It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will you say/do, if you are wrong about Jesus

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 02:59 AM
link   
i dont hate or resent god, far from it, i dislike god because of the things i believe there are things in his power to do to make this world a better place to live, but i like god beacause he gave us life and a chance to prove ourselves. eather way im still gonna pop him one in the mouth beacause i times i prayed fervently and he let me down. plus i think id be the first person to actually pop him one in the mouth, although there is a lot of talk that god is surrounded by a aura of peice whitch would make you forget all hate and such. and lastly, if im totaly wrong and gods a woman, then ill look her in the eyes and say 'typical absolutly typical you hasd to be a woman didnt you so i couldnt sock you one in the mouth' then id walk straight to hell, mind you if i did sock god i wonder what satan would say? hmm interesting.

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MiStErBeLLaTrIx
Jump on in Helen the water is fine!

Live my life like there's no tomorrow and all I've got, I had to steal
Least I don't need to beg or borrow Yes I'm livin' at a pace that kills
Runnin' with the devil I'm gonna tell ya all about it
I found the simple life ain't so simple When I jumped out, on that road
I got no love, no love you'd call real Ain't got nobody, waitin' at home
God damn it lady. You know I ain't lyin' to ya
I'm only gonna tell you one time!
You know I, I found the simple life Weren't so simple, no
When I jumped out, on that road
Got no love, no love you'd call real Got nobody, waitin' at home
Runnin' with the devil Yes I am!

[Edited on 5-25-2003 by MiStErBeLLaTrIx]

LOL hmmmmmm lol
It's actually too cold here in Melbourne!!!
Maybe when summer comes around.....ill look forward to jumping in some water!!!

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   
There should be an Eleventh Commandment: Thou Shalt Keep Thy Religion To Thyself...

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
Illmatic that verse.......quote//I, Even I, am Yahweh, and beside me there is NO Savior. Isaiah 43:11

That is one line taken out........put the whole verse in......
chapter 43 , verse 10......Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord,and my servant whom I have chosen;
that ye may know and believe Me,
and understand that I am he:before Me there was no God formed,
neither shall there be after Me.
11/I ,even I , am the Lord;and beside Me there is no Saviour.
12/I have declared ,
and have shewed, when there was no strange god among you:therefore ye are My witnesses,
saith the Lord,
that I am God.
13/Yea, before the day was
I am He;
and there is none that can deliver out of my hand:
I will work, and who shall let it?
You see Illmatic........you have to read the whole of the chapter to understand.........This is talking of the future Saviour that is to come.......that He will send to us a Saviour.........in the flesh......one God.......
In the New Testament Jesus Christ speaks like that of the Old..........I am He.....
I am.....
That is why He was crucified.......because of the claim of Him being God........and it was written that He was to be crucified........for a lamb was sacrificed in honour of God......the blood was spilt for Sin........but Jesus Christ said......I am the lamb........
He came as a servant .......to be accepted by everyone and to show that He was Humble......to show us that all can be saved, through Him.........

Helen that was the OLD TESTAMENT . That was Moses that they were talking about not "Jesus". Gezz you really don't pay attention do you. For a christian you really don't understand the bible

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by believerinchrist
The only answer that she has rec ieved so far is ,"Mohammads revelations are the ame that are in the bible". Are they truly the same, and did Mohammad promise any thing to his followers? Did he promise them eternal life with him, offer them salvation, any thing? What can he do for his people? And I have a question,, I think that some are saying or part of islamic belief is that Jesus was a mere prophet but a sinless, special man...am I correct? To think about that one....I know there was "no not one" who is or was sinless....Jesus was a devine inspiration, the son of God, sent to earth to save the people, Gods son in the flesh...NOT just man for if he were just a man then he had sin but he did not...........................................Believer

Mohammad talked a lot about Jesus and the "Last days" He told them that if they follow GOD/Allah (Allah is just another name for the Most High. Jesus called him the Father the Jews called him Yahweh) and do good deeds then you will have everlasting life. Sound familiar. Yes!!! "Jesus" said the same thing.

What you people don't understand is that your religion is based from Judaism. �Jesus� was a JEW. You all are like bickering children competing for the affection of your father, not knowing that he�s just shaking his head at you because he loves you all. I'm glad Mohammad didn't make the mistake of calling himself the son of God/Man or things would be a lot worse.

