It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six year old suspended for 'sexual harassment'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

CANON CITY, Colo. -

A six year old boy is suspended from school in Canon City for kissing a classmate on the cheek

His mother says it's a crush and the two children like each other. But the school is calling it something else; sexual harassment.

First grader, Hunter Yelton, told us he loves science and phys-ed. Also...that he has a crush on a girl at school, who likes him back.

It may sound innocent enough...but at six years old Hunter now has 'sexual harassment' on his school record.

Six year old suspended for 'sexual harassment'

Local news just reported on this today...

This to me is what makes me hope society can get a reset, and soon. Read the article, it's not very long. So far there are not very good reactions to this, and with good reason.

Putting "sexual harassment" on a 6 year olds school record is no joke. This kid has NO idea what sex even is, this is completely unacceptable. I'm glad my son is now in college cause this just gets worse and worse. I can't understand how things like this have been allowed to continue for so long.
edit on 9-12-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Yet another story about morons running our schools.
Damn good thing I went to school when I did, I'd be expelled with all the BS rules they have now.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

More nonsense like this and you'll see more and more home schooled kids. However, a school record isn't a police record so in the meantime it means jack #.

When I was a teenager I kissed a friend at her school and that wound up going on her "record". Let me tell you how much that matters in the real world.

What bothers me though is the stories of 18 year olds being convicted as sex offenders and having to register for dating say a 16 or 17 year old. That makes me incredibly sad.

edit on 9-12-2013 by OrphanApology because: d

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

True, it won't go on any official police records but think of how much potential crap this kid could get from other kids down the line because of it.. Also, think about how this kid now will go through life thinking it's a horrible offense to kiss a girl on the hand, who not only liked him back but also had permission from her.

He's going to be the living real version of koothrappali from Big Bang Theory, never being able to even talk to girls....(without believing he's drunk first)

In all seriousness tho, what a joke of a society we live in..

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

It's dumb but again it's not going to make much of a difference in the long-term. Either way the mother could probably file a slander lawsuit if she was willing to shell out the cash. Since it's not a police record and it was consensual puppy love, she'd probably win.

Either way I guess I'm just used to the idea of schools doing this kind of #. Then again I'm gay so this almost always happens for any same-sex anything, at least it used to. I was home-schooled so my experiences with these sort of things was earshot stories from friends who did actually go to PS.

I am really tired of reading stories like these. Makes me want to ring their necks.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

YUP,

The idiot inmates are in charge of the asylum.

Just as predicted 2000 years ago . . . we live in the era where . . . as never before to this degree, level, hideousness . . .

EVIL IS CALLED GOOD AND GOOD IS CALLED EVIL.

UP IS CALLED DOWN AND DOWN IS CALLED UP.

LEADERS ARE DESTROYERS VS LEADERS.

And patriots are called terrorists.

And the race to hell is gaining speed.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

EDIT - woops I quoted the wrong thing, I read that first sentence wrong sorry!

I am really tired of reading stories like these. Makes me want to ring their necks.

You and me both. It's probably better that you were home-schooled anyway, I'm sure this kind of thing did start with the gay community being targeted first... Sadly, this was then probably the result of horrible right-wing ideology gone wild. Now the roles are reversed and this new madness is coming from the left it seems.. Both extremes are running this nation to the ground and it's unbelievable to me how it continues.

I just wonder when we are going to see pre-schoolers, 3 and 4 year olds accused of such things. It's only a matter of time at this rate. (not that a SIX year old is much different)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

OrphanApology
reply to post by Wookiep

It's dumb but again it's not going to make much of a difference in the long-term. Either way the mother could probably file a slander lawsuit if she was willing to shell out the cash. Since it's not a police record and it was consensual puppy love, she'd probably win.

Either way I guess I'm just used to the idea of schools doing this kind of #. Then again I'm gay so this almost always happens for any same-sex anything, at least it used to. I was home-schooled so my experiences with these sort of things was earshot stories from friends who did actually go to PS.

If its not being done already, sexual preference will be on school records. I know it is included in the kids school records at our "safe schools" in this area.

The FBI probably has school record comments and violations. Mine surely has comments like : "Weird kid eats pitted dates at lunch.. tells other kids the dates are legless roaches" " Hit Tim Dedere in the head with a rock for hugging her.. definitely a savage" " Scared of the priest and thinks drinking blood is icky.. definitely an apostate"

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
If I was that kids parents those responsible would be given a very sharp lesson on what harassment really is!

I find this just totally incredible. What the hell is in the heads of those responsible?

WOW!! A 6 year old kid shows affection and he's a SEX OFFENDER!

I'm sitting here wanting to strangle them

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

If its not being done already, sexual preference will be on school records.

This wouldn't surprise me either, but why the hell would the schools need that info? I think this would be fought against pretty hard.. Then again, I guess things like this story aren't being fought against hard enough, wow.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Yeah, I guess he "sexually harassed" her if you are living in Lego-land gummy bear world where sugar pops grow on mountain tops and banana splits are on every corner.

Criminal scum.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Wookiep

If its not being done already, sexual preference will be on school records.

