It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America; A Coward Country

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by beezzer

my question is this...

can you reason with stupid?

Absolutely.

I do it daily.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by beezzer

20 million illegal immigrants(estimated of course), 47 million on food stamps, 4 million who make minimum wage, 20 million felons, and almost 3 million incarcerated

whats your answer beezzer?
edit on 19-11-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

Surely looks like someones not doing their job here. Don't know if cowardice is the cause, maybe incompetence, or misguided priorities...

You two may be arguing the same point.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

BubbaJoe

beezzer

BubbaJoe

beezzer

BubbaJoe

beezzer

Kali74
reply to post by beezzer

Yes those people exist but in far fewer numbers than you assume... just one facet of the problem with your thinking. But your mind is set isn't it?

My mind is set in that I think it is better to be self-reliant than subservient.

Is it impossible for you to see any point between those two points? That has been the problem with the entire thread, many of us see a need to change things, but because of the labels etc, no compromise is acceptable. While I have no sources or stats to defend my position, no one alive in the USA today has every been self reliant, they have relied on others to provide some good or service for them at some point.

So a "you didn't build that" quote, huh?

Really bad attempt at deflection, it was an honest question. You relied on the Federal government for a paycheck for many years, and are still relying on them for your retirement pay. Just like my time in the military has allowed me to rely on VA for health care. Long story short, you were not self reliant as some on here want to define it. You didn't grow all of your own food, perform you own medical services, etc, etc. Even in the founders day, it was rare for someone to be totally self reliant.

So are you attacking me, or the message?

Because we can start a "bad beezzer" thread and attack me all day long.

But this is just another deflection at me calling America a "coward".

edit on 19-11-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

Not intending to attack you or your message, I too think we have a lot of problems in the country, especially with those that feel entitled. Calling Americans cowards, I have an issue with, as I explained in an earlier post. We need to find answers, and not continue to point fingers, and place blame. There are enough problems and blame to be spread across ever president and congressperson in the last 100 years. Compromises, which served our founders and leaders for so long, have become a bad thing because of the "Black/White" thinking for many in the country. Shades of gray exist in many portions of our life, and this needs to carry over to our politics.

All I'm doing is identifying. Placing "blame" means not being responsible.

I make more mistakes on any given day than most people do in a month.

Big deal. I own it.

All of it.

But I'm also willing on doing more, doing better, and relying on just myself.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The only thing i disagree with you on is doing it yourself.

We are 1 huge community and if we dont accept and act on that then were going to continue to create a chasm between us and a functioning society.

It isnt just you.

The most successful societies ever were the ones that worked together, weather forced to or not. This idea that we can do anything on our own is wrong.

We need to start thinking of ourselves as a community.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
When Americans are broke, jobless, and starving, the cowardice will end.

Cowards are born from comfort. Take that away, and what lurks beneath will rise to the surface. History does not lie.

I for one, hope that I live long enough to see the true savagery of the American citizens.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

buster2010

six67seven

buster2010

butcherguy
reply to post by beezzer

Where's my Obama phone?

I heard a guy at work the other day say that he is beginning to feel stupid for working. He has several completely healthy relatives that haven't worked for decades. They live courtesy of the charity forced upon taxpayers. He has a strong work ethic, but after watching this for so many years, he is being worn down.

It certainly seems like it could be the goal of the government to have this effect on working people.

But when everyone is on the dole.... who pays for it?

Don't you mean Bush phone? The program started under him.

Nope, he means exactly what he said... obama phone. cuz it was a "thing" create by obamaphone lady. I dont think you get it. There is no right/left. I know I speak for others when I say, we are not affiliated with a political party, we don't have a seat at the table, we are trying to make people realize they dont have a seat either, and its time to realize the truth and fight for one (seat at the table). You cannot, will not shut us up!! We are the people.

Sorry I forgot facts don't work when you are talking to TPers.

Sorry, what facts are you referring to from my post you quoted?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by supremecommander

We are broke, jobless, and not hungry yet.

Its right around the corner dude. Eeveryone is feeling it EVERYONE. The people who aren't are blind and cant see whats happening in their community.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

beezzer

Kali74
reply to post by beezzer

Yes those people exist but in far fewer numbers than you assume... just one facet of the problem with your thinking. But your mind is set isn't it?

My mind is set in that I think it is better to be self-reliant than subservient.

But you are not self-reliant this is where the TPers delusion sets in. Unless you are a business owner you depend on someone else to create a job for you. You rely on someone else to grow your food for you. You don't provide yourself with all the resources you need to survive so no you are not self-reliant. You like everyone else are nothing but slaves to the corporations.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

supremecommander

Cowards are born from comfort. Take that away, and what lurks beneath will rise to the surface. History does not lie.

I for one, hope that I live long enough to see the true savagery of the American citizens.

And if history is any indicator...

The savagery will be directed at each other! Is that what you want?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

supremecommander

Seriously, the stories and pics from the one 150 years ago aren't enough? I have kids and grandkids, and enough of a history student, to hope to never have to live through something like that.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

supremecommander

And there it is...

The human condition cycles around this conundrum. I'm hoping to see it happen as well. Tough as it will probably be.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I truly wish I could applaud you! This was very well put out there and long overdue. I have been avoiding commenting in these threads because I'm tired of arguing with people, put that in itself makes me a coward.

It's too easy to blame someone else. It's too difficult to sacrifice and be frugal. It's too much hard work and not PC enough to hunt for your own meal, or carry a gun for protection while you gather wild foods. It takes too much time to can and preserve your own food to sustain you through the winter. And how dare people save money and prioritize their lives so they can afford a nice house. Now that someone who works their ass off has too much and just has to pay their fair share. How dare somebody be upset about their monthly bills going through the roof to pay for a crap system that doesn't work in the first place. Even more how dare that person who already sacrifices daily have enough leftover to feed the poor. Nope, you can't feed them but they expect to be ENTITLED to more money from somebody else's paycheck while they play video games. But nope those evil people who live entirely independent are just baby haters.

