It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will you say/do, if you are wrong about Jesus

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Templar
I was brought up as a catholic, I was baptized, and regularly attended church with my family. And I don't regret doing these things, because I learnt some valuable life lessons that I can call my present day beliefs.... Beliefs are important as they lead to knowledge and if correct are what steers you through life. The problem is false beliefs will do the opposite. Jesus Doesn't exist, God Doesn't exist, mosus and everything else in the bible doesn't exist! Take a bite of the reality pie, realise that you only have this life to live then your gone, don't waste it on this s**t, enjoy life and get out there, why would a mysterious father figure tell you how to live your short life anyway? YOUR ATOMS FOR GOD *joke* SAKES, a system of consciousness, your brain and you are what you have left, until you die and are nothing more. Its simple. your a system, once you stop running what happens? Obviously the brain stops working and your no longer there, you stop functioning as a system and you cease to exist, it's not hard to comprehend

Wow! Talk about a conversion (of sorts). I suggest you re-evaluate your perception of reality. There is more than enough evidence out there for the spirit. Putting all your eggs in only 4 dimensions is ignorant. This isn't meant to sound disrespectful. You can believe whatever you want, but at least look at the world with an open heart. Physicists KNOW that there are more than 4 dimensions to existence. There has to be to describe and unify what we observer as "reality." Take a serious look at any paranormal subject or deep mystery (crop circles). If you approach it seeking truth with an open mind, you will be surprised and I personally believe that you will find your spirit again.
I sincerely hope you do

Peace,

+Jammer

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Templar
Take a bite of the reality pie, realise that you only have this life to live then your gone, don't waste it on this s**t, enjoy life and get out there, why would a mysterious father figure tell you how to live your short life anyway? YOUR ATOMS FOR GOD *joke* SAKES, a system of consciousness, your brain and you are what you have left, until you die and are nothing more. Its simple. your a system, once you stop running what happens? Obviously the brain stops working and your no longer there, you stop functioning as a system and you cease to exist, it's not hard to comprehend

Ahumm... Ladies and Gentlemen... May I have your attention please...

This has already been debunked, here...

The above was just based on materialistic science. Which was shown not to be that accurate anymore, based on scientific discoveries that have yet to reach the mainstream media. And scientists who try to go against the accepted flow, get burned. (pdf file)

Please don't conviniently ignore that again...

[Edited on 13-1-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jammerman

Physicists KNOW that there are more than 4 dimensions to existence. There has to be to describe and unify what we observer as "reality."

There are sound scientific investigations in this area:

Modern Physics and Subtle Realms: Not Mutually Exclusive

What Can Elementary Particles Tell Us About the World in Which We Live?

P.s: These are .pdf files. If you have a slow computer or connection, use "right lick-save as"

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   
If the last people to see "god" lived around 2000 years ago, and they described him/her/it as having vast knowledge and living in the heavens. Where is the logical explanation? That god only liked to interact with people 2000 years ago. Or that some sort of extraterrestreal beings had frequent contact with us long ago. I'm convinced that the bible is the best people could interpret the events that were going on at the time. They did not have nearly as much knowledge as we do today, our language is more advanced, and they did not have much to compare thing to. For example when the Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed and "God" sent fire down from the heavens. And why is it that all the religious artwork has UFO's in the background???

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nimbus
If the last people to see "god" lived around 2000 years ago, and they described him/her/it as having vast knowledge and living in the heavens. Where is the logical explanation? That god only liked to interact with people 2000 years ago.

Who is to say that God isn't interacting with us in the present day and that we're just too blind to see Him?

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

If the last people to see "god" lived around 2000 years ago, and they described him/her/it as having vast knowledge and living in the heavens. Where is the logical explanation? That god only liked to interact with people 2000 years ago.

Who is to say that God isn't interacting with us in the present day and that we're just too blind to see Him?

Who's to say that there aren't invisible creatures stealing my left socks?
Do you see how ridiculous this question is?

