It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will you say/do, if you are wrong about Jesus

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGFOOT
You think Jesus would get killed if he returned? Well in the bible it says the next time he returns will be with all of his raptured saints. This isnt gonna make snese because u dont bielive in what the bible says. But once he returns he will set up peace on earth for 10,000 years. and everyone who doesnt Still bielive in christ after the rapture adn all the judgments, and if your still alive then you get to join all your firends in Hell
I can understand how you might have some confusion about him now but please pick up a bible to make more snese of it.

There's no way you people would believe it was Jesus, even if he did some parlor tricks. Actually, it would probably divide you. Some would think it's an antichrist trick by Satan, and others would think it's Jesus. There might be a little war, or a quick assassination. Either way, it would just be another thing for religious people to fight about.

[Edited on 12-7-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Yes so many people have a very skewed view of Jesus Christ.. He is all what all the others speak of, and has given us proof of his exsitance.. IT is all laid out right there.. The greatest blueprint for humanity.. However mankind controls and puts thoughts of decpetion in the air.. So our heart betrays us.. See after being stuck in a military experiment, I saw replicating points of time and actually touched the cross.. It made sense after all... EVERYTHING did ... Believe in something that at least promises everything you dream.. It will become

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
What if there was no Jesus and we believed a lie?

What if the day you woke up you found no need for him.. Then perhaps you created all of this...

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hm, if he came back, I would pose this question:

"Why did you put us through these things?" (I always ask this question)

And lol Ycon..lol..I remember you..was his name David, I can't remember...how is he doing anyways?

-wD

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revebo

See after being stuck in a military experiment, I saw replicating points of time and actually touched the cross.. It made sense after all... EVERYTHING did ...

Really.
hmm.
When did this happen?

BG

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Jammer,

since you are better educated in this subject area than most of us here,

do you think there is more in common amongst the major faiths or less?

I would say that there are many more similarities in concept and philosophy than differences. The methodologies are different. The dogma is different. But the concepts are often very similar. The "Golden Rule" is a very common theme that most people would be familiar with.

Here's some examples:

Bah�'� Faith
And if thine eyes be turned towards justice, choose thou for thy neighbour that which thou choosest for thyself.
_Epistle to the Son of the Wolf_, 30

Hindu Faith
This is the sum of duty: do naught to others which if done to thee would cause thee pain.
The Mahabharata

Jewish Faith
What is hateful to you, do not to your fellow men. That is the entire Law; all the rest is commentary.
The Talmud

Zoroastrian Faith
Whatever is disagreeable to yourself do not do unto others.
Shayast-na-Shayast 13:29

Buddhist Faith
Hurt not others with that which pains yourself.
Udana-Varga

Christian Faith
All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
The Gospel of Matthew Matt 7:12, Luke 6:31

Muslim Faith
No one of you is a believer until he desires for his brother that which he desires for himself.
Hadith

Let us look at those things which bring us together, rather than those that separate.

Peace,

~Jammer

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revebo

Yes so many people have a very skewed view of Jesus Christ.. He is all what all the others speak of, and has given us proof of his exsitance.. IT is all laid out right there.. The greatest blueprint for humanity.. However mankind controls and puts thoughts of decpetion in the air.. So our heart betrays us.. See after being stuck in a military experiment, I saw replicating points of time and actually touched the cross.. It made sense after all... EVERYTHING did ... Believe in something that at least promises everything you dream.. It will become

Excellent point. Beliefs are so powerful because they are solidified through our actions. Belief is an "active" verb. It is not acknowledgement.

As for these "military experiments", I (and I would assume many others on this thread) would be very interested to hear your experience.

When were they?
What were they trying to do?
How did you "touch the cross"?

Please share it with us if you care to.
My curiosity meter just jumped up to a higher magnitude

Peace,

~Jammer

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Sure, I'll bite. And I hope you can give us extremely lurid details of both this military experiment and your experience. I'll be eagerly awaiting.
Although, I have to be honest, 99.99999999% of people who claim things such as this either need psychological help, or are trying to pull off a hoax. Your claim is outlandish at best. I look forward to asking questions about every single detail. Surely you'll remember all of it, since it was, without a doubt, the biggest thing to ever happen in your life, right? In that case, you should have no problems answering questions.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   
i have faith

i always will

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by believerinchrist
If you wany to post to this question, please give an honest, deeply thought out response. Im very curious to as what one, who believes in other religions than Christianity, will do or say, in the end-judgement day-before our God-that most of us believe in, when God asks the question of one "I sent my son, did you not know him?" Or one of simalar fashion. Im not interested in the answers of "I dont believe etc....." Im just wondering why alot of people out there wont or dont take into consideration that Jesus is thier savior and the only way to the father and unto heaven is through Jesus Christ? Believe me, if you gave Jesus a chance, you would recieve something that you have only dreamed about in those other religions. Salvation, Forgiveness and Eternal Life. .................Believer

I don't think Jesus would ask why nonbelievers didn't believe in him. Jesus would ask why they didn't believe in God. But, if Jesus IS God, like he claimed, then he would have no need to ask. God would already know the answer.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Why is everyone saying that Jesus will return. Jesus will not return until after the Peace Millennium. Haven't you read the scriptures? Jesus WAS the Word of God and he mastered wisdom, which made him into a god. Just like he then sat down by his Father's right hand side, his son will sit down by his right side. Jesus is his God. God will transform him into a cyborg. He will have mechanical feet and arms in bronze and copper coatings, electronic vision blazing like fire and a terrible weapon hid in his mouth. Possibly some kind of static devise. In his right hand he holds the symbol of his power: a staff of iron. The word used for staff can be translated branch: he has a robotic army? He is set to guard the gate to the Kingdom of Heaven. He has the power to open so noone can close except him. Close so noone can open except him. What he binds noone can losen except him. And what he losens, noone can bind except himself. Woe to the unrightious when he comes riding in the end! The Word of Yeshuah is the crown on his head. His Victorious Son. When the first becomes the last: My God is the A and the �.

