It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those of you that wanted Welfare stopped have been granted their wish

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by peter_kandra

$200 a year? I pay about $200 a month in income taxes.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RickyD

That's giving them an awful lot of credit... I've been meeting lots of the 1% through my job recently, and honestly... they're clueless and greedy... just like most people in the world.

It seems to me, rather than some "grand plan" they can barely predict their next footstep, let alone the monumental effects of some of their hastily thought out decisions.... It’s not one big decision... its lots of interconnected stupid tiny decisions... and everyone is just trying to hold their little piece of a sinking ship together.

There is a solution... it just depends whether it can come quick enough, and how pervasive it can be.

;-)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

I personally do not see any benefits in cutting these.

I do not know exactly how it works in US, but as far as I have skimmed the thread, it seems as if the unemployment benefits are somewhat comparable to previous salary, which is extremely important in my eyes.

Welfare is relatively small amount compared to a medium salary. If a person is laid off suddenly from a workplace, it is important that at least during the first months the person would be able to survive. If the salary was larger at first, it is highly unlikely the person will find a job within next couple of weeks. Although student loans, rent everything expects to be paid. With welfare it is near to impossible manage the expenses during the previous job and can lead to serious financial trouble.

This can have very bad effects on many people, especially for younger people, who have not managed to work long enough for any significant savings.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

It's quite obvious there are many Obama haters here.... but why does that mean its okay to be ignorant about how our own government works? CONGRESS passes laws, sets law time limits, is in control of the budget, allllll the handouts to social welfare and subsidies to corporations, defense spending or cuts, pensions, and a great deal more.... so why is it Obama is blamed for Everything, including those responsibilities that are only those of Congress? If you want to make an argument for or against Obama, at least get the basics correct.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

That's what the fools rallying against the poor, disabled and hungry don't ever seem to get. They will pay no less taxes. In fact they will continue to pay more, more and more. There will be more crime and more social instability. It's just easier to target the poor and disabled, and elderly, and try to make them out to be some kind of scam artists living some fraudulent high life on some poor laborer's back. The division works like a charm every time and the fools buy it hook, line and sinker.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I suggest people stop whining and leave that sinking ship before it's too late.

Internet tough talking will not change a thing. It only feels good for the moment. Make plans to go somewhere less corrupt. Those places do exist...research...plan...move on!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

intelligenthoodlum33
I suggest people stop whining and leave that sinking ship before it's too late.

Internet tough talking will not change a thing. It only feels good for the moment. Make plans to go somewhere less corrupt. Those places do exist...research...plan...move on!

There is no place safe from the corruption. This is a global domination agenda. There is no more running.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Are these people who have been unemployed for a very long time? Is this actually an expiration of benefits which were originally set too expire in 2010, but have been extended time and time again; or are these people who have simply gotten their original 6 months of unemployment benefits? I'm curious and it's hard to tell which groups is being taped about because there are so many millions unemployed, and they are lumped together in these temporary extension groups depending on length of unemployment.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

jaxnmarko
reply to post by pavmas

It's quite obvious there are many Obama haters here.... but why does that mean its okay to be ignorant about how our own government works? CONGRESS passes laws, sets law time limits, is in control of the budget, allllll the handouts to social welfare and subsidies to corporations, defense spending or cuts, pensions, and a great deal more.... so why is it Obama is blamed for Everything, including those responsibilities that are only those of Congress? If you want to make an argument for or against Obama, at least get the basics correct.

You are entirely unaware of the Obama presidential executive orders establishing the domestic police state, and dismantling those very laws you mention.

How about you review the basics, and report back tomorrow - soldier.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

What's truly going to be interesting to see is how TPTB handle the mindless ones. Even the Incredible Hulk (the madder I get ...the stronger I get dude) can be overwhelmed with numbers.
When they've destroyed their little armies, atlas, mraps, bearcats, gazillion rounds of bullets, I just wonder what are they going to do?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

pavmas
White House to allow jobless benefits to expire for 1.3 million

At the end of this year all benefits for 1.3 million jobless will end and will not be debated till next year.

