It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to build a Great Pyramid...(and have fun doing it!)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DazDaKing

To clarify a little, you construct a wooden lean to ramp directly against the face of the pyramid at the centre, increasing it with each level achieved, and on this you run inter-connected wedge shaped sleds set against that ramp, you could use guidance rails and such forth, they are wedge shaped to remain upright as they run up and down the ramp.

So when one sled is at the bottom of one face the other will be at the top of the opposing face, you load that and one rises the other falls, repeat until pyramid constructed.

The lower courses tend to have the larger core blocks, and these could well just have used extension of the low level shallow incline earthen ramps to drag the blocks directly onto the working level, only for the higher levels would the system i suggest be neccesary.

The granite blocks, there aren't so many, they could have been dragged onto the working surface at an early stage and moved up per level as construction progressed until needed, rather than only raising them when needed, perhaps using leverage and rollers.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Woodcarver
reply to post by Kantzveldt

There are an estimated 2.3 million blocks that make the great pyramid. What i have trouble wrapping my head around is, how long would it take to quarry 1 block on average. Or 100 blocks.

If we guess 1 hr on average to quarry, shape, move, and set each stone. (Im using 1 hr as a standard because its a nice round number. )
It would take approx 2.3m hrs. To build just the great pyramid
There are 8,760 hrs in 1 year
Divided into 2.3m = 263yrs.

So how long does it take to quary and set 1 block?

I believe it was 1 block every 2.5 minutes, not per hour. The workforce listed should have been capable of doing 1 block every 30 seconds, so 2.5 minutes is very easy to accomplish.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

It would take approx 2.3m hrs.

1 block every 2.5 minutes

typical management.

2 minutes a block guys,,

what did the forman say?

1 min a block,, sorry but thats straight from the top.

yea.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

How do you arrive at 2.3 million hours? My math does not add up to that at all.

I arrive at about 100,000 hours, and 10-20 years to complete the pyramid.
edit on 8-12-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

BobAthome

It would take approx 2.3m hrs.

1 block every 2.5 minutes

typical management.

2 minutes a block guys,,

what did the forman say?

1 min a block,, sorry but thats straight from the top.

yea.

that would be,, AND I QUOTE,,,"It would take approx 2.3m hrs." ,UNQUOTE ,,not MAN HOURS???

sorry 2.3 man hours if u are talking 1 ton block,, ok,, reasonable,,,

hey guys there back too,, 2.3 million hours,, a block,,,,,,take a break,,,

edit on 12/8/2013 by BobAthome because: having fun yet?? ohh and we got a wage strike comming up,,

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

nice post, how come no crushed bodies found, like in the great wall of china? which we know was man-made.

they had a perfect safety record? no back orders? nite time? holidays? how many people lived there?

these guys were THAT good? they were paid in beer!! lol! yeah, hic, a little more to the left! too much! back a little!
hic, burp, ya, that looks ok, oh Sh*T, sorry abami! (made up name)

i even suggested before, that they had to have the most educated population/society, ever, to build these things.

it boggles my mind how people go with the flow of the official time line and credits.
it's nuts.

and don't forget, people, if you believe, they started with smaller stones.
HEY! let's use 2 ton plus stones and make it 5 times bigger!

good idea, Imhotep!

it would take them 15yrs just to grade the site! at least!
forget the other "coincidences"

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
OK, but where exactly is the 'fun' bit?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

DazDaKing
reply to post by Woodcarver

Thanks man, I just read your earlier post and can see you had a similar way of thinking about it.

The other day I saw something that genuinely made me 'snap' into releasing how real the cover-up is. I decided to randomly watch a documentary on the Sphinx, as it is a ridiculous thing. They didnt build this thing from the ground up, they cut a massssive square area out of the ground, significantly deep and built it from within that enclosure. I mean, all carbon dating tests on its outside give approx. 2500 BC era but the inner material and limestone core push it back to 4500-5000 BC! Not to mention an inventory 'Stella' found from the 4th dynasty period for the Sphinx that showed it was renovation work. Why are we ignoring the science and other evidence? We are doing the whole 'flat earth' thing again because we're/they're accustomed to an idea they don't want to let go for whatever reason (any of the 'sins' basically).

