It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is unstopable!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

(In Nashville as well)How dare you pin lady gaga on us, just like the Justin bieber that is all Canada`s doing.

Yes... (suspicious tone) It always comes back to Canada, doesn't it?

Think about it. Where did the Vikings land as the first Europeans to the new world? Canada! Yup... Something ain't right there. Never has been. There is dark purpose to those people in the North. Must be... Who else would like Hockey so much?

@ Thread

There is plenty to be proud of for America! Take, for instance, the Mayflower, that escaped destruction at Pearl Harbor to win the battle of Midway and host the surrender of Germany to Japan!

Who couldn't be proud?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

If you're going to quote Dear ole Abe get it right!

"I scored four times in seven years"

Quoted from his now famous dedication of the Statue of Liberty which was given to us by the Aztec.
edit on 14-12-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by SLAYER69

When Jesus discovered America in 1492, he said (while carving Mt Rushmore) that America was going to be the most awesome supremo country ever.

-According to FOX NEWS and FOX NEWS never lies.

"What's this lying around #hit?"

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell, no! "

The problem with most history facts is people don't where to dig for the truth.

edit on 14-12-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Yes America is Unstoppable.

And Yes, We did win The Civil War all by ourselves.

As tragic as it was.

I must say that your "Americans are fat and lazy" remark feels unnecessary.

Even though that it is painfully true for a percentage of The Populous.

Our Defensive Linemen would be insulted by your hasty generalization.

Especially due to the fact that they are on it right now as we speak.

We do however have one "Fat and Lazy" fellow who shows up rapidly

every time there is a Humanitarian Crisis.

His code name is Santa Clause. That Jolly Good Soul is Proud to be an American.

Merry Christmas to you, Wildmanimal

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

daryllyn

beezzer

When Jesus discovered America in 1492, he said (while carving Mt Rushmore) that America was going to be the most awesome supremo country ever.

-According to FOX NEWS and FOX NEWS never lies.

I have to disagree. Everyone knows that Batman carved Mt Rushmore, not Jesus.

At least get your facts straight before you post

Load of horse hooey.

Rushmore was a college pledge prank. Hence the name.
Then the NSA shut down the pledge house because Regina Phlange got alcohol poisoning and died.
Damn kids.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

I'll have to clear answering that with the home office. I'd do it now but my shoe is getting a busy signal and only has two bars.

Slayer, the home office is standing by.
HA! I was lead to a clue by a secret message from a fortune cookie. That cookie got me thinking about your thread. I dunno but you might want to check out the Get Smart episode at minute 25:25.

Get Smart 01x15 Survival of the Fattest

This might be a job for the "grill team". lol

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Well most Texans will tell you they defeated Mexico without help. And reality is for other wars we really did win ourselves. Our independence, we had financial help but we fought the war. You may as well say WWII, it would not have been won without us. And for Japan we really had no help there either. To say we have not won wars is really not true, we have. Just because it says coalition does not mean you don't do over ninety percent of the fighting.

I love my country and I don't care who knows it. All these whiners and negative, pessimistic people can leave if they don't like it here. Seriously guys, if you are ashamed and angry, leave please, now. Go find your better country.

I promise you will be back. You can't find a better country with the freedom and liberty and rights you have here. I am sorry I am a veteran and was willing to die for you and my country. Maybe that is why I think differently about my country.

Despite all the crap of every republicans voting against all things Obama the country is doing better than it has in long time. It is not all the way back but it is looking much better. From the brink of depression that Bush left, to now well on road to recovery.

I really get tired of the bash America campaign, especially when it comes from other Americans.

For me there should be some prerequisites before you can complain.

A. Service, what armed forces were you member of which automatically gives you the right to complain. Did you serve in peace corps or similar service, if you did you would not be whining.

B. Vote, how could you even think of complaining if you do not vote. Whining here does nothing, voting does.

C. Change, have you written and signed petition for change. Have you written your congressman or the president. Have you organized and participated in protest of any kind.

D. Independent party, have you thought of helping to create a third independent party that would force the other two to work together. This would force change.

E. Constitutional changes, we need term limits that will take a change in constitution. We must also apply Change so that campaign finance is truly reformed and can't be undone by the supreme court. We must also make changes so the people's vote elects the president.

F.. Volunteer, have you volunteered to help in your community in any way. Soup kitchen, pick up trash, tutor those who need jobs. Mow the lawn of a veteran, anything helping children or others.

We could go on but you get the drift. I don't think half those complaining have done anything to support their country or their neighbors. This is the best country in the world. There is nothing anyone could do or say to make me feel bad about America.