Come on now, think about it!?!? How could the Most High creator of ALL lower himself by putting his consciousness into a being that lived on a back water planet in an isolated solar system?!?! (I�m even lowering the concept of GOD by putting the gender of him on GOD)

This planet is like a grain of sand along and infinite beach. �Jesus� life span was a mere 1/1,000,000,000,000 of a twinkle in GOD�S eye. He exists outside of space and time as we know it. Why lower your conception of "GOD" to a mere mortal. Humans have made this mistake for millennia. Even the �Great� Cesar�s thought they were "GODS". How arrogant . You must understand that we will never know the true nature of GOD the creator of ALL. How can we understand a being when we can�t even see and perceive with our own eyes his creations in our galaxy alone?

Once we humans become humble then we will start to see the big picture. Until then we will continue to debate topics that have no relevance in the grand scheme of things. Life is about learning. Why do you think you learn? It�s for your spiritual development that you will need when you move on to the next life/stage of your sprits existence/heaven.

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by BuddhaCession
Abstract Alao said:

"Exactly that is in the old testement. Now jesus said that the god named "Yahweh" wasb't the true God. There goes a condraction right there."

Does the NT say this or are you talking about the Gnostic Gospels?

Peace

The NT but I really don't feel like looking up the verses because what good would it do people don't listen anyway!?!?

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
You see? abstract is right here - making plenty of sense. You can't educate those who wish to remain ignorant. Debating religion shows just how unintelligent we as a species are; fighting over religion is nothing more than fighting over who has the better imaginary friend.

I think it would be best if this topic was locked; since it's not really going anywhere -- but I'll let the mods decide that.

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Come on now, think about it!?!? How could the Most High creator of ALL lower himself by putting his consciousness into a being that lived on a back water planet in an isolated solar system?!?! (I�m even lowering the concept of GOD by putting the gender of him on GOD)

That's exactly what I'm saying.

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by abstract_alao

What you people don't understand is that your religion is based from Judaism. �Jesus� was a JEW. You all are like bickering children competing for the affection of your father, not knowing that he�s just shaking his head at you because he loves you all. I'm glad Mohammad didn't make the mistake of calling himself the son of God/Man or things would be a lot worse.

Although Jesus called himself the on of God, IMO he didn't claim to be the only child of God, but that we all are. That "only son of God" claim was made by the religion IMHO...

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Although Jesus called himself the on of God, IMO he didn't claim to be the only child of God, but that we all are. That "only son of God" claim was made by the religion IMHO...

That's my point exactly. But I think he did need to cake that distinction because the people back then had an even more narrow view of reality. �Jesus� was constantly trying to explain thing on there level.

By the way what does IMHO mean?!?!

[Edited on 25-5-2003 by abstract_alao]

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Christ came to fullfill the law.........Man's transgression...

The New Testament.

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Christ came to fullfill the law.........Man's transgression...

The New Testament.

What about the old testament..... Are you saying it dosen't apply?

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Abstract............Christianity does acknowledge the Old Testament, but the New Testament is used for Church service........like the Old Testament is used in the Jewish Sinagogue(Spelling?) ...They do not recocnize that the New Testament is the fullfillement of the Old.........and therefore still await the Messiah.......Mashiach Ben David..........Although some Jews say Jesus Christ was Maschiach Ben Joseph..........and the one that is to come.......Will be Masciach Ben David............Messiah..

Because Christianity have the prophecy fullfilled by Jesus Christ, there is no need to wait for a Messiah..

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
helen - remember that this isn't an attack on you, but your poor typing.
All of these periods that you keep inserting, apparently for emphasis and dramatics, aren't working. They're getting on everyone's nerves, including mine. They don't get your point across, don't make you look like you've outdone us, and they don't make you sound dramatic -only more unintelligent - type correctly, please. Insert a comma where a comma is needed, and not 18 periods. It's much easier, makes things much easier to read, and makes you look less un-educated.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I have about as much confidince in Jesus coming back in the clouds with power and great glory riding a white horse, destroying the enemy with the words of his mouth as I do Santa Clause coming this Christamas with his sled ,reindeer and a sack full of toys. Religion is nothing more than support groups or neighborhood government with priests or pastors, board members, every day people with a budget. That's not to say there is no good in religion. The fear of a God in my opinion is an ancient way of policeing the masses.