Blessings,
W!KLOmarius

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
AGNIS,

What if instead of God you would see Vishnu or Buda or maybe Waheguru

Buda was never the son or god, nor were any of the Guru's,
The gurus state that we are not the sons of god, but mere servants, Jesus according to the bible is the son of God, though that very though contridicts what our Gurus wrote,

There is only one God, he is the Creator, Sustainer and Destroyer.

"You are the Creator, O Lord, the Unknowable. You created the Universe of diverse kinds, colours and qualities. You know your own Creation. All this is your Play." (Guru Nanak, Var Majh)

"The Formless Supreme Being abides in the Realm of Eternity. Over His creation He casts His glance of grace. In that Realm are contained all the continents and the universes, Exceeding in number all count. Of creation worlds upon worlds abide therein; All obedient to His will; He watches over them in bliss, And has each constantly in mind." (Guru Nanak, Japji)

God cannot take human form.

"He neither has father, nor mother, nor sons nor brothers." (Guru Nanak, Maru)

"Burnt be the mouth that asserts, the Lord takes birth. He is neither born nor dies; neither enters birth nor departs. All pervasive is Nanaks Lord." (Guru Arjan Dev, Raga Bhairon)

Deep

I think I'm misunderstood, I have never said that Buda was the son of the god, nor the waheguru, I mentioned them just to show everybody that execpt christianity there also exist other religions.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
What if there was no Jesus and we believed a lie?

I'll remember that one. And don't be so proud of the acid. Many people have become strange in the head because of it. I know I have sinned and taken just about every drug the world has to offer. But I've had my reasons. My adversaries aren't all as nice as Jesus. Drugs is pharmakeia, and pharmakeia is defined as someone who hands out drugs. And '___' is a heavy drug. It was made from the same fongus that brought about all the chaos in the dark ages. Hey, people jumped into wells because that fongus made them feel like they were burning inside. They poked their eyes out in frustration and people's limbs even fell off. They called it Hellfire back then. Hell yeah! Today we use Hellfire against the satans and various beasts only. Who knows?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Not true. There are still many cultures that use hallucinogens in religious ceremonies.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   
what if jesus was only another iteration of the one who will eventually help us to transcend time into the next density when timewave zero hits in 2012

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
What would i say if I were being judged by God almighty?
Well if I found myself standing before his/it's throne I would
look at him and say>

What did you expect from me anyway?
I never owed you anything in the 1st place and
you want me to answer for myself?

If as some believe you created me and everyone else,
then it's you who is more at fault.
You know what humans are like and you know what they
are capable of.
So why do you continue to create and put up with us?
You should be the one answering for this.
If you are so omnipotent and all knowing as many claim
then it's your mistake more than mine and ours.
Whatever I have done wrong and what others have done
is your fault.

When a child is born and it grows up defective in character
the parents have to take some responsibility for this.
Either because they enforced no discipline on the child or
they proved too abusive and harsh.
Therefore you almighty one are to answer for our crimes and misdemeanors.

Even if it was true that you sent jesus christ down to die
for our sins that is of no concern of mine.
Had you created a better world and a better class of beings than us then that would have been unecessary.
You sacrificed your son for your mistake not ours.

Furthermore as I stated before I owe you nothing.
If it was you who created me than that's your accomplishment or fault not mine.
I didn't ask you to create me and I didn't ask to come into
this world.
And I certainly don't recall signing or agreeing to any contract stating any obligations with you or anyone else.
So what do you want from me?

I hope others read this,especially the one who posted this
thread.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Sounds similar to my answer (on the first page).....

Don't forget, the parent being absent, and abandoning their children, can have a bad effect as well....and since the last personal appearance recorded was only to some small children in Fatima (and even that was God's lover Mary....)

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Would one of you Christians please take the Easter Challange

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by believerinchrist
If you wany to post to this question, please give an honest, deeply thought out response. Im very curious to as what one, who believes in other religions than Christianity, will do or say, in the end-judgement day-before our God-that most of us believe in, when God asks the question of one "I sent my son, did you not know him?" Or one of simalar fashion. Im not interested in the answers of "I dont believe etc....." Im just wondering why alot of people out there wont or dont take into consideration that Jesus is thier savior and the only way to the father and unto heaven is through Jesus Christ? Believe me, if you gave Jesus a chance, you would recieve something that you have only dreamed about in those other religions. Salvation, Forgiveness and Eternal Life. .................Believer

I'm not going to read the rest of this thread. I wasn't even going to read this, until I noticed the username of the person who posted this, believerinchrist. I am a believer in Christ. I have been for the past 3 years, and was an athiest beforehand. And you know, there is no doubt in my mind I will never have to answer that question. I don't just believe Jesus was the son of God, the messiah, the christ, I know. Some of you may understand, others of you will want to question me, possibly even want to "enlighten" me as I did when I was an athiest.

If that is your wish, or you wish to say something to me about this post, you'll have to U2U me, because I doubt I'm going to continue to follow this thread. Although I might, because it might show me the mentality of others who don't believe.

If you have questions, or arguements, or just want to tell me I'm dead wrong, please U2U me, I'd be interested to hear

.......Another believer.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I do have to comment on this, because it was on the same page as my post, and I noticed it. My mom continuely tells my sister and me "I damaged you growing up. Now it's your job to get over it."
I always found that amusing.

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join