It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**ALL MEMBERS** We have a new Video Partner, Don't Tread On Media

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

The video idea its a perfectly great one.
Interviews with prominent figures, documentaries about all manner of subjects from geopolitics to conspiracies & coverups, to war crimes and everyhing else.
There could be wider member collaboration with regional/local coverage.

The problem is ATS has tried all of this before

Conspiracy Chicks
ATS reporters/press pass. (whatever it was called)
Videos by young, hunky twentysomething guy talking about stuff relevant to ATS.
Member created video section - ATS MEDIA

ATS has a facebook page
ATS has a YouTube page
ATS has a Twitter page.

There are videos and documentaries out there, on YT and elsewhere, discussing and investigating every topic and conspiracy discussed on here.
So what is ATS trying to achieve?

More revenue
Wider audience
Trend Setting
Getting the Truth out
Modernising
Keeping up with competition.

I would imagine whatever their reasons, they're almost entirely financially motivated, and if that's the case then wouldn't it better to have something of better quality, something meatier and more professional that would appeal to adults as well as Facebooking Teens?

ATS constantly worries about standing still, being stagnent, it's obvious from the constant tweaking and floating of new, 'cool' ideas, but if the motivation is financial, wouldn't it be better to either charge or ask for donations, get more/better ad revenue rather than selling out the site and ruining what you have and what makes this place great?

edit on 20-12-2013 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by stargatetravels

I'm guessing, quite cynically, that it's about traffic and revenue from a younger audience, and the big deal made about his age and intended audience, shows that it's not about serious journalism at all. All the good stuff out there, almost without exception, is made by older people, (and in this case I mean 35 and over...lol!) and perhaps ATS is asking too much of this guy to produce something worthwhile in terms of intellect. In terms of traffic, attention, a younger audience, perhaps it will work, but there will be nothing substantial in it.

I kinda love ATS, and this is very sad to me. I was hopeful until I saw what we were dealing with. ATS needs to raise it's game, and this kind of media junk is indicative of the dumbing down we're seeing in society in general. There are some incredible minds on ATS...can't we make the most of that?

Still can't get "Katy Perry's perfume launches" out of my head.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

I think you're right, short attention spans, bright lights, cool camera angles and ZERO substance.
Maybe us older folks, you know, the over 30's crowd (lol) should start our own video series for ATS.
As well as tips on slippers and porridge oats, cardigans and afternoon naps, perhaps we could have some real content and info.

Relevant, interesting and substantial.

Is that just old fashioned these days?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

If he's in Florida he should be waking up soon and checking this thread. When he reads some of the criticism - and well earned criticism by the way - his responses should tell us a lot.
edit on 20-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I have yet to watch the videos(at work) but im sure there is going to be haters and lovers. Ill judge after i see them.

If they hate due to political, religious bias-ness, than screw them!

Haters go'n Hate!

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

What a great idea...we need our own ATS channel!
Nuthin' wrong with porridge and slippers at all.

I will also be very interested to see what his response is, but he's so young he probably hasn't gone to bed yet...

Reminds me...time for a nap........

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by blend57

Really watch the 30 second video on Atheism (if you can even go for the full 30 seconds)

Again, this is Josh "leCash'" with his 30 second take on Atheism.

I ask again, is this who we want to be the face of ATS on Youtube, is this who we want representing our idea's.

I thought not....

Hmmmmmmm..............

Silly I can handle but that was just stupid, not funny, not thought provoking, actually not really anything.
Reeked of immaturity and "look at me, look at me"

I seriously hope he picks up his game a bit and maybe even removes some of his more ridiculous vids, if this guy is the potential face of the site how many people are gonna be turned off by nonsense such as that.

I would suggest to the site owners that he post on youtube under a different name for ATS than he does for his own channel. We look crazy enough to the general public without crap like that making it worse

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
On further investigation, I can't say this is the best idea. I still wish the endeavor success, but I sincerely hope Josh brings more to the ATS investigations than blee bloo blee bloo blee bloo.
Posts are removed from ATS for far greater content standards than that. If his videos were comments on ATS threads they would not be deemed substantial. Let us hope the past is not what the future will be. I respect and recognize the importance of reaching a wider spectrum of people, but dumbing down the membership does nothing to serve the pursuit of truth. Perhaps I lurk too much in recent years, I do this primarily because when I do contribute to a thread, I don't want it to be just for the sake of another Nod in agreement or basic protest. I trust that if this does not go as planned ATS will make adjustments until the right result is achieved.
edit on 20-12-2013 by NephraTari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Josh and Crew,

Welcome to ATS!!!

I wish you guys much luck in this venture with ATS!

DTOM

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Ohhh this sounds like it will be a good one!!

Looking forward to topics.

Maybe one day I can participate hehe.

Nice move ATS!!

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I say this is a good idea if it is implemented properly. I think it would be a good idea to create a section of ATS to allow the members to share their ideas for topics for Josh to cover. He could do videos on historical threads also, and give a breakdown of the different ideas in the threads. I would like it to be as neutral as possible, presenting viewpoints of various members and letting the viewer decide. In-depth research is what will make this pay off. Collaborative research, with ATS members integrated.

