but pain is something this generation of humans tries to avoid at all costs.

This is the thing that the homosexual agenda has INSISTED on from the beginning - complete and total acceptance (read: surrender) to the lifestyle by Christians of all stripes. No criticism is allowed in any way, shape or form. As I mentioned before this isn't what is meant by "love". If something is wrong then it stays wrong; but, again, you are free to continue on whatever path you choose. The only people we know of that Christ got "physical" with were the money changers. Everyone else He sent away either changed or not. It was up to them.

I was reading through 1st Corinthians last night again in the Jewish New Testament. Paul was saying that, among many others, homosexuals should not be included in their worship and other services. Whether you're an agnostic or outright atheist if you aren't going to believe anything until you see Yeshua coming down from the Heavens like He left into them then all of this conversation is, of course, moot. Paul's words were, thankfully, a distinct change from the teachings of the Law in Leviticus which would have had homosexuals found in the midst of the early Israelites killed outright. Perhaps it was due to the fact the group he was writing to was outside of Israel or perhaps he took it upon himself to lighten up on that group and class of sin so that they would then have a path to salvation as he understood it then.

There's tons more that could be written but that makes for extra long posts so I'll look forward to hearing from you.
edit on 22-1-2014 by Ollie769 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2014 by Ollie769 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ollie769

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

Yep, that would be the one. However I was trying to cut out and copy the chart on page 2, save it as either .jpeg or other common graphic format and then give it to Photobucket but I couldn't find out how to save it in Windows 7. I had a program in XP that would accept a copy and paste like that but I haven't found it in W7 yet.

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I saw you wanted the 2Nd page but figured I'd put all 3 up so nobody could be accused of taking it out of context. Honestly, I saved them as jpg by accident trying to copy the pics on my iPad and it pulled up a weird apple version of ms paint that let me save each page individually.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Criticism is one thing, but to call us abominations, "Unnatural" against "God", not allowed to Adopt. not allowed marry, etc and use Religion as a backing that is not simple "Criticism"

that is quite hypocritical, for everyone saying "Don't shove it in my face" and yet they turn around and shove Religion in ours by telling us what God said and intended for us, likewise saying we are not Born this way

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

HerMisfits

That's a fair call, mind you if you don't mind me asking..

Why do you want to distance yourself from the LGBT community, or why would you relocate, or not want a president of that orientation?

Distancing means I somehow imagine LGBT in my version of 'the world'. It's like a dormant object, asleep, I don't pay attention to it, except for certain news articles. But I've already thought of multiple scenario's for how this movement will evolve and the effects of it on the general population so I just have to fit in the news article.

I just think it would be a dangerous thing to foreign relations if there was an openly homosexual president. It would just not be the right example, not something I would want to be a part of. I just want to live in a society where the default is dominant and there's nothing else and preferably those who claim in public there is something else would not be punished too severely.

How do you believe this affects yourself or livelihood?
edit on 22-1-2014 by HerMisfits because: (no reason given)

It's a waste of my time having to explain to my children why the other has two fathers or two mothers. Why should I and others have to waste time on a subject somebody else chose and could have been easy to explain. Otherwise I can choose my customers, just enough to get by but no time wasted on a subject I don't have an interest in. I seriously suspect some of the problems I had in my profession was due to the subject and my stance which didn't add to productivity. As a whole I wonder how it affects the economy and people. For example, how do women feel about some men believing men are better? I can't endorse or support something like that, I chose the side of women in this. And ofcourse I don't like it very much when women claim women are better for them, but in either case I wouldn't want to seek them out or anything rather the opposite. Which will take me some years of preparation but in the end I believe I'll become happier even though I will think about the people I used to live with, I just can't ever see myself agreeing.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

No T no Shade, but that is a close minded view of the world, you don't want to "Waste" your time teaching your children diversity? you would rather them follow the cookie cutter line?

The world is diverse, it's full of expression it's how we thrive. you saying it's a waste of time to teach that is sad and dreary.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Darth_Prime

No T no Shade, but that is a close minded view of the world, you don't want to "Waste" your time teaching your children diversity? you would rather them follow the cookie cutter line?

The world is diverse, it's full of expression it's how we thrive. you saying it's a waste of time to teach that is sad and dreary.

There is so much to learn in just one lifetime, no need for learning homosexuality except how not to do it and listening to people who don't get that, but don't believe anything they say, not all expressions are good. There is only one line, you call it cookie cutter, that's fine by me. It's the original one that has always been there and always will be. We thrive because of that cookie cutter line, it's what enables us to imagine infinity through imagining how our children will be like in the future, not anything else.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Darth_Prime

Poignant...

I agree we should of course teach this type of diversity.

The point of my OP, though poorly worded was let me teach this to my kids.

Get it off my television. Get those very few militants out of my family's face.

Live your life to its fullest. I have nothing but love for all humanity.

I am uncomfortable with a few of the LGBT leaders in your face approach.

I have been called lots of vile crap for writing this thread.

I have tried to kill it twice. Why is my kids innocence less important than someone's sex life?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Then don't teach "Heterosexual Stuff" either, don't throw Heterosexual stuff in peoples faces don't throw religion in peoples faces.... what kind of world does that sound like.. Freedom?