The reason I say this is because I have attended pentacostal churches for about 18 years and have seen no credible miricales or messages in tounges. I have seen 3 people stand up and claim to be healed of cancer whom each died months later. One pastors wife that my wife new before she met me died of breast cancer. The pastor refused to let her go to the doctor insisting God would heal her. The bible clearly teaches that signs and wonders will follow those who believe in Jesus. How much more can you believe than to loose your wife over it? Thats just a few of many similar stories.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
I have about as much confidince in Jesus coming back in the clouds with power and great glory riding a white horse, destroying the enemy with the words of his mouth as I do Santa Clause coming this Christamas with his sled ,reindeer and a sack full of toys. Religion is nothing more than support groups or neighborhood government with priests or pastors, board members, every day people with a budget. That's not to say there is no good in religion. The fear of a God in my opinion is an ancient way of policeing the masses.

The reason I say this is because I have attended pentacostal churches for about 18 years and have seen no credible miricales or messages in tounges. I have seen 3 people stand up and claim to be healed of cancer whom each died months later. One pastors wife that my wife new before she met me died of breast cancer. The pastor refused to let her go to the doctor insisting God would heal her. The bible clearly teaches that signs and wonders will follow those who believe in Jesus. How much more can you believe than to loose your wife over it? Thats just a few of many similar stories.

Why believe in a new religion that is only 100 yrs old....
Born again .........pentecostal is a new religion that seem to think that ''speaking in tongues'' is an act of God......that in itself is something that God does not do..
God does not chose whom he speaks to or whom he wishes to ''speak in tongues''
God does not give ''Gifts'' to people that ask for it,in His time, He will reveal Himself through good deeds or other means.......That is why Jesus Christ did not like to ''perform miracles'' to someone without true faith...and even then,if one has true faith,why seek after a miracle???
eg....
""Do not cease to pray God that He will deliver you from this death...Laughter removes from us that blessing which is promised to those who mourn(Matt.5:4)
''Let not yor prophets that are in the midst of you ,and your diviners,deceive you...For they prophecy falsely unto you in My name:I have not sent them,saith the Lord(Jeremiah 29:8-9)
and also there is ........
'''Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils (1 Tim 4: 1 )
In the last days we shall see the spirits of devils , working miracles (Apoc.16 :14 )

The Second coming of Christ will be unmistakable:it will be sudden,from heaven (Acts 1:11)

For as the lightning cometh forth from the east, and is seen even unto the west, so shall be the coming of the Son of man (Matt.24 :23 -27 )

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 02:06 AM
link   

The reason I say this is because I have attended pentacostal churches for about 18 years and have seen no credible miricales or messages in tounges. I have seen 3 people stand up and claim to be healed of cancer whom each died months later. One pastors wife that my wife new before she met me died of breast cancer. The pastor refused to let her go to the doctor insisting God would heal her. The bible clearly teaches that signs and wonders will follow those who believe in Jesus. How much more can you believe than to loose your wife over it? Thats just a few of many similar stories

Some more of those nice broken promises. But then you have the God's devine plan tm. thrown at you. Well, if God has a devine plan, and you come along and pray for something, what if that which you are praying for doesn't fit into his plan? He's God, he/she/it is going to do whatever heshe/it wants anyways, why bother praying in the first place?

I really tried to believe in God. I was raised to believe in him, my mother is still appauled when we were having a religious discussion when I was a child, and I stated that I have no respect for God.

I have made attempts to believe since then of course, but the same questions linger in my mind, and the realization of too many contradictions.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Why believe in a new religion that is only 100 yrs old....

The same reason people beleive in a religion that is 2000 years old........Faith.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
Some more of those nice broken promises. But then you have the God's devine plan tm. thrown at you. Well, if God has a devine plan, and you come along and pray for something, what if that which you are praying for doesn't fit into his plan? He's God, he/she/it is going to do whatever heshe/it wants anyways, why bother praying in the first place?

I really tried to believe in God. I was raised to believe in him, my mother is still appauled when we were having a religious discussion when I was a child, and I stated that I have no respect for God.

I have made attempts to believe since then of course, but the same questions linger in my mind, and the realization of too many contradictions.

Try looking at God in a different light. not as a �being� but greater than that. We human can only perceive so much. It�s is not meant for us to understand the true nature of The Most High.

If you look deep within your self you might find what your looking for.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   
i wish there was a jesus who would return and take all his loony followers away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join