It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**ALL MEMBERS** We have a new Video Partner, Don't Tread On Media

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mekhanics

We are directly targeting that audience (i myself am that audience). ATS of huge assistance what we are trying to do. Money isn't an issue. I don't need $ from ATS. Its a lovely fit

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Notheycant

I don't need $ from ATS.

I think you misunderstood me but never-mind. Have a nice day

edit on 19-12-2013 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

ah sorry haha it's been a long day

I didn't mean for that reply post to sound so defensive on my part either

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Josh and DTOM.
Many of the people here are true authorities on certain subjects.
Find them and pick their brains.
You have a built in research department.

Are you aware there is a member here (also on Staff) named Donttreadonme?
Good luck with our new venture.
I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Notheycant

ah sorry haha it's been a long day

I didn't mean for that reply post to sound so defensive on my part either

Hey, don't be sorry man! I like what you do and I was guessing you almost do similar work like Wearechange. But look at this StormCloudsGathering . Do you know where I'm coming from? Look at the content - stats/views/subs (Both Channel).

What I would suggest is start making a real documentary under the pen name ATS. I could help and swallow AJ's film for breakfast. Just saying.
edit on 19-12-2013 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I gotta tell ya Spring. This kids steeped in personality.

Cant believe he doesn't have any friends tho, what's up with that ?
Maybe it's the nature of the beast we tend to worship here-in?

He just found a ton of em any way !

Welcome ! DTOM

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Sounds cool.
One of the better things happening in this world.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Just wanted to give a warm welcome to Josh and crew and let you know how much I'm looking forward to your vids.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
DTOMedia - Willing to keep an open-mind on this new video idea to see how it goes, although I do have a question that I think is important that immediately came to mind that I really hope won't be taken as being disrespectful. (not trying to be disrespectful and rude by any means)

My question is how can Josh LeCash create videos about ATS conspiracy topics that are personal and privy to the community/website when he is not a registered member/has not been a registered member?

Even if he had read topics/threads here as a 'visitor' (not sure if he is/has been) for any amount of time, I don't think that as beneficial as being a member in terms of understanding the unique and specific dynamics of the members and topics that encompasses ATS as well as how the site operates, as you don't really get the 'full picture' of the community through a 'visitors' perspective.

ETA: I thought of one more thing I want to say. Although it's nice to keep a light-hearted/fun/laid back/and almost playful in a sense theme to the videos, I'm concerned it might be at times over the top just from what I saw in your initial video. I'm concerned it might cause the website/community to not be taken seriously 'at all' by those who will be viewing.

But no I agree a younger/20s-ish-30's-ish persona is needed to help make ATS grow and prosper/appeal even more than it already has (which is quite drastic since hence it began) to the younger audience, although I don't think we should forget about the 40's + audience either, they are very important too.This may be a turn off to some of them. Age audience balance is key (for conspiracy/alternative/controversial topic sites that is ATS) IMO. I wouldn't want to see the videos make ATS look like/influence ATS to turn into GLP/Twitter/and comedy central...

Again, apologies if offensive. I figured if I was going to comment I wanted to be truthful about my thoughts/ ideas in order to hopefully be helpful somehow.

I think this is my first time commenting publicly about the decisions of new ATS additions.

With that said, will keep an open-mind and see how it goes. So, Welcome Josh

edit on 12/20/2013 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Maybe this is just me, but if you changed that rather drab background to a simple desert night scape image and tightened the focus on the camera it would give the whole a thing a more dramatic and inviting vibe. I also think you need a script and a suit, but keep the beanie cause is screams style.

I would also suggest a subtler style of interviewing uptight officials and the proper use of satire to veil the real message you are trying to send. Maybe a female investigative reporter to draw my attention away from you once in a while, I mean your a good looking guy and I am sure if I stared into your dreamy eyes long enough I would believe anything you say. Just use that power wisely....don't let your audience build up an immunity to it.

