It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those of you that wanted Welfare stopped have been granted their wish

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

antar
How long have the 1.3 million been on unemployment? Seriously...

I wonder how this will affect the unemployment numbers? I guess that it will actually lower those numbers substantially.

The unemployment numbers have been wrong for a few years to a huge degree.

Most of the population were denied unemployment during this time of the 1.3 being allowed extensions far past the time allotted for people to be on unemployment.

To apply for or to be eligible for unemployment does not grant you the benefits. Far more people eligible were denied for one reason or another and so the unemployment numbers never reflected their need to be counted in the % of actual unemployed.

It has become next to impossible to get unemployment in the past several years. Those who applied and did not get it were never counted as unemployed.

"Dropped off the edge of the Earth" twice, an answer to your first question from the Rust Belt. I was in a group 'cut from the room' at my local unemployment office, and into a bulk style basement session with other supposedly new filers.

Of 28 individuals in this speed round,one hand went up in the room when the agent asked for first-time filer(s).
I was evicted in the end of October-- and the Postal Service doesn't forward Unemployment Office mail because it contains sensitive information. For that reason not only was a standing address change problem left unaddressed for a whole month-- it seems the computer had no record of my even having received any benefits since the beginning of September. One converse anomaly was that I received benefits until I was evicted. Tier Two (my plan year) ended in the start of Nov., and the EU Compensation is slated to end on Dec. 28th. Perfect.

Welcome to Illnoise. "You have to fill these out". No word about an unpaid month of benefits or the December cutoff, hey we'll just let you starve because of lousy record keeping, policy and not informing you.

I was 62 last month; and it's time to diligently research what percentage of my diet can consist of genetically modified beans and useless white rice before the throat cancer recurs from eating virtual poison. At least now I've got two friends along in this one, smaller place for the three of us than where I was kicked out. I moved in to stop THEIR eviction process.

Sum: all I know for sure is the US has had (even with massaged numbers) over 8% chronic unemployment for over forty months now. That hasn't happened since the '30's and we ain't near done yet. If you remove the doctor from the statistical soup the real number might be more like three times that.. I'm good at bulk body counts, I was an election judge twice.

There is conveniently no real number from the Bureau of Labor Statistics of people who've lost everything from the "Satan Sandwich". Google it, it might be one of Webster Tarpley's best monikers yet for genocide. What a ride.

PS I just splurged a neck snappin' 13 bucks this noon for a Northbridge (BIOS) chip fan replacement in my dual CPU AMD box. It's the one I use for the number crunching work. Oldie but a goodie... if it wasn't for AutoCAD I'd actually have ripped my face off with a drafting pencil by now.
Karmically and two hours later I got a letter of eligibility for the emergency extension just in time for the holiday permanent shutdown. Can you Tiny Trim? I'm about done.

edit on 17-12-2013 by derfreebie because: YO-- two more tumors over here please.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

prisoneronashipoffools

The parties have no problem working together when it's the people and the country getting shafted.

Thank you for what might be the false-paradigm buster of the year. Nobody who makes it to your post should not star it just for that gem.
It's all too bad that so few of us are merely angry at the government-- and the great majority of US'ns don't know exactly how far up past the perceivable top it is where the anger should be properly focused.
edit on 17-12-2013 by derfreebie because: "Hear yhe" good one, derf.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

dont be silly, they are still paying welfare, what about corporate welfare. all there doing cutting down on welfare to individuals.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Unemployment benefit extended is welfare, you can call it what you want but once you have used your entitlement you are now on welfare the fact that they call it an extension is only words, they can stop it just like welfare and thats what they are doing.

Some people still have the idea in their head that these people are lazy, the fact is that prices are rising and people in employment are using food kitchens because they are not earning enough to live on.

Some people here think that if an employer offers $5 a day that if a person on welfare does not accept that then he is lazy.
Pay a living wage and all jobs will be taken.

For those that are in work who think those on welfare should work for low wages, "BEWARE" because the might just turn up at your workplace and say I will do his job for half what you pay him.

And if you don't think that will happen or your boss will say no, then look at history.

Look what happened before the United States was even established.

We british have been through this before many times.

We are in the EU, migrants flood in and will work for lower wages than their Uk counterpart, the US has mexican doing the same, what if they take your border down and you have to compete with a mexican who will work for a tenth of what you get paid.

We have a shortage of housing schools doctors, hospitals, and a large unemployment.

My son came home from his nightshift this morning and he said that his company must be the worst in the world, he said an old woman pulling a trolly full of newspapers and a young manager shouting at her faster if you cant do it their are other waiting for you job. ( I said you would think the Fker would give her a hand).

The workforce is cattle.

The amount of low empathy people on here is heart breaking, I am sick to death of this could not careless about people.