God bless America, the land that I love.

The Bot

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Yeah..although I am not american they can surely be proud of being the first producing Fender and Gibson guitars.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Brilliant & hilarious. Thanks, Slayer, for a good dose of common sense.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Hi Slayer. I usually think your threads and rants are totally awesome, but this one leaves me feeling a little uneasy for some reason that I couldn't really put my finger on, and then I recalled something that I posted earlier today about a psychological operation (psy-op) technique referred to as "the honey pot"

"A honey pot, in intelligence jargon, is a tempting source of information or 'dangle' that is set out to lure intended victims into a trap. Ultimately the honey pot is violently and maliciously discredited so as to destroy the credibility of anything stuck to it, by association."
(Michael Ruppert, "Crossing the Rubicon," p. 184)

I understand precisely what you're ranting about, on the one hand, I get it, but, any attempt to rebuff or discredit any and all modes of inquiry, by association to the outlandish nonsense of the few, something most people are capable of distinguishing and differentiating, is much like a type of method employed by yes the CIA! in the wake of the JFK assassination to utterly malign the term "conspiracy theory" or the person spouting a "conspiracy theory" the "conspiracy theorist" - is at some level disingenuous and even intellectually dishonest, and represents a form of "bullying" by association to everything that may be subject to ridicule, as nonsense.

Take the title and subject matter of my signature, for example, sounds crazy maybe doesn't it, all that 9/11 truther nonsense and talk about how "9/11 was an inside job", it's the type of thing for the hoax bin, and anyone who would take it seriously must be a tinfoil hat wearing bat# crazy-person the likes of which believe in everything you've mentioned.

But what if JFK really was assassinated in a plot carried out by the CIA with the approval of Lyndon Johnson, and 9/11 really WAS an inside job?

If some of those people also believe in other things that cannot be believed, then by association, the implication is that NONE of the "conspiracies" may be considered real, and all or most ATS members who subscribe to some crazy thing or another ought to be considered whacko and are not to be taken seriously.

But some conspiracies, like JKF and 9/11 ARE real. (see my signature article link at the end of this post as a prime example, and note the forum it's in..) That's the problem here, and the point of the "honey pot" technique, which I'm not suggesting, Slayer, that you've employed in a calculated and intentional manner but one that you might have unwittingly employed nevertheless.

It's a way to silence by ridicule those who might otherwise have the courage to talk openly about certain things, yes in relation to the United States government and it's shadow MIC and Intelligence-Security apparatus, things that need saying and even proclaiming from the rooftops, to reign it in, the overall madness and abuse of power including some of the most heinous things, and operations, known to man and in some cases, unknown, simply because they are so wicked and evil that they utterly defy the imagination of any reasonable and decent American citizen to even begin to comprehend amid the "dumbing down" that's taken place, in part as a result of having swallowed the Big Lie, which of itself is unbelievable, once reviewed under the lens of rational scrutiny and analysis, so it makes you dumb, because you're not allowed to even question it, and are pressured to accept and go along with, as a collective societal dumbing down by mutual agreement not to investigate, look into, or talk about "conspiracy theories".

So in other words, while I am most certainly not calling you a "paid shill", you may have unwittingly just engaged in a type of psy-op which would very much meet with the approval of the Pentagon, the CIA and the NSA, who are all watching and observing, not just the information but how it's responded to, and what the readers are doing and thinking - little did they know that the reader is reading the observer who's observing the observers observing themselves being observed, observing, where it may be said that perfect paranoia = perfect awareness!

Best Regards,

NAM

P.S. I love the United States, who the world wants back as the shining light it once was. We want our old friend back, and we know he's still in there somewhere.

But there's no "mudding over" the past decade or so - it's been a nightmare which began on an otherwise beautiful fall morning on September 11, 2001.

But by way of the truth, no matter how painful, there is hope for a better world, and something worthy of the human being, all the way to Average American Joe who deserves so much better than a militarized, spy network, which considers anyone and everyone a potential enemy, and the masses nothing but a type of herd to be herded. The American people are not cattle and are not sheep to be led to a slaughter to realize a narrow agenda shared by the "relevant political community" (Philip Zelikow).

"That which hurts, also instructs."
~ Benjamin Franklin, great American (who also flew a kite in an electrical storm to try to capture lightening).

edit on 15-12-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

Thank You .

Double thanks for sharing and daring.

Merry Christmas! Wildmanimal

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Yeah and ALL the Original Music that came with

those Glorious Instruments of Creative Beauty.

Sonic Excellence......Nothing Less will Suffice.

