It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those of you that wanted Welfare stopped have been granted their wish

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

phishfriar47
Real simple solution.

Put tariffs on EVERYTHING imported to make them priced they way they should be and stop taking advantage of cheap labor.

This gives the US companies the incentive to move back and provide jobs for our people. If the companies all complain about the high tariffs, cut them off cold turkey and see how well they survive with no base to sell to. Then if they fail from their own unchanging and stupidity, another company will pop up to provide the service the way we need it handled.

Then once a majority of the companies are manufacturing back in the US, and everyone has decent jobs and a little extra money, just slightly increase the prices so you have a little bit larger profit margin, and everyone wins.

The Government wins because we now have a bigger, better taxation base both from the companies and the working citizens.

The Companies win, because now folks can actually afford their useless products and they have a happier work base

The Citizen wins, because now they have a decent job and money to buy foolish things with.

Do you know how crazy it sounds to hear that our government shipped our jobs out of country. They cut their ownselves by doing so. The tax base reduced from fewer workers and fewer companies here paying any taxes. Make it to where its PROFITABLE to have the company here and alot of this will go away. It may mean higher prices initially to get readjusted, but more people will have jobs and can afford it after a short time. Sheesh, its not rocket science people, and we should be DEMANDING this solution and holding anyone inhibiting said outcome accountable. They are traitors to our country, themselves, and our all of our great citizens. Screw the folks in China or Mexico or Japan if it means taking care of own. we cant help them if we cant help ourselves.

While I agree that we need to look at tariffs...

Unfortunately, it's not quite as simple as you state - it may make the Chinese, Indians, et. al. mad at us and no longer buy our goods.

I think a better use of energy would be to address why jobs are leaving the USA - and address those. For example, our schools suck, healthcare is expensive, poor work ethic, highest corporate tax rate in the world, and other red tape. Tariffs may be only one small piece of the puzzle.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Xeven
reply to post by Bilk22

He strong armed Congress. That's his job you know? That's how you lead.
Really? You don't say? Then he could do the same if he were so adamant about extending the benefits again. However if you hadn't noticed, he's really not a leader. He's more of a community organizer.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
People keep on expecting there to be a complete rebellion that occurs. I think that if that ever does actually happen, it will be at a time when people didn't expect it.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

What is the problem here???

People should not be paid to not work. Plain and simple.

It is wrong and we don't have the funds for free stuff.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

MysterX
reply to post by peter_kandra

The money you pay in isn't supposed to be stagnating in a locked room somewhere...it's invested by Government in secure investments and ought to increase in value.

Really? When this idea was proposed for Social Security people threw a fit. I'd like to see some documentation that unemployment insurance revenue is invested.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by pavmas

What is the problem here???

People should not be paid to not work. Plain and simple.

It is wrong and we don't have the funds for free stuff.

If that's the case then people should not have money taken from their pay checks when they are working as insurance for when they have no work.

I agree.

Peace

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Unemployment is NOT welfare! That statement is highly offensive and you will undoubtedly be getting some very pointed replies. People on jobless benefits have worked and paid into the system, and suddenly found themselves unemployed, as opposed to people who sit around claiming disabilities that they do not have while procreating to get more cash from the system.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Stuship

When unemployment pays more than any job you can go out and get, there is very little incentive to get off of it until you have to. I paid a premium into the system and when I was laid off I used my benefits as long as they lasted...then I went to work for 11 bucks an hour. Anything short of that would have been hurting my family and myself, and if you think that is something to be ashamed of, then I reckon there is nothing I can do to convince you otherwise. Maybe some day you will be there yourself and see where that judgment gets you.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join