One poster even said that he cant wait for them to die, some of these people that you wish to die had grandfathers who fought and perhaps died for these people to have a better life.

Not everyone can be business owners that would not work, so employees should have a decent wage and respected not fight for slave wages.

I admire someone who refuses to work for the pittance and it appears to me that people on welfare have more self respect than the people that see themselves not worthy of a living wage.

Stop their welfare and they will just rob you, but they wont rob Obama or other Government officials who you so happily back as they have security they will rob easy targets like you.

You cant have an underclass that you hate and are happy to see die, just look at the french revolution, when people have had enough they have had enough.

Humans who are well fed and have no worries are not aggressive but hungry and desperate humans are and a lot more dangerous.

You might live in a nice house and think your safe.
Viva La France

edit on 17-12-2013 by pavmas because: forgot video link

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

irishchic
reply to post by peter_kandra

There are MANY "jobs" available in fact here in Texas, places are "shorthanded" currently in some areas.
Things probably won't be "like they were before" and the job market HAS changed for the worst in many cases but I do believe if you are looking for "work" it's out there!

Change...it's hard I know but you have to get real sometimes...you have to 'go where the jobs will be.
edit on 16-12-2013 by irishchic because: addition

There are 'many' jobs in Texas you say. I'm just curious if you have stats saying 1. The amount of Vacant jobs and 2.The amount of people unemployed and how them numbers correlate.

As for ''Go where the jobs will be'' - Yeah super easy to pack up and move house when you have to make a decision between eat or heat every night.

That is the reality of things or hundreds of thousands if not millions of people.

Take all the help away, see what happens when the hungry decide to smash a few ivory towers.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Taggart

What amazes me is I can see this coming, and some people can't Governments in the UK and USA are starving their people.
In Leeds Uk last year 29,000 people were diagnoised with malnutrition

I know people in work who are sick to death of the poor wages and are considering turning to crime because they are not earning enough to meet the cost of living.

Electricity and gas rose 9% to 11% this year like every other year and our government does nothing but cap wage rises and benefit rises to 1- 2 % while they get 11% and the Queen gets 22%.

The majority of people have left than £10 left at the end of the month, the UK sold the P.O. and the price doubled the first day, they sold it cheap so instant profit was made, but 90% of the Uk could not apply as the MIn you could invest was £750

johnnyvoid.wordpress.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

alphaTango
My wish is all you scumbags feeding off the system making your pathetic excuses would hurry up and die already. Those of us wealthy enough to secure our futures with our own hands rejoice in your destruction. Back at it you serfs

There is no such thing as "feeding off the system". In a perfect world, "the system" is there FOR the people.

Obviously, we do not live in a perfect world because employers can choose to outsource and/or hire the cheapest of the cheapest, like the example of the Mexican/Indian/Pakistani which may take YOUR job tomorrow because your boss would see it as extremely appealing to pay them 10x less FOR THE SAME WORK than he would have to pay you.

Since the system is flawed, there MUST be safety for those who are getting screwed over by it.

Obviously, it would be much better to go to your BOSS and tell him: "Hey, it's not cool that you choose to do manufacturing in India now...or it's not cool that you hired the Mexican who does the same job for $3/hr". Problem is that your boss will only laugh in your face since HIS goal is the profit/survival of his company/wealth...and not the welfare of the employees.

When the open and free market does not care about people and can do what they want for profit, so those suffering from layoffs/unemployment etc. are the scumbags?? Pretty funny.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

I feel bad for you and your situation. I sincerely hope you take advantage of whatever programs are available for you. I would imagine that once your unemployment benefits are exhausted, that would be at a minimum disability and food stamps. My post wasn't meant to imply that all benefit recipients are deadbeats, but as irishchic says, there are people who sit back and collect unemployment for the maximum length of time they can, work under the table, have their spouse work, etc. rather than expanding their thinking or getting training in another field.

I see you're from NJ. When the company I worked for closed down at the end of 2009, I was unemployed for the first time in my life. I was embarrassed and felt useless that I was unable to provide for my family. I collected unemployment for 10 weeks and even with my wife working, things were very tight. During that time, while looking for work, I also went back to school to get my insurance license. After I ended up getting my license, a job opportunity opened up in Georgia in the field I used to work in, so I uprooted my family, sold my house and took a gamble and moved down here. My point is that the days of working for one company indefinitely are over and you constantly need to have a "Plan B" and try to continually increase your skill set.