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Well if J shows up, we'll have a beer in my garage and I'll ask him to show me the fish and loaves trick. It would come in handy when I don't have grocery money. I always ask myself why the religious believers always think they're right. You will be condemned if you think otherwise. Yep J was a shepperd and people follow him like brainwashed sheep. I ask, what will they do if it's proven to all be a hoax.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JungleJim
Well if J shows up, we'll have a beer in my garage and I'll ask him to show me the fish and loaves trick. It would come in handy when I don't have grocery money. I always ask myself why the religious believers always think they're right. You will be condemned if you think otherwise. Yep J was a shepperd and people follow him like brainwashed sheep. I ask, what will they do if it's proven to all be a hoax.

It won't happen because it is not really something that one can prove. It is a matter of faith. However if you are speaking hypothetically then people would reject the proof and stay entrenched in their ways. No disrespect to those whom worship, but all of the religious people that I know personally are quite close-minded and hopelessly stuck in their ways.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
According to Islam,
Jesus lived, but when Judas betrayed him to the romans
God sent down a cloud which took Jesus to heaven where he lives to this day.

The man who was crucified was not Jesus, but one of his followers. The other folllowers had written the true bible from jesus's teachings.

The jews had found this bible, and did one of two things,
Burnt it.
Hid it.

Made thier own version of it, and what we see it it revised over the centuries.

DEEP

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Right. Cloud... spaceship.. same difference. (oxymoron?)

He lives in about 300 thousand people (his ancestors) to this day. Go Jesus! Go Jesus!

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I will say. Please forgive me, I was a stupid sinner!

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Honestly, if I'm wrong, I'll just say

"Ooops, sorry jesus. Guess yall should done away thing the other religions and free thought so my choice woulda been easier".

If I'm right, well, who knows what'll happen then.

I still haven't seen enough answers from those who DO believe and what they would say/do if they are wrong.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by believerinchrist
Im very curious to as what one, who believes in other religions than Christianity, will do or say, in the end-judgement day-before our God-that most of us believe in, when God asks the question of one "I sent my son, did you not know him?" Or one of simalar fashion.
In the end judgement I'll say that I have known about Jesus through the Bible and church, and that what was written about Jesus was expressed divinely.

I would say that the Bible has pointed the way to the almighty--you, God, and that I have found the feeling of a God higher than myself spiritually fulfilling.

I would say that the Bible's words have reached all corners of the earth, that the goal of the word was reached.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr

Originally posted by Leveller

Who's to say that there aren't invisible creatures stealing my left socks?
Do you see how ridiculous this question is?

You make a point, but atleast consider this: Do hundreds of millions of people all around the world believe in invisible creatures stealing your left socks? And for thousands of years?

Perhaps God said all he needed to say back then, had it all written down, and now he's wondering why the hell people don't just read the stinkin' book?

Perhaps he's busy talking to people on a planet in some other galaxy right now. The universe is a big place.

Maybe he's not checking his messages.

Maybe he's roaming.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by quango
You make a point, but atleast consider this: Do hundreds of millions of people all around the world believe in invisible creatures stealing your left socks? And for thousands of years?

Of course not for thousands of years...don't be silly! Just as long as there have been dryers.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Of course not for thousands of years...don't be silly! Just as long as there have been dryers.

Well... has anyone tried communicating with these creatures?

Where do they stand on the issues?

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   
stop the dramatics, stop feeling bad for yourself and stop using the media to illustrate your point. Dont kill, dont steal, dont rape. These are laws by which any man of any religion can live by. Just be a good person. Bad things happen to everyone. Just because you are religous does not mean that others are not or that you are safe from what other people do.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebeagle
stop the dramatics, stop feeling bad for yourself and stop using the media to illustrate your point. Dont kill, dont steal, dont rape. These are laws by which any man of any religion can live by. Just be a good person. Bad things happen to everyone. Just because you are religous does not mean that others are not or that you are safe from what other people do.

I'd rather say: Crush every TV. Destroy every radio. Break every burn every idol image. Don't build cities too large, don't gather in masses. Live in smaller communities, with restrictions on technology. Forbid wireless broadcasting, bury every cable. Destroy all evil. Eradicate perversion. Heal the sick. Love your neighbour as yourself. And rock and roll.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   

There have been many ridiculous myths that have survived a very long time. All it takes is a group of people who really believe, to convince others that they should believe. Since not believing in these invisible creatures (that steal my left socks) carries no threat of eternal damnation, I'd say that has alot to do with it.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The master is right. I believe the same.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join