This wouldn't surprise me either, but why the hell would the schools need that info? I think this would be fought against pretty hard.. Then again, I guess things like this story aren't being fought against hard enough, wow.

**shrug** Probably the same reason they need to know the parents political leanings.. www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Weirdos...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Insanity. I wonder if they accept parents who identify with libertarian or other third parties.. ...they would prolly put those like me on the watch list. Pffft.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Sexual preference has always been on school records in some places. The only difference now is that it's a guise for bullying prevention instead of the school board reporting "deviant sexual behaviors" that usually prompted more bs or abuse when you got home.

Conversion therapy, isolation, beatings, broken hearts, families giving youth's so much bull# that they dated people or had unsafe sex in a means of trying to do the "right" thing.

Oh my!

I have stories to tell of my friends and most of them aren't even that old(all under 40). I can't imagine what the generations before them went through.

Either way these schools where these administrators had to go to school for years studying children sure don't seem to know anything about them. Are they trying to engineer idiotic psychos? I think so.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Yeah, they don't know what the hell they are doing... Schools don't need to know that info other than to have an excuse to harass, and that's exactly what they do.

I dunno, I am starting to think "they" are trying to create psychopaths. We've already known for years that they've wanted kids to be mindless drones... I guess Ritalin didn't work well enough, so now it's all about criminalizing them early to keep em out of society? Even the craziest theories are starting to make sense because accusing a 6 year old of sexual harassment sure doesn't....

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Both hunter and his mom, Jennifer, admit he's had some trouble at school in the past. Hunter has been suspended for rough-housing, and for kissing the same girl on the cheek.

They're hoping the suspension changes hunter's behavior.

It kinda seems they may be using this incident as a reprimand for previous behavior.

The video shows a screen shot of the schools definition of sexual harassment

Sexual harassment as defined above may include but is not limited to:

1. Sex-oriented verbal "kidding," abuse, or harassment.

2. Pressure for sexual activity.

3. Repeated remarks with sexual or demeaning implication to a person.

4. Unwelcome touching, such as patting, pinching, or repeated brushing against another's body.

Guess they're going with the "not limited to" part of their definition.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AltMotive

And it's funny how they use the quote -

Hunter has been suspended for rough-housing, and for kissing the same girl on the cheek.

As if this 6 year old has committed horrible atrocities in the past to deserve a prior suspension, and now another suspension with sexual harassment attached..

A: All 6 years olds rough house.
B: 6 year olds with crushes kiss their girlfriends on the cheek.

But those terrible prior offenses required suspensions..They sure do pass those out like candy those days. Man, I woulda had to beat the crap out of a kid, maybe even with a sharp object to get that kind of sentence when I was in school. Drug use on school property was a big one that caused suspensions in my day. Now they just haul those offenders to jail..

This parent should home school because at home, kids can be kids. School is prison for kids now days.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

How sad they had to make such a big deal out of this. The kid sounds like he's having a little trouble keeping his hands to himself but I don't think it requires suspension etc.

It's not just now days. My first true friend was a neighbor boy, we were both 4. The following year we went to kindergarten together. It was the only class we ever shared yet we graduated from the same high school/same year.

He was the kindest boy I'd ever met. I didn't know boys could be like that. My older brother was in a special class/went to therapy twice a week because of his violent behavior. He attracted similar friends so it was all I knew.

My friend was so gentle, small and timid. I was so protective of him because I knew I was way tougher. We went to school and the teacher yelled at him constantly, he'd cry. I would feel so angry why couldn't she see his gentle nature? He couldn't tie his shoes, so I did for him. He couldn't button his coat, so I did that too. I tried to protect him the best I could from that bitch and she hated me for it.

The teacher told my parents I was a detriment to his development and we should never have a class together ever. It was put in my record and let what is written be done. My parents cut off our friendship so we waved/tried to play across the yards.

We always smiled and acknowledged each other over the years but I guess we just didn't want to make waves.

I knew all along Mark was gay but as a child I had no knowledge of what that even meant. I just knew he was very special to me. He wasn't my boyfriend, his nature wasn't meant for that and I knew it. He was my best friend and I missed him terribly. I think I'd be a better person today had they just left us alone.

Btw I ended up having that same teacher in 3 different grades. I think she did it on purpose just to keep me in line. I don't know what she thought she was accomplishing.

Now you've gone and stirred up old memories...I'm all teary eyed.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Take a good hard look readers at the progressive mindset hard at work. When you let it into your house or school it will cause apathy,fear,confusion,laziness,stupidity .......the list is very long.

Being progressive is a sickness of the mind and soul that can be cured with simple remedies like growing up and not trying to rule others lives. Don't believe me raise your child with progressive ideals and watch them fail in life later.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Schools overstepping their power. Again...

This doesn't even meet any known definition of sexual harassment. Maybe someone should educate the school that sexual harassment is only possible if the person on the receiving end doesn't like it.

ETA: IMO, this kid could sue the school for defamation of character, as they have accused him of a criminal offence that he not only hasn't been charged with, but never even committed.

ETA: Also, here in Australia, it is illegal to publicise the name of a minor in relation to a criminal offence.
edit on 10/12/13 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join