But anyway, this documentary was based around the geologists who first bought up the weather erosion problem. The Sphinx and its whole enclosure show rain erosion clearly, yet the outer area and the smaller limestone periods only show wind erosion. It seems to be generally accepted that Egypts been pretty dry since around. 10,000-5,000 BC. So the logic follows that the Sphinx should be at least ~5000 years old. They even did tests showing the saturation was twice as deep under the front of the sphinx (12 ft) compared to the rear. That means the front is older by atleast twice. Hence, the dates 2500 and 5000 BC crop up again.

You may of heard of this already, as I have a few times before seeing this, but the evidence really is obvious when you see the erosion up close and get comparisons. One of the geologists is a Harvard student who fully understood the implications of his research, so I trust his scientific method of the other tests to an extent, plus I know that various other intelligent and open minded geologists have backed this. They got blasted by the academic community, but the part that got me was seeing the 'Egyptologists' talk lol.

The director of the Giza plateau was just rambling loudly about how much nonsense these theories are and they have conclusive evidence Khufu built it in 2500 BC. But it is the way he presents himself, with that simple minded anger, and no actual detail of evidence but just the use of key words that made me release they really are perpetuating a lie on purpose. It's obvious isn't it. When you have scientific data after data, not to mention historical references (Herectodus with an Egyptian high priest) saying the great pyramid and sphinx were built by Shepard kings before the 1st dynasty - it makes you wonder doesn't it.

There's conclusive proof there's a rectangular chamber some metres under the front of the Sphinx, yet as far as I'm aware no attempt has been to reach it, the Giza authorities won't allow it. That is where the Hall of Records are meant to have been. It pisses me off because they think we're dumb. And if they have and it was 'empty', I simply could not buy it. Something's being kept secret for whatever reason. It all reminds me of the Vatican and whatever crazy history and knowledge is locked up in those archives.

edit on 6-12-2013 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

the sphinx was built when giza was wet, till it went dry?

that was how long ago? how long did it take, to make that erosion? not a couple years.

so it's age could go back farther than quoted.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Maybe it took 263 years, who knows?d They maybe had the time to do it and passed the work on to generation after generation.
We should show high amount of respect to these buildings. Because we don't actually know the amount of work done. Imagine a few thousand people working 16 hours a day during 200-300 years and then destroy it in a few weeks just because of a road.

I heard a dew months back a country destroyed a pyramid because they needed a road to pass across that area. Just not okay.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I theorize there are two generations of pyramids:

The first one (older) built using machines.

The second generation (newer) with manual labor.

There was a downgrade of technology in Egyptian society - maybe the machines that came with an ET race stopped working after a while.

Pyramids are essentially after-life palaces for the royals. That is the only purpose of the pyramids. Pyramids have unique preservation properties, which are visible even in small pyramids that you can build in your home.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by tsingtao

The whole idea about the use of ropes to move the stones up the side makes sense to a point. It leaves a few questions.
1) Where do you get that much rope from? Remember this stuff frays on heavy use so it has to be constantly replaced. If they used that and the area is that dry shouldn't there be lots of this stuff left laying around to be found?
2) I would agree there would be damaged blocks that occur. I would guess any leftovers would have been raided by later constructions
3) Consider that if they used a brace against the side of the construction site that alone would be a major effort. It might have also been used as a ramp to pull the blocks up on.
4) If this method was used I would expect that row of supports to be much further compressed than the rest of the construction.
5) This also demands the use of indirect hand signals or the like to control the groups working out of site and ear shot of each other. Incomplete thought though. Feels like there is more here than I'm playing with.

We don't need ET to do the work but it is more mysterious than just pure sweat and engineering.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
plausible theory, and implementable building method. I used to use a similar method lifting heavy electrical equipment using a counter weight method. which is an effective method when you are low on Hi tech resources.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Interesting video that shows how easy it is to move large heavy items with a little wood, some rope and a few men.