Good luck to you and your family and happy holidays.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

pavmas
White House to allow jobless benefits to expire for 1.3 million

That's not welfare. That's unemployment. It's an insurance benefit that the person
worked for and paid into and they deserve the income (for a set time)

Welfare is different. Those who have their unemployment BENEFITS running out
will most likely move on to welfare if they still can't find work.

edit on 12/17/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

While George W Bush Sr. may have started the agreement, it was Clinton who finished the last 3 years of the process and signed the agreement, not George W Bush, Sr.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

Wow, wow, and WOW!!! DAMN! What can I say that will reflect my true appreciation of your taking time out to run this down as you did? Notice NO Stars on your post other than mine? That is a true reflection of where the truths get hidden between the muck and mire of discussions and politics. Perhaps if you broke it into 15 posts instead of one people could have learned something.

The 3 year timeline was kind of what I was thinking or even a bit longer in some cases. The bureaucracy that you have dealt with is the real stinger here and you must be a squeaky wheel to have straightened it out just in time for the next shut down push out the door and straight to the curb.

Until this disaster sits on everyone's door step it is ok to pass the long explanations by for the more quirky and less substantial evidence of what is really going down here. You seem to unfortunately have a solid grasp on the bigger picture.

I have no advice for you only condolences for what you have escaped abandoned and endured. I have so much to feel for you and all of us, but words fall short on anything of merit.

Cyber hug and love your way. Talk to me in private anytime.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
Unemployment is not welfare

Well said.
Clicked on here thinking that the freeloaders of America would be forced to earn their beer and cigarette money.
Misleading thread title is misleading.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mikeone718

When we are ALL in the same shape everything becomes welfare including the prices you pay for your groceries, gas, commodities, taxes and insurance. Just wait you will see what I mean sooner than later.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

pavmas

Lock your doors and arm yourselves.

www.theguardian.com...

I am and have been for years. It's part of personal responsibility.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Right and then at best they can hope for the ability to downgrade their living standards with about 1 weeks worth of pay to cover the whole month. This happens as prices for everything from laundry detergents and personal hi gene products as well as food and pet supplies sky rocket. It is going to be a really bumpy ride. I wish ALL of the people who have been outsourced by the government could band together and start a real revolution, one where they pool all of their resources and open American companies which would flood the markets and force a change in policies. If every person on unemployment placed one months worth of benefits into a kitty, it could change the face of America.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
There is a big difference between the professional welfare families and people who need short term assistance to get back on their feet.
Work-fare is a much better idea...

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Thinking ahead because I can see it coming, we the people need an answer and retaliation for imprisonment. It's the main weapon a crooked government (led by corporations) will use against us once the economy is truly dead.

I believe the last people to leave their jobs will be police. And they will still be incarcerating people who are simply trying to feed their families. Think about it, imagine if worst comes to worst and we are all or just about all of us unemployed? People will be squatting in repossessed homes, breaking into markets and robbing people who still have money. How do you suppose the elites will protect themselves? Private security of course, but they will use the police as long as possible.

My question is, Will we have the gall to dismiss the judicial process and not allow otherwise decent people to be locked up?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

superluminal11

The snake, guide of the dead and protector of merchants, shepherds, gamblers, liars, and thieves is a DEAD giveaway.

The snake coiled around a brass pole is an ancient Israelite symbol tied to the account of the vipers during their journey out of Egypt (the Exodus).

Numbers 21:8-9
"Then the Lord said to Moses, “Make a fiery serpent, and set it on a pole; and it shall be that everyone who is bitten, when he looks at it, shall live.” 9 So Moses made a bronze serpent, and put it on a pole; and so it was, if a serpent had bitten anyone, when he looked at the bronze serpent, he lived."

The industry is corrupt and more about keeping you permanently ill and dependent on their services then healing you, but lets not think the symbol for healthcare has any origin other then was is fact: The Bible.

God Bless,
edit on 17-12-2013 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

Deny Ignorance --- ! HELLO and Kudos to AutumnWitch you should win an award for your reply !!! but to the clueless (or mis or un informed to be nice) in most states if you have not worked even a year or a quarter prior to losing your job, you cannot get a dime from unemployment INSURANCE Benefits that mostly everyone that works pay into already.

Please, these sort of titles are little beyond sensationalizing , they are downright wrong.

Welfare (public Assistance) is not, I repeat not Unemployment Insurance Benefit payments.

Now for the dose of reality , these actions will put many on the path straight to welfare if they have no other means of support, now if 40 million plus are on some type of public assistance, then if you have 10's of thousands suddenly with no insurance benefits, that will be one of the worse things to happen to our country.

The only thing I can think of if that happens is worker/labor camps because it may be too late for some throwback effort like the CCC especially if the government is already broke.

edit on 17-12-2013 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Anyone on unemployement had to see the train coming. You can't stay on it forever, and you should have enough pride to not want to be on it. The employment market is not bad everywhere, sometimes you have to move a less depressed area.

Just remember Democrats when you move to a Republican state, don't bring your failed philosophies with you.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join