Finally, i would love to see you cover that one guy who takes all the photos in restricted and forgotten places. I forget the name at the moment, perhaps one of the others will remember.

Or expose Dulce's plans for world domination and organize a rebellion against the Reptilian armada's and their traitorous consorts hiding amongst us.

edit on 20-12-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I love storm clouds gathering and we are change!

We definitely will want to make a docu soon. Just gotta build up our youtube channel first

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

Josh here,

Totally understand your concerns and I love that you want to protect the image of the site. That's exactly what is drew me to the site, I love everyones passion about these issues/topics.

I can't wait to show you our new upcoming content and hopefully ease your concerns.

It was not offensive one bit. I like constructive criticism

(post by Isittruee removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Notheycant

This project sounds like a whole pile of amazing potential...can't wait to see what you produce. I'm curious as to why you don't have your own account though? It takes seconds. Anyway....I will be waiting with baited breath for the first vids. I'm a little concerned about the apparent segregation of the over 40's in this discussion however....why does age ever have to be an issue? Surely content is much more important than the chronology of the mind that created it. But then, I'm way over 40, so I have a sensitive spot for being segregated like this.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Amazing potential?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hey if you want to hear about rappers being illuminati..thats your choice. Producer writes about JayZ, but we're suppose to be in awe over this? I'll remain skeptic to these guysss

I like real conspiracies ..not raper throwing up triangles because they think its cool.
edit on 20-12-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Isittruee

I absolutely take your point. I was trying to be supportive, but the emphasis is on potential, for the project in general. I've just watched the intro vid again, and would like to say that please....content is paramount here, and the smarts among the ATS membership are not going to be satisfied with dodgy, funky camerawork and a cute presenter. Stuff like that is just patronising, and intensely irritating to those of us who want real calorie loaded documentaries.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
If you want to find out more about Josh, Don't Tread on Media and what the project is likely to be looking at we will be interviewing him on ATS Live! in hour 2 this coming Saturday night.

Personally, I'm hoping we can crack open a bucket load of stories for him to investigate - really looking forward to this

edit on 20/12/13 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Well at the risk of incurring the wrath of the ATS owners let me say this.

THIS IS A BAD IDEA.

We do not need this kind of stuff, it takes away from the community itself and the history of ATS seems to have demonstrated that these kind of videos only last about 6 months and then people just give up on them. I once found out we had the conspiracy chicks, right around the time i joined there was "ATS Recap" this video series will be much the same.

Not only that but to me it is the exact opposite of what ATS is really all about, as mods love to remind me ATS is built on content created by the users. I would strongly argue that ATS should be doing more the encourage better user content rather than collaborating with non-members who (sorry to be insulting) but look like they would be better placed on MTV rather than a arena of "serious" discussion on alternative topics.

But by far my biggest gripe with this is that its taking away from the existing ATS membership. If i find a big story or if i stumble across a new topic for discussion or new aspect of a existing topic I will research it myself and publish it myself on ATS. I most definitely will not be emailing josh "LeCash" (is that really his name?) with what I have discovered so that he and his team can then go make a video about it and perhaps give me a passing mention.

My research is my own.

I dont want to be handing that off to these guys so they can create some video out of it, which based on that first video will only probably seem to make light of whatever i have been looking into. This guy only has 93 subscribers just now, and i would bet most of them have came from ATS.

ATS Does not need "Video investigative reporters", we have thousands of them, they are called...ummmm.... MEMBERS.

I mean just check out this video josh done about the Amazon Drones.

or how about Don't Tread on Media's take on Atheism.

Really ATS is this what we really want ATS documentaries to look like?

Again like i have said loads in the past ATS needs to stop focusing on these silly gimmicks and start focusing on its members, start rewarding good quality user content. ATS is a conspiracy discussion board, that is why we join up to discuss conspiracies (granted and bunch of other stuff but mostly conspiracies). Tying to turn it into infowars mark 2 is just wrong.

sigh....

