It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5% of the Population is Gay...Will Gay People ever stop pushing their Agenda?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Darth_Prime
reply to post by ChesterJohn

i siad i don't expect "Special treatment' or "Special Rights" just true equality for everyone. the right to speech, expression, belief etc.

question: when was the last time you were told to leave a store because you were making people feel uncomfortable?

i have my answer

I have never witnessed that towards anyone and many of have not. I am sure your incident is rare and may be ther is more info than you are letting on i.e. maybe you were carressing each other and walking around with big buldges in your pants in public that would be uncomfortable for many. As uncomfortable as I am with gay men and Lesbians I have never asked them to leaves any of my businesses nor expressed my feeling to them.

I should mention that many hetero couples have been fined and jailed for just holding hands in public in many countries. In others a kiss will land them in Jail. And that would be the same for homosexual couples as well.

Should people be given special recognition of rights above that of all others because of how they perceive or feel?

Should they be given special recognition of rights above that of all others because of their emotional desires differ from the norm?

A mature person who wants to practice homosexuality doesn't care about what others think or feel about them.

The whole movement of special enforcement of the recognition of rights already given all people in the US, by a small percentage of LGBT is because they are not secure emotionally in their sexuality. In order to FEEL, to have their EMOTIONAL security, they must force others to take special recognition of their rights over everyone else. They make unfounded claims they are born this way and do everything in their power to enforce this into their psyche and like all other patterns it becomes a NORMAL habit of mind so real that the lie is swallowed by the pseudo-psychiatry as legitimate state of being. But emotions are not what anyone should base science on.

In short grow up be a man or the woman you are physically.

edit on 24-12-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I agree. That and gay guilt brought on people gotta walk on egg shells. I see a lot of people born gay or whatever but then I see trends of rebellious children like Cher's daughter now son, Martha Stewart's daughter...Last but not least Dick Cheney's daughter. It's like kids with big personality big job parents say oh yeah mom, dad I'll show you I'll go gay! I just don't know what to make of it besides each circumstance is different.

Does anyone find it interesting that more men are gay then women?
I forgot the stars but it's was roughly 30% difference published buy the Lesbian Gay Alliance.

I apologize now if I hurt your feelings but growing up I watched kids who were abused start to abuse their kids when they had em or alcoholism being passed down as a learned behavior. If children of same sec marriage start to be gay in large numbers then what? They were born that way? Or raised that way? Either way everyone is so scared to offend it's become offensive !

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I am going to have my Linus moment here....

%
I am on a quiet stage with a blue blanket and a spot light.

When the Founding Fathers created the new government and wrote the Constitution, they did not make us a democracy, they made us a republic, or Constitutional Democracy.

This not only to express the will of the majority, but to protect the unalienable rights of the minority, and those without power.

By screaming that gays only make 5% of the population, is railing against the very process that this country was founded on, the ability of the %5, even 3% or 1.5%, to be heard.

"as democracy is conceived today, the minority's rights must be protected no matter how singular or alienated that minority is from the majority society; otherwise, the majority's rights lose their meaning." ~Tocqueville

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Johnathanandheather

I agree. That and gay guilt brought on people gotta walk on egg shells. I see a lot of people born gay or whatever but then I see trends of rebellious children like Cher's daughter now son, Martha Stewart's daughter...Last but not least Dick Cheney's daughter. It's like kids with big personality big job parents say oh yeah mom, dad I'll show you I'll go gay! I just don't know what to make of it besides each circumstance is different.

Does anyone find it interesting that more men are gay then women?
I forgot the stars but it's was roughly 30% difference published buy the Lesbian Gay Alliance.

I apologize now if I hurt your feelings but growing up I watched kids who were abused start to abuse their kids when they had em or alcoholism being passed down as a learned behavior. If children of same sec marriage start to be gay in large numbers then what? They were born that way? Or raised that way? Either way everyone is so scared to offend it's become offensive !

Math not a strong suit of yours?

How many celebrities do you think there are?

So if we go with the average that 5% of the population is gay, the handful of celebrities children that have come out is probably even less than 5%.

How about this...their children are just gay. And they are only coming out now just because it is safer too.

The gay rights movement has been the fastest civil rights movement in the country, only 30 years ago was it absolutely forbidden to be gay.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

By screaming that gays only make 5% of the population, is railing against the very process that this country was founded on, the ability of the %5, even 3% or 1.5%, to be heard.