Sorry, guess I'm a bit frustrated by it too. It's ridiculous. A lot of hard work, real work, sacrifice, and frugality can lift anyone from their victim hood. People need to hear it more too! Why doesn't it work the other way, why do my rights disappear just because I work for what I have. This has been the question of the ages in my home. Th saddest part is that I have actually encountered animosity when providing supposedly hungry people with food instead of cash.

Go beezzer!
edit on 19-11-2013 by woodsmom because: Typos

edit on 19-11-2013 by woodsmom because: Stupid touchscreen keypad

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

onequestion

We are broke, jobless, and not hungry yet.

Its right around the corner dude. Eeveryone is feeling it EVERYONE. The people who aren't are blind and cant see whats happening in their community.

Yet. Key word.

We aren't feeling it yet. If we were, the nation's capitol would be a warzone.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

We are already broke and jobless.

Look at the stats i post in my response last page.

Were not hungry yet. The only reason people are in the streets rioting right now is because of the christian church and food stamps.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

beezzer
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Above are just two threads from many that have spurred me to write this one.

Dunno how long this will last, though. It's not going to be a nice thread, nor a pretty one.

First let me apologise to many. I'm sorry. Not everyone can be brave. I wrongly assumed that people would naturally embrace noble efforts. I wrongly assumed that people would steer clear of cowardice.
It takes guts to be responsible.
It takes courage to self-determine and make your own way.

Then there are those that shun responsibility.
Those that willingly cede self-determination.
Those that gladly give up independence.
Cowards.

But not everyone can be brave. And that's what political leaders are counting on.

From PC indoctrination (see above thread) to hate-filled vitriol towards independent groups like the Tea Party (see above thread) America is looking to eliminate independence.

They want to see a nation filled with victims. People who get offended and cry for help from government.
People who get sick and cry for help from government.

People who need and want someone(government) telling them what to do.
How to act.
How to live.
What to eat.
What to drink.
What to buy.
What to earn.

The government wants cowards.

Are you against Obamacare? Then you are mean and stupid and want people to die. (not true)
Are you against higher taxes? Then you are greedy and mean and don't want to help out poorer people. (not true)
Are you against PC? Then you are a bigot or a fascist. A hater who doesn't want equality. (not true)

But that is the meme being engineered in our society.

The government wants you to run and hide if you see someone with a gun. They see that as a better solution than fighting back.

They want victims.
They want whiners.
They want cowards.

If you are an independent thinker, you are a hater.
If you are self-reliant, you are a hater, a domestic terrorist.

I guess the choices have become clear.

In America you have a choice.

You can be a coward and be accepted by the government and take what they give you and don't you dare complain or you can be brave, independent, self-reliant, self-determined, and be vilified, hated, and be a target by the coward nation.

This probably constitutes a rant, but I feel it has social ramifications as well. Though if it comes off as too hateful and angry, then delete if you must, oh mods of the site!
edit on 19-11-2013 by beezzer because: t

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Sorry, for the cumbersome double post.
I was just trying to say that there are very brave and aware people in Our United States.

edit on 19-11-2013 by vonraschke because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by beezzer

The only thing i disagree with you on is doing it yourself.

We are 1 huge community and if we dont accept and act on that then were going to continue to create a chasm between us and a functioning society.

It isnt just you.

The most successful societies ever were the ones that worked together, weather forced to or not. This idea that we can do anything on our own is wrong.

We need to start thinking of ourselves as a community.

So much this. Since when was it a weakness to be a strong community?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

Thanks!

I see many trying to justify the cowardice and to downplay any attempt at being self-reliant.

Anything to enable government and to downplay any attempt at self-determination.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Nobody has any money dude.

There isnt enough room in this economy because a very small percentage of its populace have all the wealth and arent spending it period.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Something tells me Beezzer might be right.

Yet there're a number of ways to look at it.

Usually when we lose freedom we're trading it for security.

Can too much freedom or too much security be a bad thing?

Should we never trade freedom for security? If so, then why not give a drivers license to 12 year olds or allow consensual sex between adults and children? Is it more important 12 year olds are free to get a drivers license or children are free to have consensual sex with adults than it's to forbid them from doing so because most of them or all of them will make poor decisions? Don't we forbid those freedoms to younger people to protect them and give society more security? This asks a question: When does freedom become reckless?

Should we never trade security for freedom? If so then I suppose it makes sense to forbid people from driving since driving kills thousands of people every year. And they can't drink alcohol since too many people become alcoholic and destroy their family and/or kill somebody in an accident and/or cause mayhem. Maybe people shouldn't own guns, since some people will use them to kill others unlawfully. People abusing guns can close down a section of a major city, as we saw recently. This begs the question: When does security harm us instead of help us?

I don't know if there's a right or wrong answer to all this. My brain is too small. There're too many factors. I want to think it's all a slippery slope and we'll become so secure it'll suffocate us, but then I think maybe it doesn't work that way. Maybe it only seems secure to me, but it's in fact not. For example, maybe I just missed things and if I knew about them I'd see things aren't snowballing to hell afterall.

I am hesitantly leaning towards siding with Beezzer. However, maybe I'm just being hard-headed and observing the past through rose-colored glasses. Maybe I'm judging the present too harshly and perhaps I'm not being critical enough of myself. Maybe I've screwed up and am blaming the wrong thing and misusing my anger.
edit on 19-11-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join