It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will you say/do, if you are wrong about Jesus

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 08:11 AM
link   
In answer to the original question I will say if I am wrong, " The woman you gave me decieved me ". Not to mention a 1000 broken promises.

Relax folk nobodies going to hell.

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Hope I'm wrong about jesus and the rest of the bible. Why? Why would I want to be involved with something like this?

"Happy Shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones" Psalm 137:9
or
"a blessing on anyone who seizes your babies and shatters them against a rock" Psalm 137:9

In three of the bibles I own, Psalm 137 stops at 7. The other five have Psalm 137:9 and have that in it.

Or of course a god who is called a man of war in the "holy" book.

"The Lord is a man of war; the Lord is his name" Exodus 15:3

And of course Jesus is as bad as his daddy is.

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household" Matther 10:34-37

This proves Jesus is for war, death, and fighting. Not love and peace christians say he does. If they actually read the bible, they might know this.

So jag, I know this won't do anything, you will post some site that is so full of holes one could drive a jumbo jet through them, and say they right. While others will read and think. Why is it christians(radical ones anyways) are so closed minded and hateful yet the ones they say are evil and going to hell are opened minded?

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
What if religion was a test, to distinguish the gullible from the free thinkers?

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Cargo I do beleive you have something there with that comment. Sheep are easy hearded in a flock. Harder is it the heard a lone sheep or the straglers. They need special coaxing. So God gives them a special insight to answer there questions and therefore return to him.

I feel I am one of those sheep. People like me are called mystics. Looking for understanding beyond the orthodox thelogies and doctrines. And therfore being labled an outsider, heretic, and nonbeliver. But this is ok cause it does'nt stop me from having that relationship with God. I will be judged for my sins and so will they. But I will not be judged for my gullibiliness.

Unless I'm wrong about God and there is nothing after death. But will this matter to me then.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Like Maddas said..if there is nothing after death.....then one has nothing to fear,or worry about!

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I do believe in a more powerful being that creatd the universe but i do not believe the bible, there are to many loopholes, i just think of it as a good story to tell around the camp fire. but anyways...i would say "D'OH" and then ask how come you didnt prevent the attack on pearl harbor? how come you didnt protect eurpe during the plague, how come you let terrorist level the world trade center in your name? how come you you let the nazi's come to power and almost obliterate an eniter religion? THE CATHOLIC CURCH IS ONE OF THE MOST CORUPT ORGANIZATIONS ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET!

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Whatever the church may be it is not God who did it!

People in the past and today will always look to put the blame on someone!

God does not interfere with man's ''Free will'' He did not interfere with Adam and Eve in the garden when they chose themselves to eat of the fruit.
Yes God could have interfered and destoyed Sin but, then man would not have a choice to make on their own....they would not have ''Free will''
When the time is come for all mankind to be judged....then God will have to Judge each person on their act's committed......
So I guess if the question is ''' What will you say/do, if you are wrong about Jesus?
Then one needs not worry if they did wrong if one lived a rightous life.....always attempting to strive for goodness and Love..
God is all good and it is people that have distorted the truth with lies that have managed to infiltrate humans in the world..
The devil knows that God is all good and that he himself will be thrown into the lake of fire at the end of the world.....therefore he feels that mankind should beleive in his lies and follow him to Hell....
One cannot be in any harm to do good in ones life....one can only benefit from goodness......
How good does one feel when they have done good and not hated ?
Does it benefit anyone to seek out destruction......not only for themselves but for others in their path!
Destruction in themselves because 'hate' brings out anger, and anger leads to an out of control emotion that one does not foresee!
Causing injury with words and may lead to physical harm to oneself and others!

posted on Jun, 10 2003 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Jesus knew ahead of time that he would be put on trial and killed.. not once during the entire ordeal did he fight back. Then, as he was on the cross dying, he asked God to forgive the people who had done this to him..

Sorry, but turning the other cheek and letting yourself get killed, is pretty easy if you are the son of God, and can rise from the dead.... The rest of us don't have that luxury....

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Jesus knew ahead of time that he would be put on trial and killed.. not once during the entire ordeal did he fight back. Then, as he was on the cross dying, he asked God to forgive the people who had done this to him..