Fair point...

The "Majority" has rights as well.

The OP was a Rant. A poorly worded Rant.

My beef is with a tiny fragment of in your face Gay folks.

I have spent my entire life defending people's rights.

To be attacked as a bigot for speaking out is #4 on their Agenda.

So in the spirit of the Season. Let's put a Christmas fork in this thread.

Merry Christmas....End Rant.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

No, i wasn't with anyone, i wasn't "Holding Hands" *Shock* i wasn't walking around in hot pants, i wasn't making a scene. i was told that i was making people feel uncomfortable and i should leave, even though i was shopping, even though i was spending my money there, i was told to leave.. that kind of thing is not a one time occurrence.

does everyone face that? no, but do straight people? rarely, and a lot less than Gay people.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Amen! I'm all for equal rights! 100%!!

But give a brother a break!

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

What do you mean? I always bake cookies in azz-less chaps

But this year, the boyfriend got me some Christmas themed Speedos that I thought were more appropriate for the making of cookies.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Thank you for clarifying!

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

But were the speedos worn with or without a Santa hat? That's the real determining factor for how fabulous you are lol

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Nope, I talked to them personally about this. They seem immovable over this concept until you "whyamIhere" are either turned or publicly come out of the closet.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Darth_Prime

No, i wasn't with anyone, i wasn't "Holding Hands" *Shock* i wasn't walking around in hot pants, i wasn't making a scene. i was told that i was making people feel uncomfortable and i should leave, even though i was shopping, even though i was spending my money there, i was told to leave.. that kind of thing is not a one time occurrence.

does everyone face that? no, but do straight people? rarely, and a lot less than Gay people.

I don't understand this. It is not like ethnicity or gender where the difference is visible. No one knows you are gay unless you advertise in some fashion. I know from other post of yours that you are a drag queen so were you perhaps in drag? I am sorry but most people are going to feel uncomfortable simply because it is completely contrary to the norm. Its like someone wearing a gorilla costume everywhere, it is going to get attention. If this was not the case then please explain how someone would know your sexual preference without you broadcasting/advertising?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

SgtHamsandwich
WOW, are you guys kidding me? Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? You sound just like the bigots that said women should not be able to vote and that black people should not have rights. They only reason we hear about homosexuals is because they don't have the same civil rights that strait people have had for eons. If they could get married and enjoy the same benefits that we have all had then you would not hear a peep from them. just because they are a minority in a country full of yayhoo's does not deny them to be just as happy or miserable as married straight people. I grew up in Alabama and was raised a southern baptist. I was raised to hate. Logically that just does not make sense to me. I am no longer religious and care not to associate myself with that load of crap. I however do feel that gay marriage should be kept out of the church because with christian beliefs, it has no place there. However, they should be able to marry on a civil level.

Is this who you are? Because that who you sound like.

[IMAGE REMOVED BY STAFF]

edit on 12 20 2013 by SgtHamsandwich because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Dec 21 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

That is not how he sounds, he makes a good point and the gays and lesbians jump all over his 'agenda' and make it like he is anti-gay!
I think his point is so many gay and lesbians want to 'shove it down your throat!" (sorry, pun not intended!)
I have no issues with the majority of homosexual people but it's the ones that has to shove their lifestyle in your face every chance you get!
Why is it heterosexual people get blasted for bringing up a subject that is filled with facts?
Like someone else mentioned, the gay pride parades are sickening, some (not all) are doing disgusting things in front of the public and yell discrimination if the cops try to stop it!
I;m not sure what image you tried to post but the fact that the ATS staff thought it not fit to print proves my point!
Okay, this is the part where you reply and start calling me homophobic and other names!

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

whyamIhere
This has been bugging me for quite awhile.

I get it. Some people are Gay. I really am happy you can be with who you want.

But, quit shoving it down our throats. You are 5% of the population.

How many gay people are there in the United States? The Williams Institute at the UCLA School of Law, a sexual orientation law and public policy think tank, estimates that 9 million (about 3.8%) of Americans identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender (2011). The institute also found that bisexuals make up 1.8% of the population, while 1.7% are gay or lesbian. Transgender adults make up 0.3% of the population.

I have always loved my Gay Friends. They are not militant. But this whole LGBT?