They will be left with nothing at all.

many of you wanted this so your wish has been granted.

Lock your doors and arm yourselves.

These people are not scroungers they have worked and paid into the system,

www.theguardian.com...

And the left is cutting benefits for our returning warriors in favor of keeping benefits for illegals. Are you mad about that?

Dont blame us for your choices when electing people or failing to put a plan in place after 99 weeks of sitting around doing nothing. You can retool in 99 weeks. Learn something else.

Those of us that do prepare are well armed and our doors will be locked. I have no pity for anyone that was on unemployment for 99 weeks and expects more.
edit on 18-12-2013 by truckdriver42 because: edit

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
People paid into unemployment for 26 weeks worth of benefits. They get 99. Your post is just proof that you can't give a democrat sympathy without them demanding more. Or in other words; a temporary measure should never be temporary in the democrat mind.

It's like insuring your house for 250k, then expecting $1M when it is destroyed.
edit on 18-12-2013 by Dfairlite because: ETA example

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
One day all you dirty poor people will be in a hole or back in chains where you belong.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I live in Texas so it may not be the same in every state, but there are a lot of jobs that people could have, but they just won't take them because they don't want to get their hands dirty. Literally, they don't want to get their hands dirty.

I say that to pose this question, how many of those jobs will be filled after this happens?

P.S. Just so you know I'm mainly talking about oilfield jobs here that pay well.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Its funny how this world works. Billions of Dollars are spent on aircraft and gear that never even come to being used. That is billions of dollars.
And we are cutting benefits that help people in these hard times.
It really is amazing how much money goes to bail outs, under the table deals, and military spending. But yeah lets cut welfare, and cut those safety nets holding this country together by a thread.
Just do a simple google search for how much money is wasted on Military projects, bail outs, and so many other things.
I just do not understand how this country does not have the money to fund the things people really do need.
Do we really need another fleet of Bombers for up to 5-10 Billion Dollars.
1 Billion of those Dollars could be used to help with this topic here. Yet everyone seems to ignore that fact.
Billions and Billions of dollars. It just does not make sense to me.

The U.S. military spent nearly a half-billion dollars on providing refurbished aircraft to the Afghan Air Force, only to abandon the contract and leave the planes collecting dust on airfields in Kabul and Germany.

"I'm very troubled with the fact we may have wasted a half-billion dollars on planes that don't work, will never be flown and will probably be scrapped,"

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

I can't help but agree with that completely. Before we really start worrying about welfare for the people, we need to address the out of control wasteful spending.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BardingTheBard

Use food as weapon. Rinse/Repeat... Own Planet.

Food control goes hand in hand with population control.

Using food as a weapon is one of the primary tools of Agenda 21.

Henry Kissinger once suggested using food as a weapon to induce targeted population reduction in a previously classified 200-page report.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
wow... people are going to die...

i watched the daily show last night and they had this guy saying that until poor people are emaciated and VISUALLY STARVING.. they dont deserve help... really insane #...

here in nyc people will die by the thousands

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

Here is another thing about how poor they are and dependent on assistance. It had never occured to me until I went down there for a funeral....to bury someones ashes. When I called down to see what permits were neede to bury the ashes...they said we didnt need any permits.

The family used a post-hole digger over his mothers grave up in the "holler" on the side of the hill. No cemetery...just "over yonder" across the tracks in front of the house and up the hill to the "holler".

Most of these families, mom, dad, kids and grandparents have never had any job...ever. Their only jobs are waiting for the monthly checks they each get. And as I said...everyone young and old gets federal assistance because there is no such thing as "jobs" or even places to have a job in some parts of America.

It made me appreciate what I do have...however much or little it is. Peace....MS

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

He strong armed Congress. That's his job you know? That's how you lead.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join