It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six year old suspended for 'sexual harassment'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

AltMotive
The video shows a screen shot of the schools definition of sexual harassment

Which isn't relevant.

"Sexual harassment" is a criminal offence that is defined by law. You can't make up your own definitions of criminal offences.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Are these people brain dead or what?? If I had a child and they accused him of that, you bet your butt, they would take that off his record! He is a child for God's sake! They don't even know what sex is! How absurd!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Oh great...that's just great.

You know, sometimes, just very occasionally, two people meet in childhood, who grow up together, become young adults, and remain closely bonded to one another until they die. These sorts of long lived connections are what used to hold communities together. Now obviously, there are limits to what a very young person ought to be getting up to in that way. But lumping a six year old with a sexual harassment charge, for a kiss on the cheek seems anathema to the idea that a child ought to be taught honesty in their feelings.

When a child of six years old behaves this way, the vast majority of the time, it is an innocent act, not something sordid. Unless the people bringing this suspension have reason to believe that the kiss was anything else than an honest and innocent expression of the kind of pure love that only the very young are capable of, this suspension seems spurious, and may be damaging to the suspended child. Can you imagine how terrible it would be, in ones formative years, to be lead to believe that such innocent expressions, honest actions, lead only to trouble? This could be very damaging, not least for the friendship between the suspended party and the child with whom he has this little friendship.

I would be the first to agree that children ought to be protected carefully against the darkness in the world, but we must be careful not to keep them out of the light in so doing.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

NuclearPaul

AltMotive
The video shows a screen shot of the schools definition of sexual harassment

Which isn't relevant.

"Sexual harassment" is a criminal offence that is defined by law. You can't make up your own definitions of criminal offences.

Good point. I'm not sure how we even got to this point. How do we even live in a society where 6 year old's are accused of sexual harassment? It doesn't matter if it's by the school board who makes new definitions or an official police "record". I don't know why more people aren't totally baffled and enraged by this kind of thing.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
How much further do we need to fall? I'm guessing a lot...

The sheer idiocy of the world today disgusts me. You can't think, talk or do anything anymore lest you go to jail or find yourself in another equally disturbing scenario. Next, we'll all be wrapped in white bubble wrap with a little tube portruding for air. Our only way of communication will be via a tablet that will screen anything we might say for something "offensive" or "indecent". We won't be able to see anything, because we might see something that would offend us.

Should you dare make a noise, you'll be slapped with a heavy fine and/or a jail sentence. Our children will be kept in an artificial womb until they're eighteen so they too can don the bubble suits so they cannot offend anyone.

I know this sounds rather obtuse and far fetched, but is it?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
outrageous.

let kids be kids for gods sake, adults are so prude and "PC" kids miss real basics, im so, so glad im not a young child in this modern world.

I worry for the next generations.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

My then three year old was given a time out in preschool for kissing a baby. It was all he knew as I was very affectionate with him and held him and kissed him all the time. The teacher said it was sexual harassment. These people have sick minds.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Kind of like the kid who was expelled for bringing a one inch long plastic gun ( a G.I.Joe gun)
to school because they had a zero tolerance policy on guns. He was also six.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

They won't let kids be kids anymore. The teachers want little zombies that are easy to teach. No touching, no disrupting the class by talking out of turn.
In my case, the teacher had the nerve to tell me that my son should be on Ritalin. In forth grade.
Yeah, that is illegal for a teacher to do. But I'm not the only parent she told that.
I feel sorry for anyone having children now. Your only hope is to home school them.

Because if not, just like this little boy, they will be labeled. And even though this label is just for the school, it could affect his whole school career. Teachers talk, files are read.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Auricom
How much further do we need to fall?

All the way.

Otherwise we won't have the documentation available as research material for the rest of existence to reference on why not to follow this path. We're an exploratory probe civilization coded to explore all the worst possible paths we can find.

What do you think all the NSA data collection is really for?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Truly ridiculous. No wonder people in general are losing "compassion" - and turning to violence instead of tolerance. It's one thing in our PC world for a teacher to kiss a child, quite another for children to show affection for each other. ...I do think it's stupid to push kids into "boyfriend-girlfriend" relationships at such a young age but... really.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Ok for the record.

We had an agreement.

I'd show her mine if she showed me hers.

I was never the same afterwards

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This whole "everyone is so easily offended, let's make mountains out of mole hills every chance we get" thing our society has going on.. is really sad.

