It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**ALL MEMBERS** We have a new Video Partner, Don't Tread On Media

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Could this also mean ATS members with media experience can contribute as well?

Or is this just, this is the people making all our media needs.

It would be nice if like minded people could work with DTOMedia as a way of experience building.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
would you want this guy to make a documentary or video about one of your threads?

I would not.

That's you. Are you speaking for anyone else? Not me. I'll reserve judgement. Did you know that Peter Jackson made this trite piece Braindead 9 years before making Lord of the Rings? Different films, different audience. See the point?

(post by OtherSideOfTheCoin removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by intrepid

Are you trying to say that josh "LeCash" is the next Peter Jackson?

Who knows?

Honestly watch the video's i posted.

Watch him talk about his "retarded fans" who "write gibberish on twitter".

I mean in his video about the illuminati he asked a dog for its opinion.

Have you seen Braindead?

We can do so much better than this and we deserve better than this.

If that's your opinion then by all means go out there and make what you feel is "better".

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

The guy is young and enthusiastic, I mean WTF is your problem? Is it because you believe in God and he doesn't? Is it because he doesn't like Alex Jones and you're pretty much Bu**hurt?

I'm getting tired of your bull-crap to be honest. All you do is crap crap crap words words words. Keep your coins to yourself mate......

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
He just needs to show us what he can do...ATS sets some high standards, and if the alternative media wants to be taken seriously, and not eternally dismissed as fruitcake conspiracy theorists, then we need to produce good stuff, not trendy, wanna-be, insubstantial, post-teenage, nonsensical, dumbed down...rubbish, quite frankly. A lot has been made of the age issue. If this is the age group that ATS wants to encourage to become members, it would be wrong to assume that they will be lulled in here with videos like Josh has produced in the past.

Still no sign of him either, which I think is odd from someone involved in such a big project. And no comment on his lack of account either?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mekhanics

Who said i believe in God or had any kind of views on Alex Jones.

you might be tired of my "bullcrap" but quite a few members seem to agree with me and have thanked me for raising these concerns.

if you want your threads to be represented by a DJ whose views on atheism are "blaa blaa ball boo boo hoo ahhh bo boob bob boo" (literally) then that is just fine.

Me, I have much higher standards.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I say we give him a chance, let's see what he can do.
Obviously it doesn't look good based on what he's done, but you never know eh?
It may be good or it may go the way of the ill-fated "Conspiracy Chicks" (they should have used a Z at the end of chicks, that would have been cool) but time will tell.

If It's awful then we can all come back and say it's awful.

Until then, let's see what the guy and his company can do and see what the video is like.
I know we're all protective of our site, Mods included, so please don't take our criticism as an attack or just being negative for the sake of it, It's because we love the site, we come here because it doesn't have this kind of stuff here (dumbed down rubbish), not to embrace it.
And staff we know you have to blindly stick up for ATS and bat-away all criticisms as if we were personally insulting you... so let's all take a breath, WAIT, and see what it looks like after release?

OK

Cool.

(post by mekhanics removed for a manners violation)
(post by OtherSideOfTheCoin removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
***ENOUGH***

The personal attacks end now. This is a discussion about something that has the potential to change ATS, not about each other.

The attacks and off topics end now.

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Oops.

This is a great idea and I hope it works out GREAT! Looking forward to seeing it

edit on 20/12/2013 by Ayana because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
EDIT due to mod action.
edit on 20-12-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Notheycant

Welcome Josh!

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by caitlinfae

And no comment on his lack of account either?

Well according to josh, he does not have his own account saying that

I am using my Producer Dave's username right now ... will make my own asap

He said that posting under the username Notheycant

however if you take time to go through this account you will notice that on his second thread it was signed "josh" not "dave".

my take on this then is that "notheycant" is his own account, its been up for about 2 months, I would guess that josh is using ATS to try to make a name for himself in the alternative media community despite the fact that all of his videos demonstrate that he knows nothing about it.

Hmmmm....very curious. Thank you for noticing that. I'm in the midst of a house move, so my time is a bit limited here, and I have to admit I missed that he'd signed himself Josh and not Dave when I looked at this threads. Why not just say it's your account, and not bother with inventing a "producer" called Dave? If the ATS owners are trusting him to be their media partner, then I guess they know about this, and are fine with it. I was hoping for some kind of comment from a mod about the lack of account, but perhaps this explains it.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

This is a great move if you ask me, you are a true business man, from the introduction video, I can already see that Josh will bring a whole new dimension to ATS, I have been here since before 2007 so I consider myself an old timer on ATS, I can't remember my original account when I moved at least a few years before then, anyhow, thanks for this site!
edit on 20-12-2013 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Why not just say it's your account, and not bother with inventing a "producer" called Dave?

I have no idea

its probably due to something behind the scenes that we are not privy to.

The entire account is just a big advertisement for the "JoshLeCash" YouTube channel.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Very curious about the account thingy, I always thought that was a big no-no.
Hmmm something definitely odd about this.

Oh well.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
um, so what was the thought process behind bringing these guys on board?
1. they are pretty much unknown.
2. questionable content
3. guy seems like he isn't taking the topics very seriously at all
4. deny ignorance? ummmm yeah this guy seems to BREED it.

there are plenty more and its already been brought up in this thread already. i just can't fathom what made you guys think this was a good idea for the future direction of ATS?

im all for giving this a chance but seriously it does not look good to start off. the opening introduction video made ATS look like a joke with the snippets he used in the video.

edit on 20-12-2013 by rayuki because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Oh man, that's so funny..........havin a go at the guard whilst holding a stick of fairy floss.

That's Gold.

Well done Mark and team, this is definitely a move in the right direction.

The truth needs a face.
edit on 20-12-2013 by Sublimecraft because:

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join