It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5% of the Population is Gay...Will Gay People ever stop pushing their Agenda?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+57 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This has been bugging me for quite awhile.

I get it. Some people are Gay. I really am happy you can be with who you want.

But, quit shoving it down our throats. You are 5% of the population.

How many gay people are there in the United States? The Williams Institute at the UCLA School of Law, a sexual orientation law and public policy think tank, estimates that 9 million (about 3.8%) of Americans identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender (2011). The institute also found that bisexuals make up 1.8% of the population, while 1.7% are gay or lesbian. Transgender adults make up 0.3% of the population.

I have always loved my Gay Friends. They are not militant. But this whole LGBT?

Live your life. Why live your life constantly being identified by your sexuality?

I am not speaking about all Gay people. Just the small army of militant Gays.

Stop it......End Rant.
Www.gaylife.about.com

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Honestly I agree. I don't tell the world about my sex life. I do not want to hear about others either. S & F
edit on 12 20 13 by crawley because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

whyamIhere
I have always loved my Gay Friends. They are not militant. But this whole LGBT?

Live your life. Why live your life constantly being identified by your sexuality?

I see your point. Straight people don't do this.

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

As long as the far Left continue to use the Gay Community as a political tool...we'll keep hearing loud and clear the PC, BS, that currently permeates the media.

JMOHO...

Des

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I think any good cause can be taken to extremes and it becomes self-defeating when it does.

For some reason, and perhaps it's just the sheer speed with which change has come on this social issue, some folks think this is one with no such limits to define extremes for how far it goes. Not everyone, by any stretch. However, I think enough within the LGBT community are over the top aggressive and hostile about agenda to be what sticks in many people's minds. Right or wrong, it simply is what it is.

It's been refreshing to occasionally see decent folk from that community agree on threads here, regarding the fact some do go way too far with trying to force everyone to think the same way. It's just a rare thing it seems, to hear that side through all the yelling and demands for this or that.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Remember the election in 2012? (Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul) It seems as though anyone with an agenda, no matter how benign, will flood the media.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Why not have a straight pride parade?
2nd.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

It seems to me like the LGBT movement wont the culture war and are now going back over the battlefield to bayonet the wounded.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Is this a serious thread?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Damn right, totaly agree S&F

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
5% seems kind of high, I suspect many activist types who answered a poll were misrepresenting themselves.

It's interesting to know how our free speech is directed and held hostage by a noisy and resentful few.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Appearing to be anti gay, is the new racists. It's become very aggressive in nature to quickly latch onto anything anyone in the media, be it TV, radio, or print, who says anything that may be taken as not wholly supporting the gay community, as being an outright attack! I find this deplorable, Wrabbit.

And, for those who think I'm anti gay. My Daughter, when she was born had 2 God Mothers. Both Men. A Dear couple, friends of the Family, and the best choice for God Parents.

Des

edit on 20-12-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I'm a brutally handsome straight male and I try and exercise my sexual agendas almost every night with large breasted women in the bars I frequent.

I spend a fortune on drinks....

I'm not interested in the least what gay men do.
edit on 20-12-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWrightWing

It's interesting to know how our free speech is directed and held hostage by a noisy and resentful few.

That's true for the groups who support LGBT and those who don't as well.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

It would be deemed homophobic from the get go.
I'll never understand people whose entire identity is based on their sexuality. Straight people do it too and we call them sex-crazed nymphos and what not. It takes an uninteresting person to base their idenity on which hole they prefer.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I'm always interested to know what the "gay agenda"is? What's the goal, to turn all your kiddies gay? I don't think it works like that.

Remember it was illegal only a few decades ago?

If people want a straight pride, there's nothing stopping you? Plenty of street raves and bloc parties where straight people can dance and be proud of themselves and celebrate their struggle against prejudice

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

It's a rant....

I have love in my heart for all people.

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

whyamIhere

AfterInfinity

It's a rant....

But is it a serious rant? Are you seriously this upset about homosexuals?

Because the moment you admit you are gay, you ARE identified by your sexuality. Going through school, the first and foremost source of entertainment in my presence was jokes about my gay mothers. I don't even have to be gay to immediately be associated with homosexuality, because of my parents. In those days, the most interesting thing about me wasn't even any of my business, because it happened in their bedroom. There was no, "Hey, how are you doing?" or "Beautiful day, isn't it?" It was, "Do they ever...you know, do it? Like, when you're around?" or "How do they do it? Because they both have female anatomy, and I've always wondered...have you ever tried to watch them? Do you think it would be fun?"

I've never been ashamed of my parents for even a second because of their sexuality, but by golly, having homosexual parents gave me front row seats to the most depraved high school freak show you can imagine. Maybe that kind of saved me from developing the sort of mentality those kids had towards sex and relationships and just emotional interactions, period. I've never thought of it that way, but it's arguable. Besides, I'm pretty sure at least 50% of our respective identities are forged from the relationships we have with other people. There's only one of you and hundreds of them. That's a lot of one-sided opinions, and they all go into your reputation, and hence your identity.

edit on 20-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Why live your life constantly being identified by your sexuality?

Because people are denied their rights because of their sexuality? Just like women had to fight for their rights in this country. And blacks had to fight for their rights in this country gays are having to fight for their rights in this country.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

whyamIhere

AfterInfinity

It's a rant....

Fantastic....just don't try and force it down our throats.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join