You want to hide homosexuality away and keep it as a Taboo subject, what if your Child was homosexual? would you want him/her growing up in fear like many of the youth? knowledge can be used for good and bad, but positive education can be powerful.

i understand you don't want people "Forcing" you to accept Homosexuality, maybe your religion dictates your beliefs in life, that is your right, own it. but to try to suppress peoples freedoms and expression just because they are "Homosexual" is dictatorship

i'm not calling you names, nor attacking you in any way

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Darth_Prime

Criticism is one thing, but to call us abominations, "Unnatural" against "God", not allowed to Adopt. not allowed marry, etc and use Religion as a backing that is not simple "Criticism"

that is quite hypocritical, for everyone saying "Don't shove it in my face" and yet they turn around and shove Religion in ours by telling us what God said and intended for us, likewise saying we are not Born this way

Hey Darth,
Name calling has always been a lame cop-out in any debate. It simply means you’ve run out of ammo and are running on emotional fumes. I think just about every post I’ve put here and on other threads for this subject I’ve said if you want to live according to that way of thinking, that orientation, then no one should be able to tell you to do otherwise unless you’re hurting other people, or, in some outlandish way, hurting yourself.

But, as far as “unnatural” and “against God” goes, well, I think you blew it on that one. Well, I take that back, at least on the first one.

Let me say, just as a matter of reference on personal philosophy here, I haven’t attended or been a member of a Christian church, Protestant or otherwise, in years and years. Honestly, the charge of “unevolved”, as one heavy breather charged a few posts back, would probably apply to a lot of Christians that have no more interest in their religion than weekly attendance and pot lucks. I personally believe in reincarnation and think our human history’s real story lies somewhere between Zechariah Sitchin and Lloyd Pye’s theories. I would encourage anyone reading to visit a site named The Chronical Project here. It would appear that the Hebrew written language is something beyond a simple ancient tongue. A self-correcting language doesn’t “evolve”. It’s created!

Back to the charge of “unnatural”. Personally, in purely technical terms, homosexuality, bestiality, all those dastardly things Phil Robertson described are probably closer to a “natural” state of man than monogamy and keeping to a straight hetero- lifestyle. This is because the main thrust, if you will, of TRUE religion is to raise us up out of the dust we came from, give us the tools to take command of our emotional sides as well as train and perfect our logical sides to command and control the emotions we “naturally” have. This has always been the mark of a true mature human. Animals do what they will, when they want and only change through fear of getting the crap beat out of them when they soil our new furniture. Changing because you realize there is something better to be had is TRUE evolution! This has been our "home work" for the past 4,000 years or so. Unfortunately and all too often, though, leaving "the hood" means you can't ever go back!

Homosexual couples are allowed to adopt in some states. I don’t know about Texas, but in many they are. (Are you in the U.S.?) I would hope that they are vetted as carefully as hetero- couples are and not given a pass in a fit of political correctness.

edit on 23-1-2014 by Ollie769 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

whyamIhere

I have tried to kill it twice...

Aww, don't do that! Things are just starting to get interesting!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

There are no easy answers...

Where does your right to be you begin?

Where does it end?

Thanks for at least trying to understand where I am coming from.

I really do want you to be treated fair....I cannot answer your questions.

So in the end....I hope we all learned something....I did.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Like Captain America says: "That's not freedom, that's fear."

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

More importantly. When will you and the other 95% quit harping on something that is only 5% of the population? Especially since its YOU not them...in the majority?

You win. Stop being critical. Let them live how they want. They are entitled as you are entitled to live how you and the majority...wants to!
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Darth_Prime

Then don't teach "Heterosexual Stuff" either, don't throw Heterosexual stuff in peoples faces don't throw religion in peoples faces.... what kind of world does that sound like.. Freedom?

This goes for everyone ofcourse, but no one is forcing anyone to buy a computer, an internet subscription and go to ats or any other site for that matter. I'm not visiting lgbt propaganda sites nor would I ever protest against anyone running such a site or hosting it.

That is freedom to me, I don't have anything to do with them, they don't have anything to do with me. It just takes some time to be able to recognize them so to better avoid them in society and when confronted not getting sucked into the lgbt discussion or the validity of such a lifestyle, understanding what is rejected. Just as much as for comparison only a different faith, one believes in heaven, the other in nothing, another believes in nirvana or eternal sleep. Someone believes in that love I don't mind as long as they don't want my acceptance which to me would mean I would have to regard it as something 'good' which I can't since good is standard and leads to procreation, everything else just isn't and can never be.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Darth_Prime I commend you for your efforts with these types of posts that bash the LGBT community, but why bother, you will never change the mind of those who use their religion as the reason for the bashing.

I no longer comment on these threads as I noticed they seem to fall by the by quite quickly if ignored.

Whilst when I started using ATS I did get into heated debates and nine times out of ten the thread ends up closed, as I am sure you are aware because you and I have posted in these threads. In one thread I was awarded 500 bonus points (no idea what they are) and yet four other MODS deleted my comments (I was going of topic, so understandable).

At the end of the day Darth_Prime, you and I know as well as other LGBT members here on ATS that we did not choose the sexuality we have, (we would be rather sadist if we did, considering the amount of hatred towards us). With that in mind, just ignore these kinds of posts as you will never change their views, just as they cannot change our views.

Personally, i think it would be great if ATS stopped all these gay threads cause i am sick of hearing about it, and the best bit is its not even started most of the time by a LGBT member. It is a conspiracy site after all.

Finally, to anyone else reading this, there is no "GAY AGENDA", we do not all meet up for secret meetings just as there is no "STRAIGHT AGENDA". if the figure of 5% is accurate then that would be 350 million LGBT members in the world, that's some big a**e meeting room!

Peace and Karma to you Darth_Prime

edit on 24.1.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join