Live your life. Why live your life constantly being identified by your sexuality?

I am not speaking about all Gay people. Just the small army of militant Gays.

Stop it......End Rant.
Www.gaylife.about.com

I totally agree with you. In liberal societies I see no reason why Gays or Lesbians need to advertise how they identify themselves sexually, or who they want to F or be F'd by unless specifically asked what the answer is to either of those things. Key term there being 'liberal society' like here in Canada. Now I am not saying things are perfect here for LGBT people just like they aren't in the redneck southern US communities (which actually make up quite a large portion of the US population) for black/white relationships, but they are 100% better than almost everywhere else on the planet.

Gay marriage is legal here, and in fact it has been for quite some time. Gay couples can marry in churches, or in front of the justice of the peace. They can share insurance policies, pension benefits, and even a milkshake at the theatre. I could go on, but I won't because the point is simple. Not the fact that LGBT people are generally accepted as equals throughout the Canadian population - even though they are- but the fact that LGBT people are accepted by the Canadian government, and are granted equal rights to heterosexual people has put a cap on hearing about issues which people like yourself refer to as being 'shoved down their throat' when having to justify to themselves their bigoted opinions.

You don't want to hear about LGBT people screaming 'we're here, we're queer' or how 2 men or 2 women want to be able to marry one another? Then legalize it. Stop complaining and grow up. No one is shoving anything down your throat, unless sadly you live in a horrible situation where someone identifying themselves as an LGBT member in forcibly prying open your jaws on a consistent basis and shoving 'homosexual' literature, clothes, sex toys, etc or actual homosexual people, down your throat and making you literally eat them. In that case I take everything back, and suggest that you contact the straight policy right away.

*a side note: statistically speaking it is known a minimum of Canada's population identify themselves as an LGBT member. Given this information you might want to read some other 'surveys' to justify your personal prejudiced opinion.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Don't know if you noticed but a majority of gays are obsessed with attention seeking behavior and in fact if you got to know them it would appear that gaining attention is the reason many chose that lifestyle. I don't think they will ever stop pushing an offensive agenda on the rest of the population becuase their primary goal in life is to stay the center of attention and do whatever they want, and they want to be worshiped.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

neilarm
Don't know if you noticed but a majority of gays are obsessed with attention seeking behavior and in fact if you got to know them it would appear that gaining attention is the reason many chose that lifestyle. I don't think they will ever stop pushing an offensive agenda on the rest of the population becuase their primary goal in life is to stay the center of attention and do whatever they want, and they want to be worshiped.

This is because most homo's are insecure with their sexuality. Insecurity often causes the person to seek attention and the gay life style attracts that attention from family, friends and peers. they don't feel good unless they have the attention and it does not always have to be good attention even wrong attention fills the void. This again is proof that most of their homosexual tendencies are based in their emotions/feelings and not based in truth.

I have known a homosexual/gay couple who lived normal lives and never flaunted it, lived with their partners and seemed and did have what most would call fulfilled lives. One died unexpectedly of a heart attack and his other committed suicide by stabbing himself with a 10 inch chef's knife while listening to classical music in the living room of his home some 15 years later.

Many gays would say the reason gay suicide is higher than the norm is because of social acceptance (that is blame someone else for your problems). But the truth is they are unstable mentally because they have an problem with who they are and often are very insecure people deep down. The problem is they were never taught how to Identify correctly with their true sexuality and that leads to an unstable emotional/mental state. Hence the higher rate is do to their own fault and not that of societies acceptance.

I have to agree most are attention seekers. Even the more quiet ones like the couple I mentioned. The second partner was an accomplished singer and choir director, very active in upper crust society (as many are), a cultural director for the city where he lived for 25 years, had a local gourmet cooking show and weekly newspaper column as a restaurant reviewer/critique. He lived on attention and after he retired no one knew him anymore so he took his life in a way he felt people would remember him, Dramatically.

