It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will you say/do, if you are wrong about Jesus

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I believe John the Baptist is the true messiah.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:31 AM
link   
The only wrong is when people think the almighty father was the son too... well me and my dad co-exist and so did jesus and his father. Simple as that.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wisdumb
well me and my dad co-exist and so did jesus and his father. Simple as that.

You are assuming that this god is in the same physical plane as Jesus, but what if it is not? What if Jesus was the incomplete or partial manifestation of 'god' in this plane of existence? Under such conditions, it would be logically possible for Jesus to be this god without complete knowledge of itself thus assuming that there is a seperation between himself and 'god'.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I would ask him why he felt the need to toy with all of our lives just to see if we would hold faith, and then i would spit on him.
thought about it a bit more

I would also ask why he would let all the people suffer, who do believe and trust him. Was it simply to see if they would keep believing? Was there a god who wanted to protect and guide his followers? I would also ask if i could take his throne, and send him to suffer as he gave to all of his " followers. " Although i probly wouldnt care, we nihilists dont care we just pretend to.

[edit on 10-7-2005 by Caseysmind]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It saddens me to say that most of you will never know Jesus. Your mindset is that of a brick, nothing in, nothing out. You have in effect, crippled yourselves of a higher realm.
What IF, Christs teachings are meant to get us to grow up and get along so that we could join other "creations" that "might" lie elsewhere. (I put in quotes since I won't dispute possibilities that might be my belief but that go against your ingrained arrogance)
What if a book of sorts were left for future generations to use as a guide, contained in this book would be revelations that would point to undeniable proof that something were about to happen.
What if a man came along who was so profound that we actually stopped the clock and started counting days?
What if believers were persecuted by the evil that obviously revels in trying to shake them of their Faith?
What if Jesus came back and found that nothing he said was being listened to anyway so he decided to wash his hands of our not so innocent blood?
What if Jesus were sitting next to you, would you know him? He would know you!

I know this thread wasn't aimed at me since I am a believer in Him and all his glory, however, I would also have a reaction when I met Jesus and I think it would be appropriate to disclose in this forum since it asks the question of what I would say/do. First point, I know he is here now with me.
I pray that he grants me the words to communicate effectively.

(This is the end. no more chances, no more converts, the line had been drawn)
Lord, I know as a recent follower that I am in no way worthy to even speak for others. What I do know though is that I am sorry. I am sorry for the people here on this thread, other peoples of the world, I am sorry for our hedonisitc societies that care little about their fellow man. I am sorry that Jesus had to go to such a length to get us to wake up, and sorrier still that many still sleep. I am sorry for my shortcomings in that I was able to communicate and yet was still unable to convince.
Lord, I know I am unworthy of your exhaltation and would be more than willing to give up my place in the Book Of Life in reprieve for those here who still don't understand the depth of your love. I believe more than I should be spiritually able, yet less than what I feel would be necessary to enter your Kingdom. I pray Lord that as I type these words, wiping tears from my eyes, that you would deem me a servant and I will vow to never denounce you, my saviour and Lord Jesus Christ, and that I will extend my heart, my hand, and my mind in trying to win you every possible soul that I am able yet doesn't take that step out of fear of persecution , ridicule, animosity, hatred... I guess out of fear of being human.
I am unworthy of the sacrifice you have made but I humbly beg for just one more day, or one more hour, or just one more minute. I know my begging would probably have little consequence, we've had 2000 years but I feel the compulsion to at least try. If I could save just one more in your name I would take some small measure of heart after seeing the multitudes of fallen.
Oh Lord, I remain your humble servant.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   
nice post keybored.

I'll have to say, some of these replies make me want to cry almost. How can you blams God for your suffering, when it is the result of your own sin? Honestly, God has tried to help you maybe a million times in your short life, but nope, you say "Its God's fault for my problems. I am too good to suffer, I dont deserve it."
the pride, the pride, the pride. How can any of us humans be good as God to deserve His glory? None of us are good enough. while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Do you know what that means? Christ took the punishment we so much deserved, and suffered horribly for us. God loved us so much, that He would let His perfect Son die to pay for us! God is just and loving. You can say "why doesnt God just not care what I do and let me into heaven?" Well, think of it this way. Would you want the man who stole your car, or a man who killed your children, to be rewarded for it? How is that loving or just? God loves His people, but he cant love them without being just. Jesus took our consequences from anyone who would let Him.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
And what will you do if YOU are WRONG about Christ, believeinchrist?

Will you payback all the hours and energy you sucked away from people attending practically to the circumstances of their lives?

Or will you be a dead rotting corpse totally unaccountable for unloading your idiocy on everyone else?

Im alive and am not going to waste it worrying about that which is beyond my control,
And further will not become some sociopathic sycophant, kissing and grovelling for some religion.

Pack your carpetbag baby and move your huckster show to the next village.

No_Sale
*Ka Ching!*

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Well...If it turns out that I was wrong all these years about my beliefs and assertions of who Jesus was and had beyond a reasonable doubt of who he is, then...

