It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will you say/do, if you are wrong about Jesus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 01:42 AM
link   
If you wany to post to this question, please give an honest, deeply thought out response. Im very curious to as what one, who believes in other religions than Christianity, will do or say, in the end-judgement day-before our God-that most of us believe in, when God asks the question of one "I sent my son, did you not know him?" Or one of simalar fashion. Im not interested in the answers of "I dont believe etc....." Im just wondering why alot of people out there wont or dont take into consideration that Jesus is thier savior and the only way to the father and unto heaven is through Jesus Christ? Believe me, if you gave Jesus a chance, you would recieve something that you have only dreamed about in those other religions. Salvation, Forgiveness and Eternal Life. .................Believer

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 01:57 AM
link   
What if there was no Jesus and we believed a lie?

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I would ask for a refund.

Say, how much does a lost childhood cost anyway?

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 02:03 AM
link   
If god and jesus really does exist, and that supposed fateful day ever comes of my judgement, I would ask one question, and follow with a statement...

"Why did you ever make yourself known to humans?

If the bible is true, I believe you to be a vengeful, hateful, sadistic being with no true love for anything but death. I am glad I did not worship nor believe in you, for I could think of no fate worse then loving a thing as grotesque as you are..."

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 02:06 AM
link   
What if Jesus was back and no one believed LOL

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ycon
What if Jesus was back and no one believed LOL

What if there were loonies claiming to be Jesus and people believed...

...hehehe...

[Edited on 21-5-2003 by alien]

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Well interesting, if Jesus came back and no one believed in him I bet most people would say, "You waited to long pal, now beat it."

However, I would tell G-d that he could not judge me for what I believed about him, only for my actions.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 02:12 AM
link   
What if everyone who claimed to be Jesus was labeled a loonie and Jesus was back

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Then I guess they'd be criticizing them. It's one thing to not believe something, it's another to tell someone else what they believe is wrong.

Seems to be a lot of that going around here lately...what a load of crap that is.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I am not wrong about jesus

End of debate for me...

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ycon
What if everyone who claimed to be Jesus was labeled a loonie and Jesus was back

I have to admit I am at work too much to pay as close attention to the news as I used to do, but I don't recall anyone talking about a mountain splitting open under the foot of the Savior.

No, I'm sure it hasn't happened, as the Saints will be riding in with Him, and last I checked I'm still riding a worn out Taurus.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaster
Well interesting, if Jesus came back and no one believed in him I bet most people would say, "You waited to long pal, now beat it."

However, I would tell G-d that he could not judge me for what I believed about him, only for my actions.

You would tell Him what He can and cannot do? That is almost on the same level as the other guy telling God He is cruel and all. Talk about gall; mere humans with extremely limited knowledge and understanding is going to tell the Creator of the universe where to get off. That is almost funny.

You might want to think about that one a bit before trying it.

Remember, first of all you were born into sin, thanks to Adam and Eve. Secondly, you have sinned, no matter how swell a person you are, you have violated. All it takes is one oopsey and you are in the same boat as Satan. The only difference is Christ died for you and all you have to do is accept Him.

Yup, a really cruel God; he died for you.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 04:32 AM
link   
No wrongs here. How could one possibly be wrong about anything???

Jesus can accept wrong because the world was never right.

No rights are known on this planet. What is right wouldn't matter in a world of wrong. Nor would wrong in a world of wrong. For all the rights and wrongs in a world of rights will not be privy to anymore wrong or right. For these things are not known in the world of right. What am I saying???

I am saying that the Lord, whoever that maybe is not going to have a world ruled by this uncertain ethical code. That is the fault of humans, known only to the light bringers, and those who see the light. Once you see the light, there is no turning back, and darkness is known no more.

You See?

[Edited on 21-5-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 04:39 AM
link   
TC God's righteousness is governed by his laws. He can not give us laws and break them himself, therefore if he really did give a crap and there is a heaven (which I don't believe), then he would only be able to judge me on my actions, not if I believed in Jesus or not.

As for morality.

We need morality.

Morals gives us freedoms.

Also I don't know where I have "sinned" at all.

I am as pure as God...if not more so, since he has so much blood on his hands.

I have always honored my parents.

I've not killed, even bugs I try not to kill when I can so avoid.

I've not had "illicit carnal intercourse".

I've not taken the lord's name in Vain.

I've not comitted blasphemy.

I've not lusted, slothed, or any of those "seven deadly sins".

I've done not one wrong in my life...based upon any of the tenents of man...or of god. That are or should we say, were written in the laws of the pentatuch and the commandments.

Therefore, I've never sinned, once.

