It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will you say/do, if you are wrong about Jesus

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Actually, I am finished with God and all the crap force-fed to us about Christianity. He permanently lost me as a believer a long time ago.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
i wish there was a jesus who would return and take all his loony followers away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that's just wrong man

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
Actually, I am finished with God and all the crap force-fed to us about Christianity. He permanently lost me as a believer a long time ago.

But Christianity does not speak for GOD. God is much greater than any worldly religion. It sadens me to see how christianity has made many people turn away from God. The message now is far off from the message Christ was trying to bring across. Some christians do hold the truth in there hearts but a majority just want to feel as if there right

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Helen, 100 years old isn't old, but niether is 2,000 compared to others. Isn't Judism about 10,000 years old? And witchcraft is 30,000-35,000 years old. So why believe in something 2,000 years old when there are religons 35,000 years old?

Also.... helen ....... ...trying...... . ..to read..... ...... ...some....thing like this is ..... . . ....really hard .....to .....d... .. .. ...o. In other words, please, asking nicely, stop typing like that.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   

But Christianity does not speak for GOD. God is much greater than any worldly religion. It sadens me to see how christianity has made many people turn away from God. The message now is far off from the message Christ was trying to bring across. Some christians do hold the truth in there hearts but a majority just want to feel as if there right

Well, until God wants to drop me a line and lay down some facts for me, we will not be friends any time soon. If Jesus' or God's teachings are corrupt, you can really only blame Jesus and God for allowing them to be corrupt.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Well, until God wants to drop me a line and lay down some facts for me, we will not be friends any time soon. If Jesus' or God's teachings are corrupt, you can really only blame Jesus and God for allowing them to be corrupt.

How can �Jesus� have control over something that took place 300 years after his death?!?!? He can't control the fact that man took a simple message and used it to control the masses. You can blame Constinene and the Holy Roman Empire for that.

God is like that little voice inside you. A conscious almost, but not quite!??! Most of us find reason to ignore this voice. Some follow it. God is love plain and simple. That was the message that �Jesus� was trying to tell. But when your talking to people who are stubborn when it come to accepting truth, uneducated about there reality, boastful about there ethnic pride you have to go a step further. I guess this is why he called himself the son of God. To get all of these people to stop worshiping GOD�S. The Romans especially. But we are all God�s children so in a way he was telling the truth. People just took it out of context.

The Most High exist outside of our reality. To say that he doesn�t exist because you can�t see �him� is not a good argument. You can�t see a lot of thins that exist in this solar system. Yet they still exist. This is only our solar system. Imagine the whole universe?!?!? We keep trying to give the Most High Human attributes. Even the �God�s� of Rome acted like humans.

I guess I�m just trying to tell you that you can�t used the ills of a religion to say that God is a murder or that God doesn�t exist. You have to remember that these religions are �man-made�. Religion is the science of trying to figure out what we don�t understand. Man has done this for years. Well now were starting to figure out things but we still have a long long long way to go. I�m just saying look past all earthly religions and try to find Most High within you. I still respect your decision however you based it off your ills of an earthly religion. The is a lot out there man just don't limit the possibilities. Peace

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I don't limit possibilities, that's why I don't believe in God or Jesus...

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
i wish there was a jesus who would return and take all his loony followers away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So do all lot of Christians - we pray for that day - it is called the Rapture. When that happens we be out of here. Remember Skadi, there are a lot of Christians praying that you get your wish.

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

Originally posted by TgSoe
I have about as much confidince in Jesus coming back in the clouds with power and great glory riding a white horse, destroying the enemy with the words of his mouth as I do Santa Clause coming this Christamas with his sled ,reindeer and a sack full of toys. Religion is nothing more than support groups or neighborhood government with priests or pastors, board members, every day people with a budget. That's not to say there is no good in religion. The fear of a God in my opinion is an ancient way of policeing the masses.

The reason I say this is because I have attended pentacostal churches for about 18 years and have seen no credible miricales or messages in tounges. I have seen 3 people stand up and claim to be healed of cancer whom each died months later. One pastors wife that my wife new before she met me died of breast cancer. The pastor refused to let her go to the doctor insisting God would heal her. The bible clearly teaches that signs and wonders will follow those who believe in Jesus. How much more can you believe than to loose your wife over it? Thats just a few of many similar stories.

Why believe in a new religion that is only 100 yrs old....
Born again .........pentecostal is a new religion that seem to think that ''speaking in tongues'' is an act of God......that in itself is something that God does not do..
God does not chose whom he speaks to or whom he wishes to ''speak in tongues''
God does not give ''Gifts'' to people that ask for it,in His time, He will reveal Himself through good deeds or other means.......That is why Jesus Christ did not like to ''perform miracles'' to someone without true faith...and even then,if one has true faith,why seek after a miracle???
eg....
""Do not cease to pray God that He will deliver you from this death...Laughter removes from us that blessing which is promised to those who mourn(Matt.5:4)
''Let not yor prophets that are in the midst of you ,and your diviners,deceive you...For they prophecy falsely unto you in My name:I have not sent them,saith the Lord(Jeremiah 29:8-9)
and also there is ........
'''Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils (1 Tim 4: 1 )
In the last days we shall see the spirits of devils , working miracles (Apoc.16 :14 )

The Second coming of Christ will be unmistakable:it will be sudden,from heaven (Acts 1:11)

For as the lightning cometh forth from the east, and is seen even unto the west, so shall be the coming of the Son of man (Matt.24 :23 -27 )

I have read all those scriptures a thousand times. I truly will be surprised if he comes.You can only beat a dead horse so long until you realise he's not going to get up and work for you. And i'm not ready to waid through any other religions lies either at least I know what to expect here. Nothing.