Sorry, but turning the other cheek and letting yourself get killed, is pretty easy if you are the son of God, and can rise from the dead.... The rest of us don't have that luxury....

Good point Gazrok, what you just said about Jesus being the Son of GOD is again validated in the point you made.

Who of us living today could make that sacrifice?
Who living today are capable of living and dying only for the sake of others?
Who of us can raise themselves above death and Ascend?
Who among us can lead us back to GOD through their sacrifice?

Christ is the only one who has come along and lived completely for the sake of others. The ONLY one!

You don't have to believe in the Gift of Grace through the sacrifice of Jesus, but if you choose to reject Him, you're on your own.
Again I ask, can YOU raise yourself up?
Can YOU be perfect?
Can YOU Ascend to a higher density on your own?

I won't tell you not to try, it's not my place to direct your path.

But being that our paths are crossing in the existence on this bulletin board system, it is my responsibility to share with you all the Gift of Grace, the Love GOD has given us all through the sacrifice of Jesus of Nazareth. All YOU have to do is open your heart to it and the Holy Spirit WILL DO the rest.

God Bless You ALL.

Peace,

~Jammer (aka ~Ascender)

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
What if religion was a test, to distinguish the gullible from the free thinkers?

Thats what i tend to believe as well cargo. Just a big test to see who are the sheep, and who are those who wish to expand their minds and use what gifts they have without boundaries.

Gazrok yes, good point there.

Also, there are too many contradictions in the bible. Take for example this one. Why would God tell us to Love our Enemies while he Slaughters His?

[Edited on 7-12-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 12:27 AM
link   
What if they found some old records stating that Jesus was a black homosexual
?
Deep

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
What if they found some old records stating that Jesus was a black homosexual
?
Deep

Then Yeeeehaaa for the Gay Community. I guess the church would become pro gay. heh

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 12:58 AM
link   
believer,

no offense but I think you are missing a big point in all this discussion which few people bring up.

You are not saved or salvaged by promising yourself to Christ,

what they mean by 'through Christ' is to understand and live his teachings and to pray to Christ as a force that is willing and able and committed to helping you here. I see no logic in the idea that Christ is God or the only channel to salvation. I hope you understand what I am saying.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:45 AM
link   
If i were wrong

I would say OH NO!!

Then I would cry for eternity because God loves me and wants me to suffer forever because I was born with a skeptical personality. As a young child I always questioned him.. and what they taught me in church. But I kept going because my parents made me.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by alien

Originally posted by Ycon
What if Jesus was back and no one believed LOL

What if there were loonies claiming to be Jesus and people believed...

...hehehe...

[Edited on 21-5-2003 by alien]

LMFAO...I knew that was coming...

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Jammer,
[qoute]
Who of us living today could make that sacrifice?
Who living today are capable of living and dying only for the sake of others?
Who of us can raise themselves above death and Ascend?
Who among us can lead us back to GOD through their sacrifice?

Christ is the only one who has come along and lived completely for the sake of others. The ONLY one!
[qoute]

Your an Idiot.

You obviously dont know the religions of others.

You see your stupidity is marked by your own words,
I take offence when you say that Jesus was the only TRUE person on earth.

You have not heard of my Sikh Gurus?

They too died for these very reason, and History tells the story.

www.sikhs.org...

Take a look, and maybe you will realize that thier have been many Men/Women in this world who have died for the same reasons Jesus did.

Our 10th Guru Died for our Faith, For his beliefs and for Humanity,

The Tenth Master
Guru Gobind Singh (1666-1708)

' I establish thee as my son, that you spread My Path. Go and instruct men in Righteousness and the Moral Law, and make people desist from evil.'

I stood up, with joined palms, and bowing my head to Lord God, I said: Thy Path I shall spread only if Thou be at my back.