Edit: Welcome to ATS Josh.
edit on 12/20/2013 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

NephraTari
On further investigation, I can't say this is the best idea. I still wish the endeavor success, but I sincerely hope Josh brings more to the ATS investigations than blee bloo blee bloo blee bloo.
Posts are removed from ATS for far greater content standards than that. If his videos were comments on ATS threads they would not be deemed substantial. Let us hope the past is not what the future will be. I respect and recognize the importance of reaching a wider spectrum of people, but dumbing down the membership does nothing to serve the pursuit of truth. Perhaps I lurk too much in recent years, I do this primarily because when I do contribute to a thread, I don't want it to be just for the sake of another Nod in agreement or basic protest. I trust that if this does not go as planned ATS will make adjustments until the right result is achieved.

Best post and best last line here so far, imnho, and well put. For the bump of that post.
edit on 20-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
There's always got to be some here that will dump on anything. Cripes, why not wait to see the finished product before making commentary? Secondly, if one doesn't care for the effort put into this why not get off your own butt and do something constructive then? Jeesh.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Good point. It's just that we are not sure about the guy. You must understand... this is the man who will represent the whole of ATS... there might be ATSers who would not sit well with that decision. (no offence Josh)

Nevertheless, you're probably right, and I must apologize. I trust you guys.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Mmmm....

Open mind over this, sure has created some waves, anyone ever seen the effects of a hand grenade
thrown into a cesspit?
Blaster Bates is yer man
Enter his name into YouTube to see

Any roads, I Await more information re. DTOMedia before deciding, willing to see what transpires with outputs?

"The difference between Conspiracy Theory & Conspiracy Fact = The Truth"
"Seek and Ye Shall Find"

edit on 20-12-2013 by Shuftystick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

We're not just dumping on anything for the hell of it...we do really care about ATS, and none of us have been unreasonable in our opinions at all. We're concerned, and it should be fine that we feel able to say so. If it's come across as being harsh, I totally apologise, but Josh isn't doing that much to put us right so far. He doesn't even have his own account for a start, and I thought that posting from someone else's was frowned on.

None of us are claiming to be video makers or media people, and if you put yourself out there in that capacity, it seems reasonable to expect a little criticism, especially when all we've seen of his work seems a little disconnected from how some of us think. I for one have already said that we need to wait until he posts something with more substance, and I meant it...maybe he will be brilliant.

As for getting of the couch to make our own vids....maybe we will. I don't have a clue about how, and am certain no one would want to look at me much, but let's not be shallow...I reckon I could do a pretty decent voice over.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

NephraTari

You had me worried Neph when I saw your first post.
I thought you'd been replaced by a replicant or something.

I suppose until it happens none of us actually know the standard and content, but if the video in the OP and the other videos by this guy are anything to go by, this will be at best embarrassing and at worst, absolutely insulting and detrimental to the community as a whole.

I mean the community thing doesn't seem so important nowadays anyway, sadly, that's the price of progress I suppose, but still, I'd like to think ATS still gives a hoot and wont let the standard be like the videos others have posted here.
I'm glad people are allowed to voice their opinions and I'm glad most are worried and concerned about this, it looks like the members here are still awake, well most.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Not sure what is to be determined from this..?

If done properly, the forum could explode
with a plethora of new intelligent members
bringing a wave of out of the box thinkers -
which this forum can never have enough of!

As other members have mentioned whom have watched
said videos (only watched video posted by forum owner)
this naïve way of presenting theories in a immature sense
would bring the wrong kind of crowd to ATS.. and unfortunately
surfing through threads here show much immature name calling
insults "in the sandbox" members already

We don't need a knew crowd of immature members as truthfully,
it stifles those of intelligence!

Ats could go from Above Top Secret to 'About To Sink'.

But alas - always I let people prove themselves before passing judgement
and maybe Josh and his crew can do justice learning from the mature
audience this forum is in abundance of!

As long as we all agree to the golden rule..

"Don't Tread On Members"

This would possibly be a foundation to a more streamlined forum

**Rant OVER**

Be well ALL

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Can Josh and DTOM handle such a big enterprise as ATS has grown to be. Lets hope so. DTOM still has to adjust it's format to the expectations of this great big ATS family. Producing good docs for the conspiracy and non conspiracy crowd takes a fair amount of planning and financial support. Tangible conspiracies are, after all, a serious business.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

There's always got to be some here that will dump on anything. Cripes, why not wait to see the finished product before making commentary? Secondly, if one doesn't care for the effort put into this why not get off your own butt and do something constructive then? Jeesh.

Considering I seem to have been the one to really expose much of these concerns i feel compelled to respond to your post intrepid.

I am not just taking a dump on this and having a gripe with it just for the sake of it, really go through my posts on this thread and tell me after watching it all that you really think that this is the best person for the job. ATS had handed over a huge chunk of the ATS community to this guy and his "company" (that does not even have a website) by charging them with creating videos from our research. Yet his track record is not as a journalist or a renowned personality in the alternative media yet as a "self absorbed" (I am only quoting his producer) DJ.

Really watch those videos i have posted about him and really read and understand my concerns and the concerns of other members and honestly answer the question.

would you want this guy to make a documentary or video about one of your threads?

I would not.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join