[Edited on 28-5-2003 by TgSoe]

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 02:11 AM
link   

I don't limit possibilities, that's why I don't believe in God or Jesus...
Hey Skullman, you would not believe the things that I am going through in my life and especially the things to come. Im not getting on you I'm kinda just trying to lift you up. Whether you believe in Jesus/God or whatever..just remember there is a better life after this one, one is not just dead and thats it. Look at all the marvelous creations around you. Do you really think that all of this, from the creations of the millions of different plants and animals, even us, look how complex we are, were formed from a bubbly foam swirling around in a gasious mix like some theorys scientists have? There is a creator skullman, and there is a saviour, his name is Jesus. I read about your faith and I really dont think you have given him a chance. I mean truly layed it all down to him. For if you do, he will come into your heart and then you could not deny. That feeling you get will be only known to you and you wont know how to describe it. Anyway, enough preaching. I hope you read this and think about what Ive said...........................................................Believer

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Why is it that Christians (Uber-Christians, anyway) feel that it is their job to force somebody into their belief system, or otherwise not have anything to do with them, and alternately look at the person as an evil creature, and sometimes gossip about them and their faults and screw-ups, without realizing their own?

One should note that few religions (if any, that I am aware of) other than various sects of Christianity try to bring in other followers, by "brainwashing" or otherwise - and some (as in my experience) literally drag someone to a church, trying to force them into their beliefs.

I would be a LOT happier and tolerant towards Christians if they would just accept that not everybody is going to accept what they believe, and trying to force somebody into something, in the way the government likes to do things, is what CAUSES rebellion.

If Christians accepted it when somebody said "I have my beliefs, you have yours" and leave it at that, I would be able to stand them. However, a Christian seems to do something like, "Okay, I agree that we have differing beliefs... but don't you feel terrible that Jesus did such-and-such, and that he died for your sins, and you don't believe in him!" or "You're going to hell" -- and in some fun cases, "any belief other than Christianity is the work of Satan!" -- cases like these don't really help to gain friends, or supporters or followers - other than those you apparently like fear.

Why do Christianty and the U.S. gummint sound so similar?

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
We're still having this discussion?

Well let me say this: Helen is wrong. I was reading what she wrote I think in page 5. "Christians agree with the Old Testament." What a false statement to the third power. The very Old Testament contradicts Christianity. Christians only use the OT to their advantage. Notice how Christians eat pork... why? Because the OT was replaced with the NT... how funny..

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Old Testament is closer to Judism, than Christianity....

New Testament is like "God Lite"

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Its going to be hard for most folk to ever escape the religion they were taught as a child. It captivates you like a prison. It will drive a wedge between you and your own flesh and blood relatives. It will make you think you are to good to associate with old friends you once cherrished. Then one day you wake and realize you won't get that chance to speak anymore because that friend has died in a car crash. Someone said there are some 25,000 religions. I don't know if that is accurate or not but I have found a new peace in not worrying about it. Life on earth is short and the nursing home is waiting. I think I'll go have some fun before its to late.

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
Its going to be hard for most folk to ever escape the religion they were taught as a child. It captivates you like a prison. It will drive a wedge between you and your own flesh and blood relatives. It will make you think you are to good to associate with old friends you once cherrished. Then one day you wake and realize you won't get that chance to speak anymore because that friend has died in a car crash. Someone said there are some 25,000 religions. I don't know if that is accurate or not but I have found a new peace in not worrying about it. Life on earth is short and the nursing home is waiting. I think I'll go have some fun before its to late.

And that is the whole hearted truth people.

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
We're still having this discussion?

Well let me say this: Helen is wrong. I was reading what she wrote I think in page 5. "Christians agree with the Old Testament." What a false statement to the third power. The very Old Testament contradicts Christianity. Christians only use the OT to their advantage. Notice how Christians eat pork... why? Because the OT was replaced with the NT... how funny..

Well , in the Old Testament ''An eye for an eye'' is all the go.....but does that help anyone???
If someone hurts you?
Do you hurt them back?
It is as though you do the same and are not any different ....''Turn the other cheek''

The first people Adam and Eve were naked.......does that mean we should walk around naked?
Everything happened for a reason!
And because of man's transgression, man needed to be saved through ..........a Saviour.....as is written in the Old Testament....
It is not what goes in the mouth,
But what comes out of the mouth........

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Actually, hurting someone for hurting you is the right way, the only way. Show me a Christian who actually has turned the other cheek and I'll show you a billion dollars. And those who have didnt do it for Jesus, they did it because they were too pussy.

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
wow man, you sure have alot of issues.

just because you dont agree with someones religion doesn't mean you need to use that kind of garbage language, especially on a board where women post.

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Look at the day you registered. You've been here for 2 weeks, I've been here for a year. Your the last person to try to say I got issues.

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Actually, hurting someone for hurting you is the right way, the only way. Show me a Christian who actually has turned the other cheek and I'll show you a billion dollars. And those who have didnt do it for Jesus, they did it because they were too pussy.

You are so wrong Illmatic!
Resisting a difficult situation is to endure...
Therefore one that turns the other cheek.......

To do as one has done to you,takes no restraint....it is accomplished without difficulty and no restraint....

Many situations that arise are best left alone.......because there will alawys be consequences,and i do not mean of a good result!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join