Remember, they used hemp ropes back then, much stronger than the junk we have to use now.

edit on 8-12-2013 by Hmmmmmmm because: (no reason given)

The concepts of levers and fulcrums were in use for many moons before heavy equipment took over. They surely understood these concepts in ancient Egypt, in fact, I would bet money they understood them better than we do today.

In the way we have become dependent on technology we have stopped using our analytical skills as much. We choose the easiest way instead of the smartest way.

I can't find it now but I read an article about some train cars that ended up in lake and all the heavy machinery they could find wasn't getting it done. So they hired a group/tribe (don't remember) who specialized in moving heavy items. Using only basic rapes and human powered tech they got the job done. I want to say it was in India, but I can't remember.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hmmmmmmm

This is good video to illustrate the use of leverage to move heavy objects the ancient Egyptians understood these principles I believe I have a plausible theory concerning a simple device they could have used to move and manoeuvre the stones into place and I am working on a model to validate my idea.
When I’ve finished the model I will post a thread showing how it works and how I came upon the theory.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Building a Pyramid or Stonehenge replica?

This is a 'must read'.

www.theforgottentechnology.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tsingtao

Yes, the Sphinx definitely (by conclusion of scientific evidence and data) is older than the rest of Giza, and according to weather data should be at least 5000 years old, which correlates with the carbon dating.

This is one of the greatest recent cover ups regarding our history. I have researched this topic a lot. I have a rough idea of what happened, but I don't like sharing it. It produces more questions than it answers, but we cannot ignore the truth in favour of 'simplicity' and current paradigm sense.

The great pyramid infact contains a better cartouche that bares the name Knum-Khufu. Knum-Khufu comes up significantly more often across all of Egypt and in hieroglyphs than Khufu, and is signified by the ram and a jug of water preceding the normal symbols for 'Khufu'. The only evidence of Khufu is a tiny, 15cm or so statue baring his Horus name (but NOT his cartouche). Parts of these cartouches were dated to atleast 4500 BC by the University of Leeds. Knum-Khufu is not listed on any Kings List.

Knum is infact the early dynasty (well before the supposed building of the Great Pyramid) Egyptian ram headed God of knowledge, presented by the ram and a jug of water. Knum-Khufu means 'Knum protects me'. Would that not suggest Khufu was named after this and the pyramid of Knum-Khufu than the other way around? That's what the evidence would seem to suggest. The 4th Dynasty seems to have took over the Giza Plateu by creating small imitation pyramids (which show no rain erosion like the Sphinx yet are the same limestone), and renovating and claiming the Great Pyramid and the Great Sphinx.

Not to mention Pi first crops up 'officially' in ~1600 BC in Babylonian tablets and the Egyptian 'Rhind' papyrus at values of 3.16 and 3.12. That just #s up everything. The Egyptians apparently had great knowledge of Pi during the construction of the great pyramid in either 2500 BC or however far back to 6 decimal places and probably more, but couldn't get past 1 decimal place in 1600 BC? That doesn't make sense. It suggests great knowledge was lost, and if that's the case - then it doesn't really matter if the great pyramid and sphinx are moved back in date, we really don't know the truth either way.

I mean the thing is flipping aligned to True North (or the North Star of the period depending on the 25,000 precession) by 12 seconds of an arc of a degree. That's better than the White House and they tried really hard with that one. The only historical record with reference to the Great Pyramid was by Herectodus who claimed (in 500 BC mind you!) that the Great Pyramid was built in 20 years (one block every 150 seconds is impossible considering current paradigm view of anciey egyptians) and for Khufu.

This is the same guy who writes about his talk with an Egyptian high priest, who tells him the Great Pyramid was built by great Shepard kings before the 1st Dynasty, and that the 4th dynasty were Memphite of a 'different race', as opposed to normal Memphite 3rd dynasty and elephantine 5th dynasty pharoahs. Wtf is going on here? And what do Shepard kings and the marking of the North Star remind you of?

Heh, there's such a bigger story to all of this I believe, but I have no true idea what it is. I see overlaps in things here and there, but its a mystery ultimately. But they definitely were mathematically more knowledgable than we accredit them to be today. And of course engineering and technology follows.

edit on 8-12-2013 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CryHavoc

Interesting stuff I’ve seen this before the problem is that the techniques are clever but quite time consuming the Egyptians needed more of a production line type operation when building the pyramid.