edit on 25-12-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

It is one thing when you are gay and keep it to your self but quite another when you attempt to impose what, at least in Christianity, is viewed as a deviant and perverse lifestyle and an abomination in the eyes of God, as an accepted lifestyle. It is an abomination in the eyes of the creator, so why not keep it personal and private and not impose it on the rest of society.
Today, you have the media attacking and ridiculing Phil Robertson's (Dynasty Duck) point of view in GQ. These were mild and inoffensive comments, and Phil was exercising his God given right of free speech to express a personal point of view that was inoffensive but "politically incorrect". Since when does "political correctness" supersede the will of our creator.
Rather than place the love of God first in our lives, America has turned it's attention to a Communist God of the left, call it Satan or whatever, and replaces sanctity of god with deviant sexual lifestyles and practices that are in direct contradiction to his laws. Sanctity of the family is dominant in the eyes of God who does not consider the union of a gay couple as a family.
God makes his views on homosexuality clear in the bible. The anti-god element that has hi-jacked society glorifies homosexuality as a preferred lifestyle. It is glorified in TV programs, praised in newspapers and magazines with feature article on celebrity gay couples, beit Elton John or Elen Degeneres, Rosy O'Donnel etc. Journalists are estatic when they adopt children who will be exposed and influenced by their deviant lifestyles.
Young children far below the age of puberty who are too young to understand their own sexuality are taught sex education including acceptance of homosexual relationships as a normally accepted lifestyles.
How does this degenerate and deviant left maintain their momentum without blow-back? They use the umbrella of "Political Correctness" that maintains that you are some type of pariah if you criticize homosexuality. The implications that this is a subtle attack on Christianity, religion and ultimately the foundations on which the greatness of America rests.
Although homosexuality is not responsible for the record number of abortions, it indirectly plays an important role. Sex education at an early age is a part of the package to promote homosexuality. Sex education turns the back seat of a bicycle into a laboratory and explains why teenage pregnancies are at all time highs. Although, Nancy Pelosi, is doing the work of Jesus and is pro-abortion, this is not the policy or doctrine of the almighty.
in today's world, you have a CPS (child protective services) populated by pedophiles, TSA populated by sex predators and even the churches are not immune to sex crimes. Perversion, decadence and porn and exting is the new religion in America. It is designed to destroy both the family and family values as the world transitions into a new world order. If you talk religion in America you are treated like you have the plague. Talk technology, sexuality and perversion and people ask where the party is.
You can thank the communist left and their sick obsession with perverse lifestyles and doctrine of "political correctness" for the state of morality and pathos that exists in America today. America has no moral compass and people,like the readers of this forum ,who remain tolerant by way of silence, and permit this shift to glorify lives of perversion and decadence are, in no small part, responsible. Where is the Christian work ethic, and unwavering worship and obedience to God today? These are life principles that are scorned and ridiculed and criticized as outdated and irrelevant.
Does anyone wonder why America is under judgement? Nobody cares and when it comes, life will be a bitch. We are all waiting to be raptured out of here. For those of you that do; good luck. Today Phil Robertson is the one to be singled out and punished and sacrificed as we continue to glorify and sanctify, perversion and decadence.

"It is no measure of mental health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” — Krishnamurti

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I have an idea. We could end most of the world's problems by firing the following people directly into the Sun:

Homophobes
Bigots
Xenophobes
Racists
Partisans
Anyone who says they are Christian, Jewish, or Muslim and yet judges or oppresses other people.

The rest of us left over can then put our energy into loving each other, our planet, and our descendants. Can we imagine how much more relaxing it would be for all of us if we didn't have to guard and defend against those with hate in their hearts?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Your statements are so ignorant you are not even funny, i get it, you have your freedom of belief, and i defend it, hell i appreciate that you say what you believe freely. but your statements are ignorant, you are speaking about people you know nothing about. or you know a Gay person, or your friend is gay and they told you that this is how the Gay community really is, regardless your statements are Ignorant.

we are nothing but attention seeking whores? shall we talk about the religious people saying God bless you? have a blessed day? wearing their crosses, pointing to the sky, praying. or all the Jewish people wearing their Kippah?

or what about you straight people flaunting your masculinity and femininity daily

i am not calling you homophobic, or bigoted. i am saying your remarks are ignorant and void of truth

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

I walked the road of Homosexual experimentation and practice. I know a lot more than you think.

I also did not say ALL were attention hunting but a good many are. I simply agree with one who brought up the attention issue and added to that.

But All (gay or straight, male and female) that I have counseled with that have insecurity issues are all attention seekers. there mode of getting attention vary from inward personalities to outgoing personality but all are based on emotions and feelings rather than truth.

edit on 25-12-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join