It was a kiss. On the cheek. I can't believe for a second that it was anything but innocent coming from a 6 year old.

To call it sexual harassment is absolutely ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Ugh... this kind of thing makes me...

I wanna vomit on whoever's running that school. Honestly.

I feel for that poor kid.

Think about how this is gonna affect him later down the road.

I know a lot of females who complain about the guy they're interested in "never making an effort" or "never making the first move." Well, look at our society. I'm all for female equality, trust me, but men are hardly allowed to step outside of themselves anymore without being called a stalker or something.

Buying flowers for someone in your workplace shouldn't be called "harassment."

Its sweet. Not harassment.

And this case SURE AS HELL is not harassment.

This poor little kid is gonna grow up thinking he did something wrong, and he's gonna be one of many males in our society afraid to step up, be a man, and make the first move.

Our society is destructive in almost every respect.

We really DO need a reset.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I have gone beyond asking "what kind of society we live in" and am seriously worried about what kind of people make and enforce these kinds of rules.

Point being, what is the motivation of people to do this to a six year old...what are they thinking when they do this ??

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
You know, some people call this overstepping by the school district..and I'm coming to think just the opposite. It's not doing too much...It's being lazy losers who won't do anything. This is happening in my own district in my Son's schools as well.

Way back when dinosaurs roamed the earth and TV came by outdoor antenna, schools had a minor but very real role in helping to form a sense of right/wrong and correcting that where it could be in reasonable ways. Oh...violence in a major way still got cops...but fist fights on and off campus were weekly in Junior and High schools. No biggy. No cops..and only once did it go big. A couple hundred would have been involved..and even I felt that one was good to shut down hard.

Sexual harassment? Hey... the ages here make it puppy love..at WORST. Imitation of what they see is more like it, IMO...yet the schools won't sit down for 5 minutes and explain why this isn't appropriate. It's EASIER... QUICKER...and FASTER...to file charges. Real or Internal...doesn't matter.

Filing charges..! Ah-HA! Now they don't have to think and blow their little brain fuses to come up with intelligent ways to relate to a child and get the idea across, not just clobber them. NOW....a book says, step by stupid step, what must happen ..and even THOSE idiots can't get it wrong.

Unfortunately, the book was written for hard cases, in my experience..and it's now applied to EVERY case without judgement or mercy.

The lazy, pathetic and easy way to handle it.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This doesn't even make me angry...just sad.
It's like there are people set out to kill the most simple and beautiful things...poor kid.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

I'll tell you EXACTLY what they are thinking:

"Well school policy dictates...(along with self-righteous tone and raised nose,pretentious sniff optional)"

And if you point out that whatever they did was illegal, you get school policy again, as if that is some almighty shield from breaking the law and violating these children's rights!

YES, YOU KNUMBSKULL SCHOOL WANNA-BE DICTATORS, THOSE AREN'T LITTLE OBJECTS YOU ARE DEALING WITH, THEY ARE UNITED STATES CITIZENS, WITH RIGHTS!!

Someone needs to forcibly remind these little idiots via class-action lawsuit/bad press protest exactly how much we here in the United States VALUE the Civil Rights of our children.

I don't know anyone else's feelings on the matter, but I value the Rights of the children of this country a hell of a lot more than my own, Because they need us to protect them for them, until they are old enough to do it for themselves!!

Anyone else of a similar mind, let's start plotting NOW, HERE ON THIS BOARD, instead of saying things like well,someone oughta, I wish I was, if I was there,...

A lot of damned smart people here, SURELY there are some lawyers here, or people who work at home with lots of computer time, at least look through legal files to give ideas for a basis for a suit.

This forum is worldwide, with THOUSANDS of members. seriously telling me we can't pick ONE obviously WRONG situation and make it the Above Top Secret charity for that family/cause/legal battle? NO i don't want people to send me any money for it, Maybe the Mods or something like that, I don't know the first thing about the mechanics of such a thing being done, only that it needs to be.

I just think that with so many like minded people here in one place we have the opportunity to actually DO something, instead of just bitch on the web.

Anyone here feel the same?

Trying to help out the family of a six year old that was just WRONGED seems like a damned noble start to me.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
And people wonder why, more and more adults are giving their children home education, i pulled my daughter out of high school after just 1 year, its 1 of the best decisions i`ve ever made.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
My leg humping dog better watch out....

These people mean business.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join