For this was I born into the world, I utter only how and what God uttered to me, for I am the enemy of no one. He who calls me God will surely burn in the fire of hell. For I am only the servant of God: doubt not the veracity of this statement. I am but the slave of the Supreme Being come to witness His Play. I tell the world only what my God said to me, for I will not be silenced through fear of the mere mortals. I utter as is the Instruction of my God, for I consider no one greater than Him. I am pleased not with any religious garb, so I shall sow the seeds of the Unaccountable One. Nay, I worship not stones, nor am I attracted by denomintional coats. I utter only the name of the Infinite and so attain unto the Supreme Being. I wear not matted hair, nor ear-rings, nor have regard for any such ritual, and do only what God bids me do. I repeat only the Name of One God who fulfills us, at all places. No, I utter not another's name, nor establish another God. I dwell upon the Name of the Infinite One and so realise the essence of the Supreme Light. I give thought to none else, nor utter another's name. O God, with Thy one Name I am imbued. I have no other pride. Yea, I utter only Thy Name and eradicate my endless sins. (Guru Gobind Singh, Vachitra Natak)

Every religion has its Matyrs, Saying Jesus was the only one is very Egocentric.

Every man can make the same Sacrifices as our Gurus/ Prophets/Etc have, That was the point they made to us,
To live for our people, to live to help those who cannot help themselves, to die to help those, to die to protect those.

Everyman/Woman on this earth is capable of Sharing the same light as these men, but we fail to do so cuz of our selfish greeds.
Deep

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 02:22 AM
link   

You don't have to believe in the Gift of Grace through the sacrifice of Jesus, but if you choose to reject Him, you're on your own.

Whats with this Preaching?

You make it sound like if we dont accept Christ were going to burn in Hell!

In my eyes I see Sikhism and the one true path "FOR ME", but you dont see me preaching the "Sacred Japji"

You should really stop to consider that thier are many paths to a life of goodwill and virtue, no matter what religion it be.

You know what?

I never pray, but tonight I shall pray, Pray for You,
Pray that one day you'll understand the feelings of others in this world, Pray that one day you'll learn to accept the fact that People choose thier own paths, that they feel brings them close to God.

Thier are many paths to God, None has proved itself to be wrong.

Deep

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I use to believe in Jesus when I was younger, but when I got older I start to think about it much more. I though about how can 1 person decide and have the power to decide if you live or die, and if you live in heaven or hell. I also don't think he, her, or what ever create people, world, and everything else. But I still believe that everyone can go to a spirit place or wherever you want to go.

But if it turn out I�m wrong about that, and Jesus try to send we to hell for believing what I believe in and everything that I do in this life, I�m going try not to go. If it involves fighting what ever it is I�m going to (if possible). if I do get sent to hell (which I don't believe in) I don't know what I�m going to do.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by believerinchrist
If you wany to post to this question, please give an honest, deeply thought out response. Im very curious to as what one, who believes in other religions than Christianity, will do or say, in the end-judgement day-before our God-that most of us believe in, when God asks the question of one "I sent my son, did you not know him?"
_________
I'd say, I tried. My unfulfilling efforts in Organized Religion growing up, in fact, prompted me to earn an entirely superfolous degree in Philosophy & Religion with the idea of perhaps seminary, but the more I learned about the Bible and the political efforts, editing, censorship and assassignations of early Catholicism rendered me unable to make a logical and complete assessment of the records of the life of the man called Jesus. If only the Chruch had more faith in it's claims that it would have allowed dissent, then I may have come to have faith in it. But alas, I believe in free will, not censors and book burners, and from what I do know that survived of Jesus I think he would agree. So I am what I am. I know what I think is your Son, big guy. But the Church and Bible have little to do with it, other than making it harder to believe. And if that's not good enough, I don't want in your little club you fickle biotch. If the bible thumping idiots on Earth are the 'right' ones... send me to hell you facist bastard.

Something like that.

[Edited on 7-12-2003 by RANT]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by believerinchrist
If you wany to post to this question, please give an honest, deeply thought out response. Im very curious to as what one, who believes in other religions than Christianity, will do or say, in the end-judgement day-before our God-that most of us believe in, when God asks the question of one "I sent my son, did you not know him?" Or one of simalar fashion. Im not interested in the answers of "I dont believe etc....." Im just wondering why alot of people out there wont or dont take into consideration that Jesus is thier savior and the only way to the father and unto heaven is through Jesus Christ? Believe me, if you gave Jesus a chance, you would recieve something that you have only dreamed about in those other religions. Salvation, Forgiveness and Eternal Life. .................Believer

What if instead of God you would see Vishnu or Buda or maybe Waheguru

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join