This guy is a Miami based DJ for the love of god....

Not a journalist.

rant over.

sorry mods, owners and josh but I just had to get that off my chest.

this is a BAD IDEA.

i look forward to watching your future videos.

edit on 20-12-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
(EDIT: The post above mine shows that these people need more maturing and seasoning. From the selected video reports they seem to be - at least some of the time - guys with a video camera who appear to have no journalistic training and a simplistic take on what their target audience consists of. Hopefully the site owners know what they are doing, and that they see in these fellows the potential to grow and do serious and important work. That said, I'll leave my post as it is, so if they or others work on any of these stories they can be tracked back to where they came from.)

Some of the major stories broken or fleshed out here that may have much more potential (and these are personal opinions and/or things I've either worked on or am intrigued by) are Arken's Spine, the voting rights movement faces in a cloud and James Bevel's work in general, some ancient civilization topics which others can fill you in on, the amazing work put in by just one person on his "History of Information" website linked in my signature, and the vast amount of work done on ATS concerning the need for humans to take Vitamin C (you would not believe the extent of that story).

* Arken's possible find of a spine fossil on Mars: www.abovetopsecret.com... Arken is our main resident Mars explorer (of the visuals coming in from the Mars rovers). He has found many items of interest or fun, all of them rocks, except for maybe a few. The spine is one which has caught the attention of quite a few members here, and as far as I know no major media has picked up on it as yet. (EDIT: In reference to the last line in your Amazon vid posted in the thread above, "Josh, you should go to Mars" - I agree, and you can go there by looking at Arken's "martian spine" in particular)

* A fellow named Jeremy Norman has put together a website detailing the history of information. It is a one-person website, it's his hobby, and there is no way to describe it - you just have to give yourself, say, 20 minutes, and take a quick link by link journey to it without reading almost anything, just to explore the extent of what he's done. I don't know if anyone has done the story. A link to my thread about the site, www.abovetopsecret.com... but I have nothing to do with it other than point to a world of material emerging from one person - a human interest story about a man's hobby if nothing else.

* What I'm calling the best "faces in a cloud" find in history (literally within history, the history of the Voting Rights Movement in the United States) www.abovetopsecret.com... You'll have to give this one an hour or so, first to work through the thread, which starts out with myself getting bashed and battered and raked over the coals, then picks up more people who can see the faces (on another website people are seeing them and adding to "the literature" by discussing such details as the number of segments or points on the tiara of the Goddess of Liberty), and then to give you or other people you know time to get your brain to see the faces which are being pointed out and wrap your head around the atmospheric coincidence involved in the photographers picture. Taking that particular photo showing the obviously fast moving clouds as they were at that particular instant (fast moving enough so that the structures and lighting effects seen within them must have existed for just that moment of time at the exclusion of all others) was a lucky click of a camera back in 1965.

Then James Bevel, whose story is likely the most underreported story of a major historical figure of the 20th century. He initiated and ran the major events of the Civil Rights Movement in America from 1962 until 1966, and turned his attention to the anti-Vietnam war movement for a year, with spectacular results at every turn. A thread I wrote on him on the 50th anniversary of his Birmingham Children's Crusade is linked in my signature, and there is more on him in the "faces in a cloud" thread and on other sites. As an older man he got into some strange things and places, but as a young man he changed the world, changes which ripple and affect more people every day as the journey taken in the civil rights movement keeps expanding.

The vitamin c material, on ATS it is legion and well worth the life-enhancing journey.

Those are some of the news/feature stories that have caught enough of my interest to either write about or pass on to a project such as yours. Good luck on your work, both here and elsewhere, and you and your crew might be in for adventures you've never contemplated when you took on this project.

edit on 20-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
welcome aboard josh as you will have noticed a.t.s is a hard place to be you will need to be on top of you'r game here to keep people happy .

make a new account and be a newby

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join