Made In The United States of America

Merry Christmas to you, Wildmanimal

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Good to see that you "captured" it.

Because it is a ,shall I call it, a "test thread",

and a "confession" as well as other things.

I know, you want me to specify....

How about the word "Legitimacy".

Merry Christmas to you ATS folks! Wildmanimal

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

dlbott

Well most Texans will tell you they defeated Mexico without help. And reality is for other wars we really did win ourselves. Our independence, we had financial help but we fought the war. You may as well say WWII, it would not have been won without us. And for Japan we really had no help there either. To say we have not won wars is really not true, we have. Just because it says coalition does not mean you don't do over ninety percent of the fighting.

I love my country and I don't care who knows it. All these whiners and negative, pessimistic people can leave if they don't like it here. Seriously guys, if you are ashamed and angry, leave please, now. Go find your better country.

I promise you will be back. You can't find a better country with the freedom and liberty and rights you have here. I am sorry I am a veteran and was willing to die for you and my country. Maybe that is why I think differently about my country.

Despite all the crap of every republicans voting against all things Obama the country is doing better than it has in long time. It is not all the way back but it is looking much better. From the brink of depression that Bush left, to now well on road to recovery.

I really get tired of the bash America campaign, especially when it comes from other Americans.

For me there should be some prerequisites before you can complain.

A. Service, what armed forces were you member of which automatically gives you the right to complain. Did you serve in peace corps or similar service, if you did you would not be whining.

B. Vote, how could you even think of complaining if you do not vote. Whining here does nothing, voting does.

C. Change, have you written and signed petition for change. Have you written your congressman or the president. Have you organized and participated in protest of any kind.

D. Independent party, have you thought of helping to create a third independent party that would force the other two to work together. This would force change.

E. Constitutional changes, we need term limits that will take a change in constitution. We must also apply Change so that campaign finance is truly reformed and can't be undone by the supreme court. We must also make changes so the people's vote elects the president.

F.. Volunteer, have you volunteered to help in your community in any way. Soup kitchen, pick up trash, tutor those who need jobs. Mow the lawn of a veteran, anything helping children or others.

We could go on but you get the drift. I don't think half those complaining have done anything to support their country or their neighbors. This is the best country in the world. There is nothing anyone could do or say to make me feel bad about America.

God bless America, the land that I love.

The Bot

It is good to remind people that the power really is in the hands of the citizens. If you want change, be the change.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I have really enjoyed this post its brilliant, but we don't actually believe gossip, do we?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

I'm a Veteran also and i think A: should also apply to THE POTUS.
Afterall He is THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF.
I might add with no training what-so-ever.
JMO

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Great thread, Slayer, but you omitted one of America's most monumental accomplishments. Two glorious decades of Sid and Marty Krofft television.

The Lost Saucer

Lidsville

H R Pufenstuf

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I really like your OP.

Anyway every country believes it is the best (or at least many), so it is OK if Americans believe they are the best.

Americans do have a good political system, and people who care about society and governance.

How much power CIA or US military has is debatable. I do agree that USA has considerable power and influence in the world. However USA is a DECLINING power due to its demographic and social challenges.

Is USA a superpower? The answer is yes, and it has a lot to do with alliances as well.

However we have a difficult situation in the current times, where no "moral" authority exists in the world. People are deeply divided, so ruling such world is NO fun.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Damn you dastardly Americans!

For me, the reasoning is very simple behind this. You are the only superpower left. China is rising fast and will be a major rival but that is perhaps a couple of decades away yet so that leaves the USA. Therefore, obviously everything is your fault!

I know this is a conspiracy sight but we can't blame everything on sinister dealings in smoky, shady rooms with high backed chairs protecting the protagonists faces. At the end of the day, we are all human. As we go about our daily lives, we all observe on a daily basis how our fellow humans can mess up even the simplest of tasks with minimal effort. In fact, we are so good at it that most of the time we don't even realise when we have messed up again.......at least not right away! And yet we are constantly searching away for the faceless figures lurking in the smoky rooms.

I will add that those "figures" are most certainly responsible for some of the problems we face and that as the only superpower left, the odds are that most of those faceless figures are protecting US interests (in their eyes) - therefore it could well be argued that "the US" is to blame (sorry Slayer).

But c'mon people, lets not forget good old human failings - responsible for most of our ills......

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Wildmanimal

We do however have one "Fat and Lazy" fellow who shows up rapidly

every time there is a Humanitarian Crisis.

His code name is Santa Clause. That Jolly Good Soul is Proud to be an American.

American by way of the Dutch Sinterklaas and the English Father Christmas you mean of course?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join