They had large quantities of labor the thing for them was using that manpower efficiently and they had to develop the methods and devices to keep up the pace of work.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Hmmmmmmm
www.youtube.com...

Interesting video that shows how easy it is to move large heavy items with a little wood, some rope and a few men.

Remember, they used hemp ropes back then, much stronger than the junk we have to use now.

The concepts of levers and fulcrums were in use for many moons before heavy equipment took over. They surely understood these concepts in ancient Egypt, in fact, I would bet money they understood them better than we do today.

In the way we have become dependent on technology we have stopped using our analytical skills as much. We choose the easiest way instead of the smartest way.

I can't find it now but I read an article about some train cars that ended up in lake and all the heavy machinery they could find wasn't getting it done. So they hired a group/tribe (don't remember) who specialized in moving heavy items. Using only basic rapes and human powered tech they got the job done. I want to say it was in India, but I can't remember.

The thing is, you can't really compare using a windlass or some combination of rope/axel/wheel to lift an object a few metres or even 20 (that is already angled relative to the plane of Earth) just once as opposed to lifting 15-70 tonne blocks and transporting them considerable distance, then loading them onto constructions that withhold all the stresses over the next however many years, lifting them, and proceeding to place them with accuracies as good as 1/1000th of an inch.

When one of those tasks is taken out of context with the rest, it is a lot easier to explain. It is the combination of them and the result that makes it not so easy to explain. But you're right, they could have theoretically used such methods to raise the blocks, but the issue of loading the blocks onto a lever and having such a structure to support these sizes and weights then has to be considered. Not just a few ropes and some wooden planks lol.

I guess they could have used a pulley to raise the blocks slightly inclined and place one end of a lever under it, lower it back down and then lift it using a counter weight. This would raise the block to an incline though and out ridiculous strain on the holding structure. There's way to get around that of course with wedges and such but it gets increasingly complex.

At one point they would have had to lift 15+ tonnes to a high of at least 100+ metres. If they were using ropes to lift that weight up one side of the pyramid using counter weight on the other side - how did they lift the counter weight? They must have used an inclined ramp surrounding the pyramid in an ascending manner, but then 70 tonne blocks are not quite easily pulled up inclines lol. And the ramps would have to been massive themselves and perfect to sustain those weights and stresses, and there's no evidence of crushed bodies as somebody said so it seemingly was?

Its all a jigsaw puzzle isn't it.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

and then the pure mathematics of the "shafts" lining up with,, Dog Star , ?? Constalation,,the height is a square of, the earth,, etc,,,

must have used,, ruby lazers.

for sighting
,,,cause diamond lasers are white.

,, with Bronze Age tools ,,dont forget.

or was it " cavemen " with rocks.

ya i thinks it was rock's and cavemen.
then Bronze,
Iron,

etc,,
edit on 12/8/2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

"I believe it was 1 block every 2.5 minutes, not per hour. The workforce listed should have been capable of doing 1 block every 30 seconds, so 2.5 minutes is very easy to accomplish."

So you are suggesting that an ancient people were able to cut from a quarry, a massive stone, shape this stone into a nice rectangle/square, then move this block from a quarry that was up to 500 miles away (makes you wonder what kind of speeds they were doing while transferring this stone from the quarry to the build site) and then place this block at it's desired level on the pyramid, all the while maintaining pin point accuracy, all within 2 and a half minutes, and this is just building the structure. Forget about all of the accurate cosmic alignments...

NOW.... You can easily prove this theory to all of your naysayers, all you have to do is get as many people as you can fathom, post an add and recruit how ever many you want. Now you guys just need to go to your nearest mountain, cut out a block about 2 meters x 2 meters. Shape this block into a nice rectangle/square. Transfer this block lets just say 50 miles. Finally put this block on top of your house. Do this all in under 2.5 minutes. WITHOUT modern machinery. I expect either video or photos with time stamps to prove your suggested time frame. I'll buy you a beer if you can just complete any one of those steps 2.5 minutes.
Cheers

Peace

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join