Except of course, not believing in Jesus as the "son of god" at least, he's not the only one, if he's one, we all are.

[Edited on 21-5-2003 by TheMaster]

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 05:06 AM
link   
What about the fact that you stated that God has more blood on his hands then you???

God has no blood on his hands. God doesn't even know what blood is. How dare you blame God for the sins of man. Your mistake was saying that you were as pure as God. For nothing can be more pure than God. Only nothingness is more pure, and even that is disputable. For nothingness cannot have purity if there is noting to dilute??? Or am I wrong???

[Edited on 21-5-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Blasphemy would be me claiming myself to be God. Not saying that god "probably" has more blood on his hands than I do.

And I don't mean christian killing muslim.

I don't like explosive fools like you. You just assume what someone means.

I mean stuff like "Sodom and Gamorea" and the Flood.

You know, the stuff that God probably in reality did not really do, but if he did, makes him a mass murderer by his own laws.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The Master, I take to beleive might be of the Jewish religion. So I understand that he in his religious understanding does not blaspheme.

But the blood on the hands of God, taken in a literal view of the torah tells otherwise. The Iseralites where instructed by God to annihilate the Midianites, (Num. 31)They spared the women children and took as booty all their cattle, flocks, and goods. Moses was angry that they had let the women live. He then ordered all the male children to be killed. Then all the women that where not virgins were killed. But the virgins where allowed to be kept by the Isrealite men. So much for the commandments you shall not kill, you shall not steal and you shall not commit adultery.

The bible is full of contradictions. To many for it to be taken as the literal "word of God". Most of the Torah is based on Myth and Fokelore. Used by the Isrealites to set themselves apart from other nations for a sence of national individuality, from the other "blessed" nations of Abraham.

Anyway back to the subject, I believe in Jesus because he is God and I believe in God. So at the end of days when I'm judged, My answer will be I have believed in God my whole life.

[Edited on 21-5-2003 by Maddas]

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 06:24 AM
link   
i am not wrong about jesus, anybody outside any relligion can see that pretty much all relligions are a load of crap...

its about having respect for nature and being slightly spiritual....

god does not judge you, you judge yourself, if you cannot live with yourself, youll probably turn into a ghost and be a lost soul in emotional pain untill you can come to terms with it 1000's of years later...

if you acept yourself and what youve done, then you might get an afterlife...

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by believerinchrist
If you wany to post to this question, please give an honest, deeply thought out response. Im very curious to as what one, who believes in other religions than Christianity, will do or say, in the end-judgement day-before our God-that most of us believe in, when God asks the question of one "I sent my son, did you not know him?"

I would nod and say, "yes, I denied him. I'm ready for Hell."

Yes, really. I'll go to Hell with the other virtuous pagans, the virtuous people of other religions who heard and rejected Christianity, the Neanderthals, the children, the people who (according to the Bible) were killed by the Flood (including the babies) sent by your deity. I'll go there with Aristotle and Plato and the famous agnostics and athiests.

If offered the chance to go to Heaven or Hell -- free -- I wouldn't take the Christian Heaven. It's just the Borg Collective with pretty trappings -- you must worship and adore forever (like an unending church service) and you can never, ever, ever, ever get out and there's no dissent (stifling creativity) -- like a beehive of mindless drones.

No.

No thank you.

(and anyway, that scenario of "God shows up and says why did you deny my son" isn't supported by Near Death research. According to recorded NDEs, almost everyone ends up in a pleasant afterlife, regardless of their beliefs.)

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 12:00 PM
link   
"I sent my son, did you not know him?"

No, he lived about 2000 years before my time...
If instead, God, you mean did I not know him through the child molesters who ask me to follow him, then I must admit I couldn't exactly trust them. I have read his teachings though, and he was a wise man. His philosophies are similar to the ones I practice on a daily basis. I have led a good life. I have strived to be good, kind, and respect others, and indeed, help others. I am considered by most I know to be a nice guy. Heck, I rarely take a drink, don't smoke, and am not guilty of most of what you would consider sin. My only "crime" in your eyes would be that I didn't believe in you. But, who could blame me? You've been an absentee caretaker and creator. The world is filled with misery, and for what? Just because some stupid bitch ate an apple and you told her not to? Am I to be punished for the crimes of my ancestors? Well, God, I do not accept that responsibility, nor the blame. I have lived my life as a good man, far better than most who profess to live in yuor name. If you feel fit to cast me down to Hell, then by all means, I'll jump myself. For I would rather spend an eternity in Hell with the flesh burning off my bones, then be here with one who would forsake his creation and punish me for not giving in to your vanity.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join