I would say: What is the BFD?
By the way, Jesus ain't real and is only a fictional character of the Jews such as that of Noah. If Jesus existed, then he would be Lord Krishna. In that case I would never have been wrong about who Jesus was/is.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
In the end time during the rapture, there are two women standing in a field, one is taken, the other is not. We Christians just have to accept the fact that there will be those who won't be saved.
Jesus keeps waiting at that door of your heart. answer or don't answer his knock, that is your God given choice to make. It matters litttle to me (it hurts) how many words are used to slander His name since I know the above will happen. I am saddened by your loss however, my Faith is all I need, not dialogue with people of evil inclinations (Why else would you even debate God?)

A justifiable ignorance is one thing,(as in children) outright denial is another. The message has been given, you will either decide to Humble yourself, or face His wrath. Call it what you will, your words/actions will determine your destiny, not the words of a Christian.
Looking at the arrogance of the numerous posts that seek to belittle the Faith tells me all I need to know, there is a spiritual void. Your lack doesn't affect my free-will in making my choice to serve God on every level I am able, which yes includes communication.
As I stated on another thread, go ahead and shoot the messenger, (Christ and the words contained in the bible)the message remains the same. After all, Christ was crucified, can we mere mortals honestly expect any different from those who will not no matter the cost believe in the Grace of God?

Mankind is a lost cause in my eyes. If you are sitting on that fence, I pray that you fall towards the Truth and not the emotion. Want Truth? Watch it happen, Want salvation, accept Christ. That simple, no argument from me, no bible bashing scripture quoting, hell and damnation threatening, Heaven promising, just the simple message, its your choice (decided by FREE WILL) given you by God that YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR.
My choice won't matter to you so why does it bother you that I BELIEVE at all?
What matters to me is that God knows I for one won't let Jesus's death be in vain. I follow his teachings, ask for forgiveness,accept HIM as my saviour and accept his blessings.
Believe or not, its your choice to make, the message has been received and ignorance is no longer an excuse. All you are doing is assuring your own downfall but thats up to you. Cya there or not, thats your choice... its either adios or praise God!
At the end, we're all believers.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Originally posted by Ycon
What if everyone who claimed to be Jesus was labeled a loonie and Jesus was back

I have to admit I am at work too much to pay as close attention to the news as I used to do, but I don't recall anyone talking about a mountain splitting open under the foot of the Savior.

No, I'm sure it hasn't happened, as the Saints will be riding in with Him, and last I checked I'm still riding a worn out Taurus.

I'm with you TC. I'm ready to trade in my green '92 Olds for something in...hmmm...white, maybe.? And I am definately looking forward to that big entrance that you mentioned.

Lightseeker

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanD9
nice post keybored.

I'll have to say, some of these replies make me want to cry almost. How can you blams God for your suffering, when it is the result of your own sin? Honestly, God has tried to help you maybe a million times in your short life, but nope, you say "Its God's fault for my problems. I am too good to suffer, I dont deserve it."
the pride, the pride, the pride. How can any of us humans be good as God to deserve His glory? None of us are good enough. while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Do you know what that means? Christ took the punishment we so much deserved, and suffered horribly for us. God loved us so much, that He would let His perfect Son die to pay for us! God is just and loving. You can say "why doesnt God just not care what I do and let me into heaven?" Well, think of it this way. Would you want the man who stole your car, or a man who killed your children, to be rewarded for it? How is that loving or just? God loves His people, but he cant love them without being just. Jesus took our consequences from anyone who would let Him.

Thank you DanD and Keybored, too. You're both such great encouragements to the faithful. It is sad beyond words just how many out there have totally hardened ther hearts to even the "possibility" of God's Love and remedy for their sinfulness. However, what is impossible for man is possible with God; He is the ultimate judge of all of us.

Grace & Peace,

Lightseeker

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
We all are sinners. No matter how much you follow the Bible you will always do thing what God does not want. Because the body is flesh and the flesh needs so many things its all lust. Lust is sin. Which means we will always do thing in which God does not want. Best thing we can do is learn to lust for God life and the word of life.

Some say Jesus is God. Through Jesus is SON OF GOD (meaning off spring of god. But lets look to spriptures for the answer.

John 17 1- 26 Jesus is found praying to God and not himself. Jesus prayed to God (not himself) alot.

Second I dont know where in the gospels it says but it does Jesus says " Why call me good only God is good." And He also said " No man nor son of man knows the timeing of christ coming, only God knows the timeing of christ." AS in Jesus does'nt know his own coming only God knows.

Most important revelations chapter 4 and chapter 5 God is siting on a throne holding The Scroll Of Seven Seals in his right hand. Jesus comes and takes the scroll right out of his hand. showing two different bodies.

Jesus is one with God. Not only is Jesus the pure off spring of God, Jesus has the spirit of god in him two. Makeing him more one with God

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join